✓ forgotten² || yang jungwon

yang_jungwon द्वारा

"They were right. Love is the most dangerous thing in the world." A book full of lies, frustration and 𝙧𝙖𝙞... अधिक

prologue
001: missing
002: dream
003: unexpected
004: bandaid
005: stay
006: caught
008: fascinating
009: others
010: jealousy
011: stargazing
012: wistful
013: opposite
014: visitor
015: insightful
016: contented
017: insouciance
018: intruder
019: promises
020: surgery
021: home
022: harmony
023: sufficient
024: shambles
025: ineffable
026: date
027: divulge
028: adour
029: the ✎
030: secret
031: of
032: happiness
033: lies
034: in
035: friendship
epilogue

007: support

11.2K 1K 2.4K
yang_jungwon द्वारा

(a/n: i just saw someone reading my story in light mode and i can't stop crying🤣 how y'all reading my story in that UGLY WHITE MODE I WON'T TOLERATE THIS ???? to the mentioned person change it right now idc and everyone with dark mode i love you)
___________________

"What? What do you mean you got caught?"

"The hospital knows about the broken window." Jungwon added, "And they know that I was the one who broke it."

Eunji blinked a few times, still not understanding what he was trying to tell her, "What are the good news about this?!"

Jungwon tilted his head, "Is that important? I'm finally here..aren't you going to greet me?"

Eunji was still stunned and shook her head, "Jungwon, are you drunk?"

"No, just a bit dazed." He nodded and looked to the hospital door, before turning to her again, "Why?"

(a/n: y'all see what i did there? wow i'm so smart omg)

"Are you even listening to yourself?" Eunji's eyes were still wide open, ignoring his remarks "You got caught damaging a literal building. Aren't you gonna get a penalty?"

"Yes, of course I need to compensate for the broken window." The boy nodded, "That's the reason why i'm here in the first place."

Eunji's expression dropped, "So you are telling me that you were told to visit me as compensation?"

Jungwon's cheerful smile turned into confusion, before he shook his head, "No, No, No, of course not."

"Then why?" Eunji's mood dropped just as low as her expression, as she crossed her arms and leaned back.
Yes, she was being petty.
And yes she did hold a grudge.
But she really didn't understand why he couldn't at least give her a sign that he was alright, so she didn't need to worry to death, "You didn't visit me for so long and now you show up as if nothing happened."

Jungwon stayed quiet, still smiling as he looked down. Little did she know he was just as sad about not being able to see the girl as she was. The past days were hell for him.

"I was all confident, when I told the doctor that I won't avoid you and here you are being the one avoiding me." She continued to refuse to look at him.

"Did you miss me?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I will leave then." Jungwon stood up, when Eunji turned around to him with big eyes., making him chuckle at her reaction.

He tried his hardest not to smile, as he let out a giggle, "What's with the look? Do you want me to stay?"

"It's not funny. Stop laughing."

"No~ you are too cute." Just when he was about to pat her head, he stopped midway action, before pulling back his hand awkwardly, "I promise I will make up for it."

"How?"

"Well, you didn't ask me why I'm here right?" He stood up, making her glance at him curiously.

"Did you break a window again?" She looked at him in disbelief, making him shake his head.

"What are you taking me for? Of course not. I was told to do something." He cooed and suddenly inched closer to her, making Eunji back up slightly, "Promise me to not get startled."

"Startled-?"
And the next moment he had already put both his arms underneath the girl, making her let out an audible gasp.
There wasn't enough time for her to understand what was going on and before she knew it, he had already picked her up, adjusting his hand, so it would be comfortable for her to be in his arms.

"Put me down, Jungwon. I swear, I will bite your arm." The girl shakily exclaimed, her arms she had around the boy's neck even tightening,"Y-You should've warned me-"

"You would have protested if I warned you beforehand." Jungwon chuckled again and started to head towards the hospital door.

"Of course I would have protested." She glared and tried to get down, when his grip around her tightened, "Okay enough with the fun, now let me down."

"Stop moving or else I will drop you." He ignored her protesting remarks and pulled her even closer to him, making Eunji's eyes widen, "I told you I was going to pick you up, didn't I? I never give out empty promises."

"But everybody is glancing at us." Eunji exclaimed, as her blush deepened, "I can't believe nobody is helping me while I'm being kidnapped."

"Stop being dramatic." Jungwon laughed again and adjusted his grip around the girl's figure, "I'm not kidnapping you."

"We will see about that." She huffed a breath and tried to ignore the nurses who were smiling at the two in amusement.

