Lucky Charm Awards (CLOSED)

Door The_Clover_Community

Closed (☑️) Meer

Welcome
Rules
Genres
Participants Form
Special Category CLOSED
Judges Form
Judges Rubric
Prizes
Tag Fest
Timeline
Best Title Entries
🥳Best Title Winners🥳
Best Blurb Entries
🥳Best Blurb Winners🥳
Best Cover Entries
🥳Best Cover Winners🥳
Best First Chapter Entries
🥳Best First Chapter Winners🥳
❤️Romance Entries❤️
❤️🥳Romance Winners🥳❤️
🌟General Fiction Entries🌟
🥳General Fiction Winners 🥳
💜Fantasy Entries💜
💜🥳Fantasy Results💜🥳
🌼Teen Fiction Entries🌼
🌼🥳Teen Fiction Winners🥳🌼
🩸Mystery/Thriller Entries🩸
🩸🥳Mystery/Thriller Winners🥳🩸
🌑Werewolf/Vampire Entries🌑
🌑🥳Vampire/Werewolf Winners🌑🥳
👻Horror/Paranormal Entries👻
🥳👻Horror/Paranormal Winners 👻🥳
💌Poetry Entries💌
💌🥳Poetry Winners💌🥳
🧭Historical Fiction Entries🧭
⌚🥳Historical Fiction Winners⌚🥳
🖤Short Story Entries🖤
🖤🥳Short Story Winners🥳🖤
🔵Random Entries🔵
🔵🥳Random Winners🥳🔵
🔗Action/Adventure Entries 🔗
🥰Fanfiction Entries🥰
🥰🥳Fanfiction Winners🥰🥳
🤍New Adult Entries 🤍
🤍🥳New/Young Adult Winners🤍🥳
💙Chicklit Entries💙
💙🥳Chicklit Winners💙🥳
🥳Tagfest Winner🥳
Announcement #1
Announcement #2
Important Announcement
Announcement #4
Announcement 4
Final Announcement
❤️🏅Participant Sticker🏅❤️
❤️🏆Judges Stickers🏆❤️
❤️🤧Farewell❤️🤧

🔗🥳Action/Adventure Winners🔗🥳

89 8 9
Door The_Clover_Community

Thanks to our two amazing judges hottearsoncoldnights judging this genre. Winners pm the form 'winner's form' to me at the bottom of the results for your stickers, if you're unable to download it. If you didn't win this time, there's always next time. The original judge didn't judge the books and the other judge, wishes to remain anonymous.

🥇First Place Winners 🥇 (It's a tie)

Perfect RCorsini

And

Human Bait spelunkadunk

🥈Second Place Winners 🥈 (It's a tie)

A Dying Universe EliPH99

The Fate's Chosen authorcat14

🥉Third Place Winner🥉

Ronin HayleyLHeureux

🏅Honourable Mention🏅

The Slow Loris emmah_rose_

✨✨

Other scores and reviews

Books judged by hottearsoncoldnights

The Fate's Chosen by authorcat14

Title: 9/10

Cover: 9/10

Blurb: 9/10

Grammar and Vocabulary: 20/20

Writing: 20/20

Plot: 9.5/10

Originality: 9.5/10

Overall enjoyment: 10/10

Total: 96/100

Hello :) your book is really good, really interesting-the darkness, the setting, the way you tell the story, everything about it. The very beginning got me hooked. Your writing is awesome! That's all, I'm out of words

Hunting for Honey by leelabellabooks

Title: 8/10

Cover: 9/10

Blurb: 9/10

Grammar and Vocabulary: 17/20

Writing: 16/20

Plot: 8/10

Originality: 8/10

Overall enjoyment: 7/10

Total: 84/100

I like the story. The imagery is good, I can clearly picture in ny mind the scenes and the places while I'm reading. The transition of the scenes from one to another is smooth, I can follow just perfectly. The point of view however is a bit . . . Well, this is a bit new to me-an adventure written in the second person point of view. The female lead character is named Honey, and since it's in the second point of view, every reader-girl or boy-have to imagine they're a woman named Honey, well, not all of the time since the point of view changes. There are also some typos like, "inpatient," "good-lord," "offoce" and others, though it's not much of problem.

The ellipsis is overused there-it is supposed to give an special effect of some kind, like uncertainty, awe, or when the speaker trails off, and it didn't work because they're practically everywhere.

Anyways, the story is good, packed with actions and unexpected turn of events.

The Blind Remnant by HC_Leung

Title: 8.5

Cover: 9

Blurb: 7

Grammar and Vocabulary: 17

Writing: 16

Plot: 6

Originality: 8

Overall enjoyment: 6

Total: 77.5

The story is good, it's a bit like science fiction. It could be made even better if there are more descriptions so that every scene would be more vivid, walk us readers into every scene in the story, you know, "show, don't just tell" (you're probably familiar with this saying). For instance, in the first chapter (Future), you wrote: "They switch to night vision and activate camouflage." I think the reader would be like, 'Okay . . . They switched to night vision. Wait, how did they do it? What happened and how did they felt after? How did they activated this camouflage thingy? How did they looked like after activating It? Did they blend well with the surrounding? Wait, how does the surrounding even look like?' Use imagery to make the reader see what's happening and feel the thrill, or whatever, as every scene unfolds. Another is, "They clear rooms and unseen corners," you just told us readers what the characters did but you didn't really show us how they did it, how the rooms were like-like, was it hot or cold in there, how hot or cold; what does the air there smells like, if it was dusty or whatever; what was in there, if there there were furnitures and stuffs and how they look like-and how did some characters felt all the while, stuffs like that. Your story can be REALLY good. Just continue writing (I do hope you just continue writing because your ideas are great). The story is good, really.

