𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐌𝐘 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄, w.soot

By manishroom

You're the only one that makes me feel alive I can't keep drowning in the shadows Here I am, lay it all on th... More

ZERO.
ONE.
TWO.
FOUR.
FIVE.
SIX.
SEVEN.
EIGHT.
NINE.
TEN.
ELEVEN.
TWELVE.
THIRTEEN.
FOURTEEN.
FIFTEEN.
SIXTEEN.
SEVENTEEN.
EIGHTEEN.
NINETEEN.
TWENTY.
TWENTY ONE.
TWENTY TWO.
TWENTY THREE.
TWENTY FOUR.
TWENTY FIVE.
TWENTY SIX.
TWENTY SEVEN.
TWENTY EIGHT.
TWENTY NINE.
THIRTY.
THIRTY ONE.
THIRTY TWO.
THIRTY THREE.
THIRTY FOUR.
THIRTY FIVE.
THIRTY SIX.
THIRTY SEVEN.
THIRTY EIGHT.
THIRTY NINE.
FORTY.
extra chapters !
EXTRA CHAPTER ONE.
EXTRA CHAPTER TWO.
EXTRA CHAPTER THREE.

THREE.

23.5K 635 526
By manishroom

CHAPTER THREE ;
best friend obligations

real life !

        George had been in the car for five minutes tops and she had already given into his relentless begging.

He had claimed that it wasn't his fault he forgot to have coffee that morning and she should take pity on a poor, colorblind little man like himself. ( he didn't phrase it quite like that, but Evelyn can read between the lines ) so she bought him a coffee and told him she didn't want to hear another complaint from him since he was the one forcing her to go on his date.

"who are you even meeting up with? Niki?"

He shook his head, wincing as the scalding coffee burnt his tongue. "No, just Wilbur. I've told you about him, right?"

"you might've mentioned him before, but I don't really remember."

"he's the one that sent me that love letter once," he replied. "I know you remember that. You thought it was cute."

Her eyes widened when she realized she knew who he was talking about. "oh! I remember him! Oh my god, that was the cutest thing ever...wait. The guy you're going on a date with to Pizza Hut is the same guy who wrote you a love letter? Gogy, I know you're new to this whole relationship thing, but I kinda feel like this is a step backwards in the romance department. I cannot believe this is the guy you're abandoning your sugar daddy for—,"

"actually, Dreams helping me and Wilbur scam twitter, so if anything he's enabling this."

"huh," she said, glancing over at the boy who was nonchalantly staring out the window. "you think you know a guy."

"anyways, I don't think you should be so harsh to judge the place we're going to because technically Wilbur asked Clay out to this specific Pizza Hut and we decided it would be funny to prank twitter...however, I am a little hesitant to go through with it. It's kinda mean."

"don't tell me you're getting cold feet now!? After I already went out of my way to drive you here? Come on, George. You pretty much have to go through with it now."

He shrugged, taking another sip of his coffee. "maybe. I was thinking we could just take pictures together and leave—,"

"Wait. You're going on a date with this guy just to take a picture and dip? Gogs...come on. Have some class. At least buy the poor, lovesick boy dinner."

"one," he started, holding up a single finger. "this is a joke. A prank. We're scamming twitter, not going on a real date. Two," another finger up, "you did not go out of your way to take me here, your house is literally ten minutes away. Three, and this is my final point, phrasing it the way you did makes it sound like this trip is a lot more scandalous than it really is."

"no, it doesn't."

"it does, actually."

"how would you know, George? The most scandalous thing you've ever done is show your shoulders—,"

"that's not true!"

"oh, forgive me Gogy. Was it just your collarbone?"

George huffed beside her, sticking his cup in the cup holder and immediately crossing his arms.

"why are you so feisty today?"

"I blame you."

"me?"

Evelyn rolled her eyes as she pulled into a parking space. "yes, you. I dunno why you're acting so surprised. You bring out all my aggression—,"

"Not true. Usually, when we're in a call it's Clay that makes you all crazy."

"well he's not here right now, is he?"

"allegedly, he is actually. That's part of the scam, duh."

"be nice, i'm just your uber. You expect me to be in the know when I was literally informed of this yesterday?"

"yeah, but also you're more than just my uber. You're also going to be our photographer."

"I didn't agree to that, Davidson."

"best friend obligation," he sung, before turning to her and grinning. "come on, please? I'll treat you to dinner after."

"...what kinda food?"

"I dunno. Whatever you want?"

"...fine."

George reached over and ruffled her hair, "you're the best, Evs. I owe you one."

"yeah, yeah whatever. Let's go, Gogy. Dont wanna keep lover boy waiting."

He hummed in agreement, "that would be rude, wouldn't it."

"very."

Once they made it to their meeting spot, Evelyn was anxiously wiping her palms on her jeans. "I don't know why i'm nervous. Oh god, what if he doesn't like me? You're my best friend if your, um...potential lover hates me I would literally never stop crying. I'd probably cry so much I died. Oh god, I definitely have a reason to be nervous—why did I agree to this!?"

