Finally Together (Lee Jordan)

ellerosie2332 tarafından

DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is livin... Daha Fazla

Before I Begin
Introduction | 1994-1999
2 | July 1999
3 | August 1999
4 | September 1999
5 | October 1999

1 | May 1999

32 2 0
ellerosie2332 tarafından

Evie's Pov:

The end of the school year was approaching quickly. I went back to Hogwarts after the war ended to take on the position of History of Magic teacher. My younger sister Ginny was at school still and Ron would be coming back to finish his final exams. I was helping Ron and Ginny study in their spare time even though neither of them took my subject.

After my first year of teaching, the Headmistress Professor McGonagall wants me to take over and be head of Gryffindor House. It is a position I am nervous to take because of how well McGonagall always handled it. However, I am pretty excited for the promotion.

My boyfriend Nathan doesn't agree with my opinion. He didn't like the idea of me being working for longer instead of being at home. I live with Nathan, but I am only home at the weekends as I stay in my own chamber at Hogwarts during the week. When I become head of Gryffindor I will have to be in the castle on weekends. Only going home at night.

My Mum on the other hand was really proud of my job. So was the rest of my family. I saw them all frequently with them and their other halves. Nathan often came to family dinners, but he made it obvious that he didn't like my family. He has only ever shown an interest in me. Bill and Charlie really disliked him. They refused to speak to him at gatherings and would try and pull me away any chance they got. Percy would watch from a distance. He had gotten more protective over all of us since he apologised about his mistake of choosing the Ministry. Percy often would make small comments to me about Nathan but over all just watched on. Secretly making notes. Fred and George were the opposite of Percy. They had gotten into many arguments with Nathan which almost always resulted in Nathan apparating us both home. We would argue and he would try and convince me to stop talking to my brothers. I always refused this and told him to let me go on my own if he didn't like them, but he wasn't happy with that. He always insists on coming with me.

Ron and Ginny always wanted me to leave Nathan and begged me to stay at Hogwarts with them. I wanted to leave him. I wasn't happy with Nathan anymore, but I still loved him. He was my first boyfriend and I believed that he would be the only one who could ever love me. I keep telling myself that he is only acting this way because he cares about me.

That he only tells me what to eat because he cares about me and wants me to be healthy. He only tells me who I can and cannot talk to because he doesn't want anyone to hurt me. That he doesn't agree with my job because he doesn't want me to over work myself.

Of course, deep down I know none of this is true. I know that he tells me what to eat is, so I don't get 'fat'. That he doesn't want me talking to my friends and family because he wants to know where I am and what I say all the time. He doesn't agree with my job because I don't work for him. He can't control me when I am at work.

I know all this but there is a voice in my mind telling me to stay. At least when I am with him I have a roof over my head, 'love' and someone who 'cares for me. At least when I stay with him I am not on my own. A fear that has always been in the back of my mind.

It is now the weekend which means I am at home with Nathan. I was tired and stressed out as I was marking all the student homework ready for their OWLs, NEWTs and end of year exams. I was really anxious about getting it right as I wanted all the kids to succeed. Professor Binns who was the previous teacher was a literal ghost so no wonder there was a low pass rate in the class. I always enjoyed History of Magic and I knew that I would like to work at Hogwarts so when Professor McGonagall offered me the job I was so excited.

I was sitting on the couch in mine and Nathan's flat late on a Friday night. I knew that he had been out with a few friends including Brandon Fritz. Brandon was in our year at school and in Slytherin with Nathan. I never liked Brandon. He would always make a comment about my family being 'blood traitors' and about how lucky I was to have a guy like Nathan love me. Every time Nathan came back from drinking with Brandon there was a fight. Screaming matches between him and me. I should have known that tonight would be no different.

It was around 10:30pm when Nathan got home, and I could tell by the way he was walking that he was drunk out of his mind. I internally sighed as I prepared for the inevitable argument. Nathan stood in front of me as I had all the students parchment laid out. Next thing I knew all the papers went flying across the room and Nathan slammed his hands on the table. I slowly looked up at him slightly nervous as to what would happen.

"Are you completely useless Evie?" he growled. I didn't say anything. I wasn't too sure what he meant. He called me useless for many things before, so I wasn't sure what he was referring to.

"I said are you completely useless? Answer me Evangeline!" he shouted.

"W-what do you m-mean?" I stuttered back.

"I asked you to make sure I had food ready for when I got back, and I find you sitting here with these fucking papers instead of preparing food. That's what I mean Evangeline." He glared at me as he said that. I don't recall him asking me for food to be ready but knowing him, he probably didn't ask.

"I can m-make you something n-now i-if you like Nathan?" I asked, still stuttering.

