Delaying the Inevitable

By spisovatelli

A fanfic story about Roronoa Zoro. Credits to Eiichiro Oda. Reminder: It is a fanfiction. If any of the chara... More

Calypso Is Her Name
Calypso's Safe Haven
Calypso's Last Smile In Her Hometown
Calypso's Time With Ace
Calypso's Hardest Decision
Calypso Has Forgotten
Calypso Meets The Strawhat Pirates
Calypso? No, It's Lana
Lana In Whiskey Peak
Lana In Whiskey Peak II
Lana, Please Deliver The Princess
Lana Has Been Recognized
Lana! Welcome To The Strawhat Pirates!
Lana In Little Garden
Lana In Little Garden II
Lana? A nurse?!
Lana Meets Wapol And His Crew
Lana On A Nameless Island
Lana's New Sensei
Lana Arrived At The Castle
Lana's new crewmate, Tony Tony Chopper!
Lana's coming to Arabasta
Lana's arrival in Arabasta

Lana in Arabasta, Nanohana City

140 6 2
By spisovatelli

"Well, we're finally here." says Nami as she and Lana were on their way in front of the ship, where Vivi is, who's clearly in deep thought.

"I'd tell you not to be too eager, but I guess that's asking for too much. But do you have a plan for stopping the rebellion?" Nami continued..

Vivi looked at them before nodding..
"I do have a plan.. But there's no guarantee it will make things stop."

Lana pats her shoulder wanting to let her know that they are here to help her.

Not too long they have reached the shores of Arabasta, in a city called Nanohana.

"So this is one of Arabasta's city.." Usopp.

"A desert city.. Wow.." says the fascinated Lana.

"Food!" Luffy exclaimed. His eyes set on the food he could eat.

"Listen guys! Use self-control and try not to act on instinct too much!" Nami reminded the group mostly Luffy.

Lana saw Luffy, wanting to go down the ship so she tried to clung onto him in hopes of stopping him..

"Hai Nami-san~!" Sanji

"The guy who needs to hear that the most is already gone." Zoro looked at Lana who's slumped on the ground due from stopping Luffy.

"FOOD PLACE!!!!" Shouted Luffy

"Man! The captain was too strong." Lana said as Usopp who's near her helped her stand.

"Get back here!!" Nami angrily shouted

"He's all instinct." Usopp

"What should we do?" Vivi asked.

"Don't worry." Sanji stood up the rail of the ship.
"Find where the most commotion is and he'll be there." He continued.

"You got that right." Usopp's over it with Luffy's antics.

"Ugh. I wish he'd atleast realize that he has a bounty on his head. Especially in a big country like this." Nami rubbed her forehead.

"Forget about him. Let him go wherever. Let's just eat first. We can think after that." Zoro said as he went down the ship followed by Chopper who's excited on his first island.

"They're really carefree huh.." Lana leaned on the rail.

"They're all the same." Nami murmured. Very annoyed at the carelessness of her crew.

"Karoo and I can't go with you." Vivi

"Eh?" Nami
"Huh? Are you not feeling good?" Usopp asked.

"I'm too recognizable here." Vivi

"That's for sure." Zoro

"Don't worry! I'll go shopping for you too, Vivi-chan!" Sanji said making Vivi smile.

All of a sudden Karoo squawked gathering the crew's attention.

"What is it?" Vivi asked

Karoo pointed on their right and not far from them is..
"Mr. 3's ship!" Vivi covered her mouth in shock. They thought they have defeated them.

"That creep didn't kick the bucket after all?!" Usopp

"Mr. 3.. The wax man.. right?" Lana asked.. and Nami nodded.

"There's no doubt about it! His ship runs on the power of his Wax-wax Fruit!" Vivi

"Ohh.. There are ships like that?" Lana wondered.

"The bastard's here?" Sanji

"This is bad. He's seen our faces." Zoro

"It's alright! I have an idea!" Usopp suggested in confidence.

Everyone went off the ship.. Well not everyone. They are waiting for Usopp and his so called plan.

Just then he stood in the rail and raised a big cloth in his hands.

