Kira and Jared [Historical Ro...

By EstherAshar

After watching me struggle to his heart's content, he gripped my neck and started choking me. Then he began t... More

✍️Prologue
✍️INTRO: The emperor's bastard
✍️Jordan
✍Runaway daughter
✍Prince Edrin
✍The unexpected
✍One last time
✍First wedding night
✍I'm sorry, Kira
✍The Verhamian Princess
✍The verdict
✍Tragedy
✍The truth
✍Revived
✍Maybe this is our chance to be happy
✍Jared's hearing
✍Revenge
✍Meeting Victor
✍A sick twist
✍️Our only hope
✍️The blacksmith
✍️The secret tunnel
✍️The countdown
✍🏻War
✍🏻I played with fire and got burned
✍🏻The purple tree
✍️King Dexter's letter
✍️Jared
✍️High-risk pregnancy
✍🏻Her caregiver
✍️Vena, daughter of Vethruk
✍️Kira's rival
✍Stay a bit longer
✍Grayson Vanderhall
✍Brave
✍Grief
✍Power-hungry
✍Grayson's daughter
✍Osiris
✍Nightmare
✍Regrets
✍Soulless
✍Breathe no more
✍Her return
✍Our secret place
✍Their love story
✍Rebels
✍Maybe
✍Jaeigh
✍Third wedding night
✍️Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE

✍Second wedding night

1.5K 78 4
By EstherAshar

   Back in the cottage, Kira tried to come up with ways to save Jared, she even made plans to go to the capital herself to rescue him as a last resort.
Jared's trusted men, about seven of them were with her and they each brought in their suggestions.

"There is a tunnel underground that leads to the castle from the Kabekian cave". Said Hector, a soldier who has fought beside Jared.

" Kabeka is too far from here, can we get there before midnight?" Asked Kira.

"No My Lady". He replied.

" It's worth a shot, send word through the raven to our allies in the castle to delay the execution through any means necessary".

"Yes my lady". Replied Hector.

It was clear that Jared knew the consequences of going back to the capital and he prepared for it. He had requested that his men help take Kira out of the kingdom for her safety.
But she refused to leave knowing that his life was in danger.

Suddenly the door was pushed open and Hector ran inside with a panicked look.

" What's wrong?". Asked Kira.

"He is here, my Lady".
He replied, breathing heavily.

" Who is here? ". She enquired.

" Prince Edrin". Hector responded.

"What?"..
Everyone in the room was shocked and worried. How did he find out? They wondered.

Just then, Edrin walked right through the door, all alone.

Kira could not believe that she was staring him right in the face after everything that happened between them.

" What do you want?". She asked.

"To talk with you, alone". Edrin replied.

Kira gestured to the men to leave. After they have left, Edrin walked to where she stood. Looked her straight in the eyes with no emotions whatsoever.

" How did you know about this place?". She asked. Expression equally stoic.

"I have always known". Replied Edrin.
She kept quiet for him to explain further.

"Jared is my brother, after all, it is my duty to keep an eye on him. I knew he faked his death, I mean come on, a great warrior like him, 'Jared the terror' to just die like that? No struggles, no fights, just fire? That's impossible. So I kept watching. My men told me they saw him carry you from the river, they also saw him take to you to Hechfaa. I knew you were safe and I was relieved. But I was also afraid".

"Afraid of what?". Kira who had been listening quietly asked.

"That you two would get back together".

" Like you care". She scoffed.

"Of course I care, You are my wife! Why would I want to see you with any man much less my brother".

" I am not your wife anymore, you made sure of that ". She argued back.

He heaved out a frustrated sigh, then turned his back...
" I can save him". He finally said.

"What? That is great..."

"On one condition",
with his back still turned on her.

"Wh what condition?" Kira asked. A little worried about what he would say next.

"Come back to me".
He said, then turned to face her again.

"Give yourself to me here and promise to be my wife again, and I will save Jared's life".

"How dare you make that ridiculous demand? I hate you Edrin and I can never allow you to lay your filthy hands on my body. And as for being your wife, the first time was not good for me, why would I make the mistake of going again. Isn't Jared your brother? Why would you make such a demand from me just to save your own brother?!"... Her blood was almost boiling at this point.