"I think you're overreacting a little bit—,"

"i'm not! Oh, jesus what if I throw up? George, what if I throw up and he tells the world that you paid some random girl to lose their breakfast on him because he was making moves on a taken man! Oh my—did you and Clay set me up?"

George sighed dramatically, before placing both hands firmly on her shoulders.

"listen, Ev. You're going to be fine. I promise. Wilburs nice and you already know he'd be dead meat if he hurt your feelings considering Clay and Nick both basically adopted you into the Dream Team. Besides, like I said, he's nice. He'll love you, and if he doesn't then i'll introduce you to Tommy who will adore you out of spite and use it as fuel to irritate Wilbur."

Taking in her frantic expression, George sighed and opened his arms towards her. "do I have to hug you to get you to stop panicking?"

"yes."

He rolled his eyes, but didn't protest when she wrapped her arms around him tightly. "you're literally like a koala."

"I don't understand how you're not used to it by now."

He shrugged once she let him go, "dunno. might have something to do with the—,"

"if you say color blindness im leaving you here," she threatens, shoving her pointer finger in his face, "i'm serious."

George rolled his eyes again, "whatever. it's the truth, but if you can't handle it I won't force it upon you."

"wow, how generous of you."

"I try. Oh, look! There's Wilbur! Let's—hey! Why did you punch me?" He exclaimed, rubbing his shoulder gently, "I can't believe you most likely bruised me. I'm going to have to pretend I was jumped or something."

Evelyns eyes were wide, panic no longer present on her face.

That was a lie.

She was panicking all right, but for a completely different reason.

Wilbur was one hundred percent, without a doubt, not what she expected.

When she heard the name Wilbur she fully did not expect to see a tall, beautiful man that looked like he gave the best hugs while also being capable of murdering someone and making sure he never got caught.

She wasn't quite sure why that's how her brain had decided to describe him, but when she voiced her concerns to George, he brushed her off and said that because she was friends with the Georgenotfound, she didn't need to worry about him going crazy on her.

For some reason, that did not console her in the slightest.

Wilbur smiled wide when he saw George, "gogy! you're even more handsome in person, goddamn."

"thanks, Wil," he laughed, running a hand through his hair. "oh, this is Evelyn. She drove me here. She has appointed herself the position of designated emotional support best friend, but really she's just here so I didn't have to walk."

"or beg your mum for a ride, don't forget that option," She chimed in, before turning towards the towering man who was curiously staring down at her.

"Gogy...did you kidnap this poor woman?"

"what!? No! She's literally one of my closest friends, which is why it took little to no effort to convince her to drive me. I hope you don't mind I brought her along."

Wilbur frowned, ignoring what his friend said. "blink twice if you need my help."

Evelyn grinned and blinked twice, earning an exasperated scoff from George.

"Evelyn?!"

Wilbur sighed and turned his attention back to the frowning brunette. "If you aren't holding her hostage, Gogy—,"

"i'm not!"

"then why does she look so nervous?"

George shrugged, "I dunno, she's kind of odd like that. She also agreed to be our designated photographer, so that's taken care of."

He nodded and offered the girl a friendly smile, "designated photographer and emotional support best friend? Impressive."

"don't forget designated uber," Evelyn replied, relieved that the nerves had completely vanished now that Wilbur was joking around with her. He didn't seem like the kind of crazy she had seen on criminal minds, but she knew better than to get ahead of herself. It had only been a few minutes. It was far too early to determine a final thought on him.

He was friendly, she would give him that. ( and very attractive ) 

Wilbur raised his eyebrows at her, "I see. And whats Georges designated role?"

She shrugged, "I guess he sometimes kills the spiders in my house so that I can live in peace."

"don't forget the fact that I spend the night at your house every single time Lola and Declan aren't there. Which is a lot, by the way." George added, stuffing his hands in his pockets. "now, are you two ready to scam twitter or can I stop third wheeling now?"

"sure," Wilbur replied, "you call Dream, i'll be back in a few minutes."

Wilbur disappeared behind a building as George pulled his phone out. "here, you can say hi before I start recording."

George handed her the phone as Dream answered. Once the call connected and he saw the smiling girl in the camera waving at him, he started laughing.

"Evelyn, hey! I didn't know you were going to be there!"

"Yeah, George pretty much forced me to, but that's okay. He's buying me dinner, so it's fine. How are you?"

"i'm good! How about you?"

"i'm good, just scamming twitter as usual. Where's Wil?"

"hiding somewhere," she shrugged. "anyways, how would you feel about me officially replacing gogy? Like, trust me, I know you're his sugar daddy, but you know...I like free money, too—,"

"that's enough, Ev," George chuckled, taking his phone back. "i'm going to start recording now," he informed her.

She nodded and leaned against the railing of the bridge, watching as the two laughed among themselves and began walking.

Evelyn thought this so called scam was rather stupid, but she didn't voice her opinion, instead deciding to admire Wilburs pretty face from afar.

She decided that even if he ended up being a psychopath, she wouldn't care solely based on the fact that he was straight up beautiful.

She also decided that she would never see him again after this because she didn't want George to be weirded out with her absolutely flirting with him.

But what George didn't know wouldn't hurt him, so she would continue to admire his pretty face and infectious laugh, and take pictures when asked to.

And by the time they parted ways and George instructed her to drive them to a small cafe near her house, she couldn't help but be a bit let down. Though she would never admit it, in fear of being merciless teased by George and his friends who were also Wilburs friends, she missed the taller boys company. He was fun to be around and it was a real shame he declined George's offer of getting dinner with them.

"thanks for chaperoning my date, mum."

Evelyn rolled her eyes and flicked a sugar packet at him. "you're older than I am, George."

He scoffed in response, "I hardly think three days count as older than you, but whatever."

"three days absolutely count, thank you very much."

"yeah, whatever," he paused and awkwardly ran a hand through his hair. "thanks for um...everything today, I guess."

"no problem," Evelyn reassured. "best friend obligation, remember?"

"i'm going to start using that more often."

"no, that's illegal."

"what?"

"emergencies only, Gogy."

George sighed and rested his chin in his hand, "I hardly think you not going to your cousins wedding is an emergency..."

"It definitely is. In fact, i'd say it's more serious that your date with Wilbur."

"Speaking of," Evelyn tried not to wince at the subject change, "i'm glad you didn't puke on him. That would've been awful, but also hilarious at the same time," George grinned at her before adding, "especially considering you could barely keep your eyes off of him."

"I don't know what you're talking about, George."

He laughed in response and shook his head at her. "I know for a fact that you do. You act like i've never seen you into somebody before."

Evelyn shrugged, avoiding eye contact with him. "usually you're more oblivious than this. I don't like it."

"I am not oblivious."

"you are," she instead, "and it's okay. I prefer it, actually."

"Whatever, you can't distract me with your George slander. I know you were staring at him and I can't wait to tell Dream."

"you tell anybody and i'll sell your hair to the government so they can clone you and then said clone will go rob a bank or something and self destruct, but not before planting evidence there that frames you and gets you thrown in prison."

"a bit extreme, don't you think?"

"not at all."

"fine, whatever. I won't tell anybody you think he's cute, even if literally all Dream smp fans will agree with you."

"yeah, well I don't think I trust their opinion since they all seem to be simping for you, too."

George shrugged, "they have every right to be. I'm gorgeous."

"yeah right," she said with an eye roll. "keep telling yourself that, Gogy."

"Pretty privilege is a real thing, Evelyn. It's not my fault I was burdened with good genes."

"you're real full of yourself today," she scoffed, crossing her arms. "why?"

"I know my worth, Evelyn. That's all."

Evelyn frowned, "i'm never chaperoning another one of your dates again."

"that's okay. Based on how much flirting I had to deal with today, i'd say i'm going to be chaperoning your dates next."

"shut up."

"i'm just stating the obvious, Evelyn. I can give you his number if you want?"

"No thanks! Oh, look at that! It's time to go. Come on, Gogy time for me to take you home and never speak to you again."

"I think you're being a bit dramatic," he muttered as they walked to the car.

"I think that I don't care what you say and if you keep bullying me i'll invite you over next time it's Declan's turn to cook dinner."

"that's cruel and you know it."

"which is exactly why it'll happen if you don't stop the slander."

George sighed, "fine, whatever. I won't say anything."

"good."

"good."

"fine."

"fine."

"stop it."

"just take me home," he said with an eye roll, leaning against the window. "you have emotionally exhausted and I need a nap before I stream tonight."

"fine, i'll be glad to get rid of you."

"you say that now, but I know for a fact you'll face time me later because you're bored," he scoffed. "but genuinely, thanks for coming with me today. I appreciate it."

"yeah, no problem. I got to stare at you pretty friend all day so it wasn't actual torture."

"you're an idiot,"he laughed, shoving her shoulder. "you sure you don't want his—,"

"no! Now get out of my car," she replied, shoving him back.

"alright, alright," he raised his hands in surrender as he got out of the car. "message me when you're home so I know you didn't die."

Evelyn saluted him, "always. See ya later, Gogy."

"bye, Evelyn."

When she got home, she was met with a piece of Declan's meatloaf in her spot at the dining table, next to a note that said,

in case he poisons you here's some leftovers. Enjoy!
-Declan

Evelyn shivered and put in the fridge before quickly messaging George that she made it home.

Evelyn🔮
home safe

Gogs🦕
dont care, didn't ask

Evelyn🔮
you literally made me message you

Gogs🦕
🙄

Evelyn🔮
whatever
i've had enough of your attitude for tonight
i'm going to go take a shower
goodnight

Gogs🦕
drown
I mean
goodnight

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

434K 14.5K 56
I can't get your smile out of my mind, I think about your eyes all the time or "I'm no photographer, bu...
875K 12.6K 62
x readers only lol (NO LONGER UPDATING: i do not support wilbur soot)
764K 23.8K 52
𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐢...
1.3M 22.1K 101
Just stories about our favourite content creators for you simps out thereeeee enjoyyyyy <33 GENDER NEUTRAL check out my account for the next book...