Beyond Love

By SilentSkies_23

Manik Malhotra :a famous Youth sensation, singer by proffesion, having lakhs of girls behind his back to just... More

Character Sketch
1|Meetings|
2|The Dopplegangers|
3|Fest|
4|Dastaan-e-Bell|
6|What a Surprising Day|
7|Shaam-e-Ikrar|
8|Dining in|
9|Corn-er seats|
10|Pakde gaye?|
11|All about food|
12|Sleepy Tales|

5|Dinner Delights|

2.6K 306 92
By SilentSkies_23

Happy New Year!!

As I look back today at the year that passed away, I realised that I might not had the best year but this year definitely taught me the what I have been yearning to learn.

From realising that the anxiety I had since childhood was being a burden to me to discovering a new side of me that had lost the will to live. I decided to cut every single thing that would make me happy.... Which also resulted in me taking the books down.

The side that I saw makes me shiver today, for if any of the steps I had taken, been bought to a bit of success, I would carry the guilt along or wouldn't been alive.

I still carry the marks I bore, but now they are not of a weak person but of someone who looks at them and realises how strong she is.

If taking professional help, was an initiative then securing a well paid internship was the gift. During those days, I always thought how would I ever come out of it. Even now I do, whenever I get anxious, I realise there is a long road ahead before I completely come out as an anxiety less person. But now what motivates me is the position that I am currently.

Some happy moments and some sad ones . Getting a group of 6 Friends for someone who didn't have even one still makes me feel as if a dream. I have spent a good year, turning 20 and yet realising ki my akal is in kooda.

This was how my last year was. Feel free to give your inputs and along with that anybody who feels like ranting, I am here.

Though I am not sure when I would replying since the first day of the year has got me quite high......not on drinks but on fever.

Also, I had decided to update once I am done with editing but then I realised that it would actually take a forever to do so.

P.s Your love for these books was the factor to get me back to updating.❤️

Enjoy Reading!!

3 Months later

Goldstein Apartment

7 PM

3 months had passed since Manik and Nandini had met and they had become the best of friends. Both of them were so different yet so alike.

Both of them didn't have many friends and shared an equal amount of love for food too.

Nandini was correcting the answer sheets of her students when her phone rang and as per her habit without looking at the caller Id she picked up the phone.

"Hello Amma!!! main theek h!! mujhe pata hai late hogaya hai aur maine abhi tak khaana nahi khaya mai aaj bahar jaa rahi hu!! hello amma kuch bolo"

"Hello, to you too Ms Murthy"

"Manik" Nandini said palming her face.

"Haanji Mai"

"You called me up, at this time? I thought it was Amma" Nandini said trying to act normal despite her wish of the ground swallowing her up.

"Haan!! Vaise you should not reveal all your details aise hi,koi bhi faiyda utha sakta hai.!!"

"Kaisa faiyda Mr Malhotra?'

"Faiyda jaise ki tumse puchna Would you come for a dinner with me!!!"

Nandini was shocked would be an understatement, she looked at her phone's screen once and then at herself.

"Hello? You there?" Manik asked as he recieved no reply from her side.

"Yeah!! And why do you think I will say yes to you?"

"You will refuse your first bestfriend?"

"These emotional talks don't work on me!!"

"Nandini I really want you to come with me for the but only if you're comfortable." Manik said making things normal.

"What about Media and tum itni door se aaoge?"

Ma- I would check everything Ma'am, also I was here for a meeting toh ..don't worry!!So shall I consider this as a yes?

Nan(Laughing)- Yup

Ma- So where do we meet?

Nan- You remember, maine tumhe voh dosa wale stall ke baare main bataya tha

Ma- Yeah,voh jo thoda corporate area mai padta hai

Nan- Hmm, wahi wala lets eat there,kya khyaal hai?

Ma- Kafi tasty sa hai

Nan- Haha...Alright then we will meet at 8?

Ma- Mujhe waha ka address nahi maloom

Nan- Umm, tumhe corporate area ka start pata hai?

Ma- Haan

Nan- Toh you come there,aur usse pichle signal pe mujhe ek ring de dena I will come there,

Ma- That's cool!!See you then,bye

Nan- See you at 8 sharp

Ma- Ofcourse Ma'am, if this student gets late toh aap punishment de sakti.

Nan- Manik shit up.

It was around 7:55 when Nandini's cell rang and she proceeded towards their meeting spot.

Manik who was in his car ,looking around for a figure familiar yet so unfamiliar to him was brought out of his searching session with a call.

Ma- Ms Proffessor you are late.

Nan- I am on time but where are you?

Ma- Arey I am standing right under the pole beside the gate

Nandini looked around and found a 'Swift' parked under the pole.

