Showing Them The Light (IPKKN...

By Anniewrites5

Advay Singh Raizada, elder twin of Arnav Singh Raizada, is coming back to India. To correct every wrong. To p... More

Introduction
Introduction-II (OPTIONAL)
1. Advay Singh Raizada
2. Homecoming
3. Understanding The Misunderstanding
4. Realising The Mistake
5. Correcting The Wrong
6. Apologies and Stopping Her
7. A Trap
8. Understanding Love
9. Unveiling The Bitter Truth
10. Aftermath
11. Gathering Scattered Emotions
12. Betraying The Betrayer
13. Is this the end?
14. Wooing Her
15. Nurturing Relationships
Author's Note
16. In Pursuit of a chance
17. Not giving up
19. Chances & Confusions
20. Spending time
21. Bringing her back
22. Normalising Life
23. Waiting
24. 'A New Start...!'

18. Getting used to her anger

3K 220 32
By Anniewrites5

Khushi was standing in strict sunlight trying to stop an auto or rickshaw. She missed her bus and have to get to college soon or else she will miss her first lecture.

A car stopped in front of her. After the window was pulled down, she saw Arnav in the driving seat. 

“Khushi… I will drop you to the college. Sit in…” She huffed and ignored him.

He groaned in frustration, closing his eyes.

‘Why this girl is so stubborn!!’ 

He came out of the car and opened the door for her.

“Ab toh chalo! Or else you will get late for college.” She looked at him, not sure.

‘If I didn't go with him now, I will miss my first lecture. Hey Devi Maiya! Ab toh laad governor ke saath hi jana padega….’ She groaned inwardly and sat inside.

He smiled, closing the door of her side and after that settled on the driving seat.

The drive was silent. Arnav who was so much habitual of her talks now found it so much uncomfortable. Whereas Khushi was not at all silent in her mind.

‘Subha Subha inka chehra dekhna pad gya hume!’ 

‘Secretly you too like it Khushi…’ Her heart said in a teasing way.

‘Not at all …!’ Her mind scowled.

‘Aww… don't deny it… you like it…’

‘You wish!’

‘Give him a chance na…. he is trying so hard… he love you….’ Her heart begged.

Her mind scoffed. 

‘He knows nothing about love!’

‘He knows now! Everything about it…’ Her heart screamed.

“No! Arnav ji don't know a thing!” She spoke out aloud which grabbed Arnav's attention.

“I don't know a thing?? About what Khushi?” He asked, smiling inwardly. He guessed that she might be thinking about him only.

She bit her lip looking out of the window.

“Khushi…? I do know that you are angry on me. I do know that trusting me is not easy for you. I also know that you love me.”

She kept looking out of the window, not giving him a glance of her face. 

Car came to a halt. She adjusted her clothes and bag to get out of the car. He tucked her hair behind her ear and she looked at him.

“Please… Khushi… A chance won't hurt….”

Not replying, she came out of the car and walked inside the college.

Arnav sighed and leaned back on his seat.
________________

Akash and Payal walked out of a five star hotel after attending a meeting.

She still can't understand why he took her to the meeting. His secretary is on leave so he took her to the meeting. But it is not all it seems. 

“You didn't eat anything in there Payal. Can I atleast buy you a coffee?” He asked softly.

“No need. Anyways, you are not my favorite person today.” She denied and looked away, her nose high in the air.

“That doesn't matter. I'm not your favourite person on any day.” She rolled her eyes.

“We need to get to office as soon as possible!” She spoke and sat on the passenger seat. He sat in the driver seat and they drove off.

Awkward silence. He kept glancing at her but she didn't give him any sign that she cares.

‘But she do!’

“Payal…..” He spoke as he pulled the car in the parking of their office.

“Hmm?”

“Will you go out on dinner with me…? Tonight?” She looked at him wide eyed.

Dinner? How can he expect her to agree? Idiot!! No. No. Never.

“I have better plans and better people to meet!” She spoke. 

Without giving him any attention, she came out of the car and walked in the office.

“Will she even melt….?” He spoke to himself.

‘Oh! She will!’ His heart replied.
_______________________

In the evening, it was raining outside. Khushi was sitting in the cafe, on the table near the window. She was enjoying the rain. Her books were spread on the table and her bag was placed on the chair beside her. She was completing her assignment. Normally, she is always with Latika. But today Latika left for her hometown because her grandmother is ill. 

