Covid Can't stop us: A Jay Ha...

Від tvshowgirl4

BooK THREEEE!!: Emma, Jay, Nick, and Masie, face on the world, this pandemic, and the social and political ch... Більше

Season Eight Episode One "Fighting Ghosts"
Season 8 Episode 2 "White Knuckles"
New chapters coming soon
Season 8 Episode 3 "Tender Age"
Season 8 episode 4 'Unforgiven'
Season 8 Episode 5 'In Your Care'
Season 8 Episode 6 'Equal Justice'
Season 8 Episode 8 'Protect and Serve'
UPDATE ON THIS BOOK
Season 8 Episode 16 'The other side' SEASON FINALE

Season 8 Episode 7 'Instinct'

383 3 0
Від tvshowgirl4

Adam, Emma, Kim, and Jay pulled the van into a secluded ally, the snow coming down.

"I love snow, it makes me feel wintery." Emma sighed.

"Honey, it's February, (WHEN THE EPISODE AIRED.) You shouldn't be feeling wintery, you should be springy?"

"You make me springy." Jay rolled his eyes as Emma and Kim laughed, Adam faked gagged.

"You guys are disgusting."

"Oh shut up, I think it's cute they flirt with each other." Kim said.

"I do too, they are a very hot couple. They are even hotter and cuter when we are not on a call, so let's go through it again." Adam said to Jay.

"The targets are the Becerra Brothers, Enrequie and Hector."

"Latin Players." Emma and Kim said in unison from the back, Jay pulled the sheets closed covering up Emma and Kim. 

"Bought from these guys three times, it should be nice and easy. Nine grand get's us that eighth, we'll make the exchange, Chip and Dale back there will make the positive. We'll take em' down, and book em' before lunch." Adam said.

"Yeah, one problem." Jay said, "You look like Paul Bunyan."

"Thats what I was going for." Adam said as they got out. "Paul Bunyan was a handsome giant, so thank you." 

"It was so nice to see Makayla at the park the other day." Emma said to Kim as they got set up.  "It was nice to see her laugh too."

"Yeah. She's the strongest person I know Em. Not that I don't love my other children, but she's been through so much. She's just so strong."

"For sure." Emma agreed.

"How's the family taking it?"

"Good, Lila and Jacob love her, Adam got the dog he wanted-"

"you guys got a dog?" Emma asked.

"Oh! I didn't tell you that story so-" Kim was cut off.

"Looks good you guys." Someone said into the headphones.

