Within The Bonds

By nightlighe01

She is innocent They are manipulative She plays it safe They thrive in danger She likes her normal life ... More

Introduction
1: Brothers?
2: Mysterious Driver
3: Everyone's Home
4: Just Jet Lagged
5: Rules are for fools
6: Who Hurt You?
7: Panic Attack
8: Allergies
9: No Doctors
10: More Brothers?
11: One Long Day
12: Dinner Drama
13: Comfort
14: Shopping?
15: Bull's Eye
16: Flashback
17: First Day
18: Tryouts
19: Murdered
20: Security Team
21: Big Trouble
22: Who's Seb?
23: Haunting Past
24: Silence
25: Truth
26: Psych Psychologist
27: Permission
28: Tizan
29: Prank Time!
30: Jason
31: An Anagram?
32: Getting Down To Buisness
33: Memory Box
34: Fallon
35: Definition Of Annoyance
36: Monkey In The Middle
37: Dad!?
38: Dilemma
39: Cold Sweat
40: Rule Number Three
41: Closure
42: Floating Restaurant
43: Dreaming Of Mum
44: Toy War
45: Naming Ducks
46: Negotiations
47: The Family Rule
48: Face The Consequences
49: Their Office
50: Troubled Thoughts
51: Shell-Shocked
52: Straight Answers
53: Bugged
54: Achy Muscles
55: Hell Week
56: I'm Screwed
57: I Need To Get Help
58: Lisa Polisa
59: Clue 1
60: Uprooting Storm
61: Dream Or Reality?
62: A New View
63: Fourteen-Years-Ago
64: Couple Of Weeks Away
65: Improvise
66: UNO
67: Special Agent Louis
68: Crushy Crushy Crush
69: Details
70: Lemon Tart
72: You're Bossy
73: Cranberry Fruit Punch
74: We're Dead Meat
75: Not Your Damn Daughter
76: Candy Stripers
77: Connecting The Dots
78: I Need Air
79: Power
80: I Like You
81: The Todorov's & Volkov's
82: We've Got Company
83: Up The Tree
84: Rescue
85: Fallen In Place
Bonus Chapter 1
Bonus Chapter 2
Epilogue
The Sequel

71: Don't You Dare Finish That Sentence

12.8K 457 36
By nightlighe01

"You planning something, aren't you?" Logan states sounding it out as a question, a knowing look pasted on his otherwise impassive face.

I shrug innocently, "I don't what you're talking about," I mumble. Peeking into the kitchen to make sure the coast is clear; a sigh leaves my lips at my conclusion.

"Thanks, Ms. Jonas," I acknowledge, standing beside her as she places the now baked tarts on a tray.

"No problem Miss. You need anything else?" She asks, but I shake my head negatively. Nodding at my response she takes a step to the side giving more space to work.

"These need to cool down a bit more," I mumble to myself checking their temperature by touching the edge of the tarts with my fingertips.

Placing the tray carrying the tarts on the other side of the counter, I flop down on one of the many barstools. "I'm bored," I huff out, but I hear no comment from either of the people present in the room.

Pulling out my phone as my last resort, I scroll through my social media feed just as I stumble upon Alessandro's post causing my mind to subconsciously wander back to our conversation earlier as heat tinted the apple of my cheeks with a pink hue.

Fighting against the urge to grin like a love-stricken puppy, I close the app and try distracting myself with mindless games. Less than five minutes into the game, I sigh in boredom.

Jumping off my seat, I check on the tarts only to find them in the same condition I left them minutes ago with negligible change. "Why don't you just add the lemon curd and let it cool later?" Vector asks observing my frustrated behavior.

"Can't," I reply shrugging my shoulders. "Don't ask me why though," I quickly add as an afterthought. "Mrs. Blacksmith-my neighbor, taught me to make this and she always emphasized on letting the tart cool down to room temperature before adding the curd."

Placing my hand on the bowl full of lemon curd, I nod my head subconsciously. The bowl is still a bit warm, I observe. "I hate waiting," I grumble under my breath.

Leaving the two elements to cool down together, I exit the kitchen with my two shadows in tow. Instead of heading back to my room, I settle on heading down to the basketball court in the basement.

