Of Story Books and Fairy Tale...

Od WonderKerbs

"Yet, they forget that without the darkness the light cannot shine. And without the light, the darkness has n... Více

Of Story Books and Fairy Tales
Note
I
II
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX

III

37 1 0
Od WonderKerbs

When Olivia had awoken, she had never felt so comfortable. She felt as if she was lying on a cloud. Her eyes felt heavy as she moved her head from side to side, attempting to wash away the tiredness. Her first thought before opening her eyes was that she was back home in Wexford, only a bed this comfy could almost remind her of her home. And yet, she thought that this bed was even comfier. 

When she managed to open her eyes, Olivia did not expect to see delicate carvings in the ceiling. Her eyebrows furrowed together and she tried to prop herself up on her elbows. She was in a room, a fancy one at that. She had never seen a place so exquisite. The room's colours were red amongst other warm colours. The sun shone in through a large window to her left, the curtains were drawn back. As she stared out at the blue sky from her bed, Olivia tried to remind herself of what had happened before she was unconscious. The sound of seagulls and waves caught her ears.

"The ocean..." she mumbled as the door in the far right corner opened suddenly, taking her attention away from the window. 

Who Olivia saw was probably one of the most beautiful woman she'd ever seen. She was tall and pale, her skin almost porcelain, her hair was like a dark shadow of waves and her eyes reminded Olivia of crystal ice shards in the cool winter. The woman smiled at her with red lips. Atop her head was a headband that looked like a crown of daffodils.

"I'm glad to see you have awoken." Her voice was strong, holding authority and slightly intimidating Olivia. With a gulp, the girl in bed nodded and tried to smile but it was very faint. Behind the woman stood two other women, seemingly maids by the looks of their uniforms. 

"Are you feeling alright? Well-rested?" The woman asked as she approached the bed. Olivia once again nodded but felt herself to be rude for not talking.

"Yes, thank you." Her voice came out raspy. The woman smiled.

"Well then, we best get you ready for the day." She gave a look to the maids and they began to the closet opposite the bed as the woman walked over to Olivia's side to help her up. "Can you walk at least?"

"Let's find out." Olivia breathed and swung her legs over the side of the bed. The woman held out her hands for her to take for support, but Olivia shook her head. If there was something Olivia didn't like, it was appearing helpless. She took in a breath and pushed herself onto her feet, only to wobble and having to grab onto the woman's hands after all. 

"Lucy informed me of what happened and we were able to fix your cuts and bruises," she explained as she helped Olivia walk to the centre of the room. It was here Olivia noticed that she had been changed from her swimwear to a light nightdress. "By the way, my name is Susan. Susan Pevensie, High Queen of Narnia."

Olivia stopped dead in her tracks as she looked up at the woman with wide eyes. "Queen?"

But she looks so young! Should I bow? Curtesy?

"Edmund and Lucy explained. You're not from this world, so it might be some time to get used to everything." Susan continued as the girl stared at her in shock. "You're safe though. We'll look after you while we figure out why you're here."

When Susan was sure Olivia could stand on her feet alone, she backed away and let the maids do their job. Olivia was still a little wobbly, but she managed just fine. The maids began to undress whilst she tried to form her multiple questions.

"What do you mean by why I'm here?" she asked as a blue gown was slipped over her head.

"People from the other side, your world, don't come here on accident. They are either summoned or are brought here through Aslan for a purpose. And if I'm not mistaken, I say your presence here has something to do with this current war we're handling."

"War? You mean against the Germans?" Olivia asked.

"No, the war against the White Witch's brother."

"Who?" Olivia asked again. White Witch? Since when did witches even exist outside of fairy tales?

"We'll explain everything after breakfast."

Olivia was seated at a mirror and soon her hair was being pulled and pinned. She swatted the maids away, making them mutter and hiss in annoyance. She turned back to Susan. 

"Can't you just tell me now?" 

"All in good time. It would be easier to tell with everyone there, instead of having to repeat this conversation."

Soon, Susan was leading her through the beautiful halls of the beautiful castle in the kingdom of Cair Paravel. The young queen had explained to Olivia where she was and that she and her siblings were also from her world. 

"So, the war is still happening?" Susan asked. 

"Yes, four years and it's still running, your majesty," Olivia said, making Susan stop suddenly. 

"First of all, no need for formalities, please. Susan is just fine. And four years?" she questioned, eyebrows scrunched.

"Yes. It started 1939 and is still going on today." 

"What year is it?"

"1942."

This made Susan ultimately confused. To her, it would have been 1939 eight years ago. She had been in Narnia for seven years. Yet, how did only three years pass in their homeworld and seven in Narnia? She made a note to talk to her siblings about it later, but for the time being she had to focus on the matters at hand regarding this girl. 

"You mentioned a war happening here as well," Olivia spoke up as they started walking again. 

"Yes. It seems to follow wherever we go." Susan deadpanned and they finally came across the dining room. Olivia could tell there was a sensitive subject in the matter to the High Queen, but she didn't want to intrude on her privacy.

