Chosen Ones

Por viper_ri

Percy Jackson is believed to have the best past out of the Seven. What will happen when they find out he does... Más

Disclaimer
A Not So Great Past
Thalia and Jason
Percy's Talents and Past
A/N
Umm
Questions
New Cover!!!!
The Fates Officially Suck
What The...
Unbelievable
Plain Sight
Thalia's Secrets
The Hearing Part 1
Hearing Part 2
A Trip to the Past
Arrival
Diagon Alley
The Dinner and Sorting
Common Room, Rules, + Extra Scene
Classes
Classes Part 2??
Sevvy is Mean
I am an Idiot- not any of the characters......me
Will(Ch.22)
New Power
A/N (IMPORTANT)
Daily Prophet
Quick A/N
Unexpected Promotion
Wimps, Centaurs, and Mini Cerberus's
#BLM
Tagged ( I hate this)
Fudging Trolls Man, Know What I Mean
Quidditch Nightmares
Love is Weird and Hermione is...
Pretentious Girls and Bickering Morons
Mirrors, Christmas, and Sticks
Flamel, Slytherins, Dragons, and 'Rats'
Sorry... A/N
New Book Cover!
Voldie Did What Now
Exams, The Plan, and Fluff
We All Know Who Is Right
Unknown End
New Cover!...Again
Epilogue

Whiners, Unicorns, and Glowy Hands

401 3 0
Por viper_ri

Song: "How to Save a Life" by The Fray

3rd POV

Harry went from most popular to most hated in the span of hours. No one has ever lost 150 points in one go. Even the Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs turned against him. Everyone wanted to see someone other than Slytherin win the house cups. The Quidditch game had put Gryffindor in the lead but with that lead gone Harry was out of luck. He asked Wood if it would be better to resign but Wood said that would make it worse because without Harry Gryffindor would have no Seeker.

Snape and Quirrell had another small disagreement in the hallway that made the group believe that 'Snape' got past the anti-dark force spells.

They had a week before exams were expected to start. Percy and Annabeth attempted to make Harry dive into a new resolution of not interfering in anything that didn't concern him. That obviously didn't happen.

Harry was walking back from the library on his own that afternoon, he heard somebody whimpering from a classroom up ahead. As he drew closer, he heard Quirrell's voice.

"No-no- not again, please"

It sounded as though someone was threatening him. Harry moved closer.

"All right-all right-" he heard Quirrell sob.

The next second Quirrell came hurrying out of the classroom straightening his turban. He was pale and looked as though he was about to cry. He strode out of sight; Harry didn't think Quirrell even noticed him. After he walked past Harry peaked into the classroom, it was empty but a door was ajar at the other end. He was halfway to it before he remembered his goal of not being nosy. Even with that, he would gamble twelve sorcerer's stones that Snape had just left the room, and from what Harry had just heard, Snape would be walking with a new spring in his step Quirrell seemed to have given in at last. Harry rushed back to the library to relay the information back to the group, Hermione included. They discussed talking to Dumbledore but unfortunately, they had no proof and how as going to listen to the word of a first year.

So now they had to go to detention, an hour before midnight, in the forbidden forest. Just great.

Will

At eleven o'clock, Ron, Harry, and I said goodbye to our friends and headed to the entrance hall, Filch and Malfoy waiting as they walked up.

"Follow me," said Filch, lighting a lamb and leading them outside. I bet you'll think twice about breaking a school rule again won't you, eh?" He spoke, leering at them.

***

We reached the edge of the forest, Hagrid waiting for us, Fang sniffing around near his feet. Harry and Ron let out a little sigh of relief, loud enough for Filch to hear.

" I suppose you think you'll be enjoying yourself with that oaf? Well think again, boys- it's into the forest you're going and I'm much mistaken if you'll all come out in one piece."