Nan- Are you in the Swift?

Ma- Yup!! 

Nan- Ek baar tum dipper maroge?

Ma- Just a sec

After getting confirmed that it was Manik only she reached near the Car,and Manik steeped out of the driving seat.

Ma- Hey

Nan- Hii

Manik came a bit forward to side hug her and Nandini followed the suite.

Ma- Phele lets go and eat, I am already famished 

Nan- Yup, Vaise bhi it closes at 9 and its already 8:15

Getting into the car, they reached their desired spotJust as Manik was going to step down the car, Nandini stopped him and said.

Nan-Aise hi order de dete hai kyuki,fir yaha parking ki jagah nahi hai

Manik too looked around and found that the only spot empty was infront of the entrance,which would also fall under the NO-PARKING ZONE.

Ma- So order kar do, we will get it here itself.

Nan- yeah

After getting their orders, they were siting at Marine drive, munching on the dosas.

Ma- you seem to come here often

Nan- ghar ke paas hai aur tasty bhi hai toh

Ma- hmm

Nan- So how's it

Ma-amazing mujhe lagta hai mujhe yaha pe har week aake khaana chahiye, issi bahane I will get to meet my friend also, kyu?

Nan- Bahut acha tareeka hai yeh

Ma- tch..idhar mai hun jo tumse milna chata hun aur tum ho ki mazak udaa rahi ho

Nan- Maine kaha ki acha tareeka hai milne ka

Ma- ofcourse, Acha toh next treat meri

Nan- done

Ma- so gudi padwa wale din

Nan- I am going to Delhi

Ma- What!!!Kab !!kyu?

Nan- I go to Delhi in 2-3 months, ab weekend bhi pad raha tha aur Gudi padwa ki chutti bhi hai toh, you're not going to Pune

Ma- haan I have to..Its been a while I have been there, I miss mumma ke haath ka khana

Nan- ofcourse

Ma- So tum kab jaa rahi ho

Nan- iss friday ,shaam ki flight hai

Ma- aur vapis

Nan- tuesday morning,kyu?

Ma- soch raha hun tumhare piche se tumhare ghar mai daaka dalu

Nan- mere ghar mai kuch bhi nahi hai

Ma- Arey toh kisne kaha mujhe paise churane hai, kuch bhi chura sakta hun

Nan- meri books ko chod ke kuch bhi chura lo

Ma- book? chemistry maine kya karni hai?

Nan- Main chemistry ki books ke baat nahi kar rahi, jo baki books padi hai

Ma- arey tab bhu main books nahi padta

Nan- toh bartan churaoge kya?

Ma- chor kaun main na main khud decide kar lunga.

Laughing at his frustrated face, Nandini stood up and folded the empty place.

Ma- chale?

Nan- hmm, mujhe kaam bhi karna hai

Ma- bacho ke mehnat se likhe hue papers ain arks kaatna kaam nahi ghor aprad hai

Nan- theek hai Manik abhi chale

Manik and Nandini settled in the car, and once they had reached near the roundabout they jad earlier met, Manik asked her.

Ma- tumhe mujhe aage ke direction dene padgenge

Nan- Manik drop me here,main chali jaungi mujhe zyada time nahi lagta

Ma- Nandini it's almost 10, aur aage rasta isolated sa lag raha hai,so tell me the directions,

Nan- Manik bas lag raha hai hain nahi, tum muj-

Ma- direction?

Nandini huffed but knowing that he won't budge she told him the directions.

Once they were at her apartment, Nandini came out along with Manik.

Ma- alright then, bye

Nan- byee, ring me when you reach home.

Ma- hmm

Nandini side hugged Manik before moving in to her Apartment.

Manik was driving back home, when his phone rang.

Ma- Mumma

Ishi- Meri shundar mundari

Ma- Mumma not again

Ishi- Manik tu drive kar raha hai?

Ma- haan maa

Ishi- fir ghar pahunch jaa mai fir baat karti hun

Ma- jee maa

********************************

Please vote and comment....🙏☺️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 3.8K 21
Nandini Is a Rich yet hottest girl who has a large business to handle after her family. She is bold yet selfish girl. Manik is a new to his job of be...
611K 23.8K 28
This is a fan fiction based on the youth show Kaisi Yeh yaariaan- popularly known as KYY. --------- The story revolves around Nandini Murthy- a twen...
You and I By

General Fiction

59.2K 4.2K 71
Nandini Murthy A girl who used to be the most cheerful is now a silent version of herself. A silent spectator in the life around her. A child's worse...
233K 22K 41
Nandini murthy is a simple, ambitious girl who dreams of being a top researcher at ISRO. Even though her family has set her up to be married soon, h...