More than completing her work, she was thinking about Arnav. 

‘He is trying so hard. I should give him a chance. I think he deserves it after so many efforts. It won't harm, will it? But jiji will be angry…. But… I can explain her… no? Yes I think I should give him a chance and if still he did something wrong…?’

Her chain of thoughts was broken when waiter placed a cup of coffee in front of her. Glancing up she nodded and muttered a thank you. The waiter smiled and left for his other works. 

She looked down at her coffee cup.

You're beautiful..

Was written on her coffee. She looked up here and there to find that waiter, but didn't saw him anywhere. Then she looked at the opened door of the cafe to find Arnav leaning on it. Their eyes met and he smiled. He winked at her and left. She looked out of the window smiling.

‘A chance won't hurt….’
______________________

“You have never been in a relationship before?” Alok shook his head. His ears turned slightly red. Anjali laughed. 

They were on the terrace, enjoying the cool night breeze with a cup of coffee. Talking to Anjali after the long day at office is Alok's best part of the day nowadays.

“Why?” She asked.

“Never met the right girl.” 

“Alok… I have never seen a guy like you. Not even Chote and Cheeku are so innocent.” 

His ears turned more red as she called him innocent.

“The girl who wins your heart would be so lucky..!” She said looking in his eyes, smiling lightly.

He looked at her with admiration in his eyes. ‘You are the lucky girl then…’ He thought.
______________________

Payal was lying in her bed tired after a long day in office. She was talking to Khushi a few minutes back when Khushi ended the call abruptly. She said she forgot something important. But Payal knows better that something is fishy. Is Arnav there? Why these Raizada men are so stubborn?

Payal was thinking about her sister when her mobile buzzed beside her. She picked it up to see she received a message.

Akash…
When I want to smile,
I know exactly what to do,
I just close my eyes and I think of you.

She rolled her eyes reading the message. She definitely would have become happy if there would have been like old times. But now she becomes sad seeing this side of his.

Lies! All lies! He can't expect me to trust him now! Can he?

She immediately replied to his text.

She 
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
If I had a brick,
I'd throw it at you.

A

kash
I will gladly accept it….😉

Is he flirting?

She 
You better go to sleep. Sir… 🙂

A

kash
😒 We are not in office, are we?

She
Doesn't matter!

A

kash
Payal, will you go out on the dinner date with me? Tomorrow?

She
😐🙄 No!

A

kash
If you won't hear how will I explain myself to you?

She 
Nothing is left to explain!

A

kash
☹️ We can't live our life like this. 

She
Goodnight…

T

hrowing her mobile on the bed. She fall back on her pillow and closed her eyes, welcoming a very disturbing sleep.
______________________

Days were passing by. Arnav had somehow melted Khushi but Akash wasn't able to pacify Payal a bit. Khushi's bestfriend Latika is back with the news that her ninety-nine year old grandmother is again fit and fine. Alok and Anjali are as usual enjoying each other's friendship and Advay and Chandni are thinking to reveal their relationship atleast to Anjali and Alok. Anjali is now five and a half months pregnant and enjoying her pregnancy phase. She can't wait to have both of her sister-in-laws back. 
______________________

“Let's take a break Khushi! We have already studied for tomorrow's test. Please!” Latika pleaded.

They both were studying at Khushi's place. Latika decided to be with Khushi for the night instead of hostel because Khushi didn't want her to fail and she herself too.

“Fine! But we will sleep after revising once!”
Khushi instructed.

“Fine! Can I eat something now?” Khushi nodded, smiling at her.

“Damn! Studying makes me hungry faster than exercise….” Latika mumbled as they entered the kitchen. Khushi chuckled.

“You remember that handsome guy, whom we saw outside our college…” Latika asked as she kept milk on the stove to boil.

Khushi who was taking bread and cheese out of the kitchen stiffened at first but then nodded.

“How did you know he was there to meet his wife? How you even know he is married? Do you know him?” Latika asked questions after questions.

“I…. I just… I guessed…. Yeah! I guessed.” Khushi replied.

“Rubbish! You can't even lie properly, jalebi!” Latika stated, calling Khushi from her nickname ‘Jalebi’.

Khushi didn't reply to this. Latika let out a sigh and turned towards her, who was now preparing cheese sandwiches.

“Tell me jalebi, is something wrong? Did he do something wrong with you?” Latika asked softly yet worriedly.