"No, it's too late now it wont be ready in time. And stop stuttering you are so pathetic. Just like the rest of your family, completely stupid." He replied the anger prominent in his voice. I didn't reply to that. I knew better than to answer him back, but I couldn't stop the tears threatening to spill.

"What are you going to cry now?" he yelled getting in my face. I flinched a little bit but didn't say anything.

"I'm going to bed." I said quietly getting up. I was about to enter our shared bedroom when I heard.

"Yeah walk away. You know I am right"

As I went in to the bedroom I silently cried. I packed a small overnight bag and prepared it for tomorrow. I decided I was going to spend to weekend at the Burrow. Charlie is home at the minute, and I think Percy is visiting Mum and Dad tomorrow. I need their advice.

***

In the morning when I woke up I noticed I was in bed on my own. I assumed it was because Nathan had passed out last night on the sofa. I was proven right when I walked through to the living room he was lying there. I quickly went back to the bedroom and got dressed. I left a note on the bed saying that I would be back Sunday night. I quickly grabbed my bag and apparated to the Burrow.

When I got there, I took a deep breath. I knew that I would have to explain to Mum and Dad why I was there. Charlie and Percy will probably want to know as well. After I prepared myself I walked towards the house. Nathan reckons that the house looks like it is falling to pieces but to me it looks like home. The only thing inside the building is love.

I walked straight in and saw my Mum in the kitchen and Charlie sitting on the sofa.

"Evie!" Charlie yelled in surprise. He leapt off of the sofa and ran over to me. He picked me up in a big hug as Mum came through.

"Evie dear, what are you doing here aren't you meant to be at home?" she asked. I could tell that deep down she was happy I was here. I smiled at her over Charlie's shoulder. When Charlie let me go Mum pulled me into a hug.

"You gonna explain why you are here then or are we guessing?" Charlie questioned. I sat down on the sofa and sighed. Mum and Charlie sat either side of me.

"Me and Nathan got into a fight. He came home drunk again and yelling about how I didn't prepare him food. I was marking some of the students papers from work and didn't have time to make him anything. Eventually I just went to bed and left before he woke up. He was on the couch, so I assume he crashed there rather than coming to bed."

Mum sighed and rubbed my arms. "Does he know that you are here?" she asked me.

"No, I don't think so. I just left a note saying I would be back tomorrow night. That's if it is okay I stay here. I can always ask the twins." I told her.

"Of course, it is alright you stay here. I was going to owl you later today anyway. I was hoping we could all have dinner here tomorrow. Minus Ron and Ginny of course." I smiled at her idea. It would be nice to see everyone again. I haven't seen Bill and Fleur in a while if I am being truthful.

A few hours passed of me talking to Charlie. I jumped a bit when I heard the front door and panic filled my eyes. Charlie noticed this and grabbed my hand to comfort me. When I turned around I saw that it was only Percy. I smiled at him and went to give him a hug.

After the war ended and Fred nearly died, Percy had been making a big effort with all the family. He felt guilty that he chose the Ministry over us and when he finally came to his senses he nearly had to watch his little brother die.

Charlie told me to explain to Percy what I had told to him and Mum. He wanted me to tell him in hopes that maybe Percy would convince me to leave Nathan. Charlie was right. Percy did try and convince me to leave Nathan. In fact, he told me that I was welcome to live with him if need be. He also said that he would help me move my stuff out. I wanted to listen to him but a part of me loved Nathan still.

I know that part of me is irrational and that I really should leave him. That our arguments are intense, and he often makes me feel worthless. But when we don't argue he is so kind and loving. It's like I am dating two people sometimes. It's the kind Nathan that I want to be with. I feel so torn about it because I know that he isn't good for me.

"Evie, at least consider moving in with me or Fred and George. You really can't stay with him. I know you love him, but the real question is does he love you?" Percy told me.

"He says he loves me and most of the time he can be really sweet. It's just he gets angry easily and says things that he doesn't necessarily mean." I know that I was making excuses for him.

"Just please think about it Evie. Just because he says he loves you does he really mean it?" Percy left it at that. I sat back on the sofa and hugged Charlie, thinking about what Percy had just said.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

11.4K 293 30
"I hate your lips, I hate your voice, I hate the way you walk, I hate the way you say my name, I hate your beautiful face, I hate your pretty freckle...
3.6K 198 80
"even though we never said it to each other we knew." »»- -«« In this story, We see the point of view of a Weasley Girl, her name is Alice Abigail We...
520K 14.6K 52
*WARNING! This book contains mature themes such as drinking, drug use, explicit language, mentions of suicide, sexual content, abuse, and more. Pleas...
52.4K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...