The Tables Have Turned (A Nar...

By He4venly

After refusing to take over her family's company business-side, Hinata Hyuga decides to relocate to the origi... More

Author's Note
0
1
2
4

3

424 31 87
By He4venly

I wish.

Apart of me wanted to...

So much to taste in that bowl of ramen and I hate it enough to kick him out of the competition. That way he doesn't have a change of becoming my apprentice.

I really should've hated it.

In fact, it wasn't even something I would consider competition material. I mean, his fellow competitor presented us with the tastiest piece of NY strip I've had in a very long time. How did he presume he could compete with a simple tantan ramen bowl with only char-siu as the protein present?

Yet...

I slumped down in my leather couch with a loud beating and gripping heart. My arm instinctively covered my special eyes, causing them to relax and close.

I could tell he was nervous. He kept taking long breaths, his oceanic eyes were gazing at the ground, waiting, as if the devil himself could come out at any moment to soothe his shaking nerves.

It's easing, really. Seeing someone who had always been so confident and cocky begging for some sort of escape.

It was this moment , I genuinely felt my TV smile was representing a true feeling bubbling up inside me.

Triumph.

I, along with my fellow judges, were the reason the cocky bastard was nervous. In my years of knowing him, I never took him to be someone to be shaking from it. If he were ever nervous, he hid it well; definitely fooled my blind younger self.

Kakashi called him up, tapping at the table in front of us to set his bowl down.

Each of us stood out of our chairs but my eyes never left him. He released another breath as he set down a single bowl...of...

Why am I even surprised?

"Is something funny, Chef Hinata?" Shikaku-san asked.

I hadn't realized I chuckled out loud.

"Sorry." I cleared my throat. "Please, tell us what you made for us today, Mr..."

Naruto couldn't hold my gaze at all. He merely mumbled "Uzumaki Naruto" into his mic set. I wasn't sure if it was caught into the loud speakers. I could hear some of the audience members whisper amongst each other, asking for some sort of clarity.

I am continuously scoring points today, aren't I?

"Now, can you please tell us about this bowl of ramen you have for us?" Kakashi-san jumped in.

Naruto spoke more slowly this time and instead of looking at me, he decided to look at my other two fellow judges. "It's a simple tantan ramen with char-siu. I used herbs that could only be found here in Konoha to give it more of a homey feel."

"Wait," Shikaku-san held up a hand. "You only put in char-siu?"

The contestant blinked. "Yes sir."

It was Kakashi-san's turn to chuckle but it wasn't like mines out of amusement. More so...that Naruto is wasting his time.

"Ramen is a dish where the more toppings the better and you're over here only putting in one choice?"

"I-"

"Well, I am a little disappointed that this is how we close out today's competition..." Shiraki-san shook his head.

I didn't say anything to add fuel to the fire brewing in front of me. In all honesty, watching Naruto burn on the spot from embarrassment is a real dream come true.

But.

"The secret is the broth, y'know." Naruto finally snapped, his eyes bearing into the ground. "I don't add too much toppings 'cause I want people to enjoy the warmth of the broth!"

There it is.

The spontaneous Uzumaki loud mouth. 

"Well then," I picked up my spoon first, catching everybody's attention, including Naruto's who just eyed me like I grew an extra head.

"I expect to be begging for more, y'know?" I smirked at him.

What the hell was I thinking?!

I think I flirted with him? I don't know! I just know that Shikaku-san suspected something about Naruto and me. He wouldn't leave me alone the entire time we were packing up to leave.

What have I done to myself?

I groaned loudly, my hands moving to cover my face. I could literally feel the heat dancing from my cheek to my palm.

Why does he still have so much control over me? He shouldn't have this control.

I'm stronger now.

He shouldn't -

My phone blared loudly on the glass coffee table in front of me, shocking me back to my present reality.

Sakura's name spread across the screen as I picked up the call. "Hello?"

"Is the youngest, greatest chef in the world down for some greasy, disgusting club food?" I could hear music in the background and a different voice echoing around the room.

I giggled. "I don't see why not. Which bar we meeting at?"

"Girl, what you mean meeting at?" Sakura suddenly piped up in my ear. "You're coming over to my place so Ino and I can doll-you-the-fuck up!"

"But -"

"Hina! Shh, nope. We haven't seen you in years! You are getting your ass over here and you are coming with us downtown to get shit-faced!" Ino screeched in a sing-song voice. 

Everything seems finalized and I know better than anyone to defy any of my girl-friends. They wouldn't hurt me, that much I'm sure of but if I don't go...

Rather.

That's not even an option.

"I'll be right over." 

* * *

Regardless of my profession, I am an introvert. The idea of going out to get drunk out of my mind has never been an appealing activity to me, but...

When your closest friends were the most popular gang of people to ever roam the University of Konoha, you really don't have much of a choice. 

I was the constant sober one, alongside Sasuke. He would take 3 shots max and would spend the rest of the night helping me drag our friends home one by one. That, or we stuff them in the closest living room we can find and kick them out in the morning. It's a very effective method actually.

Until the puke starts coming around. That's solely Sasuke's job. 

Now that we're a few years into our adulthood, I would think my friends would be more...mature when it came down to partying. I expected just simple hangouts at a nearby bar once a month; discussing about the going-ons in our lives. 

Laughing.

Reminiscing and just talking story.

But...

I also forgot my friends are party crazy.

"Where's Sasuke? Why am I driving?" I mumbled to myself. 