I was a little miffed at his jab. " Actually Mr. Filch we're relieved because Hagrid will keep us safe from the dangers of the Forbidden Forest you keep speaking about. If I remember correctly students are not to venture into the forest and yet here we are. So excuse me if we are relieved to have an 'oaf', as you say, to keep us from harm. I'm sure you wouldn't go into the forest without a giant to protect you either."

Filch growled slightly stepping closer to me. As he opened his mouth to spit out a reply Hagrid stepped between us.

"That's enough Filch, wander back to the castle would you," Hagrid's gruff voice cut through the tense air.

Filch grumbled under his breath, slowly treading back to the tower. Hagrid stared at all of us before turning and motioning towards the forest.

"I'm not going into that forest," Malfoy said, I was pleased to hear the panic in his voice and he inched away from the shadows.

"Yeh are if yeh want to stay at Hogwarts," Hagrid said.

Malfoy gulped and slowly started walking forward.

" Now listen close, 'cause it's dangerous, what we're doing tonight, I don't want no one taking risks. Follow me for a moment."

He led us to the very edge of the forest, in front of a giant black trunked tree. It looked like it was shining in the moonlight, different from its twin a few feet away.

"Look there," said Hagrid, " see that stuff shinin' on the ground and tree? Silvery stuff? That's-"

I cut him off horrified, "Unicorn blood!"

" Yeah, how'd you know?"

In truth, I sensed it using my healing abilities but what I told him was, "I want to be a healer when I graduate so I read a lot of books on both animal and human healing. This was in one of them,"

"Oh well, yes this is unicorn blood. There's a unicorn in there, bin hurt badly by the summat. This is the second time this week. I found one dead last Wednesday. We are going to and find the poor pony and hope it is still alive. If it isn't perhaps put it out of its misery."

I winced. Whenever a demigod was too injured to be saved and in a lot of pain we gave them a high level of sedation so they could go to Elysium in peace. I always hated that part of my job.

"We will split up into groups. Will and Harry go with Fang, Ron and Malfoy come with me. Just be warned Fang's a big baby he won't be any help in the forest. "

"But my father" Draco the whiny started, staring at the forest in dread.

"No buts Malfoy let's just go. Or would you like to join the other baby on your own,"

"Fine" he grumbled.

"if you find the unicorn send green sparks up into the air to let us know. If you get in trouble send red sparks. Keep your wands out, you'll need the protection,"

With that last thought, we separated.

We walked in silence eyes on the ground. Above us a ray of moonlight cast onto the leaves. Enlightening a dark silver pot on the leaves.

My face screwed up in worry. I have only seen a unicorn once. It was the middle of the giant war and I was taking a break from the chaos of the healers center. In the shadows, I spotted something moving. I thought it was a monster, so I slowly reached back and grabbed my bow along with an arrow. As I drew in back, slowly slinking closer, I got a better look. I dropped my bow in shock at what I was seeing. A beautiful female unicorn poked out from the trees, Mane flowing in the harsh wind, courtesy of Zephyr, god of the west wind. Its body glowing slightly purple. I knew that unicorns had existed at one point but many hunted them and they soon became endangered and many thought them to be instinct. When I first learned about this world I asked around. I mean if anyone was told that every story about monsters and creatures was real then who wouldn't ask about unicorns? If you didn't you're weird, but that's not the point. What I learned was that yes, unicorns existed but they don't appear very often. They grew afraid of humans and their terrible habit of killing them. I had asked Chiron why they wanted them. He told me that their blood could heal even if you're at the brink of death, but it comes at a terrible price. You have slayed something pure and defenseless to save yourself. You will live a cursed, half life from the moment the bloods stains you're lips. These animals stand for strength, wisdom, hope, and in some places gave you invincible protection and helps one get over fear and shed light on the right path to take. I recalled this information when I came face to face with one. I didn't approach, only stared at the rare sight. The unicorn stared right back, eyes twinkling. It glanced to the battlefield. I would have missed it hadn't I had my enhanced senses, a shimmer vaulted towards the field. It surrounded the demigods fighting for the gods, almost like a blessing. Looks like those stories of their skills were true. It turned its head back towards me. The unicorn ducked down slightly before turning and running tot he forest. I almost called for it but realized that this magnificent creature would not listen. I never understood why it showed itself to me, but I never told anyone about it. Figured keeping that a secret would be beneficial.