" Jared may be my brother, but that doesn't mean I want him alive either, I will ask you one more time, do you accept?".

"Why does it always have to be threats with you Edrin? Fine I accept. But I will only give you what you want when you set Jared free".

" I won't set him free, someone will be executed. But not Jared". Edrin explained.

"But why kill an innocent man for that?". Kira asked

" He is no innocent man, he is one of the prisoners... A rapist and a cold-blooded murderer, I'm sure no one will miss him much. Now I will take my leave, but you are expected to be at the castle before noon tomorrow. I want to announce our second wedding".
He kissed Kira on the lips and walked out of the cottage.

Kira felt very disgusted, all the nights of terror came back to her.
But this time, she knew what she was going for. Now that she has nothing to live for, no one can make her feel worthless.

"For every tear I shed, every member of the royal household will shed double as well as their blood. I will make them all pay".

She began to hatch a plan in her heart to get revenge on those who hurt her, starting with Edrin and last but not least, the Verhamian Princess, Beatrice.

The execution took place at dawn, the man's head was covered and no one saw his face. They all believed it to be Jared.

When Edrin told his father about his plan, King Grayson objected but for his son's sake, he agreed to help him.
Edrin did not know about his father's secret agenda, but like the both of them agreed, no one will find out that Jared wasn't the one being executed. Not even Minister Franklin.

During the time of the execution, the real Jared was being taken out of the kingdom in a carriage containing food items. After they made it past the Verthonian border, he chose to go live in a small village in the Aakhian Empire.

He was told about the deal Kira made with Edrin to save his life and he understood perfectly well why she did it. Maybe they weren't destined to be together. Maybe God had other plans.

His close friend Kade wanted to go with him, but Jared convinced him otherwise. They may never meet again.

Life is funny at times, one second it is smiling at you, the next, it teaches you a lesson.
But in all, God be praised.

Later that morning, Kira was carried back into the capital like royalty, Prince Edrin had sent the royal carriage as well as some dresses and jewellery, everything that would make her look exceptional.
The Queen and Princess Beatrice were also made to stand at the entrance to welcome her.
When the carriage arrived, Prince Edrin went to open its door for her, and as she stepped out, everyone was mesmerized by the new glowing radiance she emitted.
She looked so much like royalty without being related to them, at least not yet.
There was something about her, was it because she died and came back to life? No, it was her confidence, it added to her elegance.
She had already seen death, there is nothing more that she can fear.

She was led by Prince Edrin to be introduced to the royal family once again.
She bowed and greeted the King who was looking at her with a facial expression she couldn't fathom.
The Queen who of course gave her a degrading look, but there was a little something else on her face, almost undetectable, shame.
The Verhamian Princess's only way of greeting was to flaunt her three months old baby boy in Kira's face. Kira knew exactly what Beatrice was trying to do, but she couldn't care less. She kissed the head of the baby boy in Beatrice's arms much to everyone's surprise.

A banquet had been thrown to celebrate her return. The people were overjoyed to know that she survived, even some people came from Konland to show their happiness.
'Bloody two-faced hypocrites'. Kira said to herself, but Edrin heard her.

Wedding preparations had already been made, the only thing remaining was the bride, which wasn't a problem the moment Kira walked into the large hall in her white wedding gown. It was no déjà vu, for it had happened before.
Everyone else plastered a smile on their faces, be it real or fake, including the nobles. For they were too ashamed to look her in the eyes.
After the wedding ritual was completed, the reception began.
Kira felt sad because the last time this happened, her parents were with her. But that was no time to get teary-eyed or show weakness
.
To her greatest surprise, someone special also attended the wedding.
"Bianca!". Kira was overjoyed to see her old friend. She knew Bianca was not even in the Kingdom when all those unfortunate events happened and she held nothing against her.

"Kira! I thought I'd never see you again. this feels like a dream my friend".

After exchanging pleasantries, they talked about serious things. Bianca told Kira the good news,
" I'm getting married!!".

"Oh my God! Congratulations Bee, who is the lucky man?"

"I met him while I was away in Anthoeron, a fine young man I must add".