"Tell me later." Emma said putting her pair on.

~~~~~~~

"Living the dream over here." Adam said giving the guy a hug.

"Ani't we all." One of the guys said. 

"Check it out." Jay said pulling money from his coat. "That's nine large, you can count it if you want."

"No need." The guy said. "I've got your package."

"Right on." Jay said as the guy walked away.

"You guys taste the product?" The other guy asked.

"Nah man, we're good." Jay said as Adam noticed a silver pickup truck coming around the corner. "One of our boys called us and said great things about this product." The other guy came back out of the garage as the pickup truck sped away. He handed Jay a brown bag.

"Same recipe as last time?" Jay asked.

"Tired and true homey." The guy said.

"That's why the crystals are so big." The other guy said, Adam looked around again and saw the pick truck speeding back around towards them. A guy was out the window with a gun.

"JAY GET DOWN!" Adam yelled tackling him to the ground as the shots started.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

BANG

BANG

BANG

"Oh my god!" Emma shouted as she and Kim grabbed their guns and bust out the back of the van. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kim called it in as they ran towards the scene.

"Eddie, are the officers hit?" The radio guy asked her. 

"We don't know approaching now." Kim said.

"JAY!" Emma shouted.

"ADAM!" Kim yelled. 

"It's okay! We're good!" Jay yelled as Emma and Kim ran over to them, they all breathed in the relief.

"The brothers are not good." Emma said looking down at the dead bodies. 

"Offenders heading southbound, silver pickup." Adam said, Kim nodded and said that into her radio.

"This is 5021 Eddie, officers are not hit, I repeat officers are not hit. Offenders fleeing southbound in a silver pickup." 

"What the hell just happened?" Emma asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All right, so where are we?" Voight asked as he walked onto the busy scene. 

"I got a partial from the shooters vehicle that fled southbound." Kevin said, "CPICS running it down. It's a newer-model Silverado." 

"Shell casings?" Voight asked.

"19 so far." Kim said. 

"That'll do." Voight said.

"Assault rifle, green tip, .223s."

"All right." Voight said. "Have forensics, bag, tag, and HAND deliver them too ballistics." He looked down at the bodies. "We know these two are gang affiliated meth dealers, so hit the streets. Look for beefs, anniversary shootings, All of it. Get me POD's, ShotSpotters. Whoever did this almost took out two of our own, we don't take that lightly." The unit nodded, as they walked back to Jay's truck, which Kevin had driven here, Jay grabbed Emma's hand and squeezed it.

"I know." She said quietly, squeezing his back.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Closet ShotSpotter to the shooting." Emma said pulling up a video on Jay's computer in the bullpen, it went black after about twenty seconds. "Looks like someone else got there first."

"It's from 2300 hours, that's the night before it went down." Jay said.

"Well, tell's us the shooter was calculated, planned." Voight said. "What else you got?"

"Nothing actionable." Kevin said. "I talked to some of the victims people, they said they don't know what's going on or who did this." Kevin said. 

"Okay, anything on the shooters car?"Voight asked. 

"CPIC, pieced together the plate from the hot sheet." Emma said. "Vehicle was stolen three days ago, we lodged a BOLO but-"

"It's torched to the rims by now. We're circling the drain here." Voight said. 

"Maybe not sarge." Kim said coming up the stairs with Adam who was eating an orange. "OCD busted into two burners found at the brothers place. These are the texts on their phones:

'You sell you die.'

'I warned you.'

'Muerte.' 

'Dead." Kim said. 

"There's dozens of them!" Adam said. "Someone threatened to kill the Becerra brothers if they didn't get out of the meth game, and then they made good on it." 

"Can we trace the texts?" Voight asked.

"Not to a person, texts where sent burner to burner." Kim said. "But Rocky traced the burner to a neighborhood. OCD tech puts them in, or around, Garfield park." 

"Yeah, one of my best CI's, Tommy Lane, He's a meth guy in Garfield park." Adam said.

"Pay him a visit." Voight instructed Kim and Adam.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Much to the dismay of Tommy's wife, Adam convinces Tommy to do a buy with him so they can get the drugs off the street.  

Tommy gives them a name, Logan Teague, they used to run together and Logan is a big player on the street. 

~~~~~~~~~

 Adam's jeep pulled up to a corner in front of a small store. They where in one of the lower neighborhoods, a big drug den. Emma and Kim sat in the back of the van a few blocks away.

"What's your name supposed to be again?" Tommy rambled to Adam, he was very hyper. Emma and Kim where suspicious of Tommy. He said he was clean, but his behavior said otherwise. 

"Mike." Adam responded. "Don't screw this up for us. It's Mike."

"Mike, rimes with bike. Mike. Bike. Mike. Bike." Tommy said.

"Adam's caught himself a live one." Emma remarked, Kim sighed.

"Yep." They watched through a camera Adam was wearing in his coat as he and Tommy walked down the ally. 

"Hey! Hey! Hey! Logan!" Tommy called out as a man walked towards them.

"Tommy! Hey!" The man responded.

"Contact confirmed with Logan Teague."Kim said into her radio.

"Copy." Jay responded, he was sitting a few blocks away on the other side of the alley, his truck tucked behind an abandoned school bus.  

Tommy and Adam walked far into the alley, where another man was waiting by a door near an old building.