Now staring at the blood on the forest floor, I wondered if the poor injured unicorn in this time and place could do the same as the stories I'd heard.

" Hey Will?" Harry asked, keeping an eye out for the unicorn.

"What do you know about unicorns? You said you read about them. Why would someone or something want its blood?"

"Well, it is said that if you drink the blood of a unicorn it will heal you even if you're at the brink of death, but it comes at a terrible price,"

He gulped, "What the price?"

"You have slain something pure and defenseless to save yourself. You will live a cursed, half-life from the moment the blood stains you're lips."

"Touches lips, are you saying that you think a person did it?"

"Yes actually, I guess I am. No animal would even think of killing a unicorn. They are pure creatures and haven't done anyone harm. Some believe them to be defenseless but I think they simply have no reason to harm anything."

"So-" Harry froze mid-sentence.

"What?" I said looking in the same direction as Harry.

I gasped. Laying in the middle of a circle of trees was a very unicorn, with a shadowy figure leaned over it. Teeth sunk into its body. It hadn't noticed us yet, but the unicorn did. Its' eye pleading, asking for help. I broke out of my stupor and ran down the hill towards the unicorn.

"Get away from it! Get away from the unicorn you wretched thing!"

A pained cry rang out behind me. Was that Harry? I quickly glanced back but he was shaking his head running behind me

I heard crackles most likely originated from Harry's wand. To alert the other, smart.

The figure wiped away from the body as I came closer. I dropped on my knees inspecting the unicorn from head to feet. I rubbed its mane, attempting to calm its racing heart. Harry sat next to me.

"Is there anything we can do? Maybe Hagrid can help!"

I frowned, " No he won't get her in time, but I can help,"

" How you're a first-year like me?! We don't know any healing spells!" He shouted, frantic.

"I know more than you think Harry. "

I know I probably shouldn't be doing this, especially in front of Harry, but one of these poor things kind of helped me and my family once before, at least I think it did. I have to do everything that I can to help it, it's the law of a doctor.

I hovered my Hans above the wound, shutting my eyes. Harry began to speak but stopped when my hands started to glow. It got brighter and brighter until he shouldn't have been able to look at it any longer. Beneath the light the wound started closing, the dull mane of the unicorn slowly regain color, heartbeat leveling out. Information on its health flowed into my brain. It was a Grey mare, 2 years old, 15 hands, its name was Aksha and its' health stats were increasing. After a minute the glow died out and I fell back onto Harry. Aksha slowly rose from its horizontal position, rising to her feet. I tried to get up but was too exhausted to try.

"Will how-"

"My dad was an amazing healer and picked up some tricks from a powerful wizard in the U.S. This method is rare and not many can do it but he taught it to me before I came here, in case I ever needed it. It exhausts me. And Harry you can't tell anyone, it isn't a very appreciated skill no matter how it helps people."

He nodded still staring at the now glowing unicorn.

"Can you help me stand?"

Harry lifted me up, grunting from my weight. His arm went onto my shoulder, supporting me.

"Bow to her," I said lowly.

"What? " he questioned.

"She is a great creature we should bow,"

"Oh right,"

Together we bent our bodies downwards. Before we could bend completely I felt ahead nuzzling my face. I looked up to see Aksha rubbing her nose against my face I affection. Her eyes told me to rise, an invisible connection formed between us. I stared in awe as her horn shimmered and sent a wave of energy through the string. I felt my strength returning. Cautiously I straightened and shrugged Harry's hand off of me. He looked puzzled but saw the exhaustion slip from my face. The connection broke as all my strength return to me. I bowed once more and rubbed her neck, thanking her.

" How did you heal?"

