Kira and Jared [Historical Ro...

By EstherAshar

After watching me struggle to his heart's content, he gripped my neck and started choking me. Then he began t... More

✍️Prologue
✍️INTRO: The emperor's bastard
✍️Jordan
✍Runaway daughter
✍Prince Edrin
✍The unexpected
✍One last time
✍First wedding night
✍The Verhamian Princess
✍The verdict
✍Tragedy
✍The truth
✍Revived
✍Maybe this is our chance to be happy
✍Jared's hearing
✍Second wedding night
✍Revenge
✍Meeting Victor
✍A sick twist
✍️Our only hope
✍️The blacksmith
✍️The secret tunnel
✍️The countdown
✍🏻War
✍🏻I played with fire and got burned
✍🏻The purple tree
✍️King Dexter's letter
✍️Jared
✍️High-risk pregnancy
✍🏻Her caregiver
✍️Vena, daughter of Vethruk
✍️Kira's rival
✍Stay a bit longer
✍Grayson Vanderhall
✍Brave
✍Grief
✍Power-hungry
✍Grayson's daughter
✍Osiris
✍Nightmare
✍Regrets
✍Soulless
✍Breathe no more
✍Her return
✍Our secret place
✍Their love story
✍Rebels
✍Maybe
✍Jaeigh
✍Third wedding night
✍️Epilogue
AUTHORS NOTE

✍I'm sorry, Kira

1.7K 89 2
By EstherAshar

'Jordan?'
Are my eyes playing tricks on me? No, it can't be.

I was brought out of my train of thoughts when I heard clapping and cheers.

There was an even louder noise when the Verthonian soldiers marched into the grand hall, family members of each of them ran to hug them. It was an emotional moment.

After thirty minutes of happy and sad noises from the crowd. They went silent again bringing their attention back to the two powerful men standing before them.

Jared was a lot taller than King Grayson, that must mean he is taller than Edrin. He wore a black leather vest over a white plain shirt with leather trousers and boots. His brown hair was dishevelled and there was a scar on the left side of his face that seemed to have been from the cut of a sharp sword.
That was when I remembered all those numerous scars I saw on him.

King Grayson continued his speech,
"For those of you from other Kingdoms, who are children or who have been living under a rock, This man is my son, 'Jared the terror' like he is called by many".

Loud cheers were made by the soldiers for their leader. When they finished, the King continued.

"Five years ago when the Dharik rebels terrorised our people, attacking the natives of the villages close to the border, they killed the men, raped the women and took the children as slaves as we all know. Even our bravest warriors were afraid of them. Their leader, 'Vethruk the terror' was a fearful man, like fire, he destroyed everything he touched, Feared by all who knew him. But my son here volunteered to lead the fight against the rebels. When he got to their camp, he challenged Vethruk to one on one combat and won. It was the Dharik tradition that whosoever defeated their leader would take on his title. That is how he became 'Jared the terror'. He arrested every member of the Dharik and those who refused to pledge allegiance were executed.  That was the end of the rebels."

A thunderous round of applause could be heard as the King embraced his son.

"Father, you embarrass me each time you tell this story, I wouldn't have done it without my loyal and trusted men. I am just glad that I can serve my country in the little way I can, and I promise to do more if the need arises in the future".

Another round of cheers and applause that was almost deafening grew from the spectators.

"My son, I have a confession to make, this party is not just to welcome you, I was hoping you would get to mingle with some of the young ladies around, maybe we can hear wedding bells next month".

I saw some girls in the corner including Edrin's mistresses practically swallowing him whole with their eyes and smiling at him while fixing their provocatively worn dresses, how desperate. I rolled my eyes at that.

"Thank you for the thought father but I do not want to get married".

"But why?".
His father asked, shock evident in his voice.

"I will always choose my duty to protect my country over any woman"...
when he said these words, his eyes found their way to mine. There were many emotions that I could not read but I saw the sadness in his eyes and then, just like that, his expression went stoic again.

Why did Jordan lie to me, is his name even Jordan. It's Jared apparently, and not just any Jared, the King's other son! Oh God is this some kind of test? I will have to talk to him.

