Andante - R. Lupin

By halcyonedaysx

'Andante, Andante Oh, please don't let me down' In which Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague just wants to be loved... More

- CAST -
- Playlist -
- PRELUDE -
- 0.1
- 0.2
- 0.3
- 0.4
- 0.5
- ACT ONE -
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
- ACT TWO -
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52.
53.
54.
55.
56.
57.
58.
59.
60.
61.
62.
63.
64.
65.
- ACT THREE -
66.
67.
68.
69.
70.
71.
72.
73.
74.
75.
76.
77.
78.
79.
80.
81.
82.
83.
84.
85.
86.
87.
88
89
90.
91.
92.

43.

1.1K 53 54
By halcyonedaysx

{.43. Padfoot's birthday or Halloween}

Triggers: alcohol, smoking

Ally had been feeling very disheartened after her argument with Sirius. She didn't want to go to the Halloween party tonight either because she knew it was for Sirius and obviously she had presents for him but she didn't like his outlook on things with Regulus or her family. She knew Sirius had a different viewpoint but it just wasn't fair. She wished that Sirius could have some sympathy for regulus because they might relate to each other more than they had ever thought.

Ally was currently dressed in a bright pink dress with knee high boots and had her hair styled in a beehive so that she could be involved in the party because despite everything she wouldn't spoil costumes when her friends were this excited. She was nervous to have a party in Gryffindor tower especially after Remus' birthday so she was worried but she felt more confident this time. She had picked out her costume and she felt pretty in it. This was also her first public event with Remus as her boyfriend.

She was excited, the two hadn't made their relationship public yet, they rarely snogged in the corridor but according to everyone else they still just looked like friends. Ally didn't know if she liked that idea but she knew that she got to kiss Remus Lupin either way.

The trio head over from Ravenclaw tower — where they had been getting ready — and Ally held Luke's hand tightly in the way over. The trio were laughing and having a few jokes until they get outside Gryffindor tower.

"Ally, you'll be safe sweetie, I promise." Toby reassured.

Toby had decided not to drink tonight because he didn't want too and he started to realise Ally was slightly more naive than was previously thought so they didn't know what was going to happen. Both Toby and Luke were concerned for her and they thought if she was drunk and impressionable enough then anything could be said to her that would make her join the dark side. They didn't want that at all.

Ally smiled up at Toby and walked in holding Sirius' presents in the other hand, the trio were aware they were early but it gave them the opportunity to talk to the marauders before it got too messy. Luke said the password to Gryffindor tower and the trio walked through the portrait with confidence. As ally had heard someone say before — fake it until you make it.

Gryffindor tower looked marvellous, it was filled with Halloween decorations and the leftover of remains of pranks they had pulled on people. Ally smiled she thought the room had been like the marauders had made their mark on the place and she wouldn't be surprised if Hogwarts was boring without them. 

She followed the boys to the marauders dorm and beamed when she saw Remus in his flares. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and gestured them into the room. Ally and Remus were a very low-key couple everybody around them had noticed that. They liked doing things that were very minuscule, for example they wouldn't kiss in front of the group, it was always forehead or cheek kisses and occasionally Remus would kiss Ally's palm. They also didn't do very grand gestures for each other they both just relished being in each other's company and that was that.

The group thought it was beautiful to see the way their relationship was developing and how the two shy, unique yet beautiful individuals came together and were going to be something shy, unique and beautiful together. It was everything the boys had wanted for Remus and it was everything Toby and Luke had wanted for Ally.

They wanted their friends to feel safe and belonging with individuals that weren't themselves.

"Here's your present Sirius," ally smiled passing him the box as she sat down next to Remus

"Thanks Al," he said with a grateful smile

He knew he had probably crossed the line with Ally but he knew that she'd never look out for herself and it was stressful to him that she was doing that to herself. He just wanted his friends to be safe. That's all he ever wanted but he didn't know how to get that across to the group.

"I'll save this for my actual birthday is that alright Al?" He asked

"Of course Siri, you open it whenever you're ready. Let me know if anything will need changing though okay?" She smiled

"Thanks my love," Sirius said with a small smile

"Well mate, I'll give you yours on your actual birthday." Toby said grinning

"How about we get the shots out get the party started?" James suggested

Ally placed her head on Remus' shoulder as she watched everyone fuss with shots, Remus brought a hand up to touch her hair but she pushed it away with a gasp.

