My Heart Is Buried In Venice...

By trashbag-baby

Completed! Joe has a thing for the only female medic in Easy company. - Joe Liebgott X reader - Started: 05/1... More

Cast/Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-one
Twenty-two
Twenty-Three

Ten

405 4 0
By trashbag-baby

Joseph

It was finally warming up and Maggie was getting ready to burst at any point. I held her hand as we road in trucks to where ever they wanted us. We were stopped, I pulled out a cigarette and lit it.

"The baby...it keeps kicking Joe. It hurts so much," Maggie had tears running down her face.

"Maggie just breath through it okay?" I put my hand on her stomach gently.

"Pregnant? Is that your baby Joe?" Webster called. Last I saw him he was injured at Holland. He was back but not after being privileged and not going through what the rest of Easy did in Belgium.

"Yeah it's mine," I rolled my eyes putting my arm around Margaret and turning away from him.

"What's your name?" He asked Jackson. Jackson replied and helped Webster back up. They called for us and I got up pulling Maggie up and helping her up.
They got us into abandoned houses to get rest and let us relax. I walked with my arm around Maggie helping us to where Easy was staying.
Lipton opened the door and laid on a couch. He had caught pneumonia.
"Here sit down Sweetheart," I sat her down on a chair and she clenched her eyes leaning her head back.
People came in giving us food and water. I sat next to Maggie while the rest of the men ate.
"Here I got you some food," I handed her the cup of stew.

"Did you get some?"

"I did don't worry about me," I assured her. She nodded and ate up. A young soldier came in, he couldn't be any older than 17-18 maybe.

"Where can I find Captain Spiers?" He spoke generally into the group of them.

"Over there," Luz pointed over to where Spiers was speaking with Lipton. We looked up as Malarkey walked in.

"Malarkey, you're back already?" Maggie smiled.

"Yep couldn't miss it," he chuckled.

"How's that ass feel?" I smiled turning to him.

"Better," he smiled. I heard talking about patrol between Lipton and Spiers. Something about taking over on the other side of the lake. I sighed and I helped Maggie up as we went over to the bunks where the rest of the men were. Maggie sat down on one and I stood next to it.
Webster came in, "This taken?" He motioned to the bunk bed above where Maggie was sitting.

"No," she shook her head looking up at him.

"Guys this is lieutenant Jones," he motioned to the boy who looked like he could be no more than 18.
Jones wandered over to Spiers.

"Is he even out of high school?" I asked Web.

"He's out of West Point," Webster shrugged.

"So what do you know about this patrol thing?" I asked him.

"Uh nothing," he stated lying.

"Oh come on Web you gotta know something," Maggie said.

"I don't," he sighed.

"Bullshit," I spat on the ground.

"You were there right? At the CP?"

"This is a prisoner snatch right?" Heffron asked.

"Why you hold in out man I know you know." I pointed at him.

"Joe just leave it alone," Maggie sighed looking at me from where she was laying.

"Just give us the names Web," Heffron asked.

"Who?" I asked again.

"There are three men in this room, that they think should be the patrol. Well if I tell you, you can't let on that you know." He started.

"Your secrets safe Web. Who is it?" I stared him down. I didn't want to go in case I did end up dead. But the other reason I didn't want to miss the birth of me and Margaret's baby as she could give birth any day now.

"Yeah, Heffron." He started.

"Aw shit," he sighed putting his head in his hands.

"McClung and you." He looked away.

"He want any other guys from any other platoon, I don't wanna miss the birth," I looked into my tea.

"Joseph it's fine," Maggie looked up at me.

"No, no I don't know not that I know of. Look that's all I know. I'm sorry." Webster frowned looking at Maggie.

"Now listen up!" Malarkey started, "I got some bad news. There is a patrol set for tonight and so far Speirs wants McClung." Heffron and McClung cut him off.

"Yeah, we just fucking heard." Heffron rolled his eyes.

"We know," McClung looked at him.

"Webster here told us," I nodded to him. Malarkey picked up a phone as it started to ring. I sighed and sat on the bunk with Maggie.

"How're you feeling sweetheart," I kissed her cheek and gave her my canteen.

"I'm fine right now Joe," she sighed and took a drink. She places her hand on her stomach and I held her other.

"The PX rations just came in," Malarkey said as he set the phone down. "Including Winter shoe pacs."

"Good of 'em now we're in a nice warm house," I sighed.

"Also we got showers," he smiled. There was a loud explosion.

"All right let's move! Clear it out move move!" Malarkey yelled at us.
I grabbed Maggie helping her up as we all ran for shelter.

"Stay low stay low!" I shouted as we ran downstairs. A bunch of the other company guys started laughing.
I rolled my eyes and Maggie let out a loud sigh.

"Alright, showers let's go," Malarkey commanded. I stood up and helped Maggie and kicked one of the guys in the leg.

"You think that's funny? Maggie's pregnant over here." I yelled at him and helped her back up the stairs so we could shower.

We walked out and there was a gunshot.
"Someone got hit!" Some guy yelled and we went over.

"Who is it? I'm a medic can I help?" Maggie asked.

"Bill Kiehn." Someone answered. We turned the corner and there he laid dead. Maggie turned her head into my shoulder to look away. I sighed and rubbed her back.

"I just left him. I was on my way back." Eugene knelt by him.

"Come on showers guys," Nix sighed. I put my arm around Maggie as we walked to the shower house.

We waited in the line, "Second platoon come here." We all gathered around malarkey.
"CO wants grant, Liebgott," I put my arm around Maggie and kissed her head.
"Wynn, Jackson, Shifty from the third platoon, and Webster."

