The Fae [Faylinn #1]

By dreamy_

Lilath Fae, a twenty-two year old who has lived her entire life in Canada receives the opportunity of a life... More

Chapter 1: Ou La La
Chapter 2: There's a dead man in my hotel room.
Chapter 3: Hell-Bent
Chapter 4: Cookies and Tarts
Chapter 5: The Vow
Chapter 6: The Fairy Ballerinas
Chapter 7: Party Fairies

Chapter 8: My Heritage

723 68 63
By dreamy_

    I called in sick to work, but I wasn't sick. I was overwhelmed; filled with joy. I am a fairy princess. The only thoughts that were running in my head. There is only one person who could give me the information I needed, Devin. 

    "Hello?" He asked, as he answered his phone with a slurred voice. Clearly hung over from the night before. 

    I laughed at him. "Hi, Devin, feeling okay?"

    "Yeah, I'm fine. Why are you calling so early?" He groaned into the phone.

    "It's one o'clock in the afternoon," I replied. Noticing the silence on the other line of the phone, I continued. "Anyways, I found out some stuff."

    "Like what?" His voice perked up a bit.

   "Is it true, are we-- you know, fairies?" I asked, I know it was stupid. I just felt the need to have more reassurance from him. I toyed with my pendant that was strung around my neck, and every time I touched it, it tingled.

    "Who told you?" His voice was suddenly normal, no evidence of last nights drinking. 

    Shit, I couldn't tell him about Beau. Quick, think of an excuse, fast! I thought to myself as I rubbed my forehead. "Google?" I put the word out there, and mentally slapped myself.

   Thankfully, he bought it. "Yes, Lilath, we are. Shit, do you know what will happen? Now that you know about this?" He asked.

    "No," I replied truthfully. 

    "It was my fault, giving you that damn pendant. I should of waited. Lilath, Faylinn needs you. Now that you know, people will be coming here. To find you-- to find us.

   I thought back to the party, how people looked at me. Layla, Justin, and basically all of Devin's other friends. "Devin. Meet me at the park on Rue Chiqué, now." I told him through the phone. When I heard his response, I grabbed my keys and ran out the hotel. 

    Suddenly, I ran into someone. "Bonjour, mademoiselle. May I help you?" Francis asked. 

    I hugged him tightly, "I'm sorry for running into you Francis. I just have to go out for a bit," I paused and looked into his eyes. Pain filled them. "If you need someone to talk to later, don't hesitate to call my room. We can hang out sometime." I have him an apologetic smile.

    He nodded and smiled softly. "Where is Beau?" When he asked that it wasn't hard to guess why he was upset. His lost soul mate, Celeste. I knew that if I lost Beau, like he lost her, I would be heart broken.

    "I don't know, but him and I are going out tonight." I beamed at him, knowing he would like that. He nodded, and waved goodbye. 

                                                                                 * * *

    As I was driving down Rue Chiqué, I felt my senses heighten. I noticed the bright greens of the trees, the loud honks from annoyed drivers, and the smell of my rental Audi's leather seats. Fresh, I thought to myself. Everything around here is so fresh. The light patter of rain on my windshield had me remembering my child hood.

    I was a child, five years old to be exact. One of the many things I loved in the world was rain. Much to my mothers disapproval I spent my childhood days outside in the rain. I would splash around in it, and dig my feet in the mud. Or the "Devil's Brew" is what she used to call it. 

    "Lilath Fae, if you track mud into the house one more time. You will not be able to go out on the roof star gazing anymore." She pointed her finger at me sternly.

   "But, Momma!" I whined, "you know I love that!" Something caught my eyes, a rustling in the bushes to my left. A handsome man stood behind it, and gave me a friendly smile. I blushed and waved back, and ran to Momma. "Momma, who's that man behind the bushes?"

    She looked around and smoothed my hair back. "Babe, I don't see anything."  When she said that, a crease formed on her forehead. She gently pushed me inside, and I looked back. There he was, watching over. In a protective way, a loving way.

     Beau, the man watching me play for many years was Beau? I thought to myself as I pulled up to the park. A shiver ran through me, he has always been around that means. I groaned and pushed my head into the steering wheel. I heard a tapping noise on my passenger window, jolting me to life. I looked over to see Devin with a Cheshire grin. I waved at him and put the Audi in park and turned the ignition off. 

