The Only One- Park Jimin

By StrongBeautiful16

WARNING! This book might make you fall in love with the Bangtan boys, if you aren't already! (If you enjoy go... More

Chapter 1- First Impressions
Chapter 3- Surprise!
Chapter 4- Words
Chapter 5- Vulnerable
Chapter 6- Friends Again?
Chapter 7- Truth or Dare?
Chapter 8- Fight
Chapter 9- The Truth Always Comes Out
Chapter 10- It's Real
Chapter 11- After
Chapter 12- Soon
Chapter 13- Sports Games and Dating?
Chapter 14- Best Night Of My Life
Chapter 15- What If It's Love
Chapter 16- New Opportunities
Chapter 17- I'll Be There For You
Chapter 18- A for Effort
Chapter 19- Trip
Chapter 20- Niagara Pho Pho!
Chapter 21- Double Date (Yep, again)
Chapter 22- Anniversary
Chapter 23- Confrontation
Chapter 24- Blame
Chapter 25- Driving and Painting
Author's Note
Chapter 26- Graduation
Chapter 27- The Only One For Me

Chapter 2- Getting to know him

160 56 93
By StrongBeautiful16

(a few months later)

"Oy, Jimin!" I yell.

His head pops into view. "Yes?"

"I'm bored. Wanna go somewhere?"

He nods. "How about the beach?"

I agree to it, and we head out to the car. We barely make it five steps before I hear a voice call, "Where are you guys going?"

Kookie.

I turn around. "You want to come with us don't you?"

He nods, blushing, and smiles cutely. Jimin just laughs and shakes his head in amusement. "Fine," I say.

Jungkook grins happily, and then suddenly makes a break for the passenger's seat. "Ahhh shotgun!" I scream. I shove past him as I race him to it. Somehow I manage to leap and grab the door a split second before him, laughing. "Hahahaha," I grin evilly at him.

He sticks his tongue out at me. "Next time."

"Sure," I respond, grinning. "As of now I'm the champion!"

Jimin rolls his eyes at us. "You both are so immature," he laughs.

But a moment later he's eating his words, because once the music plays in the car, he transforms into the goofiest dancer ever.

The three of us sing like crazy people, grooving with the windows down. I think we got at least five weird looks from other people in their cars. An old man watches us the whole time we wait at a red light, but his watchfully judgmental eyes only give us more incentive to dance our hearts out.

When we arrive at the beach it's still light, but the sun is slowly inching down, beautiful streaks of color replacing it. Jungkook starts to build a sandcastle, while Jimin and I sit down on the cool sand.

"It's crazy we just met a month or two ago," he says.

I nod. "I feel like I've known you way longer."

"Me too."

We settle into a comfortable silence, watching the waves crash on the shore and recline back into the water. Eventually we start to talk again, once we've reveled long enough in the peace of nature. We talk about our childhood and our dreams and life. Jimin is the kind of person you could talk to for hours on end and never get bored. And we do. He tells me about his fears and dreams, and I tell him mine. He's also one of the most trustworthy people in the world. So it's no wonder that when we finally leave the dark beach behind and head home, I feel even closer to him than I did a few hours earlier. Jimin has that kind of effect.

We play music loud on the way back, and Jimin drops me off at my house. Jungkook grins cutely at me, and they wave goodbye.

                                                                                                  ******** 

"Let's get Yogurtland!" I yell one day, resulting in immediate positive reactions from Jin and Jungkook especially.

"Yessss, please," Jin says. "I'm so tired of homework."

I nod. Then I race up the stairs, bolting into the rest of the guy's rooms. They all agree eagerly, and then I'm left to convince Jimin.

"Oh Jiminnnn," I sing.

"Oh Hannaaa," he sings back.

"We're going to Yogurtlandddd," I try to sing back, but I end up choking on the high note. I swallow and try to look like nothing happened.

Jimin laughs. "You guys go. I'm good."

"Aww, pleasee?"

He shakes his head. "I have a lot of work to do," he explains.

I harumph. "Fineee. See you later then."

He waves and I head downstairs.

The seven of us head to Yogurtland, no one more thrilled than Jin. While many people eat to live, I think he's the opposite. He lives to eat.

He buys a huge mound of frozen yogurt, piling topping after topping. Jungkook follows suit, and then we all give in to the majesty of froyo. I debate with them about which is better, chocolate or vanilla, with Namjoon being my fierce ally. "Vanilla will never win," he tells the other guys. "I'm sorry, but it's true."

A few of them sigh, and Jungkook tries to say that both are good, but we shut that down. Sometimes, the answer is just right in front of you. Chocolate is the clear winner.

"Why didn't Jimin want to come?" I ask the guys after a while. They are super easy to talk to, from the start, but Jimin is harder to get a read on. So I feel comfortable asking them about him.

Everyone looks at Namjoon. "I think it's okay," he says. He hesitates for a second, then starts again. "Jimin, he- he has some issues with food. He often doesn't want to eat unhealthy food, because he's afraid he will gain weight."

"Oh," I say, at a loss for any other words.

"He used to get teased also," Tae adds, closing his eyes. "He's obviously not fat, but where we grew up there is a lot of focus on being really, really, thin."

"That sucks," I breathe out, my heart aching for kind, caring Jimin.

"We've all got our issues. But we're working on them too," Hobi butts in brightly, always there to find the positive.

