Business to Pleasure (EDITING)

By FaithThaWritaaa

Mahlani is a beautiful young woman, that is very insecure. She comes from two very successful parents in the... More

Copyright © 2019
Prolouge
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
A/N
27
A/N
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35

26

1K 27 1
By FaithThaWritaaa

December 31st, 2015

7:00pm

Mahlani

I was currently laying on the couch trying to get as much rest as I could before 9. Today was my album release party and I have been nervous for the past few days. I just want everything to run smooth.

On Christmas, Aubrey did the best job at keeping my mind off everything. After the promise ring surprise, he took me and all of the others to go to a gift drive to volunteer giving out gifts to kids whose parents couldn't afford gifts. Aubrey KNOWS how much I love giving back and helping out the community and that just made my heart smile.

I was deep in thought when I felt a thump on my head.

"Ow what the fuck." I said smacking my lips. I turned around seeing Koi and I grabbed the remote throwing it at her.

"You look so weary, chill out girl. Everything will go smoothly. Come on let's go get you ready." She said as she motioned for someone to walk in the room. "This is Ivy, she's going to do your makeup." Koi said and I smiled and waved at Ivy.

"Nice to meet you." I said. They went up the stairs while I took the elevator. I walked in the room and flopped on the makeup chair huffing. "Damn I'm tired." I said rubbing my stomach.

"Now bitch, you only walked like 3 steps to get in the room." Koi said making Ivy giggle.

"Leave me alone." I said rolling my eyes while Ivy started to prep my face.

After about an hour and 30 minutes, Ivy finally finished my makeup and I loved it. Koi helped me get dressed which took too long because I kept getting tired.

I hadn't seen Aubrey all day which started to get me a little irritated but I tried to remain happy and not let it ruin my mood. I was dropping an album for crying out loud, I don't need to be upset. I walked downstairs and saw my mom, dad, brother, and Hailey sitting on the couch waiting for me. They all gasped and I smiled.

"Hey y'all." I said speed walking to them and hugging them all.

"You look so beautiful." My mom complimented while tearing up. Everyone agreed with her.

"Mom please don't cry cause I'll cry." I said sighing and rubbing her back. My dad hugged and kissed my forehead.

"I'm so proud of you." He said making me smile.

"Thank you dad." I breathed out trying to hold back my tears. We made our way to the party room and I looked around completely shocked. The decorations were beautiful.

"Babyyyyy." I heard. I looked and spotted Aubrey and I smiled while he walked towards me. We engulfed each other in a long hug and then I slapped him playfully.

"Now where have you been all day?" I whined.

"I was setting all of this up and making sure it was perfect." He said kissing my forehead.

"Thank you baby. But please next time let me know I was sick without seeing you for hours." I said standing on my tippy toes kissing his lips. I saw that there were already guests here I started to make my way around greeting everybody.

"Chris!!" I squealed.

"Mahlani!" He squealed back jumping up and down making me laugh. "How are you lil sis?" He asked me hugging me.

"I'm doing good, just nervous." I said honestly.

"Don't worry! I know the album is good. I'm telling you, every song will be a hit. Just watch." He said smiling.

"Thank you." I said. We exchanged a few more words and I made my way over to the famous Robyn.

"Hey RiRi!" I said making her turn around and smile.

"Oh my God! Hey girl! How are you?" She asked as we pulled away from our side hug.

"I'm doing good, and yourself?" I asked

"I'm doing good, doing good. Congratulations on everything! I know you'll go far." She said making me smile. At least she's somewhat nice.

"Thank you so much. I really appreciate it. That means a lot." I said still smiling.

"Of course!" She said. More and more people started to show up, which meant more talking and walking around. I started to feel a little sick due to nervousness but I just brushed it off and put a smile on my face. Aubrey appeared out of no where and grabbed my hand leading me to a table with my albums on them. I smiled and he pulled out my chair for me to sit in. The photographer snapped pictures with me, Aubrey, family, and more people.