I was standing with my husband as some nobles were coming to exchange greetings and talk about things I had no interest in. My eyes were fixed on him, Looking more handsome than I remember, he tried not to look in my direction but I could see from the corner of my eye that he stared only when I looked away. I just wish we could get some alone time so I can ask him all the questions I needed answers to, hopefully, he'll give me an answer this time.

He began walking in my direction and my heartbeat increased with every step he took, I still loved him.

When he finally came in front of me, he said,
"Good evening brother".
Uh, what? Oh, He came for Edrin and not me.

"What do you want Jared?"
My husband rudely answered.

"Is it a crime to greet my brother?"

"Yes it is, especially when your brother has no interest in talking to you"

Jared gave him his signature smile but I acted like it didn't affect me.

"After coming face to face with death multiple times, I must have become more daring to do what I'm not supposed to do, don't you think? Won't you introduce me to your wife?"

Hearing him say the word 'wife' made me realise, he is my brother-in-law. I'll have to see him for the rest of my life yet have nothing to do with him. My consolation was that he doesn't want to get married, at least I won't see him with another woman. But what if he changes his mind?!

"Ah yes, my beautiful wife..."
Edrin wrapped his cold, disgusting arm around my waist, pulled me close and kissed me passionately in front of his brother, I felt used, how dare he kiss me like that when he treats me like a piece of trash.
After a minute of an uncomfortable tongue licking from my husband in front of the man I love, he ended the torture. Then turned back to his brother.

"Meet my dearest wife Princess Kira. My beloved, this is my stupid brother 'Jared the thief', whose only desire is to get everyone's attention"

Jared laughed at Edrin's careless words. They had no resemblance for twin brothers, not even physically.

"I see you haven't changed much even after getting married". Jared mocked.

"Shut up or else I'll create a scene, let's go, Kira!"...
Edrin dragged me along until we were back in our chamber.

After locking the door, he slapped me hard across the face, that was not the first time he took out his frustration on me.

" I saw the way you were looking at him, do you like him?! Tell me?!"

"How can you ask me that? How did I look at him?!"...
I yelled with tears in my eyes as holding the side of my face he just hit.

"Listen to me and listen good you whore, stay away from my brother! He has taken everyone away from me, I don't want him to take you too. Keep your distance from him".

"You are feeling insecure aren't you? Well you can't tell me whom I should or shouldn't talk to, you're my husband not my master".

"If I see you with him, your parents will suffer for it, stay in the room!".
Just like that, he stormed off, leaving me in a confused state.

I will have to see Jared one way or another, I need to know.

I dressed in a simple outfit and put on a cloak over myself so no one could recognize me. Off I went unto the hallway to find him. Luckily for me, I saw him talking to one of the ministers and I hid behind the pillar waiting for him to come my way.
After dismissing the minister, I heard his footsteps come closer until they stopped before the pillar.

" I know you're there, meet me in the room at the end of the hallway"...
then he walked down further down, I followed.

I entered the room and closed the door behind me, it looked like a storeroom of some sort, where old furniture and books were packed and people hardly entered.

"Why have you come to see me?" He asked, with his back facing me.

"Jordan, I..."

"It's Jared"

"Jared, I want to know the truth, why did you lie to me? You're a Prince? And you were meant to be at war but you were in Konland? I don't understand anything. And the scars, they were from the fight weren't they? Tell me the truth for once"...
I was so desperate to know the real truth.

"Are you done?". 
He turned around and looked me dead in the eyes with no expressions on his face whatsoever.

"There is no need for you to dwell in the past, let it be"

"I want to know"

"You cannot handle the truth! But since you're so insistent, I will tell you...
I used to get bored staying at the base camp, waiting for the next fight. I needed to keep myself entertained, that's where you come in. Sweet little Kira, so innocent and gullible, a lovesick puppy. It felt good spending time with you, it got my mind off things a little. And that night you got naked in front of me, darn! It turned me on real bad. You have a great body, too bad I didn't want commitments"...
He shamelessly blurted.

"What?, I don't understand, did what we share mean anything to you at all?".
I asked, still hoping I heard wrong.

"It did, it was fun".
He answered with a relaxed expression.

"Don't you love me Jordan?"