They all face palmed when they figured out what his plan is.

Zoro, Lana, Nami, Vivi, Usopp and Karoo were inside the cloth crouching as they walk.. meanwhile Sanji and Chopper, who's transformed into a regular looking deer, walked freely beside them. Perks of not meeting the enemy.

"There's no telling where he is, so we have to move without standing out." Usopp whispered as they walk through the city.

"I think we're standing out quite a bit.." Nami

Well she's not wrong.. A cloth walking surely would get some looks from the people.

They found a ruined building just by the edge of the city and decided that it could be their hideout.

"Alright! You can come out guys!" Usopp announced but he's the only one left behind on the cloth.

"We've been long out." Zoro said as he crosses his arms.

"Looks like nobody noticed us!" Usopp

"If so, that is a miracle." Nami sighed.

Lana glanced at the princess who seems gloomy.

"Vivi-san.. we're safe from view for a little while now. Is there something wrong?" Lana asked but she didn't get an answer.

Everyone looked at her.
"Vivi-chan?" Sanji called

"Yes?! Yes? You were saying?" startled Vivi

"What's wrong?" Lana went beside her.

"I'm sorry, I just felt a little relieved so..At the very least.. from what I've seen of this town, things still seem all right.. I probably can't rest easy but I think I'll make it in time."

"Yeah. It does seem like a peaceful town." Nami

"Oi Vivi. You said you had a plan for stopping the rebel army, right?" Zoro asked and Vivi nodded.

"What will you do now? What should we do?" He asked again.

"Eh?" Vivi's not sure what he's saying.

"If you think you're gonna make it in time, it'd be better to act quick." Zoro

"Th-that's true, but the agreement was only to bring me to Arabasta--" Nami knocked Vivi's forehead stopping her from nonsense.

"Come on now! Are you still saying that?"

"Nami-san.." Vivi touched her forehead.

"We traveled this far together, we can't just leave you now." Nami continued

"Yeah, Vivi! Don't act so distant!" Usopp

"Plus, I'm interested in this Warlord of the Sea!" Zoro

"You don't have to mention that!" Nami shouted at Zoro then turned to Vivi..
"Anyways, stop thinking that way!"

"Not to mention people are out to kill all of us but me." Sanji said in confidence.

"And besides, if this country gets destroyed, we won't get out reward for bringing you here. Understand?" Nami threatened.

"Y-yes." Vivi answered

"Very scary Nami-san." Lana rubbed her arms, getting chills from Nami's threats.

"Very good, then!" Nami grinned

"Go to hell!" Zoro murmured.

"Thank you Zoro! I haven't forgotten about your debt to me either!" Nami smirked at Zoro

"Wh-Why you--!" Zoro really wanted to hit her right now!

"Even if I'm a ghost I'll still come for my money!" Nami

"You lousy--!"

"Ohhh.. Roronoa-san's got that kind of reputation huh.." Lana tried to sound disappointed and looked at Zoro with such disgust.

"O-oi! I'm not!!" Zoro was beyond annoyed at this point.

Usopp tapped Lana's shoulder.
"Oi. Stop fueling the fire." He said.

Lana chuckled. She only wants to get back at the swordsman who always teases her.

"It's 400,000 behli!" Nami announced

"It's gone up!" Zoro

"It'll go even higher if you're not quick to repay!" Nami teased winking at Lana who just giggled.

"Oi Usopp! Say something!" Zoro asked help from Usopp

"Forget it!" Usopp said, not wanting to get caught

"Nami-san is in the right!" Sanji joined in.

"I can't believe you're like that Roronoa-san.." Again Lana looked at him as if she's very disappointed in him.

There's no saving Zoro beyond this point. And thanks to that they had a good laugh.. Removing Vivi's worries.

"So what's your plan?" Lana asked going back to their conversation earlier.

"Northwest of this city is an oasis called Yuba. That's where the rebel army is based. I'd like to go there first to stop the uprising.." Vivi

"But to get there, we'll have to cross the desert. For that, we'll need to stock up on the necessary food and water here.. but if Mr. 3 is in town .." She continued.