"What's up guys!" Aubrey said into the mic making people respond and cheer. "Thank you guys for coming out to my baby Mahlani's first album release party!" He said making everyone clap and cheer. All I could do was smile. I was just so happy. "We have refreshments in the back and the songs will be playing all throughout tonight enjoy yourselves!" He said while everyone clapped and started to head to the back for snacks. Koi walked up to me with my plate.

"Here you go!" She said smiling and sitting next to me. "Are you enjoying it so far?" She asked me.

"Yes. I'm just nervous of what my fans will think." I said sighing and eating my food.

"Now girl, you know your fans love you and they're gonna love that music. Cheer up!" She said while I smiled.

"You're right." I sighed eating another bite of food and letting my eyes scan the room. My eyes landed on Aubrey talking to Robyn and I mentally rolled my eyes. I could tell he felt my gaze because once we locked eyes, he made up an excuse to come over to me. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to Koi. "What time is it?" I asked.

"Girl it's already 11:30, we started at 10:30." She said making my eyes widen.

"Already?" I asked her as I felt Aubrey kiss the side of my head and sit next to me.

"Yep! I'll be back." She said getting up and running off to God knows where.

"Lani?" I heard Aubrey say. I ignored him and finished up my food getting up to throw away my plate. I walked over to my family and smacked Milo in the back of the head.

"Hey, are y'all enjoying the songs so far?" I asked them.

"I mean duh, they're amazing cause you made them." Hailey said making me smile while everyone agreed.

"Y'all are gonna make me cry." I said rolling my eyes while dabbing underneath them. My mom and dad came next to me engulfing me in a hug.

"We are so proud of you." My dad said making the tears start rolling down my face.

"Attention! If we can have everyone gather around the table, we have 5 minutes until the album drops!" Koi said into the mic. We all made our way to the table and I sat in the chair with the cake in front of me. "30 seconds!" Koi said excitedly. I smiled as we all started to countdown.

"3...2...1...WOOOOO, CONGRATULATIONS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" Everybody cheered making me laugh. Aubrey lit the cake as girls came out with signs, pictures of the album, and sparklers dancing to one of my songs. I smiled and started to cry again. I really couldn't believe this was happening, it felt surreal. Koi handed me the mic.

"I just wanted to say thank you all for coming out, I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the support of my family, friends, fans, and of course Aubrey. Thank you all for continuing to support and uplift me. I really do appreciate it. Happy New Year and don't forget to grab and signed copy of my album and a piece of cake on the way out! Goodnight everybody!" I said into the mic waving. Everyone once again cheered and made their way to the other table with the albums.

"I'm exhausted." I breathed out.

"Come on chile, let's get you to bed. Leave the cleaning to us." Koi said linking our arms together and leading me out the party room. I looked around and surprisingly this time, Rihanna left on time. Good.

Once I got up to the room. I took off my makeup and took a quick shower. I made sure to do my nightly routine and plug in my phone. I got in the bed and knocked out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

Well hello y'all! It's been a whileeee, and I once again apologize for that. Since you all want me to continue the book, I decided to go ahead and finish it, and it will be ending soon. This was just a filler chapter, that's why it's so boring LMAO. Butttt, Thank you all for the support, I really do appreciate it (: I hope y'all enjoy the future chapters! Comment, Vote, and Share❤️Also excuse any mistakes!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 143 23
Kehlani Parrish was 15 years old when her mother and father split because her father had gotten brutally murdered. Her mother stopped taking care of...
2.3K 127 28
17 year old Megan moves from Houston Texas to Oakland California with her mom to be closer to relatives (her best friend also lives there). What happ...
55.3K 2.5K 25
...Then came love. Join Tori and Jayson as two become one, in the midst of becoming who they were truly meant to be. A tail of love, lust and devoti...
3.9K 98 16
"So you're just gonna ignore me?" Jordan said quietly to her. Kehlani kept eating and ignored him, "Oh so you're the one who's mad? For what?" he sai...