On my way down, I overhear some discussion about drinks and other arrangements-for the party, I'm guessing-but chose to ignore it...for now. Smirking to myself, I shake my head in dismissal and continue my walk to the court.

The familiar smell of freshness of the rubber mats permeates the air greeting me. The shiny luster of the flooring still very prominent, with a few dents on the floor displayed proudly like battle scars of an old soldier. And most importantly, the gym is void of any brothers, a not some common occurrence that I intend to take full advantage of.

"Those boys are in for this time," I catch Logan mumble to Victor, but I don't comment on it.

"Do any of you know how to play?" I ask craning my neck to the side with my eyes directed towards them.

Hesitance is clear in their demeanor, "come on, I don't want to play alone," I persuade.

"Sure," Logan agrees while Victor still looks unsure.

"Cool," I mumble, heading towards the stand and grabbing a ball.

"We are three of us," Victor points out as I chest-pass the ball to Logan, who catches it effortlessly.

"You can be our referee then," Logan suggests taking off his blazer and loosening the buttons on his sleeve.

Victor shifts his gaze to me for approval. "Fine by me," I shrug.

"Half-court or full?" I enquire with Logan who shrugs in response.

"Full court it is then," I conclude. "It's a mini court anyway," I add as an afterthought, shrugging my shoulders.

"Your court," he says passing the ball back to me, prompting me to start the game.

Stifling a smug smile, I nod catching the ball and moving to the end of the court. It takes me three minutes to shot my first basket and three and a half minutes to realize that he's going easy on me.

"You're going easy on me," I call him out immediately, yet he tries to deny the allegation.

"I'm not," he replies.

"Yes, you are. So, stop it and this time actually try to block my advance," I retort in a firm tone.

Hearing this he nods solemnly. The game continues comparatively for another thirty minutes or so, with him in the lead by two points. Panting, I flop down on the ground taking the bottle of water Victor offers me and gulping it down within seconds.

"Don't sit down immediately after running for so long," Logan advises, his tone lacing with firmness.

Nodding I get up and amble the length of the court to calm my racing heart, taking occasional sips from the bottle. "You've got good game," I compliment receiving a shrug in response.

With sweat trickling down my forehead, I finally slump back down on the rubber flooring for a few moments of rest. "You stink." A rather familiar voice remarks from behind me, making me instantly roll my eyes.

"Not as bad as you though," I counter tilting my head backward to meet his eyes-not moving an inch from my comfortable position.

"Your nose is blocked," Jack retorts.

"Whatever gets you through the day, brother dearest," I smile sweetly.

As I bring my head back to its normal position, I catch him rolling his eyes at my remark, but I don't comment on it. "Anyway, I need to talk to you privately for a minute," he demands, standing in front of me with just two long strides.

When I show no signs of moving, he gives me an annoyed expectant look-which I yet again opt to ignore. "I didn't hear a please in your sentence," I point out, having a pretty clear idea of what the topic of discussion is going to be.

"That's because I didn't add one," he retorts the annoyance in his tone growing by the second.

"You're not going to be polite, I'm not going to listen," I assert, fully aware that he needs my help this time and not the other way around.

Gritting his teeth in evident vexation, he sighs. "I need to talk to you privately for a moment...please." I bit my tongue to stop myself from laughing at his state.

"Now was that-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence," he warns, his expression comical. Raising my hands up in mock surrender, I decide not to push his buttons too far, because Jack's like a ticking bomb there is only so far, I'm willing to test his patience.

"What's up?" I ask as soon as he pulls us all the way to the other side of the gym.

"The ceiling. Now listen to me," he starts while I refrain from rolling my eyes at his initial response.

"You are not to get out of your room for the entire evening. I'll have Ms. Jonas bring your dinner to your room and after that I expect you to lock your door and go to sleep or do whatever shit you do."

"Hold up," I spot him from going on. Quirking a single brow in question he waits for me to speak. "Why exactly am I going to stay in my room for the entire evening?"

"Because you can't be down," he reasons curtly.

"Yeah, I got that. But why?" I prissiest.

"I have some friends coming over," he unwantingly divulges.

"So, why can't I come down?" I ask feigning cluelessness.

"Because it a 'seniors only' thing," he advocates.

"Well then have it in a 'seniors only' place," I counter plainly.

"Why are you being so difficult?" He grits out, clearly frustrated with our conversation. But I just shrug in response.