    I stepped out of the car and pulled my personally designed jacket closer. "Hey," I said. I walked up to him and we walked to the park bench together.

    "Hi," he replied, as he sat down on the bench and stared off at the swans in the pond. He turned towards me with a serious look. "Where should I start?"

   "Faylinn," I replied. I wanted to know everything about where I came from, everything from the major to the minor things. 

    He nodded and started his story. "Okay, so you were born in Faylinn to the rulers of the Moon Court, Breena and Aubrey. You have been born from them many, many times. They give birth to you every fifty years because you suddenly disappear on your fiftieth birthday, it's a curse so to say." He said, and I remembered when Beau said that it was fate for that to happen. "So they usually give you to a mortal couple to raise you until your eighteenth, then after that you find out and poof. Back to Faylinn for you." He chuckled at the last part, but I was way to fascinated to laugh back. "I'm not sure why in this life you learned so late, usually you learn when you are sixteen. I believe it is because when you reached that age you had too much going on, and chose to ignore." True, I thought to myself. 

    "But, Devin, did you know about me prior to us meeting a few weeks ago?" I asked, I was quite curious.

    "I have known about you, but never met you. Which it's quite an honor meeting the next ruler of the Moon Court. In Faylinn schools, we were taught about you. Your raven black hair," he said, as he ran a hand through my hair. "Your pale flawless skin," he lightly traced my jawbone. "And your lips as crimson as fresh blood." When he said that, he made a smooching sound. 

    "The people of Faylinn know about me?" I asked, quite shocked.

   "Yeah, and there is something else. Royalty is immortal, except for you. Well technically you are, because you end up coming back from up there." He gestured to the sky, implying heaven. "All the other fairies in Faylinn live for 200 years. I am currently on my sixtieth year." He smiled proudly as he said that.

    "Are you kidding me? You are sixty?" I asked bewildered, considering I was barley eighteen. He barley looked twenty. 

    "Everyone in Faylinn stops physically aging after their twentieth birthday," he replied with a shrug. "Even you," he quickly added. 

   I couldn't believe what I was hearing, this was all too intriguing. "So-- can you tell me why my parents give me to a mortal family for eighteen years?" I asked, even though I knew it was because of war. I still wanted more details. 

    He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, as if preparing for a long story. "Well, it happens every time you are born. There is a war between the Sun and Moon Courts. It's because of your birth, you are said to be the most powerful fairy in Faylinn because of your rareness. You are the only night fairy left in existence. It's a huge threat to the Sun Court. Considering they are all very light people, you are their polar opposite-- darkness." I gasped when he said that, is he implying I am evil? "In your past lives though, you have defeated anything. You are an amazing leader. I've seen you lead once before, but we never met like this." He sighed and gave me a small smile. "I am from the Sunset Court, it's an in between Court. We rebelled from your Court once and they booted us. Though, we are on your side so to say. The other in between Court is the Sunrise Court, same thing happened, but they are more with the Sun Court." He paused for a moment and switched the subject. "So do you still have your pendant with you?"

    I nodded and pulled it out from my jacket. 

    "You know, your the only fairy with this design. Obviously, since there is no other night fairies." He smiled and touched it. He reached out and pulled his out, I liked his. "This is mine, I share the design with one hundred others." He shrugged. I touched it, and it suddenly had a sparkle in it. I gasped, and he looked down and his eyes widened. "Lilath! You should not have done that." He scolded me, like I was a child.

    Oh hell, no he did not. "Sorry, whats wrong with me doing that?" I asked.

   "You basically blessed my pendant, you gave it good luck. It is an honour, but you could get in trouble doing that in Faylinn to the wrong person. This is why I told you not to show anyone your pendant, because if there is people that we don't know from Faylinn here-- that will be trouble." 

    "Why?"

    "One, they will immediately take you to Faylinn. Two, if they are from the Sun or Sunrise Court, and touch your pendant. You will loose many things. Like your title, uniqueness, and much more they have not taught us in school." He said, with a scared look in his eyes. 

    "Devin, how do I get to Faylinn?" I asked, I really needed to know. It was my birthplace, I needed to go there for many reasons. 

