A Heart To Keep (A Michael Ja...

By _TheGlovedOne

š˜š˜¦š˜³ š˜§š˜­š˜¢š˜øš˜­š˜¦š˜“š˜“ š˜§š˜¢š˜¤š˜¢š˜„š˜¦ š˜®š˜¢š˜“š˜¬š˜¦š˜„ š˜¢ š˜±š˜³š˜Ŗš˜·š˜¢š˜µš˜¦ š˜„š˜¦š˜“š˜±š˜¢š˜Ŗš˜³ š˜ˆš˜Æš˜„ š˜§š˜°š˜³ š˜µš˜©š˜¢š˜µ, š˜... More

DISCLAIMER
CHAPTER 1- Flustered
CHAPTER 2- The Jones'
CHAPTER 3- Sixth Sense
CHAPTER 4- Favor
CHAPTER 5- Electricity
CHAPTER 6- Ideas
CHAPTER 7- Confirmation
CHAPTER 8- Apple Pie
CHAPTER 9- Attack
CHAPTER 10- Note
CHAPTER 11- Lonely
CHAPTER 12- Check-up
CHAPTER 13- Plane Ride
CHAPTER 14- Spark
CHAPTER 15- Waiting
CHAPTER 16- Envy
CHAPTER 17- Distant
CHAPTER 18- Foreign Feeling
CHAPTER 19- Unrestricted
CHAPTER 20- Safety
CHAPTER 21- Stay
CHAPTER 22- Breakfast
CHAPTER 23- Invitation
CHAPTER 24- Gift
CHAPTER 25- Signals
CHAPTER 26- Confused
CHAPTER 27- Confession
CHAPTER 28- Ill-Fated
CHAPTER 29- Truth
CHAPTER 30- I Can't Make You
CHAPTER 31- Misunderstanding
CHAPTER 32- Girl Talk
CHAPTER 33- In the Dark
CHAPTER 34- Ethereal
CHAPTER 35- Spotlight
CHAPTER 36- Fear
CHAPTER 37- Bad Omen
CHAPTER 39- Troubled
CHAPTER 40- Unknown
CHAPTER 41- Memory
CHAPTER 42- Anxious
CHAPTER 43- Revelation
CHAPTER 44- Shatter
CHAPTER 45- Time
CHAPTER 46- Danger
CHAPTER 47- Brink
CHAPTER 48- Letting Go
CHAPTER 49- Years
CHAPTER 50- Apart
FINAL CHAPTER- Again
Author's Note

CHAPTER 38- Suspicious

1.2K 57 43
By _TheGlovedOne

AMELIA

Hearing a familiar voice will warm your heart, but it will definitely do more when that person is dearest to you. His sweet voice resonated all over the room and caught me off guard. And suddenly, this lifeless cube was painted in technicolor solely with his presence.

"Michael. What are you doing here? I thought you're on tour?" I said as I tried to sit myself up but I struggled. He rushed at my aid and helped me, grabbing the pillow and laying them vertically.

"Don't move too much. You need to rest," he said as he poured the water into a glass for me to drink.

"You didn't answer me..." I replied.

He sighed loudly before he spoke, "I was worried, Mia. I was practically losing my mind when I heard you screaming for help through the phone," he said as he sat down on the bed and caressed my hand.

"You heard everything?" my eyes drifted to the linen that's sprawled out over my lower limbs.

"Every single cry, Mia," I looked at him and his eyes are glossy as tears are threatening to fall.

"Michael, I'm okay now. Much better now that you're here," I said and squeezed his hand in affirmation.

"I was scared. I felt so helpless, I can't do anything 'cause I'm not here. I felt stupid because I can't protect my girl I-" I cut him out by caressing his face, wiping the now rivers flowing down his chiseled cheeks.

"Shh, Michael. Listen to me. I'm okay now, I'm safe. Don't worry about it okay? It's already done," trinkets of flashbacks from that vile night started coming back again. His tight grips around my arms embedded the disgusting deeds and it lingered repulsively that made me tear up as well.

Michael noticed my reaction but he didn't speak. He instinctively wrapped his arms around me and we both shared this moment in desolation.

"I'll make sure that he's going to pay," he whispered. "I promise you this," he said and kissed my forehead.

I felt safe in his arms, and I felt that no one could ever lay a finger on me as long as I have him on my side. The Amelia three months ago would never ask for anyone's help. But in Michael's arms, I became vulnerable, coming to a point when I risked my health for the feelings I have for him.

Even though there's a little elf on my shoulder whispering that I shouldn't rely on this feeling too much or it might end wounding me, I don't care at this point. What matters now is us.

"What did the doctors say? Did they tell you to drink any- uhm- medicine?" he asked. I instantly felt guilty about keeping my disease a secret. But I feel like he shouldn't know, at least not for now.

"Nothing, they said that I have to completely rest and hydrate well," I said quietly.

"Really? Not even the medicine you're taking?" my hand instantly went cold. How did he know?

"Medicine? What medicine?" I replied unsuspectingly.