" She did it, as thanks,"

"Wow,"

"Why don't you pet her?"

"You think she'll let me?"

"Yeah, she's calm and safe. They are pure, gentle creatures. Plus who doesn't like affection."

Harry smiled and slowly walked forward, staying in her eyesight. He reached out and patted her mane.

From the forest hoof, beats thundered through the forest. They sounded suspiciously like a centaur, I know from experience, but why would Chiron be here?

In front of us, a tall centaur with white-blonde hair and a palomino body appeared. So not Chiron but definitely a centaur.

"Are you both all right? I smelled unicorn blood and came to check it out. "

"We are ok, the unicorn is as well. A weird creature was attacking it but we scared it away." I said, a little apprehensive of the unknown centaur.

"Was it hidden in the shadows, cloaked, looks half-dead," the center asked.

" Yes actually, it was. And my head hurt as we came upon it," Harry said.

"Ah yes, young Harry Potter. You both better get back to Hagrid if that thing is around here. My name is Firenze by the way."

"How do you know Hagrid?" I questioned.

"We are old friends of sorts. Now potter do you know why the creature wanted the Unicorn?"

"Yes, I do. Will told me that its blood can heal but at a terrible price."

"That's right and what is hidden at your school at this moment?"

I furrowed my brows, how does the centaur know all this? Why is Harry just answering him without precaution?

"The Sorcerers Stone- Elixir of Life! But I don't understand who-"

"Can you think of nobody who has waited years to return to power, who has clung to life, awaiting their chance?"

Harry gasped, "Voldemort, that's why my head was hurting, he gave me the scar! But how did he come-"

"Some say he died, but as you can see that codswallop. Dunno if he had enough human in him to die,"

Behind us, I heard rushed footsteps. Fang came running with Hagrid, Ron, and Malfoy close behind.

"You found it!" Hagrid exclaimed, clambering down the hill." How is she letting you pet her?"

He didn't mention the centaur and when I turned to look for him he was gone.

"There was something trying to attack her, a shadowy, cloaked figure. We scared it off before it could hurt her."

I lied, attempting to keep my cover. I looked to Harry, he was nodded to my explanation. Good, he will keep my secret safe. Or at least what I told him.

" Amazing. She's a beauty ain't she"

I smiled, " yes she is,"

" Hagrid, do you know a centaur named Firenze?" Harry asked, I shot him a warning look. If Firenze left before Hagrid could see him there must have been a reason.

"Yes I do, why did you run into him?"

"Yes but he didn't stay for long, just came to check out what the sparks were. Left very quickly."

Ugh, this kid is so naive.

"Well, I know a little about centaurs and they aren't really allowed to interact with humans and tell them too much information about anything really. But I guess Firenze has always been different."

Chiron isn't like that, neither are the party ponies. Maybe they are a different clan or something. That does explain the disappearance though.

Hagrid's eyes shifted back to the unicorn, ending the conversation. The rest of us did the same

Everyone took turns petting the rare creature, even Draco. Anyone can appreciate beauty, even the whiniest, arrogant of people.

A/N- Unicorns man, am I right. As promised a chapter today. Maybe another one tomorrow who knows. Let me know your thoughts and I hoped you enjoyed it!

P.S- Aksha is of Hindu origin and means 'blessing of god' or just 'blessing'.

Peace-Out Demiwizards.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

836K 15.1K 41
Percy's life is great, until one of his best friends betrays him.He decides to leave camp with his true friends and meets Chaos. What happens when th...
13.9K 305 49
This may be your typical Percy Jackson fanfic. Before you start reading, be warned. The myths listed in this book are for the purpose of the plot onl...
478K 10.1K 25
Percy Jackson is broken. After the Giant War, Camp Half-Blood's protective barriers were destroyed, and he was the only one who escaped. He watched h...
100K 2K 35
Percy Jackson has always been brave, but is he brave enough to fight his way through Tartarus? When Percy falls into Tartarus, Annabeth must rally th...