"Just name your price," he says giving up.

"Lindsey and I get to attend the party," I put forth my demand in less than a heartbeat.

His eyes narrow, "who said anything about a party?" He interrogates, with suspicion glistening in his blue orbits.

"I'm not stupid," I try covering my slip up.

He shakes his head, "it doesn't matter, because you are not attending," he concludes.

"Fine, I'll just ask Xavier for permission then," I reply well aware that Xavier has no knowledge about this party and Jack can't risk me telling Xavier. Not waiting for his reply, I turn on my heels and head back towards my bodyguards only to be stopped by Jack.

"You will do no such thing," he asserts.

"Then I get to attend," I negotiate. "And Lindsey gets to come too," I add quickly as an afterthought.

His eyes go blank as he goes into deep thought, while I stand there smugly with my arms crossed firmly across my chest. "Fine," he reluctantly agrees, making me squeak inwardly in excitement while I maintain a nonchalant exterior.

"But I have some rules," he adds swiftly.

"Of course, you do," I mumble under my breadth-no louder than a whisper.

"You and your little friend always stay together and in sight at all times," he starts listing out. "No wandering off to anywhere that isn't the living room."

I nod in understanding. "Anything else?" I enquire already knowing the answer.

"A lot more," he confirms slipping in and out of a spell of deep thoughts.

"Go on then." Flicking my wrist, I motion for him to continue.

"No alcohol. And I mean no alcohol, not even a sip, no matters who offers." Once again, I nod in understanding-the only verbal response is only reserved for Xavier and at times Noah.

"You're not wearing a dress of any sort." I can't help but snort hearing this.

"When was the last time you saw me wearing a dress?" I counter quirking a single brow upwards.

Realizing my point, he dismisses his point and moves on to listing the others. "No talking to anyone that isn't Lindsey," he asserts.

"What's the use of attending the party then, to drown in my own misery? I can do that in my room too, you know," I scoff interrupting him.

"That's your problem. Most of the guys attending are seniors, and I don't want you talking to them," he dismisses my objection.

"You know what Jack? Why don't you just write me a list of your rules, you know since my opinion on them doesn't really matter," I tell him walking back to the other two across the room.

"You sure this is a good idea?" Victor asks as soon as I'm within earshot range of him and Jack's out of the gym.

"Nope," I reply shrugging one of my shoulders while I used my other arm to lift the bottle of water to my lips.

"These parties can get pretty wild," Logan adds clearly not pleased with my decision of attending it.

"Oh, I'm counting on it," I murmur under my breath, stifling a smile that threatens to curve my lips.

"Anyway, how the heck did you hear our conversation from all the way over there?" I question before they have the time to comment on my remark, my thumb sticking out pointing towards the other end of the gym where Jack and I were standing a while back.

"We couldn't hear you," Victor denies. "But we are extensively trained in the art of lip-reading," he adds as an afterthought making me nod in understanding while also making a mental note of this.

"I'm still not comfortable with the idea of this party," Logan voices his opinion.

"How about this, you guys don't snitch on me to Xavier and you guys can tag along for the party. That way you know that there isn't any 'danger' and I get to have a good time," I propose.

"If we gauge even the slightest threat, we shut the entire thing down," Logan negotiates.

"Sure. But as for shutting the whole thing down, you will have to talk to Jack," I agree.

"I still don't have a good feeling about this," Logan mumbles making me a little nervous, but I don't let it show.

Author's Note:

Thanks for reading!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, let me know your thoughts in the comments and by your votes!

~Kia

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Unravelling By wee_me

General Fiction

447K 14.9K 63
Lily is happy with her life. She has a unique family that she can rely on as well as four great friends who support her - and vice versa. She doesn't...
My New Life By <3

Teen Fiction

1.8M 46.1K 137
Alexis whitmore is a 16 year old girl in sophomore year who is very happy, caring, troubling, loves to go out and a party girl. She loves to play bas...
1.3M 35.2K 68
~ongoing~ ~unedited~ After eleven year old Parker is faced with her stepfather's death, she has to move in with her five older brothers. Her newly...
1.7M 38.1K 62
Targeted by her real family consisting of 6 dangerous older brothers as the 14 year old Ariana Alvarez finds out her parents aren't her blood. Will t...