As the resident sober, I somehow got roped into being the designated driver as well. We all knew I was probably going to have a single glass of wine and call it good anyway so I guess it works out.

Still yet, that doesn't mean I want to be driving.

"He's already at the club with the rest of the guys." Sakura waved, straightened her short red dress. It hugged her body perfectly. She's definitely going to cause some heads to turn and some mouths to fall open.

I glanced at Ino, who was still fixing her lipstick in her pocket mirror added, "Sai said they're already sitting at the VIP session on the second floor of the club."

"How'd they manage to get that?" Temari, who screamed shotgun the moment we left Sakura's house, opened my glove compartment. "The Fire Nation never has their VIP session open."

Ino closed her mirror. "Guess who's name they dropped?"

I caught Ino's eyes twinkling with admiration through the rearview at me.

"M-me?!" 

"Duh!" Sakura giggled. "I mean, the rest of us have normal jobs. You're the one running the cooking show that nobody can shut up about."

"I-I'm not running anything." I cleared my throat, slowing my car to a stop. "I was forced into it."

It's my father's idea, not mines. I just wanted to settle down in my home city and just cook to my heart's content. I already achieved so much for being this young. I only desire to continue cooking my food for others to smile and enjoy. 

Maybe get married.

Maybe not. 

Honestly, I've grown used to being alone. After my last relationship, men have become a very toxic topic for me. 

Not to mention my "first love" is running around here again.

"Light's green, Hina." Temari tapped my shoulder, sending me crashing back to the inside of the car. 

"Oh, s-sorry." 

I didn't miss the worried look Ino and Sakura exchanged in the backseat but they chose not to say anything.

I accelerated my car and took one more left. Temari continued giving me directions for the next two miles. 

"There it is, on the right." Temari pointed. "See? And you were worried I'd get lost."

"Well, you're the only one out of all of us that didn't live here her entire life." Ino smirked. "So forgive us for not trusting you with directions."

"Bitch." My blonde friend whipped around so violently I thought one of her four buns were going to come loose. "You get lost getting home from the damn hospital every day!"

"Ladies!" Sakura jumped in. "You're gonna fuck up Hinata's driving!"

They both growled at each other before Temari settled back down, crossing her arms. I just laughed amusingly. 

I drove the car into the short line of 4 cars waiting for the valet service. Sakura started ranting on about how we should use the buddy system if we were to wander anywhere around the club since it was rather huge. I've never been here so I am most definitely going to stick close to my friends.

The Fire Nation opened about a year ago and has been the go-to spot in all of downtown Konoha. It highlights the nightlife in the tourist brochures so the club is always at 110% capacity. Shikaku-san told me about it when I first moved here and we were sitting down for a meeting about the competition. 

"Hina, you okay?" Sakura tapped my shoulder, ignoring the bickering Temari and Ino again. 

"I am." I smiled back. "Don't worry too much about me tonight. I'm more than happy to be out and to see everybody again."

My pinkette friend opened her mouth to say something but she immediately got cut off by the louder Ino, "Hinata you need to socialize tonight! You're the only one out of all of us that's single -"

Sakura immediately punched Ino's arm. "What the hell is wrong with you? There's nothing wrong with our Hina being single!"

"I can agree to that." Temari nodded, sternly.

"Guys, come on." Ino rolled her eyes. "She looks like a literal five-star meal in that dress."

I subconsciously crossed my arms over my chest. The gentle breeze of the AC reminding me there was a part of the chest that showed...

"Eh, no!" the blonde immediately snapped. "Show off them under-boobies, Hinata Hyuga! Those and that ass of yours are your greatest assets!"

That...

Sakura groaned. "Are you trying to pimp her out?"

"Nooooo." Ino rolled her eyes. "It's been like, what...3 years since that Toneri asshole, yeah? I think it's time Hinata actually met a real man or if not, make out with one at least tonight."

My heart flipped itself over at the mention of my ex's name. Besides a person who shall not be named, he was the only other one I could truly say I loved.

Of course...

Anything that's considered good in my life ends somehow.

Ino caught herself when I didn't answer in any way and immediately dipped her head in shame. "Sorry. Didn't mean to bring that bastard's name up."

"It's o-okay."

"I just want you to meet a man worthy of your time and your smile, Hina." my friend said. "You work so hard and we know you enjoy being alone but...I just don't think I want to see you...lonely, that's all."

I glanced at Ino, my smile never leaving my lips. "Ino, it's okay."

"Hina, we're next." Temari caught my attention.

Maybe Ino is right.

Maybe.

A young valet driver dressed in a suit jacket ran to my side and opened the door, holding out a hand.

Maybe I should give this whole love thing another try.

What could possibly go wrong, right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

994 17 10
[u. naruto x h. hinata] ยปยป-----ใ€€โ€ใ€€-----ยซยซ โ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—œ'๐—บ ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ฎ ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ ๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ.โž -- ๐‡๐ˆ๐๐€๐“๐€...
14.9K 602 13
Hinata Hyuga is the most sought after wedding planner in Konoha. She's kind, hard-working, extremely organized, and she knows exactly what to do and...
152K 3.6K 35
[Editting] Hinata Hyuga was forced by her father Hiashi Hyuga to marry the rogue ninja of The Konohagakure, Uchiha Sasuke. Can Hinata live the life w...
32.7K 864 21
[[COMPLETED]] [ Hey Doc! Let Me Love You ] Naruto and Hinata are 5 years Live-in partner and 8 years in relationship Naruto Uzumaki is a Successful E...