"Oh, in that case, it's no problem. He hasn't seen my face." Sanji smirked.

"That's right! You've met almost none of them so far!" Nami

"And one other.." Zoro said looking at Chopper.

"Oh yeah! Chopper, too!" Lana

"That'll be perfect. We'll have a lot to carry. I'm counting on you!" Sanji

Chopper nodded..
"Got it!"

"Hey, now. You gonna be okay?" Usopp's worried for Chopper.

"I'll be okay! I wanna do what I can!" Chopper then transformed into a regular deer.

"There's no problem like this, right?" he asked.

"Yosh!! Now that's a human reindeer!" Usopp commended with a thumbs up!

"In that case, your help is appreciated." Vivi

"Leave it to us!" Sanji

"I've listed everything we need. Oh, and we'll need some clothes, too." Vivi added

"Clothes?" Sanji

"Ordinary clothes so we won't stand out."

"And perfume!" Nami added

"Hai Nami-san!" Cheered Sanji

"Food and water!" Zoro

"Tabasco" Usopp

"Who cares about you." Sanji ignored the two.

Usopp looked at Lana for help.. She understood what he meant. Since Sanji is more favourable of women than men. She does not get why but that's what he is. And she respects that. And sometimes being favoured by him is fun especially with the food!

"Chef Sanji! Food, water and Tabasco pleaseee!" She cheered

"Ofcourse Lana-chan!!" Sanji cheered back! Usopp looked at Lana with adoration and gratefulness.

"Still.. where could that idiot be, and what is he doing?!" Nami pertaining to their Captain.

Luffy, in search of food got lost in the desert and actually went pass the city.

After Sanji and Chopper left, the remaining bunch stayed and did nothing.

Zoro ofcourse decided to lay down the sand and sleep.

"Nami-san.. Can't we have a look around of the city? Just near here.." Lana for the 5th time, asked.

"Like I said before. No!"

"Luffy is already lost. We can't afford to lose another one of us."

"Why do you say that like he's already dead. Anyways I'm not going that far.."

"I said No!"

Lana sighed. She doesn't want to anger Nami more than she already is.
So she decided to poke at the swordsman.

"Zoro. Ey Zoro." She said, poking on his cheeks.

"What?!" He grumbled.

"Nothing.. Go to sleep." She teased

"Dammit woman!" Zoro shouted annoyed earning some giggles from the crew.

She let the swordsman alone as she decided to just play with Karoo.

It has been hours and finally! Sanji and Chopper came back.

Nami took the bag of girl clothes from Sanji then dragged Lana and Vivi somewhere hidden to change.

As Nami makes sure that the room they found is safe, Lana took out the clothes from the bag.

"Uhm.. Are these.. uhh. clothes?" She asked as she examine the said clothes. It was a bit unusual than what she would wear, one it was very bright and colorful, two, it's very revealing but it would really cool them down. She has no complaints or whatsoever, it was just a bit different for her.

"And they're beautiful! Come on! Wear yours! I'll help you!" Nami said as she began stripping the helpless Lana.. Vivi only watched them, unsure of what to do.

After Nami's done with Lana, she proceeded to wear hers too. They let out a few giggles, seeing them in a different kind of clothing.

They went out back to the group who's busy eating.
'If Captain didn't left he would've been eating right now. I hope he's filling his stomach right now.' Lana thought

"I like these kind of clothes!" The ever so confident Nami said.

"I know I asked you to shop for us Sanji-san, but aren't these outfits for dancer girls?" Vivi

"Come now, They look marvelous on you guys!" Sanji scream with evident heart in his eyes.

"I'm not so sure about this Chef Sanji.." Lana said as she came into their view, fixing her veil.

Everyone glanced at her but were stunned at her beauty. The way the fabric fitted in her body and her hair up twirled into a bun with some accessories. She looks like a goddess!

Zoro knew she was beautiful, but seeing her in a different outfit, she made it possible to be more beautiful than before. He doesn't really appreciate beauty in a woman because for him, they look the same. But Caly was different, she's pretty in his eyes everytime. And now, seeing her lookalike, he appreciated her beauty. Just because he thinks that Caly would really look that good if she wore that outfit too..