"For you." Logan said getting a baggie out of his pocket.

"Crap, it's drugs." Kim said.

"Yeah, well what was it going to be Kim? He's a drug dealer." Emma said, Kim rolled her eyes. As they looked back on the screen. Tommy was putting the drugs into a pipe.

"Crap, Jay." Emma said into her radio. "Be advised that our CI is using and this could blow any minuet." She turned towards Kim. "I don't trust this guy."

"Me neither." Kim said. Even though Tommy  was doing some dangerous rambling, and adding a lot of information, Logan seemed to believe him.

"There's a new sheriff in town. Monahan." Logan said.

"Monahan!" Kim and Emma said in unison as Emma wrote it down. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan agrees to set up a deal.

~~~~~~~~~

Kim, Jay, and Emma stood outside the van, they had relocated to a secluded lot blocks away from Logan. Adam pulled into the lot, he and Tommy got out of the car. 

"So now you two are partners?" Jay asked as Tommy and Adam walked towards them, Emma raised her arms in confusion.

"Me and Adam are buds, we go way back." Tommy said putting a cigarette in his mouth.

"You better hope so cause now you're on my wing until the bitter end of this thing." Adam said to Tommy exasperated. 

"You guys are a barrel of laughs." Tommy remarked.

"You told Adam you where clean like 20 minuets ago." Kim said.

"Yeah, and I was clean, 20 minuets ago." Tommy laughed. "Like a pack a day smoker right! Quit every 20 minuets. Right?" Jay rolled his eyes and Emma looked annoyed, Kim crossed her arms. "Wow, sticks up you're asses much." Emma scoffed. "Listen, when I'm clean I don't work right. Don't think fast enough, that's fine for when I'm sitting around farting at home, but in this line of work." He clicked his tongue. "Electric slide baby, you seem like you'd know what I'm talking about." He took a step towards Emma, and she took a step back.

"Jay." Emma said, Jay stepped in front of Tommy.

"Don't go any closer." Tommy smirked.

"Wow, you guys are hot together."  He remarked as Adam pulled him back by his shoulder. Everyone got readjusted as Emma cleared her throat.

"Crystal meth isn't known for bringing out the best in people Tommy." Emma remarked. 

"I highly disagree beautiful." She suppressed a gag. "Listen, we got what we all wanted! What's everyone so glum about!"

"Tommy!" Adam yelled, cutting him off.

"What!?"

"You want your money! You want your record scrubbed, no more dope. End of story." Adam said.

"Come on man." Tommy started to protest.

"Let's head out." Emma said to Kim and Jay, they both nodded, Jay glaring at Tommy before he got into his truck.

~~~~~~~~~~

"You should have seen the gag I had to suppress Kev, it was-" Emma shivered, she was sitting on her desk talking to Kevin as Jay and Kim got settled. Kevin laughed.

"I bet. How'd Halstead take it?" Kevin asked.

"I wanted to punch him in his coked out face." Jay said as Voight stepped into the bullpen.

"Get anything?" He asked, Emma nodded and grabbed some pictures from next to her on her desk heading up to the boards. 

"Indiana state police confirmed the ID of the man we believe killed the Becerra brothers." She said. "His name is Keith Monohan. He's heavy hitter. Sold mountains of crystal meth in Muncie. He's here now, and Indiana intel says he's here to stay. They where pretty happy he was our problem now."

"They've linked this guy to ten murders." Jay said. "But he's smart and he's calculated. He knows where to hide bodies, so he's always one step ahead of everyone else. They've got him on two gun charges, both misdemeanors. So he's got virtually no record."

"So we're no where on the murders?" Voight said, Emma and Jay both nodded. "All right, let's keep chasing the drug angle. We'll get the son of a bitch off the street that way, then we'll make the murders." Voight turned towards Adam. "So?"