"You know, for your asthma," I exhaled a breath of relief. I almost forgot that cover-up.

"Oh no, she didn't prescribe me anything but she said that I can go home once I finished this bag," I pointed on the IV bag hanging that's already half empty.

"There is no way I'm letting you go back to your apartment," he said and stood up from the bed, crossing his arms in front.

"But why not?" I asked.

"After what happened to you? I'm not letting you live alone now," he huffed.

"Well, I can stay at Jazmine's in the meantime," I suggested. He looked at me like he thought of an idea.

"What if you stay at Hayvenhurst?" he said and sat back down, this time on the chair near the bed.

"Stay at your home? I don't want to be a nuisance to Mrs. Jackson," I replied, thinking twice about his offer.

"You won't be. Mother would love some company, especially by you," he cheekily said.

"What about my work? I'll have to travel long hours to get to the office,"

"Then I'll bring the office to you. Don't worry I'll talk to Mr. Cohen, I'm sure he'll let you do work at home,"

"But I can stay at Jaz, Michael. There's no need to-"

"Please, Mia?" those two words accompanied by his pleasing demeanor were the way to convince me to agree with his proposal.

"I'll think about it" I smiled at him and he did as well but his was bigger.

"Great. That way I can take care of you," he said as he stood up again.

"Wait, don't you have shows to do?" I asked confusingly. I can't bear the guilt if I'm the reason for the delays or cancellations of his shows. It's too much.

"I do. But I only have one show to do here and I have the rest of the break until December," he explained. "I'll just talk to Bill outside for a bit. I'll be back my angel," he steps forward and kiss my forehead once more, and made his exit.

A smile was plastered on my face, knowing that I will be okay. It's hard to forget what that bastard did to me because he trampled on the dignity that I built for so long and with that, I can never forgive him. He's indifferent to me now. I just hope he gets what he deserves in the eyes of the law.

I will be okay.

We will be okay.

Right?

—-

I stayed true to my word and thought about Michael's offer. He's so adamant in convincing me to stay so I gave in. He kept me company when I was packing some things to bring to Hayvenhurst. When we arrived there, the apartment was a mess including the drinking glass shattered on the floor. Droplets of my blood stained the marbled flooring. It looks like a scene from a horror movie and it is, it just so happen that it occurred in my reality.

He helped me pack quickly so we can get out there as soon as possible. I only packed lightly, it's not like I'm moving in or anything. I'm just going to stay there for a couple of days until I figure out a plan.

Jaz also knows my plan. She's willing to take me in but she basically forced me to accept Michael's offer. Even if she does take me in, I don't want to be a burden to her also. Besides work, she has a lot of responsibilities being a daughter as well.

The doctor released me with Dr. Garner's permission. They didn't do tests on me like what Dr. Garner would do if I were in her clinic. I didn't want Michael to see or question anything since he never left my side the minute he arrived. I felt like my doctor knew my wishes when I gave her a warning with my eye. She just told me to rest well.

The car ride to his home was solemn and silent. He let me rest my head on his shoulder and I slept like a baby until we arrived. Bill opened the car door and noticed that he fell asleep too. I hope I didn't make him uncomfortable.

Coming back here at Hayvenhurst brought bittersweet memories. The indifference of me and Michael made it impossible for us to see the bigger picture of what might've been if we continued with that kiss in his recording studio. It was full of fear and apprehension but that is out of the window now.

"Mia! My goodness are you feeling okay? Do you want to sit or lay down? I'll get you some water-" Janet rushed to me and greeted me. I chuckled at her concern. She's just as frantic as her brother.

"Jan, I'm fine you don't need to get me anything," I caught her hand and told her.

"I'm glad that you're safe, Mia. I was terrified when Mike told me,"

"I was terrified, too," that's all I could say but she understood the very few words I replied.

"I'll go and help mother in the kitchen. You can show her her room, Michael," he just nodded and we proceeded to go upstairs. I insisted on meeting Katherine first but he told me to do that before dinner starts.

Instead of going on the east wing, which I expected we would go since that's where Jaz and I stayed the last time we're here, Michael and I went on the west side.

"Aren't we going in the wrong direction?" I briefly stopped walking and asked.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Aren't we supposed to go that way?" I pointed to the familiar hallway behind me.

"C'mon, we're going in the right direction," he grabbed my hand and pulled me towards an unfamiliar part of his home. We suddenly stopped in front of the wooden door with the same design the other bedroom door in this house has.

"This will be your room. It's closer to mine so whenever you need anything, you can just knock," he pointed at the door adjacent to mine. We entered in and he settled my bag near the bed.

"Are you sure it's okay for me to stay here?" I shyly asked.

"It's more than okay," he said and winked, earning a creeping color of crimson on my cheek.

"You're safe here now," he held both of my hands and kissed them. My heart melted because of his gestures as we continue to get lost in each other's presence. His intense gaze was broken off when a slight knock on the door was heard. We turned around and saw Bill in the doorway.

