Destiny of Fire: The Normalit...

נכתב על ידי Rangerlil

"I felt so caged again, as if I had wings but I wasn't allowed to fly, a voice but I wasn't allowed to speak... עוד

Prologue
PART 1 - THE NORMALITY
Chapter 1: Maralyn Waters
Chapter 2: Lynn Paraskeve
Chapter 4: Indigo Patton
Important Announcement
Chapter 5: Maralyn Waters
Chapter 6: Maralyn Waters
Chapter 7: Alisha Quill
Chapter 8: Alisha Quill
Chapter 9: Lynn Paraskeve
Chapter 10: Lynn Paraskeve
Chapter 11: Almaroz
Chapter 12: Indigo Patton
Chapter 13: Indigo Patton
Chapter 14: Indigo Patton
Chapter 15: Almaroz
Chapter 16: Almaroz
Chapter 17: Maralyn Waters
Chapter 18: Maralyn Waters
Chapter 19: Abigale Newton
Chapter 20: Abigale Newton
Chapter 21: Almaroz
Chapter 22: Almaroz
Chapter 23: Almaroz
Chapter 24: Maralyn Waters
Chapter 25: Maralyn Waters
Chapter 26: Maralyn Waters
Chapter 27: Abigale Newton
Chapter 28: Abigale Newton
Chapter 29: Alisha Quill
Chapter 30: Alisha Quill
Destiny of Fire: Ever Growing Teaser

Chapter 3: Indigo Patton

21 3 7
נכתב על ידי Rangerlil

Adrogale, Iucan
February 23, 1004

WARNING (IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE):
This chapter is all about a hit-man's life. There is violence and death in this chapter, and it's also incredibly dark. I do not support homicide or homicidal actions, or in other words I do not support the murder of innocent people. This person does this for a living and the only reason for this is so that the character has a messed up backstory. Thank you, and sorry for such a dark chapter waiting ahead.

-~•~-

I wiped the blood of my sword and put it in its sheath after killing another victim.

I reached into a pouch on my belt to find a wrinkled note that I had made not long ago — a list of people that were better off dead. All of the names on the list were dead men walking, as you could call them. They were dead men walking because they couldn't escape their fate, and they couldn't escape me. I crossed the first name off the list, Gerald Herania. I smiled as I remembered holding my blade up to his throat and how he begged for mercy.

I was a hitman, people paid me to kill people, and currently, business is booming.

Now, I had to kill Sarah Underwood, Mark Scotch, and Daryll Hop. But that would wait until later dates. I had a plan, a well-thought out plan if you asked me. Sarah Underwood would be dead on February 29. Mark Scotch will be dead on March 1. Daryll Hop would be dead on March 3. I had to space out my killings so that it seemed less like a murder spree and more like accidental things, such as burning the house down by putting too much fire in the furnace or a suicide or some other assassin. Also, I need a break at points, being a hit man is freaking hard, you never get a break.

In the night I could blend in, so one could really see me that well. But, I carried a lantern around with me, and if you looked at the exact right time, you would see a face almost identical to someone who people loved to talk about whose name was John Paraskeve.

It turns out this Paraskeve man, around seventeen years ago, had made history in challenging the King to a duel and failing. The funny thing was that the King was the one who should've failed for the King deserved to die, he ate at lavish feasts while others couldn't and he grew fat on his selfishness.

I heard stories of such feasts where everyone would end up being drunk. The King would have had a whole ten or so bottles of beer that he finished himself, and the Queen would be annoyed and exasperated of him, as she drank one too many glasses of wine. Even the city guards somehow managed to get drunk by the end of it, maybe they snuck a glass or something once the King fell asleep, no one really knew.

They feasted on turkey, chicken, ham, steak, mutton, any meat that one could wish for. They feasted on salad, vegetables, and fruits too for anyone vegetarian. It caused quite the ruckus among rebels, why should they let this pig grow fat on food while the civilians starved to death on the streets? The man who had challenged the King, John William Paraskeve, was one of these rebels. His defeat hushed the rest of the lot, and no one dared tease the King again.

There were almost no differences between what John William Paraskeve probably currently looks like and me. We both had that thin black mustache, neatly combed and greasy jet black hair. The only thing that could be easily described as a difference is that my eyes weren't amber like Paraskeve's. They were extraordinary, beyond special. I had grey eyes, which was quite the oddity, but then again, what about me was not an oddity?

I wore a long dark grey sweater duster that laid behind my back, flowing in the night breeze. I had a midnight black hat that you could barely see in the nighttime, but it was there, and it made me look quite ominous and as if I was going to get into trouble, I looked dodgy and mischievous. I also had a small dark brown kerchief tied around my neck.

I had a black shirt on underneath and dark black pants that had a brown leather sheath on the side of a black belt. On my belt, there were several little pouches of things, most of them being old crumpled notes, notes that had names crossed out on them and then an amount of coin. Those were sheets of business. The current one that I was using had a list of ten names on it, none of them but the first name crossed out.

I sighed as I stared at the next name; Sarah Underwood; age forty.

Now, to do the research on Sarah Underwood was actually the hard part, people who had done something in their past that assassins may be after them for always either had guards or they were in hiding. But Sarah Underwood, as far as I knew, loved to be alone with animals and nature, and since she was my client's old girlfriend, my client could tell me all about her.

Now, if someone loves animals, there may be a pet dog, or a pet cat. If it was a pet cat then there was no need to worry, a cat was easy to take care of. It was the dogs that frightened me. I had a really strange phobia of dogs, and so this person, whose name was Sarah Underwood, the person who may have a dog, was scary to me. Oh well, it's why I accepted the mission, I wanted to challenge myself.