"Remus John Lupin, were you about to touch my beehive?" She gasped placing her hand on her chest to emphasise her shock

"I thought you liked getting your head scratched?" He asked confused

"She does mate, it's just that beehive took her four hours and numerous failed attempts to perfect," Luke chuckled and Remus let out a small 'oh' as if he had realised that what he had done was a crime

"Sorry my darling," Remus apologised realising that he probably has committed a crime

"That's ok, do you like it though? I think I finally got it right," she beamed posing for Remus who smiled lovingly at her

"You look beautiful," he smiled pressing a kiss to her lips

"Oh so you guys do kiss properly?" Sirius taunted to which the two blushed

Sirius passed everyone except Toby a shot and they all took it down in one go. It was a few minutes later when James suggested they have a game of truth or shot, Ally didn't understand but she agreed to participate either way.

They formed a circle and agreed to start with the person opposite them asking a question so everyone had a fair chance, then once that was done it was a free for all.

Sirius went first asking Peter about his blossoming relationship with the girl he was seeing, Peter gave a small enough answer so that he didn't have to take a shot then he asked Luke. Luke got asked about the Muggle world and dating there so he answered honestly, not that Luke had ever dated in the Muggle world anyway. Luke asked Remus what his favourite thing about Ally was to which he responded 'there was a list of things but undoubtedly it was her kindness' ally thought it was a rubbish answer but she prided herself on being kind so she went with it.

Remus asked Sirius what he had planned for after Hogwarts as they would soon be having their final career meetings, Sirius said an auror to which James nodded excitedly. Sirius turned to Ally and asked what she'd like to be doing in ten years time.

It was a hard question because she hadn't really thought about it properly. What did she want to do in ten years time? She didn't think at the age of twenty seven she'd want a family or to be married because she had goals to achieve first but she honestly just didn't know?

"As long as I'm happy Siri I don't care what I'm doing," she said with a smile "okay Jamie, is this the year you make a move on Lily properly?" She asked

James grabbed the shot and downed it in one to which Ally's jaw dropped.

"Oh my Merlin!" Toby squealed

"What?" Ally asked — she was confused because she thought the question was good and didn't understand why James didn't answer

"He's made the bloody move ally!" Luke exclaimed

"Piss off! If James had made a — no, that's why Lily wanted to swap with me on prefect duty! I had to put up with an hour of Reggie's tormenting so you two could be irresponsible and snog in the broom cupboards!" Ally fumed as she was connecting all the dots.

She was happy for James, she was but she thought it was unprofessional that they had done that because they were meant to be head boy and girl and James had known that Ally had a falling out with regulus. She thought it was selfish of them to do that to her and she knew they didn't mean any harm but the relationship with regulus was damaged more because of that prefect duty.

"All—"

"Save it, I'm going to get some air," she mumbled

Ally didn't know what the matter with her was, she was so short tempered recently and she didn't know if that was because she was tired or because she was just being hormonal. Either way she bloody hated it. She got to the bottom of Gryffindor tower and sat on the window ledge. She looked up at the moon and frowned when she saw it would be full within the next week, she hated that Remus always had to go through this but hopefully with the Wolfsbane potion he would get better with his transformations slowly.

She heard someone grunt as they sat down next to her and a packet of cigarettes was gestured towards her.

"Want one?" Sirius asked to which Ally pulled a face

"I don't think so," she chuckled

"Fair enough," he smiled as he lit one himself

"They're really bad for you, you know?" She said

"Yeah well, Grimmauld Place was bad for me too up until I left," he shrugged

Ally frowned and probably didn't realise how traumatic grimmauld place was for Sirius because she had only ever heard Regulus' experiences. Regulus had Kreacher on his side too which meant that at least he had an ally on the inside. Sirius had nobody.

It often plagued ally with guilt that she didn't make her brothers try harder to help get Sirius and Reggie out of there when they were younger. She would always feel guilty.

"Siri, I tried to get my brothers to help you..."