Namjoon smiles. "That's right."

The bittersweet, deep moment is cut short when there's a loud slurp from Jin, who was scarfing the whole time. We look at him, and he inhales an M&M so fast he nearly chokes.

Yoongi slaps him on the back jovially, laughing at him. "You act like you've never seen food before."

"I have never seen food this good before," Jin corrects.

"You had ice cream last week," Namjoon adds.

Jin pauses. "Eh, well, whatever."

"You're just appreciating the beauty of food," I explain, laughing, trying to help him.

"The beauty," he murmurs in agreement, a big spoonful of frozen yogurt in his mouth.

"My grandma always said to savor each bite," Yoongi tells us.

Jin laughs and nearly chokes again. "Excuse me? Your grandma is loony then. I like to eat it so fast that I get all the flavors at once and then I'm not hungry anymore." He rolls his eyes. "Savoring food my butt."

We start to laugh. Oh the drama. Jin brings the drama.

My phone goes off, and I check it to see a text from Jimin.

I'm sorry I couldn't come today.

I was sooo busy.

Then there's a picture of him laying on a bed, (not his) still in his workout clothes, making a duck face.

Why are you doing that?

I text back immediately.

Jin hates it when I lay in his bed in dirty clothes.

He responds.

Sneaky, I text back.

Now I'm putting all of Namjoon's clothes on.

He's always talking about the show Friends,

so now I'm doing what Joey does to Chandler.

(Side note- I think I love this show too much. I can quote like everything from it) 

There's a picture of him dressed in tons of bright shirts and baggy pants, with a few shorts somehow on top of them. He looks like a gigantic man-child.

I start to snort with laughter. Aye, this Park Jimin. What a goofball!

"What is it?" Hobi asks me, peering at my phone. He spots the picture of Jimin dressed like a man about to go wrestle a polar bear and starts to laugh too.

The other guys ask to look, and I show everyone but Namjoon. "It's a surprise," I sweetly tell him.

I really hope you're wearing underwear, I text Jimin, not even sure what answer I want. It's funny either way.

Wouldn't you like to know 😏

I blush and laugh at the table. This boy.

Hobi yet again peers over my shoulder. "Wow," he says, shaking his head. "Just...wow."

"Whattttt?" I demand. "It was an innocent statement!"

He just laughs.

We finish up our yogurt and head back to their place. When we arrive, I immediately rush to find Jimin, and when I do, I die laughing. He's sweating like a maniac, but looks pleased that he managed to make it this long in so many layers of clothes. Namjoon walks through the door and sees Jimin standing there. Everyone is dying laughing. He shakes his head. "Tell me you aren't going commando."

I hide a smile behind my hand. "I asked the same thing. He won't tell me."

Jimin grins and bows.

"Wait!" I say. "You have to say Joey's iconic line."

Jimin laughs and nods eagerly. He stands up as tall as he can, puffing out his already massive chest from the layers of shirt and walks up to Namjoon. "How you doin'?"

Namjoon tries to keep a straight face, but he can't. I mean, here's this grown-ass adult, dressed in colorful clothes that add about an extra ten inches to his body's diameter, trying to flirt in Joey's iconic line. Jimin looks pretty happy once he gets his desired laughter effect, and a split second later he flings off about ten shirts, panting.

There is never a dull day with these guys. Never. 

And this is what happens when you leave Park Jimin alone for too long.

But then all I can think about is what Namjoon said. So when I have the time, I grab Jimin to talk to him privately. "Hey," I say.

"Hey?" He responds unsurely.

"Namjoon told me about why, well, why you didn't want....to come today. And why you often don't eat unhealthy foods."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Jimin sits down on the nearby couch. "Well, I guess I'm glad you know."

I don't say anything for a couple minutes, trying to form the right words. "Well," I tell him eventually, "I think that you are amazing just the way you are. I hope that you can be less hard on yourself in the meantime."

Jimin smiles at me, a small smile to say the least. "Thank you, Hanna. I'm okay now, I promise. It's not perfect, but I am working on it."

I smile back at him. "Okay. Just know that I am here for you, if you need anything."

Jimin hugs me. "I will. And you too, okay. I'm here for you too."

I blush, grinning. "Thank you Jimin." 

He's such a good person. 

Hi readers!! Sorry that my writing seems rushed lol. It's always difficult for me to start off a story and introduce the characters well, so everything is a little bit fast and rushed. Once it's past a few chapters, it will be more cohesive, I promise! Thanks for all of you that have stuck by it, and feel free to comment with anything you liked or any suggestions! :) 

(Also, do you guys enjoy the GIFs and pictures? Just wondering) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

186K 6.1K 30
Lee Hana, 18 Dear diary, I'm about to set foot and live under the same roof as the 7 BangTan brothers... What should I do?!? Lee Hana, your typical...
51K 1.9K 41
So this story started at a parking lot of a building in the city of beauty Seoul, South Korea! Let's give a proper intro to our characters! Y/N is...
218K 8.7K 45
A story where a girl starts crushing on her classmate Kim Taehyung. Will she ever end up with him? When all he ever see her is as his bestfriend. Wil...
3.7M 128K 41
emma's boyfriend breaks up with her. heartbroken and crushed she meets a guy, jungkook, her childhood best friend and asks him to become her fake boy...