"They want anyone from first?" I asked. Malarkey shook his head. "Anyone they don't want from the second?"

"Jesus Christ," someone whispered under their breath. I turned to yell at whoever.

"Joe stop," she pulled me to look at her.

"That list sounds like everybody to me," Malarkey walked away.

"It's always the second platoon, I swear to god if we were down to three guys they'd still want us for it." I huffed and Maggie and I started to walk towards the shower house.

"Can't believe they're gonna make malarkey lead it." Heffron sighed.

"Come on," I nodded to Maggie. We both started stripping.

"Protch do you want any privacy?" Nix asked.

"No sir, at this point I don't care." She shook her head. I helped her get her pants and boots off as she couldn't bend over. We entered the house and found a shower head to share.
It felt so nice to get clean, "Joe I need you to stay safe on this mission." She looked at me touching my chest.

"I'm going to Mags, I can't miss our little ones arrival and I want to be there with you." I kissed her cheek. I glanced over and Malarkey looked so defeated. Besides me and Margaret he had lost all his friends.
Maggie frowned and looked back over at me.

"It'll be done before we know it," she sighed as she ran her hands through her dark brown hair that was now soaked.

I got Maggie situated in a bunk so she could sleep. I couldn't even imagine how her body was feeling. I walked into another room and smiled at the rations on the table.

"Woah Hershey bars!" I smiled big pushing past the guys.

"Jesus Christ Lieb," Luz rolled his eyes.

"Who are they for?" I asked leaning on the table.

"Not you Lieb," Luz yelled at me.

"Oh come on! George one bar! My girls pregnant." I bargained with him.

"No! There's not enough to go around!" He yelled back at me.

"Come on give the kid a Hershey bar for his girl at least." Heffron laughed. Then George tossed frank who got shot in the ass a Hershey bar. He was back from recovery.

"Hey, he gets a Hershey bar? George what about Maggie? She's your best friend." I bargained with Luz.

"Well, he got shot in the ass," Luz crossed his arms, "Okay fine but give it to Maggie."

"Welcome back Frank," I smiled.

"How's Mags?" He asked.

"She's ready to pop any second." I smiled pocketing the candy. George handed Web some artillery to run out for the patrol.

"Give me a bar Luz, you know pregnant women they don't share." I rolled my eyes arguing with him.

"Quit it, Lieb," he slapped my hand. I walked into the bunk room and sat at the end of the bed where Maggie was sleeping. I sighed and rubbed my eyes lighting a cigarette.
Spiers called us into a room. I sighed getting up and walking to the room. I took a seat on a chair and kicked my feet up.

"You gotta be kidding, lieutenant Jones can't be leading us." Grant sighed.

"No way not on his first day," I shook my head putting my cigarette out.

"We'll do you see any other officer volunteering?" Webster sighed.

"So who's in charge of this bullshit?" I asked them.

"He ain't," grant looked at Jones.

"Well if he ain't it's you chuck." Heffron sighed, "Or shifty or Mo."

"Well that'd be better," I looked at them.

"10 huh!" Jones called.

"Jesus," I rolled my eyes getting up, as soon as Spiers came in I sat down.

"Gentlemen," Spiers called.

"Sir," we spoke in unison.

"As you can see we've assembled 15 of you here for this prisoner snatch tonight at 0100." Spiers finished.

"Just a couple of points secured four rubber boats to get you across the river. Lieutenant Jones here is the ranking officer." He motioned to the young boy.
"And he'll be along as an observer. Sergeant Martin here will lead the patrol. In sergeant Malarkey's place. The whole battalion will be covering your withdrawal. We've identified targets. We've planned fire for em'." He kept going on and on. I rolled my eyes and lit another cigarette.

"Picked your team?" Spiers looked at Martin.

"McClung, Sisk, Cobb, Garcia, and Webster as a translator." I rolled my eyes his German was as good as mine I didn't need to go, "The rest of you guys a base of fire with Sergeant Grant." They then tossed out the whistles.

"You speak German right, Webster?" Martin asked.

"Yeah a little bit," he shrugged.

"Good. That's my team, sir." He looked at Spier. They left and I rolled my eyes.

"A little German?" I spoke up, "His Germans as good as mine." I just wanted to be here with Maggie. I just had a feeling tonight would be the night.
They then marched us outside too, "Can you believe this, Webster tries to get out of everything." I rolled my eyes.
Webster started talking commands. We walked towards him and I heard my name.

"Uh sir, Liebgott and I, we both speak German," Webster spoke up.

"Yeah?" Martin looked at us.

"You said 15 men and there's 16 of us including two translators. Plus I think he would like to stay with Protch sir."

"Well fine, hey Liebgott! You wanna sit this one out?" Martin asked.

"Yes sir!" I chuckled and shot a look at Web smirking.

"Joe, Maggie just went into labor." Eugene came out of the house.

"What? I'm coming!" I ran in after throwing my helmet off. They'd carried her to the basement where she was on the bed, she had tears in her eyes. It finally was the time. Our baby was coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 113 21
the title said it all... it's all X-READER 😊 I try to give everyone the same amount of stories but it's hard since I have some faves myself... hope...
229K 3.9K 37
I need an easy friend {completed}
25.7K 677 21
❝ pretty woman, i couldn't help but see pretty woman, you look lovely as can be ❞ stan uris | it 2017 ©...
296K 4.9K 44
《~cast and characters imagines/ships 《~no personal imagines, only reader inserts. 《~i try to be gender neuteral unless i say otherwise (they/them pro...