    He sighed, "you have to make a small sacrifice. It all depends what kind of fairy you are. You need a half a pint of blood, and since you are a night fairy you need to drop the blood on something related to the night. After you do that, a portal will open up. Walk in and you're at Faylinn." He smiled, "but if you are ever going, please warn me first." 

    I nodded in agreement. "What is it like there? Are the people friendly?" I asked, as I starred at the pond. Shrubs crowded the edge and rabbits poked their heads out of them. I smiled at them and they hopped off. 

    "The greenest trees you'll ever see, the freshest air you've ever inhaled, colours everywhere, and millions of different creatures." He sighed and smiled to himself as he said that. 

    "Wow, sounds breathtaking," I replied. A picture played in my head of what Faylinn might look like, it was a pure beauty. Realization hit me, if it was so beautiful there, why is Devin here? "Devin, why are you on Earth then?"

    He rubbed his forehead, and then started chewing his bottom lip. "It's a long story. I'll have to tell you it another time. You have taken in too much," he said, giving me an apologetic smile. 

    I grunted, I hated being kept from secrets. First with Beau, my almost boyfriend. Now Devin. Why did Devin have my necklace? I thought to myself as I stared at him. "Devin, why did you have my pendant?" I asked.

    "Some girl gave it to me. Told me to hide it. Told me it belonged to you, it was during the rebellion. I just took it to get back at your court. Then when we learned about you and your heritage in school, I realized I was in a bit of a pickle." He laughed and tapped his finger on his chin. "Now that I think about it I remember who gave it to me, Lara?" He shook his head quickly, "no that can't be right. Layla?" His face lit up and he nodded quickly, "yes Layla! She is your fourth in command, or whatever." He shrugged. Then a frown creased his forehead. "Why would she do that to you? You are royalty, let alone her leader."

    Play dumb, I thought to myself. "That's-- odd." I said with a shrug. I can't believe that selfish woman, Beau was right. She always wants what is mine. I thought to myself and started to feel my body stiffen with anger.

      "Whoa, you OK?" Devin asked, snapping his fingers in my face with a smile. 

      I nodded.

     "That was weird, your aura turned red and black. It was like-- hell," he said. Backing away from me. 

      I lightly punched him on the shoulder. "Wouldn't you be mad if someone took over your kingdom ?" I asked seriously, but smiled. 

      "Why of course, your highness." He mocked as we laughed. Suddenly our laughter died and he was pulling me towards him. He pushed a stray hair back behind my ear and leaned in. Suddenly our lips were molding and his arms were wrapped around me.

      I pushed him back. "Devin! What the hell are you doing?" I exclaimed, furious. How dare he kiss me? I didn't wait for his answer, I got up and stormed away to my car. 

      "Wait, Lilath!" Devin called, but it was too late. I was far away. I knew I wasn't going to be mad at Devin for long, but I need to get away. 

      I slammed my car door shut and buckled up my seatbelt. I rested my head against the head rest. Great, my only ally now made shit complicated. I thought to myself and let out a groan. 

        "Why the hell did that-- boy, kiss you? You aren't his. You are mine, and I am yours!" A jealous laced voice yelled beside me. Beau. 

 vote.comment.fan.share with friends.give feedback.

 A/N: I know, it's a filler chapter. Lots of dialogue, this one is for the Devin fans! Left you guys with a little cliff hanger!:). I just wanted to give you guys more info on Lilath and who she is. BTW HER AGE IS NOW 18! NOT 22. 18 E-I-G-H-T-E-E-N! This story will go through editing every 10 chapters. :) 

Chapter Question: Team Beau or Team Devin?! 

 FOR EVERYONE WHO LOVES BEAU, AN AMAZING CHAPTER WILL BE POSTED NEXT, LOTS OF BEAU AND A DATE!! OUUUUU. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 340 39
Three estranged friends reunite in a mysterious castle in France, where darkness awaits and nothing is as it seems. ~~~~ There's something wrong with...
11K 347 27
A heartless king, born of a long line of dragon shifters, finally finds his one true mate. But not only is she lowborn, there is also suspicion to h...
164 0 13
"Well, why DO you want me here?" He sits back in his seat, and takes a breath as if trying to figure out how to tell me something. He finally says, "...