"So." Adam sighed. "Logan Teauge made contact with Monohan. We fronted like we wanted to move some real weight, so Monohan is pretty interested. I got a dry meet, on book, with Tommy, my CI, myself, and Logan. Logan wants to see money, he want's to know that we're capable. He wants to set rules and prices, then he'll make a meet with Monohan."

"Okay, let's do it." The unit nodded and got to work on their computers. "I understand you ran into a little trouble with your CI?" Voight said, Emma covered a laugh with a cough. Voight glared at her before turning his attention back to Adam. 

"Yeah a bit." Adam scoffed. "He kinda took one for the team boss." Emma turned around to face Adam and Voight, she raised her eyebrow.

"No one asked him to smoke meth, so I don't know what you think he 'took for the team' but I think he was doing his own thing." Voight, who was sitting on her desk, spun her chair back around so she was facing Jay.

"We got what we wanted." Adam protested.  

"Well we can't go into a meeting like this. A CI high on meth. Bring him in, put him in the box. We'll keep him clean until the dry meet."

"Oh, Boss I don't know-"

"Bring him in."  Voight cut him off by getting up and walking into his office.

 "All right." Adam sighed getting up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adam finds Tommy ripping off some guy with fake sneakers in a parking lot, he brings in Tommy and puts him in the box. (The box is just an interrogation room)  

~~~~~~~~~~~

Adam came back out into the hallway where Emma, Kim, and Voight stood.

"Okay." Voight started. "We are trying to take down a smart, violent dealer. Guy puts people in the ground if they blink the wrong way." Adam nodded. "So I gotta know now, can we do it with this guy?" 

"Yeah." Adam said 

At the same time Kim and Emma said: "No." 

Voight sighed and looked between them. 

"Listen," Kim sighed. "Emma and I are not saying surrender. We're just saying, we gotta cut Tommy loose. We find another way to get too Monohan." 

"Alright, listen." Adam said. "I get what you're saying, I do. But you two don't know this guy like I do."

"We know you go way back, we know your friends and he's put in a lot of work for you, and good for him on that, thank him for that but... Adam. This guy is just a storm waiting to happen. He's just a hurricane of bad news. Even Jay didn't a good read off him." Emma said.

"Yeah! Well Jay doesn't get a good read off anyone once they look at you!" Adam snapped at Emma, Emma scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Enough!" Voight interjected as Rocky came around the corner.

"Hey!" Rocky said sheepishly, sensing the tension. "Jay just got another call about a double play, it looks like it's connected to Monohan." 

"All right, let's head out." Voight said to them, he turned towards Rocky. "You and Trudy keep an eye on him." Rocky nodded.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What's the story?" Voight asked Jay as he, Emma, Kevin, and Jay walked under a bridge and through a busy crime scene.

"Unfortunately it's a familiar one." Jay sighed. "DOA is Ramon Santiago. 25." Jay lead them over to a the body. Ramon was leaning against the seat of his car, sitting on the cold cement. Blood all behind him and in his car. In the passengers seat sat a young women, her head slumped against the window, blood all over her. 

"Let me guess. Hispanic, documented gang banger, crystal meth dealer?" Voight said. 

"Yes sir. Shot and killed by an automatic rifle from a vehicle that rolled up on him." Kevin said.

"Shell casings are .223's. Green tip." Emma said. "Same rounds that killed the Becerra brothers."  

"This other victim?" Voight asked walking around to the passengers side of the car. 

"Innocent, this time." Kevin said. "Ramon's girlfriend, Wendy Garcia. 22. Has a- Had a three year old son."

"All right. Have ballistics confirm that these are the same rounds used on the Becerra brothers. See if the DOA got any threatening text messages from the same burner. I mean, we already know but let's do the work to connect the crimes. Our body count is up to four now." Voight said, the unit nodded and dispersed. Emma and Adam stayed behind with Voight.

"Monohan's doing this as loud and public as possible." Adam said.

"Yep." Voight nodded at Emma and they started to walk away.

"Boss." Adam said, Voight stopped and turned around. "Listen, I know Tommy's a mess. He's a lair, he's a cheat, he's a junkie."

"That's a hell of a sales pitch." Voight said.

"He's also the best CI I ever had, and I think we can work through this. Cause at this point, I don't know we gotta lotta choice in the matter. We caught him loose now, think we're dead in the water." 

"Yeah." Voight raised his eyebrow at Emma who nodded. "Unfortunately I think you're right. So get it done." 

"Yes Sir."