The Back Assassin by darkskin-13

Title: 8/10

Cover: 8/10

Blurb: 9/10

Grammar and Vocabulary: 15/20

Writing: 16/20

Plot: 7/10

Originality: 8/10

Overall enjoyment: 6/10

Total: 77/100

I like Nunu, she's just fifteen but she's something. And it's entertaining, especially the part where Nunu was TEACHING her siblings A LESSON.

I think you should add more details to the scenes/events, for example, the part where Nunu was recalling the first time she got shot can be made better by adding details like: what they're doing before the ambush, or whatever was that, took place. Saying "We were just about to head to bed" is not enough. You can add stuffs like, how everybody reacted at the sound of gunshots. Did Nunu got scared? (How scared?) And Nunu grabbed Monique to run out through the back door, did she complied immediately? Did Monique looked/felt terrified whatsoever? Was the street dark?

I noticed some verbs are not in the proper tense, "when they seen us running" is not right, it should be "when they saw us running." The first sentence in the first paragraph in Chapter 1 should be like this: "To be honest, the best time of my life was when I was in elementary."

Soooo that's all, you may improve the imagery on your next story :)

The Slow Loris by emmah_rose_

Title: 8/10

Cover: 9/10

Blurb: 7/10

Grammar and Vocabulary: 15/20

Writing: 16/20

Plot: 6/10

Originality: 8/10

Overall enjoyment: 6/10

Total: 75/100

Hello:) Your story is good and it can be made better if you do something about its coherence, you have to establish a connection between all these wonderful ideas of yours before putting them together. Aaaaand I noticed you always use "was" even though the action is in the present tense. Some sentence construction can be improved, for example, instead of "Cora closed the book in a sigh," change it to "Cora closes the book with a sigh," and instead of "She could no longer add up the number of times she had read this piece of information, yet it didn't seem to make her any wiser," I suggest you change it to "She can no longer count the number of times she have read this piece of information, yet it doesn't seem to make her any wiser," (wait, actually I'm not really sure, it can also be "She can no longer count the number of times she have read this piece of information, but it didn't seem to have made her any wiser." idk)

It's nice that you included these descriptions of the characters and stuffs in the story, but I noticed you didn't do the same to the others . . . For instance, in the "Juby didn't seem to have any time for her famiLee, but thank Hercules she helped master some of her powers" part, you didn't reaLee describe/add more details, and it's important to do so for the readers to perfectly picture in their minds what is going on as they read the story. Add infos like the reason why Juby have no time for her family, what's keeping her busy, how Juby helped Cora master her powers-if they did some kind training, and how, where, and when.

Continue writing! :)

✨✨

Books judged by the anonymous judge

Human Bait spelunkadunk

Title: 10/10

Cover: 10/10

Blurb: 10/10

Grammar/Vocabulary: 20/20

Writing Style: 20/20

Plot: 9/10

Originality: 9/10

Overall enjoyment: 9/10

Total: 97/100

Review: Your descriptions and plot are absolutely amazing. I love your cover. Who made it? Your writing style is immaculate and OMG, your first chapter, it's everything. Excellent writing style. This is indeed a masterpiece.

Perfect RCorsini

Title: 10/10

Cover: 9/10

Blurb: 8/10

Grammar/Vocabulary: 20/20

Writing Style: 20/20

Plot: 10/10

Originality: 10/10

Overall enjoyment: 10/10

Total: 97/100

Review: Your cover is excellent, it matches the blurb. I'd suggest that you just give the blurb a little more detail, don't change the flow of it though, because it's perfect. This book is exceptional and wonderfully written. When I'm dying I need someone to ruin my death. This book is recommendable and I recommend it to everyone. I'm adding it to my library. Great job

A Dying Universe EliPH99

Title: 10/10

Cover: 10/10

Blurb: 8/10

Grammar/Vocabulary: 20/20

Writing Style: 18/20

Plot: 10/10

Originality: 10/10

Overall enjoyment: 10/10

Total: 96/100

Review: This story is a whole mood. I love your cover, it reflects the title and also the blurb, so as you continue with the story there's always a connection. I must continue reading this book, it's filled with attention grabbers and is intriguing. Excellent job!

Ronin HayleyLHeureux

Title: 10/10

Cover: 10/10

Blurb: 7/10

Grammar/Vocabulary: 17/20

Writing Style: 18/20

Plot: 10/10

Originality: 8/10

Overall enjoyment: 10/10

Total: 90/100

Review: Your cover is amazing! With some editing, I think your book can be a masterpiece because there's not much editing needed. It is enjoyable and the flow is steady and doesn't rush. Good job.

Einia ericson119

Title: 8/10

Cover: 9/10

Blurb: 9/10

Grammar/Vocabulary: 18/20

Writing Style: 15/20

Plot: 7/10

Originality: 8/10

Overall enjoyment: 7/10

Total: 81/100

Review: Your cover is well-done. Your blurb is intriguing. This book has a lot of potential but it needs some good editing.

✨✨

Winners form: Pm me this form

Username:
Book:
Position
Category:
Email:

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

67.8K 3.7K 80
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...
36K 2K 32
Come and join the family of Kim. See how the Kim family spends the day, including the cool Dada Jin, strict Appa Joon, calm yoongi, overactive hobi...
656K 15.7K 100
Evelyn Claire Bennett never thought this would happen to her. Not in a million years. How could something that was meant to be temporary have a las...
266K 40.3K 103
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး