A Twist In Fate [H.P]

By makdala

γ€Œπšƒπš‘πšŽπš’ πš–πšŠπšπšŽ 𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš’πš—πšπš˜ 𝚊 πš πšŽπšŠπš™πš˜πš— πšŠπš—πš πšπš˜πš•πš 𝚒𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚘 πšπš’πš—πš πš™πšŽπšŠπšŒπšŽγ€ γ€ŒπšπšŽπš πš›... More

𝙰 πšƒπš πš’πšœπš π™Έπš— π™΅πšŠπšπšŽ
π™΄πš™πš’πšπš›πšŠπš™πš‘
π™²πšŠπšœπš
π™ΏπšŠπš›πš π™Ύπš—πšŽ
π™°πšŒπš π™Ύπš—πšŽ
π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› πš˜πš—πšŽ

π™²πš‘πšŠπš™πšπšŽπš› πš£πšŽπš›πš˜

33.4K 843 185
By makdala

.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
The Last Of Us
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
「𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎」
「𝙰𝚌𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎」
「𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚣𝚎𝚛𝚘」
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
'*•.¸♡ Alexis ♡¸.•*'
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

: ̗̀➛ October 1981

Never before have I felt my heart drop so fast. The necklace my brother gave me going cold on my chest, I could feel his life force draining away with each degree that the piece of jewel dropped.

I forgot how to breathe, my heart pounding as I rushed out of the Black ancestral home, not even bothering to put my shoes on, I only had one thing on my mind.

James.

My brother.

James.

My biggest supporter.

James.

The godfather of my sons.

James.

My best friend.

James.

A piece of who I am.

I apperated to to Godrics Hollow, my breath catching in my throat as I took in the destroyed house.

I urged James and Lily to stay at Potter Manor, and James wanted to, but Dumbledore insisted they stay at Godrics Hollow, and Lily agreed. I wish my naive sister-in-law wasn't so trusting of the manipulative man.

I ran inside the house, my feet getting cut on broken glass, but that was the least of my problems.

I nearly fell over when I saw the body laying near the door. The dead body. My hands were shaking and I could barely think over the sound of my own pounding heart.

"James..." my voice was shaky, I prayed to Hecate that James was just passed out, and not actually dead. You're being naive, the logical part of my brain reminded me, James is dead, you can see it clear as day, you shouldn't waste your time crying right now, go check and see if Lily and Harry are alive. For the first time I could think of, I ignored the logical part of myself.

I fell to my knees next to him, his messy raven hair seemed to have lost its bounce, since it fell flatly on his head, his hazel eyes that matched mine, usually full of life and mischief, stared blankly in front of him, the knuckles on his right hand were burst open, like he had punched something or someone before he died.

"James," my voice shook, tears blurring my vision as I grabbed him by the shoulder, "wake up. Harry needs you. Lily needs you. I need you. You can't die. You can't leave me. You can't leave me like mum and dad." My tears fell on his cheek, but still he remained unresponsive.

I hiccuped, my tears flowing faster down my cheeks, probably making it an ugly, blotchy red. My hands shook as I unhooked the necklace of a fox from his neck and, with shaky hands, wrapped it around my left wrist to wear as a makeshift bracelet.

"If Lily's alive, I'll take care of her. If Harry's alive, I'll protect him. I'll give my life for his if need be. I'll protect him. I'll love him like one of my own." I choked out as I leaned down and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"Rest in piece, Prongs. Mischief Managed." The words left my lips in little more than a whisper.

I stood up and stumbled up the stairs, leaving bloody footprints in my wake, since my feet were cut pretty badly from running through glass.

When I got upstairs to Harry's nursery, the door was blown open, the room destroyed, and there on the floor, laid Lily's dead body.

I felt a new wave of tears rush to my eyes, though this time I didn't lose my composure. My crying over her dead body won't miraculously bring her back to life.

My eyes trailed to Harry's crib, and a new wave of panic gripped my heart when I saw it empty, no body, no nothing. It was just empty.

I felt the dog charm on the bracelet on my right hand vibrate, and I immediately tapped it twice, "Sirius..." my voice cracked, a new wave of tears rushing down my face.

"Vixen, it was Wormtail. He was the secret keeper. He betrayed them. It wasn't me." He rushed out and a lump formed in my throat.

"What?" The word was a mere whisper on my tongue.

"Hagrid took Harry. He took him to Dumbledore. Don't let them take him away." His voice became even more rushed when I heard people yelling in the background, shouts of 'put your hands where I can see them,' were heard.

"Paddy, where are you." I asked, my heart pounding.

"Wormtail got away. He cut off one of his fingers. He blew up a street of muggles..." he trailed off, his voice breaking, "I'm going to Azkaban, Vixen. Wormtail framed me."

My heart dropped, I opened my mouth to say something, though he cut me off with a shout, "Protect Prongslet! Please Vix! Save him from the old man!" He yelled, then the connection cut out and I stood there, heart pounding and hands shaking.

Sirius was going to Azkaban. Peter gave James and Lily up. He was the secret keeper. Peter was a traitor.

I couldn't just stand here, Sirius may be going to Azkaban, but it's Harry who needs me right now. Once Dumbledore gets the boy in his clutches, he'll never let him go, and chances are better than not, if that happens, I'll never see my godson again.

I made a mental note to come back later so I can retrieve my bother and sister-in-laws bodies so I can give them a proper funeral before I rushed outside and immediately apperated to where I knew Dumbledore would try to leave Harry.

His magic hating aunt's house. Not on my watch, you wrinkly maggot.

And low and behold, there stood Dumbledore, McGonagall and Hagrid, baby Harry clutched in the old mans greedy hands.

"What do you think you're doing, Albus?" My voice was sharp and I swear he flinched when he saw me, as if knowing his plans were ruined.

Still, the irritating twinkle in his eyes remained as he tried to break through my mentally barriers, though I kept them strong, refusing to give this man even a scrap of something to use against me.

"I'm leaving Harry at his aunts house, my girl. He'll be safe here." He said calmly, in what I assume was meant to be a soothing tone.

I scoffed, "Please, you care about nobody but yourself. You'll be leaving Harry with magic hating muggles, where he'll most likely get abused," my eyes narrowed, "He'll be coming with me. I'm his aunt. I'm his godmother, and since," my voice got slightly chocked, "James and Lily are dead, I'm his legal guardian."

I stalked forward, coming face to face with the old man and his irritating half moon glasses, "You're just the headmaster of a school we don't even go to anymore. You have no right to decide what happens with my family." I gently took Harry from the old man's arms, making a mental not to give him a bath to wash off the stench of Albus-too-many-names-Dumbledore.

Surprisingly, he didn't fight me when I gently took the boy in my arms, not even McGonagall or Hagrid fought me.

"You're making a mistake, my girl." Dumbledore said and I turned my head, a glare on my face.

"I'm not 'your girl', Albus. I'm the Lady of the most ancient and noble houses of Black and Potter, and you shall address me as such." I spat as I apperated away.

✎𝙰𝚞𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚛 𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚜✎

Basically a prologue, but what do you think of the rewrite so far?

I've recently developed a liking to writing in first point of view, so y'all can argue on whether or not the characters are reliable narrators in the comments.

But, please let me know what you think.

Much love
Makdala

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 51.9K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
979K 32.5K 60
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
610K 30.7K 23
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
682K 23.2K 70
A story where a girl would do anything to get rid of her studies including getting married with a Mafia king but fate played opposite of it even afte...