"Sorry to interrupt but can I talk to Mike for a sec? It's important," Bill asked.

"Oh sure no problem," I said to both of them.

"You sure?"

"Of course. No worries. Go do your thing," I said to him with a smile.

"It'll be quick. Just get settled in the meantime, okay?" and I nodded in response. He disappeared with Bill seconds later and I was left alone in this beautiful room. Weirdly enough, it's quite comforting, almost like my home in Seattle. I walked towards the big framing windows and enjoyed the majestic view of their garden.

I could get used to this.

—-
MICHAEL

"What's the important thing you need to tell me, Bill?" I asked him as we walked outside to the patio.

"Well, Amelia's ex-boyfriend is already in custody. He'll be questioned tomorrow when he has acquired an attorney. The police are already filing a case of attempted sexual assault on him," he said with a heavy sigh.

"Can I come there?" rage filled up inside me immediately when I remembered the sufferings he put Mia into.

"I think it's best if you sit this one out, Joker. Let them handle it. It won't be good for you if someone saw you coming out of a precinct," he explained.

"Just tell what are his statements after. Even if he tries to defend himself, I'll make sure he'll pay for what he did to Mia," I said and crossed my arms tightly.

"I'll keep you updated, no worries," he replied as I stare out in the open, my mind wandering in thin air as I try to calm my frustrations down.

"You alright, Mike?" Bill asked and taps my shoulder.

"In all honesty? No, not really,"

"Why? Wanna talk about it?"

"I can't shake this negativity off of me. I know he's going to jail for what he has done to Mia. I just don't understand why I'm letting this get the best of me," I shook my head.

"Don't worry, I'll do whatever I can to send that son of a gun in jail. Amelia also became very dear to me. I wouldn't want anything bad to happen to her again, especially if I know you'll both end up getting hurt," he replied and tried to comfort me.

"Thanks, Bill. I really needed that," I said with much appreciation.

"Mike!" Janet called out behind. "The phone is ringing, can you answer it? My hands are full!"

"I'll be back," I whispered to Bill and he let me go. I ran to where the phone was and answered it. Janet is too busy helping mother in the kitchen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Michael," a familiar voice on the other end replied.

"Brooke? Hi." I answered.

"How are you? I haven't heard from you in a hot minute," her voice sounds enthusiastic, surprisingly.

"I'm doing good, bit busy because of the tour. I hope you're doing good as well," I replied.

"I'm fantastic! By the way, how's Mia? I heard she got in a fight with her ex-boyfriend," my face immediately scrunched in confusion. The last time she saw Mia, she's enraged because she's with me. And now she's concerned?

And I know for a fact that nobody knows what happened to Mia except for Jazmine, Bill, Janet, and mother.

How could she possibly know?

"She's fine? Wait- how did you know about this?"

"I uh- uhm- Janet told me! Yes! Janet told me," Why would Dunk even tell her?

"Well uhm, she's fine now,"

"Michael, I got to go my manager is looking for me. It's nice talking to you. Bye!" she hurriedly hung up and I was left speechless and wondering. The only way to clear this is for Janet to tell me the truth.

I made my way to the doorway of the kitchen and saw my mother and my sister fixing dinner.

"Michael! Son, can you help me put this chicken in the oven? I can't bend my back," mother said and I did as I was told. I grabbed the tray and stuffed it inside the oven. Janet is busy stirring the mash potatoes and took the opportunity to catch her attention.

"Can I talk to you for a while? It'll be quick," I whispered on her shoulder.

"Oh, okay," she removed the pot from the heat and grabbed a kitchen towel. "I'll be right back mother," I pulled her out the kitchen and we talked under the stairs where no one could hear us.

"What is it?" she asked as she's wiping her hands.

"Did you tell Brooke anything?"

"Huh? Tell her what? We haven't even talked in a while. The last time I had a decent conversation with her was at Quincy's party," she scoffed.

"Well, she called earlier and asked how Mia was doing. She said that you told her what happened to her,"

"Why would I do that? It's not like we're close. And she has no business knowing what happened," she huffed and rolled her eyes at me.

"Anyway, if you have nothing more to ask, I'll go back to my duties. Tell Mia dinner's coming soon," she finally said and walks away.

I stood solid on the ground and leaned my hips against the table behind me. Series of questions flew in and out of my mind, but the same query was typed in bold text. As if she knew the situation first hand.

Unless she did.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 688 27
This story is about a girl,Rose,who had a crush on Michael Jackson when they were kids.But,for an unknown reason,they became enemies.They both search...
5.8K 227 15
This is a story of how one best selling novelist gets the surprise of her life... How could she be so lucky?? The guy well you won't believe, because...
38.4K 2.3K 64
{ Highest Ranking tags: #2 mjfam #2 TheKingOfPop, #3 alcapone} ā€¢ Won Best Alternative Universe FanFic in the 2020 MJFA'S BOOK ONE: He pounds his fi...
200K 7K 79
Michael Jackson and the person he would've deserved. / set in BAD era / / actual events used for reference /