"It's Jared, not Jordan, you foolish girl! Don't ever call me that name, and if you know what is good for you, don't tell anyone about that stupid past or your entire family will suffer for it. And as for love, are you serious? I never loved you, you were just the cheapest I could find, and you followed me like a sheep without knowing anything about me. And when my brother came for your hand in marriage, it didn't bother me because I never wanted you anyway. I hope you are not too stupid to understand what I just said. Go back to your husband and leave me the heck alone. Don't you ever try to talk to me again! Now leave!"

"But..."

"Go! Now!"
He shut me off before I could say what I wanted to. At that point, I could not see clearly because of the tears that threatened to come out. Then I ran, yes I ran away from that monster I never knew existed. Maybe he's right, maybe I'm too stupid to understand anything. I wish I didn't love him as much as I did, then maybe I would not be feeling so hurt. I hate myself for being this weak. I hate you Jared or Jordan, whatever your name is!
I hate you and I want you to rot in hell!

When I returned to the room I share with Edrin, the devil was already back from wherever he went and was waiting for me like a lion waiting to pounce on its prey.

"Where did you go?"

"Nowhere important"

"I asked you a...."

"Stop asking irrelevant questions and kiss me, now!"
That surprised him as much as it did me. What had come over me?
I attacked him with kisses and for the first time, I gave myself to him, of my own free will.
I don't know if this was my revenge on Jared or if I just wanted to vent my anger one way or another. I did not know how I got undressed or how we got on the bed, all I knew was that there was a fire inside me that I needed him to quench. When he entered me, I felt an extreme level of ecstasy and my sharp nails dug into the skin on his back while he violently took what was left of my innocence.
I was angry at Edrin as well, but he didn't hurt me as much as Jared did.

Jared's point of view.

Four years ago, my men and I were sweeping through the entire kingdom for any suspicious activity because we received an anonymous tip that a crime syndicate run by a secret cult in the Aakhian empire was operating on our soil, which later turned out to be false.
On one of our patrols, we entered the small town of Konland, on getting to the White River to refill our water bottles, I looked to the other side of the river and there she was, playing with two other girls in the lily field. The most beautiful girl I had ever seen, a goddess with the longest hair and a contagious smile. She did not see me but I have loved her ever since.

I have always been a mystery to the people around me, they only know me as a warrior because my father made me start training when I was five. I spent my childhood on the training ground with men ten times my size, I almost died on many occasions. My first real combat was a fight to the death, that was the first time I took a life at age ten. After a series of deadly fights, I had become a killing machine with no feelings...
But that girl, she brings out the part of me that is buried deep.

When the war of the five great kingdoms of the East began, my father sent us to assist the Verhamian kingdom because he intended to form alliances with them in the future.

I saw the strength and willpower of the opponent soldiers as well as their types of machinery which surpassed ours by far. And for the first time, I was afraid and thought I might not survive. My only regret would have been that I never got to confess my feelings to Kira. So, during the times we stayed back in camp to rest, reinforce and treat the injured, I begged my friend Kade to cover for me while I went to see the woman of my dreams.

When I heard that Edrin asked for her hand in marriage, it hurt me so badly, but I want what's best for her, the life I cannot give her. I didn't know what my fate would be in the war, so I chose not to give her more false hopes.

But when I saw her at the party tonight looking like a true Queen, it hurt me that I could not hold her in my arms. I almost died when Edrin kissed her right in front of me, I wish I fought for our love and damned the consequences. But what can I do? What's done is done. Tonight I hurt her so she would hate me and get over me, for her future as Queen with Edrin.
I'm sorry Kira.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 162 17
"Do you know what it feels like to sweat in bed, Bailey? Have you ever felt your body giving out, but being so consumed that you don't want to stop?"...
3M 76.1K 92
"WAIT!? YOU SOLD ME?" - "You are mine, Emily... You belong to me" he whispers in my ear and then kisses me. I feel electricity through my whole body...
325K 9.9K 42
Please look into reading the full story on Amazon! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CTN28YRV?nodl=1&dplnkId=5d6a5848-c601-4164-9a4d-b934a6d97e01 "Ever Dan...
28.3K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...