“Latika… He is Arnav Singh Raizada.” Latika nodded, hinting her to continue. Khushi told everything that happened, from the first time she met him.

“Isn't he a cocky rabbit!” Khushi laughed.

“Was this your try at calling him names?”

“Well… yes! I don't use real swear words but that doesn't make me boring or any less sassy…” Khushi nodded, laughing.

“So… you are going to forgive him?” Latika asked softly. She jumped and sat on the kitchen platform and picked up the ready Sandwich to eat.

“No… I don't think so… you know he called too but I didn't talk.”

“Khushi… you know what it is to be with him and I don't but as a friend I want to advise you that if he is a good guy and really regretting and really trying to pacify you, then forgive him. The way you told your story and the way you said he was there to meet his wife, it hints how much you are already into him. Ya! Do let him try to pacify you, but really that you didn't let time slip away in this pacifying game. A chance won't hurt maybe.….” Khushi nodded.

“I understand what you are trying to say..”

“Good… so… you think I should have a talk with him… as your friend? You know like scaring him?” Khushi laughed.

“Oh sure! But after I give him a chance…”
_____________________

Payal hastily collected her things from the cubicle thrusting them in her handbag. She was late today. Too late actually. Most the employees have left the office already. She need to get back home soon. 

She was going to leave when her eyes fell on Akash's cabin, where lights were on. 

‘He is still here?’

Not able to control the urge, she walked towards his cabin. 

‘What is he doing here till now? What about his dinner.’

She peeked in to see him keeping his head down on the crossed arms on the table.

‘Is he sick?’

She walked in and kept her palm on his shoulder gently.

“Akash…” She called him gently and he jerked up.

“Hhh?” 

“It's me, Payal…” She spoke softly. A frown on her head appeared as she saw his state.

Keeping her palm on his forehead she checked the temperature.

“Akash.. I think you have fever… Why are you still here? You should go home, have medicine and rest.” She spoke worried for him.

“I was waiting for you to become free. So, I can talk to you.” He answered in a hoarse voice.

He definitely has caught cold. Did he get drenched in rain?

“Akash go home. We will talk later.”

“You won't!! You will again go on ignoring me! I want to talk to you now!” He spoke in a high tone. His thin string of patience has snapped. Sure, he was done with her ignoring.

She also felt anger bubbling inside her now.

‘First of all, he is ill and secondly he is being stubborn!’

“I have every right to ignore you or be angry on you!” She shouted.

“Just because it happened once, doesn't mean it will happen again.” He shouted back.

“Payal, why don't you listen to me once? Don't you love me?” He spoke vulnerable.

‘Love? Did he love me when he accepted that he would have left me at the altar itself?’ 

“I hate you. I'll always hate you.” She yelled. Tears pricked at the back of her eyes.

“You can't hate me. You love me.” He spoke sighing.

“Don't underestimate me!” She gritted her teeth.

“Really? Then why you came to see me here when office timings are over and you're getting late for home? Why you asked me to go home politely and even agreed on talking when you are hell bent on ignoring me?” He shouted.

She looked away as a lone tear made its way down her cheek.

“I care about you maybe more than I should…” She whispered, emotionally tired of their argument.

He rubbed his face with his hands hastily.

“Payal… Please listen to me once. I never wanted to have this conversation like this. I know what I said was wrong. There is no explanation but can't you give me a chance?” He spoke desperately, holding her by her shoulders.

She jerked back, making herself free from his hold. He looked at her hurt.

“I trusted you!” She yelled.

“Paya-” 

“Akash go home! You are having fever! And I think we talked enough for today.” She spoke and walked out of the cabin. 

He closed his eyes in defeat. He still have a long way to go.
________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 16.6K 29
A story of Arnav Singh Raizada and his REPLACED BRIDE Khushi Gupta. Will he accept her as his Wife? Will his family accept her? Why was she repla...
47.8K 1.6K 28
This story follows the timeline of the show IPKKND. (Entire storyline explained in the chapter). However,soon after the marriage contract expires, Kh...
182K 4.1K 5
Post kidnapping and and his outburst on Khushi due to Anjali, how does Arnav Singh Raizada woo his lady love back? This is a saga of their new life t...
318K 13.9K 31
It's starts from Payal and Akash's marriage. What if the Raizadas are not whom they portray themselves to be?. What if the Guptas are also not the...