~~~~~~~~~~

Emma and Kim sat in the van again as Tommy and Adam got out of Adam's jeep and walked down the ally again.

"Here we go." Emma sighed. 

"After this I'm going to get you some help." Adam promised Tommy as they walked.

"We'll see how that turns out. But hey, if it doesn't work out, you'll still be an unattractive, Irish, prick from canaryvile." Tommy said gruffly.

"Well." Emma said pressing her lips together. "At least Tommy is strong enough to talk smack, that's something."

"Heh! He'll need more than that." Kim laughed rolling her eyes. 

~~~~~~~~~

"So we're thinking two ponds to start. How about that?" Adam said to Logan,

"That's what I do. I generate business." He said. "So price, you're looking at 20 per." Adam blew out some air.

"Damn man, that's steep."

"Well, with Monohan I highly encourage you not to think of It as a negotiation. You gotta understand, if I can get this thing set up, your five minutes late with the guy, he walks, you try to change location on him, he walks."

"What is he the chosen one? We gotta, what-kiss  his ring too?" Tommy said, he was shaking, jittery, hands in and out of his pockets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is not good." Emma said to Kim who nodded in agreement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Pull the plug you don't like it, what's his problem?" Logan asked defensively, his body language changing, his guard now up. 

"He's having a rough day." Adam responded quickly. 

"My brokerage fee is 10%." Logan said casting a weird glance at Tommy. 

"Okay, so we split that with Monohan?" Adam asked. 

"No man, that's all on you."  

"Come on man! Just pay the guy so owe can get outta here." Tommy said pacing around in a circle. Logan walked around Adam over to Tommy who was standing in a corner.

"So man, you want it up front since it's the first time, cause we can do it up front." But Adam was invisible to Logan right now.

"What's wrong with you man, you dry?" Logan asked Tommy.

"I'm fine bro, just step off me man." Tommy sighed closing his eyes.

"Here." Logan said taking a baggie and pipe out of his coat pocket. "Come on man, knock yourself out." Tommy looked down at the drugs in Logan's hand like a child looking at sweets in a bakery. 

~~~~~

"His mouth is practically watering, this is not good." Emma said getting ready in case they needed to jump out.  "This was such a bad idea." 

~~~~~~

"I'm good man. Not here to get Hugh, so let's just finish this. Alright." Tommy looked away.

"Your dry!" Logan pushed. 

"Logan, leave him alone. Let's get this done." Adam said, Logan glared at Adam.

"Go on then, why don't you smoke up Mike." He said moving his hand to face Adam.

"I sell it I don't smoke it." Logan pulled out a gun and cocked it, putting his finger on the trigger.

~~~~~

"We gotta gun!" Emma said, Kim grabbed her arm. 

"He wants to let it play, let it play."

"Kim!"

"Emma!" Kim shouted, Emma cast her a worried glance but sighed forcing herself to look at the screen.

~~~~~~

"Why don't you smoke up then Mike."

"Whoa! Whoah!" Adam said putting his hands up. "Bro! Come on! What are you doing man? We all just wanna make a lot of money, right!"

"That's the idea, yeah." Logan said putting the drugs away but keeping the gun pointed at Adam.

"So why you pointing a gun at me?"

"I gotta protect myself, lotta sketchy people in this business. And you're starting to make me nervous." 

"Am I?"

"Mmhmm."

"Logan, your making a very, very, big mistake here." Adam said.

"Am I? How?" Before Logan could think Adam slammed his wrist into the top of the dumpster that was next to them. 