The boy didn't answer and just quietly smiled to himself, continuing to walk steadily towards the stairs.
Eunji on the other hand gulped upon seeing the staircases, as she looked at Jungwon, feeling how her nervousness was taking over her.
The probability of being dropped was a lot higher when walking up stairs.

And she wasn't ready to injure herself again, meaning that she would have to stay longer at this damned hospital.

"Relax already~ I would never let you fall Eunji." He spoke softly, as if he could read her mind. But it was not helping with her nervousness at all, "Unless you fall for me. Then i'll make an exception."

"Shut up..? You always say stuff like this so casually.." Eunji knew herself, that the blood rushing up her cheeks was already too obvious for him to not notice, as she covered her face, "Where are we even going?" She quickly changed the topic.

"You will see. Just be patient." He spoke as he looked down to her, chuckling to see Eunji covering her face, "Did you eat breakfast already? I visited a small restaurant before coming here." He continued, making her expression drop slightly, "We should go there sometime."

Eunji cleared her throat, feeling awkward all off a sudden.
She in fact really didn't eat anything and she was lucky that he didn't notice the untouched meal next to her hospital bed.
"I ate a lot already."

"That's great. You need to eat well~" Jungwon's soft voice, made her look to the side, feeling a bit guilty.

And after a few more complains from Eunji's side, they finally arrived at the rooftop of the hospital, making her breath out in relief, the moment Jungwon put her down again.

"Why are we here again?" She looked at the view, not being able to look into Jungwon's eyes after being carried by him.

"Let us just enjoy the scenery for a moment." Jungwon suddenly grabbed her hand, "Is it alright for you if we stay here or is it too high up?"

Eunji looked at him in surprise. He remembered her being afraid of heights?
"I'm okay...as long you are here."

"Alright then." Jungwon gently smiled back and sat down on the ground, making her follow his actions.

"The doctor told me to take care of you and help you get used to walking and do other things again." The boy laid down on the cold floor completely, closing his eyes, "To compensate for the broken window."

There was a silence, where Eunji blinked in surprise and huffed a breath, before turning away from him.

"Ah, I see." Eunji answered dryly.
So this was because of the doctor? She was a lot more disappointed than she wanted to be.

"I was kinda surprised that he let me see you even after originally telling you to stay away from me." He continued and suddenly grabbed the girl's arm, making her lay down next to him gently as well, "I really dislike that old man, but because of him I get to spent more time with you, so I'm not complaining."

Eunji didn't answer and looked at the clouds above the two in silence.

"Your crutches should have arrived by now as well. I will help you learn how to walk with them."

The girl didn't even dare to look at him and continued to look everywhere except for his direction.

"I'm your caretaker now." Jungwon took her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers, making her flinch slightly,
"I officially have an excuse to stay by your side and protect you."

Every word that was leaving his mouth was flustering her, even though she didn't want to admit it. Her goal of seeming unbothered wasn't working well.

Clearing her throat, she turned around to him with a serious expression.

"Jungwon, do you pity me?" She suddenly asked, making him look at her in surprise, "All of the things you are doing for me right now...It's not because you pity me, right?"

She had been thinking about this all day, especially during the time when he didn't come to visit her. It was when she had enough time to throughly overthink things.

Jungwon on the other hand stayed quiet for a bit, as he turned to look at her.
His gaze was indefinable, making her even more anxious for his answer.

"No, it's not. Of course not." A weak smile played his lips, "You didn't know? I thought I was being all obvious but I guess not..

Eunji looked at him confused, tilting her head. The boy looked into her eyes intensely.

"It's because I like you."

:¨·.·¨:
'·. please vote and comment if you enjoyed reading this chapter<3 °*゚

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

19.9K 517 25
All those years ago, those dreadful long years, during a certain detectives time in the rangers, he was accompanied by mouse and another teammate. T...
12.5K 257 19
𝗒𝖺𝗇𝗀 𝖻𝖾𝗈𝗆𝗃𝖺𝖾, 𝖺𝗇 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇 𝗒𝖾𝖺𝗋 𝗈𝗅𝖽 𝗆𝖾𝗆𝖻𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝗥𝗜𝗜𝗭𝗘
9.7K 581 10
a kim sunoo short story in honour of his birthday ; ⌗ kim sunoo, the lonely cold neighbour, meets the bubbly social butterfly, choi hyewon who moved...
267K 13.9K 39
It all started when Eunjoo steals a kiss from a handsome stranger in the mall. It got viral and soon he confronted her in the payment of pretending t...