" I know you don't settle for less". Said Kira.
They laughed, remembering the good old days.

"Look there, Kira". Bianca pointed in a certain direction with her eyes. Kira followed, turning her head in the direction Bianca pointed at.

Over at the same place the Verhamian Princess and Queen Violet were standing, Kira's old friend now arch-nemesis, Lila also stood.
She was dressed beautifully, as one of the nobles.

" I heard Princess Beatrice plans on making her Prince Edrin's courtesan. That girl is so shameless". Bianca with a hateful look glared at Lila, Lila caught them looking at her and she frowned at Kira, then looked away.

Kira knew that Lila was just a pawn for the Verhamian Princess.
"She will get a taste of her own medicine soon". She said to Bianca.

"Amen to that". Cheered Bianca.

Soon, the guests started leaving...the party was over.

***

The second wedding night:

This time, there was no fear. Kira stood by her window, she had been given a different, more comfortable chamber.
She looked out through the window, down at the beautiful city, the night lights making it appear like a cluster of fireflies from up where she was.

  Suddenly, the door was opened, it startled Kira a little, but she was not afraid. For she knew what was going to come next.
Footsteps were heard coming from the door and down to the bed, then the sound grew louder and closer until she felt warm hands on her back.

He brought his face to her neck and took a deep breath...
" You smell so good "
He began to massage her shoulders.

It was soothing in a way, but she had to recover from that fickle feeling.
" You are not drunk tonight? ". She asked in a mocking voice.

" I get drunk if I want to forget. Tonight, I want to savour every single second, every touch, every kiss and every warmth". Edrin replied.

"Your beloved wife will not like that". She said, still looking down at the city.

" She may be my wife, but she is not my obsession. She does not drive me crazy like you do, every time I see you".

"That wasn't what you used to say, Prince Edrin".

" I was stupid, but now I know what you mean to me and no Verhamian Princess can change my mind".
He forcefully turned her to face himself. "Now that I have you with me again, I'm not letting you go".
He seized her lips with his and entangled their tongues in a very sensual kiss, showing her how much he meant every word he just said.

A few minutes later, Kira pushed him away. "You're a terrible kisser, Prince Edrin". She stated rather than teased.

" Did Jared kiss you better?". Edrin asked, hurt evident in his eyes.

"I don't need to be kissed by anyone else to know a bad kisser, Prince Edrin". She argued back.

" He kissed you and you liked it. I know you love him, I know you wish he was in my place right now. But it's okay. I have accepted that I had let you slip off my hands and now I will have to face the consequences for the rest of my life".

She shook her head in disagreement. "It goes way beyond--"

"I know, I know you both loved each other. Back then you only knew him as Jordan".

Kira's eyes grew wide in surprise but she quickly recovered her emotions. Yet she said nothing and Edrin continued,
"I just want to have you with me. I have accepted that I will never own your heart, but can you let me have your body?".

"Do I have any other choice"? Questioned Kira rather rhetorically.

"No". Replied Edrin.

" Very well then, I'm all yours, Prince Edrin of Verthona".

As if that was all he was waiting to hear, he lifted her in the air and carried her to the bed.
This time, he did not impose anything on her. Taking his time and making sure to give her the best of himself, pleasuring her to the core until all she could do was scream his name. Kira had never seen this side of him before. If she had, maybe she would have fallen in love with him a long time ago.
After a very long night of hateful passion and sexual satisfaction, they both fell asleep in each other's arms. Edrin who was fast asleep held tightly onto his beautiful new bride.

"I love you". She heard him say in his sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

512K 21.2K 59
*This is not your typical romance. My characters are deliciously wicked anD unrepentant. This book features very mature content that includes sex w...
303K 18.2K 49
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS BEAUTIFUL CHAOS - same story, NEW TITLE! |2022 Wattys Shortlist| When a demon princess and a human man collide, it is beautiful...
13.8K 556 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
44.7K 731 61
𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆: 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐑𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄, 𝐃𝐑𝐔𝐆𝐒, 𝐀𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐇𝐎𝐋, 𝐖𝐄𝐀𝐏𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒, 𝐕𝐈𝐎𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 ...