~~~~~~

"GO! GO!" Emma said to Kim who threw open the doors.

~~~~~~

Adam almost dies and puts Logan in a choke hold until Emma and Kim get there, they are able to subdue him and arrest Logan. Tommy, who had hit Logan in the head so Adam could place him in the choke hold, was also brought back to the station.

Adam and Voight have intense conversation and Adam says he wants to use the fact that they have Logan in custody and keep going. Voight thinks it's a bad idea, but he wants these drugs off the street so he doesn't have a choice. He needs Adam to be careful because the video of Adam putting Logan in a chokehold could be perceived wrong, and cost Adam his job.

~~~~~~~

Adam talks to Logan who refuses too flip on Monohan. He refuses.

Adam breaks into Logan's phone, much to the dismay of Kim and before he can find out anything, he get's a call from Tommy's wife that Tommy's not doing too good.

Adam rushes to his house and says that He's here for him, they have a sweet moment.

Tommy says he'll help Adam and the unit, but Adam has to buy him drugs first. Adam agrees.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The unit was in position on an abandoned warhorse/ factory site, ready to go.

"Tommy and Adam are on their way," Emma said to Voight, they where sitting in his car. 

"All right everyone, listen up." Voight said into his radio. "We surveilled the site, we all know our jobs. But we didn't pick this site, so there's a lot we don't know. Including how much resistance to expect. Don't forget Ruzek's In there naked, no weapon. Let's make sure everyone goes home tonight. Jay, are you in position?"

"Copy." Jay's voice came over the radio, he was tucked away on a platform about fifty feet from the ground with his sniper rifle. He was facing the entrance of the warehouse. 

"Kim and Kevin?"

"Copy." Kim said from the van that was parked on the other side of the building near an abandoned garage, right next to the entrance for the site. 

"It's go time," Voight said.

"I got security." Jay said, "Two guys, armed to the teeth." Jay said as Adam's jeep sped past Kim's van.

"Pulling in now." Kevin said into his radio.

"Here we go, I got him." Jay said. The two guys patted down Adam and Tommy, Adam observed the gun one of the men had.

"Nice piece bro. What kind?"

"Automatic, green tips. .223's bro." The guy responded.

"Our murder weapon." Kim said to Kevin, in the van. The two guys walked Adam and Tommy into the warehouse. They walked around a corner and a pile of wood. A guy in a hoodie was standing there.

"Got the money?" He asked, Adam removed his backpack and unzipped it. He showed the money to the man. "Count it." The man instructed his guys, taking off his hood.

"Sarge, we got a positive ID! It's Monohan." Kevin said into his radio, Emma and Voight shared a worried look.

"Sorry if I gave you the impression that we need to be friends, because we don't." Monohan said.

"Fair enough." Adam responded. 

"But I am in the midst of... a significant business expansion. Looking to move product, Logan said you two moved in the suburbs?"

"That's right." Adam said. 

"Tell me more about that." Monohan instructed.

"Yeah man, we're open books so-" Adam shrugged and nudged Tommy. "You ask us any questions, anything you wanna know, and we'll-"

"You ever see those birds that sit on top of water buffalos?" Tommy asked, cutting Adam off. "White suckers. You know the ones? I used to think 'What are you doing on top of that buffalo birdie?" Tommy laughed, the whole unit was perplexed. 

"He sounds like me at two AM." Emma said to Voight.

"What did he just say?" Jay asked into his radio.

"Turns out, that birdie, he's just having a snack!" Tommy laughed again. "It's true! I saw it on TV! The birds, eat the ticks that make the buffalo sick. It's a win-win for everyone. Buffalo get's a clean bill of health, birds get a feast!" 

"Yo, guys, this dude's high as a kite." Emma said into her radio.