Also, if one wanted peace, they wouldn't live in a bustling town. Because of this, it was easy for me to suspect that Sarah Underwood lives somewhere secluded, maybe in a cabin in the woods or on a beach house?

Then there was the final clue, that Miss Underwood had always talked about how cute log cabins looked, specifically log cabins in Harmony Woods.

Boom! Sarah Underwood most likely lived in a log cabin in Harmony Woods with a pet. If she wanted it peaceful, then she would have no other guards then the cute furry animal she chose to keep. My, was this easy to figure out, but how fun it was to know! It was like a little secret shared unknowingly between the victim and the assassin.

So, on the night of February 29, I set out to put an end to Sarah Underwood, the person who had left the wrong man, the wrong man being my client. I did people's dirty work, so Sarah would never know who I was, and she would never suspect it. Now, I just needed a disguise. Ah, I had a perfect idea!

It just took an hour in Harmony Woods collecting flowers, then I could pretend to be a flower seller.

I walked up to the first cabin I saw in the woods, and knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" A feminine voice asked back.

"Are you Sarah? I'm Aden, the flower seller!" I called back, pretending to be jolly and humble, with a slight bit of a strange accent. I loved to pretend I was something I was not, I loved to make secret identities.

"Ah, do come in, and yes, I am Sarah! I have been expecting a different flower seller, my boyfriend, to be exact, but do, come in!" The feminine voice replied again. Oh, darn it. Of course, the new boyfriend was also a flower seller, I should've expected this.

"Alrighty! I have tulips, lilies, daisies, dandelions," I began, until she opened the door and I took in Sarah Underwood's fancy look. I continued, "roses, violets, anything that a little lady like you could ever want." I said, smiling. I tried to seem as friendly as possible as I readied my silver dagger behind my back.

Sarah was in a fancy baby blue silk dress, a dark blue ribbon tied around her waist tightly. The dress fell down to right above her shoeless feet, and she had pretty dark brown hair. Calm brown eyes rested on my face, and her thin lips formed a little smile. She was quite beautiful, I had to admit.

"Do you have any bluebells?" Sarah asked, then her eyes focused on a figure nearby me. "Erik, come in!"

I turned around to see a person carrying bluebells in his hands. This must be the poor boyfriend. I just sighed, so who cared if two people died tonight?

"Do come in, you can stay for dinner! We don't mind a guest! What are you waiting for?" Sarah said again, this time to me.

I entered what I would call gracefully, and Erik followed me in. That's when I saw the guard dog that I expected they'd have, staring up at me with those beady black eyes. It was a golden retriever, a little blonde pup. "Shoot," I grumbled quietly do they wouldn't hear. I hated dogs so much.

Sarah then walked out of that room saying, "we just cooked some chicken, would you like to try some?"

"Sure," I replied, and I suddenly and swiftly stabbed my dagger into her boyfriend's back, and then the dog started barking. The boyfriend stared at me with shocked eyes before falling to the ground with a large bang. Luckily, the dog's barking covered for the loud and sudden noise.

"Sorry 'bout him, he's a barker!" Sarah laughed from what I could only guess was the kitchen.

"You can say that again," I yelled back, giving the dog a death glare. When the pup didn't stop barking, I silenced him as well, then took my daggers out of the dog (who had now stopped barking and whined for a second before falling to the ground also) and the boyfriend, Erik. Then I heard footsteps coming towards me, until they stopped. The next thing to come was shattering plates.

"Oh, oh great Gods... Erik... Pine... oh, great gods." Sarah cried and tears started falling quickly down her face as she stared at the scene. "Screw you! Darn you little brat!" She started screaming at me.

"Darn you!" I yelled back, throwing the bloody daggers into her skull, blood raining out like fireworks after a celebration in the town of Adrogale.

Then Sarah Underwood fell onto the floor dramatically, and she was dead.

I started to hum along to a tune I just couldn't get out of my head, and put my dagger back into its sheathe, not minding much for the bloodstains that it would leave in the leather.

Then I took the list out of my pocket, and crossed off the second name; Sarah Underwood. Next I stuffed the list back into my pocket and then happily walked out of the house, throwing the flowers into the air behind me as I went, keeping a serious face.

Once I was out of the house, the smell of death came to my nostrils. "Hello there, my old friend." I said aloud. I had met Death many times in my life before as he came to claim the lives that I had taken.

I smiled now and asked no one in particular, "so who's next?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE:
Hey folks! I hope you liked this chapter. I tried to keep it shorter than most so that the mobile read-on-the-go Wattpad users could read the chapter more easily, and I divided this chapter into two chapters, so expect the next chapter to be more about murder and Indigo Patton.

Anyways, I hope that y'all have a great day, and I'll see you in the next chapter, byeeeeee!

(1999 words)

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

1.1K 79 30
There was a princess Living carefree She wanted the world she wanted everything Diamonds and pearls Emeralds and gold She bathed in the riches only s...
49.6K 2.7K 29
Once upon a time, there lived a poor little girl in the dirty streets of the human world. With her parents gone and her having to survive alone, she...
73 1 27
I see a blinding light just ahead. I feel it calling to me. Using all my strength I yank myself a few more inches. I yank my body towards the light...
281 96 39
***This book has been stolen by a predatory site without my consent, including the cover I made, this blurb, and all chapter contents within. I will...