The doors opened for them and the two were greeted by a large room with a long table. At the centre-head of the table was a man with golden blonde hair and warm blue eyes. He was talking to who Olivia knew to be Lucy, who sat to his left, but he looked up as the pair entered the room. He stood and nodded respectfully. Judging by his seat location and the way he was dressed, Olivia knew he held some high importance here.

"Susan, you have retrieved our guest." he smiled. 

"Of course, Peter. Would you have preferred we allow her to get lost trying to find this place?" Susan replied. Olivia could tell that Susan definitely was a queen of wit, which gave her even more of a liking to the high queen.

The young man, known as Peter, rounded the table and approached the two. He held such power around him that Olivia felt as if she should shrink away into a corner. He shot a warming smile and bowed his head as he locked eyes with the young stranger girl.

"High King Peter, the Magnificient." He held out his hand and Olivia took it, thinking it was a simple handshake, but was taken back when he suddenly placed a kiss on her knuckles.

"Could've left out the last part," Susan mumbled as she left Olivia's side to her seat to the right from Peter's. Peter rolled his eyes.

"I'm Olivia. It's lovely to meet you, your majesty." Olivia gave a small bow, feeling awkward with such behaviours.

"Likewise. Come, you must be hungry." Peter led her to the seat beside Susan. Lucy, who sat to Peter's left, smiled brightly at Olivia making the girl feel instantly calmer. She noticed the seat across from her was empty and she wasn't the only one to notice.

"Is Ed still out training?" Susan piped up as she began picking at the food on the table. 

"Since sunrise this morning." Lucy rolled her eyes, then looked to Olivia. "He's always training. Ever since this whole war began."

"About that," Olivia said, looking to each of the three. "Are you going to explain that to me? Something to do with this... Blue Witch's sister?"

"White Witch's brother." Susan corrected casually whilst taking a bite of her toast. 

"Yes, that one." 

"It might seem a bit strange; coming into a world like this one." Peter began. "We stumbled into this world seven years ago. This was the time of the White Witch's rule over Narnia, the Hundred Year Winter."

"Hundred Year Winter?" Olivia queried.

"The Witch's powers are of ice and snow," Lucy explained, feeling thankful in the back of her mind that Edmund was still out training. This was a sensitive subject to him anyways.

"You mean like the Snow Queen, the fairy tale? By Hans Christian Andersan?" 

"Much like. Except she was more of the pure definition of evil." Peter said. "When we arrived, we joined Aslan's Army and defeated her. We were crowned the Kings and Queens of Narnia here, in Cair Paravel. There had been peace for the past seven years of our rule, but recently some events have occurred."

"That would be the so-called brother?" Olivia asked once again.

"Yes. Elias, a King of Shadow and Ruin. Apparently, he is Jadis's brother. By blood or not, we don't know. All we know is that he has been gathering her remaining followers and is building an army in the North."

"And, sorry for all the questions, who is Aslan? You've mentioned him quite a bit." Not only that, but Olivia noticed the spark in each of the royals' eyes when they mentioned him.  

"He's basically the king of all Narnia. He has the power to bring people like us into this world. He's also the one who defeated the White Witch and saved Edmund -" The doors opened, cutting off Lucy. 

The atmosphere seemed to change and Olivia couldn't help but feel nervous as the intimidating dark-haired boy entered. Edmund Pevensie was sometimes known as the Cold King. Not only because of his past, but because of his demeanour. King Edmund the Just was never a man to be tested. He was given his titles to signify his bravery and honour for Narnia. Since the Battle of Beruna, he spent such a majority of his time becoming one of the strongest warriors in all of Narnia, the best swordsman more specifically. 

"Good morning, Ed." Lucy beamed as he plopped himself into the seat next to her, across from Olivia.

"Morning everyone." Was his dull reply, barely looking up as he filled his plate with eggs and such other breakfast foods. There was a moment of awkward silence before Lucy piped up with a grin.

"Olivia, would you like me to show you Cair Paravel today? I can show you the gardens and we can have tea with Mr Tummus." If there was one thing Olivia could make out about the young queen of fifteen years, it was that her bubbly personality was a breath of fresh air. Olivia smiled, feeling her awkwardness and out of placement slowly ease.

"Of course, your majesty. That sounds lovely." 

It was Peter who finished his breakfast first and excused himself politely. He looked between Lucy and Olivia. "I will leave Olivia in your hands, Lu. Introduce her to this world, but I'll come to see you later. I'll explain this war to you and maybe we all get to know each other a bit more." 

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

8.1K 371 58
[FANFICTION / ONGOING] When the once peaceful city of London is overtaken by the dangers of the Second World War, a naïve, young Rose must fi...
60.9K 2.1K 30
"There is light and dark in us all, but nobody's darkness can compare to hers." ••• Angelina Murphy was a monster. After being abandoned in the Narn...
705 19 14
Life in Narnia has seemed hopeless to all inhabitants of Narnia. One day, a young girl enters through a wardrobe, unknowingly changing the magical l...
361K 12.6K 55
Fauns dancing around fires. Griffins soaring high. Unicorns galloping across wide fields and centaurs battling giants. These are things Amelia Cromw...