Even Chopper and Usopp were mesmerized by her. Sanji got a nosebleed for being satisfied with himself. He did intentionally picked those kind of clothes thinking it would look good on them, but he didn't expect that they would look THAT good!

"Nonsense, You look great!" Nami praised Lana. She looked at Zoro and smirked, a very smitten Zoro.

"I asked for commoner's clothes though." Vivi

"Dancers are commoners too!" Sanji defended

"But we're going to cross the desert..."

"Don't worry! If you get tired, I'll carry you!" Sanji

"There's no getting through to him.." Vivi gave up.

"But compare to them, you two clearly looked like bandits." Sanji said to Usopp and Zoro, which by the way, still staring at Lana.

"How are you different?" Zoro asked as he recovered and just continued eating meat. He glanced at Lana again and blushed when she looked back at him. He ignored it and looked away, distracting himself with the meat.

"Chopper, what're you doing?" Usopp asked. Chopper was laying down on the sand and covering his nose with his hooves.

"The smell is killing me.." He answered

"That reminds me, where did you wander off to?" Sanji asked, apparently when they went off shopping, they have separated.

"Various places!" Chopper

"Is he not feeling good?" Lana asked

"Oh, the perfume's gotten to him." Sanji explained.

"Perfume?" Lana

"Oh right! Tony-kun has a sensitive nose!" Vivi

Lana smelled herself..
"Oh this.."

"Some of it can be rather strong." Vivi

Nami smirked and took out the perfume then sprayed more to herself.
"Like this?"

"STOP!!" Chopper screamed! It was torture to his nose

"Mellorine love into the abyss!" Sanji shouted, declaring love again to Nami

"What are you, an idiot?" Zoro said making Sanji mad.

"Very cruel Nami-san" Lana said making Nami mad..

"In any case, we've accomplished our first goal of gathering supplies!" Usopp changed the topic before things get heated up.

"Yeah.." Vivi answered. Everyone's attention were now on them.

"We're going to a place called Yuba, was it?" Nami asked.

"Yes, but first is a trek through the desert. It will likely be much more difficult than you imagine right now. There's no telling what might happen. One wrong step in this burning land, and there's no guarantee you'll survive." Vivi explained.

Lana gulped. This past few days, their adventures has been fun but dangerous at the same time. But somehow she thinks, this one's different, maybe stronger than the stormy seas she faced.

But she chose to be a part of them, so she has to commit. Live or die, she will do whatever it takes to help Vivi.

"I'm still a little uneasy and unsure about taking you to such place, but I want to return peace to this kingdom! So I.. so I ask you again... Everyone! Please lend me your help! I beg of you!" Vivi ended her big speech with hope and fear.

"You finally said it.. We've been waiting for it!" Nami smiled and said with a thumbs up and a wink.

"There's no telling what happens on the sea, either. Right, Vivi-chan?" Sanji

"Yeah! It'll be no different from before!" Zoro said after standing up

"I can't wait to see the desert." Chopper said to Karoo who's beside him.

Lana pats Vivi's shoulder and gave her a smile that comforted Vivi, no words needed.

"Alright, guys! Whaddya' say we get going to Yuba now?!" Usopp said also standing

"Yeah!" They all cheered, raising their branded arm.

"Everyone..." Vivi said touched..

"Don't we seem to be missing someone?" Lana wondered..

It took 5 seconds before they realized..

"Luffy!?"

"That idiot!" Nami swears.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.8K 713 30
This story is about a Young girl named y/n who lost their parents in a terrible ship wreck, At least that's what she was told. Soon after she reali...
342K 9.1K 57
There's a legend circulating around the world and no one believes it could be true. A legend about someone with the powers of every single Devil Frui...
31.5K 921 29
📌[ STORY ON HOLD ] Upon getting possibly one of the rarest Devil fruit to exist, how will this girl use her newfound abilities in this Great Pirate...
2.7K 86 11
This is life for every person who has a specific time to live, but sometimes life is unfair in estimating lifespans. Evil people take longer lives t...