"Well you would know." Voight muttered under his breath, Emma rolled her eyes.

"He's geeking out on us, should we pull em?" Kevin asked.

"No!" Voight said into his radio. "Let. It. Play!" 

~~~~~

"So." Monohan said, stepping towards Tommy. "Am I the buffalo or the bird?" 

"Your... Whoever man! Dealer's choice!" Tommy nodded "See what I did there?! Anyway, point is man. We are NOT your competitors, we'd be fools, all right! We wanna be, partners. "

"And what does that look like, to you two?"

"Trust." Adam And Tommy said at the same time." 

"So, here's our secret sauce. We're gonna take your product, mix it with X, make it super X. Kids love it. That's why we are hitting up the suburbs, for the colleges. Wheaton, Staten. I've got in's all up there."

~~~~~

"Listen to that Idiot." Voight said to Emma who nodded in agreement. 

~~~~~~

"So, we've got a bunch of bored kids who have a crap ton of money, who are just waiting for us!" 

"Super ecsatacy?" Monohan asked, he laughed. Tommy started laughing too.

"Yeah! He came up with it!" Tommy said pointing to Adam. 

"Yeah! Your funny." Monohan said, he turned around and walked over to an empty pipe pulling out a kilo. "So I'll keep it simple. We do the deal today, let this sit, let it simmer." He tossed the kilo to Tommy, who handed it to Adam. 

"Postive! We have a positive!" Kevin said into the radio.

"Move!" Voight said into his radio.

~~~~~~~~

They get Monohan, he shoots and kill's Tommy.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Dude was geeked! Geeked! Outta his mind Rocky." Emma said to Rocky, they sat inside a burger joint, eating their food.

"That's crazy." Rocky said, shoveling some fries into his mouth.

"I know, I just can't believe he's..." Emma trailed off.

"Yeah, I get what you're saying." Rocky said to her, Adam entered the restaurant and walked over to their table.

"Oh, are the kids done already?" Emma asked, Adam waved his hand.

"No, they are still playing. Jay and Kim are with them, I wanted to come talk to you." Adam said, they both looked at Rocky.

"I have to...go to the bathroom." Rocky said excusing himself, Adam took his spot and sighed. Emma crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry." Adam said. "I did some things, said some things, that I shouldn't have this case. To you, too Kim, and I'm sorry."  Emma nodded.

"Your right, you did say things that you shouldn't have. But I accept your apology." 

"Thank you, and I-" Adam sighed. "I'm sorry I dug at you and Jay's relationship, I was overwhelmed and emotional, but that's not an excuse."

"Right again. But Adam, it's really okay. I get it, this stuff happens to me all the time. Don't worry about it." Emma assured him, Adam nodded.

"By the way, I've noticed you aren't as... into Jay? That's not, you haven't been-"

"Playing up his ego and making him think he's god." Emma said.

"That one!" 

"Yeah, I'm trying to avoid HR so I put the breaks on that at work."

"How'd that go over?" 

"Not well. Underneath that brooding god is a fragile, lovable, people pleaser, with a little bit of a god complex. It was rough at first, I just make up for it more at home now." Adam and Emma broke out laughing.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?"Emma asked.

"Hell yeah." Adam said, she extended her hand and he took it gratefully, shaking it. 

'~~~~~~~~~

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

2.3K 61 27
✨2nd Book in the Finding Her Place In Chicago Series✨ After Katies departure back to New York, Emma Halstead decides it is time for her to return to...
274K 3.1K 82
Some Halstead fanfictions. Will Halstead. Jay Halstead and Ashley Halstead. A bunch of stories, with Police and Med
175K 2.6K 38
When hank voights adopted daughter returns home to Chicago, her life seems to get better. But better is the enemy of good... -Chicago PD-
22.9K 559 34
The third installment in the Ruling Chicago series. Published Dec 11, 2017