"I know my love. I don't hold it against you don't worry. It's just pureblood policy not to be involved in other people's affairs," he said

"But it shouldn't be Siri, and I swear on Merlin's tomb that I will change this so if we ever decide to have babies that they'll never feel the prejudices that you've felt or I've felt. We will do better Siri," she reassured

"Please don't get caught up in your family Allystar, I know they're your family but the death eaters want you. Always look out for yourself first,"

"Is that what you think our family phrase is? That we'll be sacrificial lambs for one another?" She asked him

"Well you always say 'i love you more than I love the moon always and forever' what am I meant to think?" Sirius asked cocking an eyebrow

"It doesn't mean we'll play the sacrificial lamb Siri. It means that we'll help one another when we need it most and encourage each other always. I think you've misinterpreted it," she explained

"I've never had that, up until I came here. Reggie and I were still somewhat close but once he heard I got sorted into Gryffindor it was the end for us." Sirius frowned

"It's not too late Siri, Reggie is good deep down. You just have to be willing to see it." She whispered

"I know he's with Caspian,"

"What?" Ally gasped — she knew it was all on the down low and very secretive, she had made sure not to tell anyone

"Honestly Ally, you really think I went to get Reggie one time and saw them cuddling in bed asleep with regulus running a hand through Caspian's hair subconsciously because they're friends? Please," Sirius chuckled

"You mustn't tell anyone Sirius, this could get regulus and caspian into a lot of trouble," she warned

"I won't my love, I just am glad that he's happy," Sirius acknowledged

"Me too," she smiled watching as Sirius finished his cigarette

"Shall we go back and party sweets?"

"Sirius, I'm sorry for our falling out. I just care too much about things and I never understand that I'm sacrificing bigger things,"

"I know, I'm sorry too. Your heart is what makes you so incredibly beautiful Alcyone, but you need to just take a breath and remember you dictate the path that your life takes so don't lead it with a big heart because people will take advantage of that," he smiled

He turned around and jumped down from the wall holding his hands out to Ally to help her down.

"I do love you Siri, you're one of my closest friends after Toby and Luke and Reggie and I want you to know I do deeply appreciate you,"

Sirius wrapped his arms tightly around the girl and ran a hand through her hair — ally was not happy because she'd told everyone explicitly not to touch the beehive but she was having a hug and that was all that mattered.

"I love you too sweetheart," he mumbled before pulling away and dragging her back up to the party

When they got back the monster mash was playing so Sirius dragged her straight to the dance floor so that she could dance with him. She saw Remus in the corner talking to Dorcas, ally felt a rush of jealousy run through her when she saw Dorcas and made comparisons between herself and her but what could she do other than trust Remus?

"Ignore her, she's always been after him since he turned her down for you," Sirius explained "will you sort your argument out with James?" He asked

"Not tonight Sirius, I'll talk to him tomorrow and it'll be fine," she said to which Sirius nodded

In the corner Remus saw Ally dancing with Sirius and he felt his heart flutter at how beautiful she had looked. He wasn't even listening to Dorcas' droning. If he was honest he had lost interest as soon as Dorcas started taking about how slender her legs were. Remus just didn't care, all he cared about was the brunette Hufflepuff girl who was dancing with his best friend.

Remus probably appeared rude as he excused himself to go to where Ally and Sirius were dancing but he couldn't wait any longer. He walked up behind her and spun her round before he placed a hand on her cheek and pressed their lips together.

Ally smiled and wrapped her arms around Remus' neck to which they started deepening the kiss. Sirius let out a loud cheer and shouted shots.

The two pulled away and then ally smiled pressing a small kiss to his lips once more.

"What was that for?" She asked with a smile

"You're just beautiful my darling, I needed to seize my moment before people thought you were up for the taking," he teased

"You have my heart Remus John Lupin," she smiled

"And you have mine Alcyone Estella-Nova Montague," he cooed

She smiled up and pressed a kiss to his nose, she truly was in like with the handsome Gryffindor in front of her.

***

Unedited

I'm posting this tonight bc I have a third date tomorrow and it's a brekky one!!

I hope you guys like this, I'm just finishing writing this act and then I'll be onto the war years which terrifies me!!

Please let me know your thoughts! See you next time rhi x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3M 143K 195
"Potter," Phoebe says curtly. James frowns and says harshly, willing the odd feeling he has to go away, "Griffin, all of that stuff still doesn't mak...
620K 22.5K 47
Estella Bennett had a seemingly simple life at first glance, aside from her bright pink hair and troublesome best friend. She was uncomplicated, a...
57.7K 1.8K 16
────────────────── .Λšα΅Žβ”Š π—Œπ—π—‹π–Ίπ—‡π—€π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ ⋆.ೃ࿔:ο½₯❝ π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘  π‘‘π‘œ π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘ , π‘“π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘’π‘›π‘‘π‘  π‘–π‘›π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘ , π‘‘β„Žπ‘’π‘› π‘ π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘›π‘”...
103 3 5
"if i'd known you'd leave forever, i never would've helped you disappear." in which the marauders think their sixth year will begin and end normally...