REIGNING VIXEN | Edmund Peven...

project_deceiver tarafından

COMPLETED | ❝ Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny. ❞ ━ in which... Daha Fazla

ʀᴇɪɢɴɪɴɢ ᴠɪxᴇɴ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ: ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴏɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴅʀᴏʙᴇ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴀᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ꜰᴀᴠᴏᴜʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ʜᴏᴛ ᴘᴇᴠᴇɴꜱɪᴇ ᴛᴇᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ ᴇxɪᴛꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ꜱᴛʀᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɴᴀʀɴɪᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜʙᴏx ᴏꜰ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴏʙꜱᴇʀᴠɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴏᴍᴘᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴍᴘᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀɪɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴡɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɢʟʏ ᴡᴇᴇᴘᴇʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʙᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴏʀ ꜰᴜɴᴇʀᴀʟ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʟɪɴɢʏ ꜰᴇᴠᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴊᴜᴠᴇɴᴇꜱᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ: ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴘɪᴀɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʜᴇʀ ɢᴜɪᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ꜱᴏʀʀᴏᴡꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴀɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ ʙᴇᴀʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ꜱɪʟᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴀɪɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴀꜱʟᴀɴ'ꜱ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴜɴᴄᴀɴɴʏ ʀᴇꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴀɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴄʟᴀɪʀᴀᴜᴅɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴇᴄʜᴏᴇꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴅᴜᴄᴋꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴜʙʙᴏʀɴ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ʀᴇᴅᴇᴇᴍɪɴɢ ꜰʟᴀᴡꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʜᴇʟʟꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴍᴀɪɴꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʀᴇꜱᴛᴏʀᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴘᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛʟʏ ꜱᴏʀᴄᴇʀᴇꜱꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɴᴅʏɪɴɢ ꜰᴀɪᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɴɪꜰʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴏʟʟɪꜱɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ɢɪɢɢʟɪɴɢ ʙᴜꜰꜰᴏᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪɪ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʏᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴡᴀɴ ʟᴀᴋᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛɪᴛᴛʟᴇ-ᴛᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴘʜʏꜱɪᴄᴀʟ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ʙᴏᴜɴᴅʟᴇꜱꜱ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴘʟᴀᴄɪᴅ ʜᴀᴢᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴇᴀᴅɪʟʏ ᴀᴍᴇʟɪᴏʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴄʜᴀʀᴍɪɴɢʟʏ ʙᴀꜱʜꜰᴜʟ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴀꜱᴛᴏɴɪꜱʜɪɴɢ ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ɢʀᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇꜱᴛᴏᴡᴀʟꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜꜱ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍɪʀᴀᴄᴜʟᴏᴜꜱ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇꜱꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴘᴏɴᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ᴠɪꜱɪᴛᴏʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰʀᴀᴄᴛᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʜᴀꜱɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴀɢᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴʙᴏᴜɴᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴɴᴀᴍᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴᴠᴇɪʟᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴꜱᴇᴡɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ꜱʜᴀᴘᴇᴅ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴡᴀʀᴍɪɴɢ ꜰᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪxᴇɴ
ɪᴍᴍᴇɴꜱᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ꜱɴɪᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇꜱ

3.4K 145 269
project_deceiver tarafından

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

AS MORNING BROKE UP the sky into a thousand mesmerizing hues. A new dawn has rose upon the horizon, swirling in the wind with a different meaning. Landscapes that could be captured in a painting that would be worthless as you remain hypnotized with the bedazzling show of wonders. For because it has now received its long awaited moment. And that was the uplifting of the curse brought by an evil entity.

My eyes remained open throughout the journey despite the nagging feeling of wanting to sleep. I don't know why but the feeling of dozing off became quite dangerous especially if you left a still unwell faun to drive you without another eye to keep watch. Of course it wasn't to give hate to Tumnus, he was trying his very best. But anyone could agree that it would be a ruckus, if one were to remember how he arrived late when we were almost mauled by wolves.

The entire ride was pure, just small conversations thrown out here and there. Information passed around regarding how Narnia worked in wondrous ways. Albeit not wanting to admit it, but the two idiots actually made it comfortable. They both had ways to make me feel like I didn't want to cut off their fingers then feed it to that oompa loompa. Kidding! I actually still do.

Particularly how I was seconds away from unsheathing my sword to stab away Edmund who had fallen on my shoulder while he quietly snored. Along the way, he managed to fall asleep, then had the audacity to repeatedly lie his head beside my neck.

The bad part? As much as I wanted to push him off harshly, I didn't want to have another pit stop due to getting him up the vehicle because who knows how hard I'll elbow him.

“We're almost there.” Tumnus' voice sounded from the front. Myself just rolling my eyes upon hearing it.

“How many times do you plan on saying that?” I replied grumpily, shoving a rough hand at Edmund's head to keep him from falling. If he dares to land on my lap, I swear—

Chuckles came from the faun, sparing me a glance before pointing forwards. My eyes followed the direction of his finger, sighing in relief once a variety of colours entered my line of sight.

Upon another snore echoing from beside me, I quickly pinched the knee of the boy. He woke up with a start, looking around in fear before staring back at me with a now confused tilt of the head.

“What?” Really? After another roll of my eyes, I took his ear then faced him to the direction of the nearing camp. He winced at my touch then swatted it away before gaping at the sight. “Woah.”

“Your Majesties, I welcome you to the shining settlement in the western side of Cair Paravel— Aslan's camp!” Excitement was ever present in the voice of the faun, proudly acting like a tour guide.

I see no shining ther—” My words cut short as Edmund placed his dirty hand over my mouth.

“Just enjoy the view.” He sighed, still watching the scenery with a twinkle in his eyes. Taking away the cover, I wiped my lips with the back of my hand, not thinking how I technically just made it worse. Oh well.

In the midst of observing the surroundings, I quietly awed at the array of creatures that I've once only heard stories of. Vibrancy aligning the path in which we rode through, curious gazes sent our way but nodded respectfully once they caught sight of my harmless companions.

Varieties of creatures presented themselves smoothly. Normal farm animals first caught our attentions, next were the wild ones, lastly were the mythical creatures that were doing some of their obvious everyday works.

At the end of the path, our ride came to its slow stop. I carefully took in the scene playing in front of us, a line up looking as if they were expecting our arrival. Stepping off the sleigh, we made it to the front, halting once we came directly face to face with the awaiting company.

The three Pevensie siblings were present in the gathering, staring wide eyed at our forms. Not believing we arrived alone with our only company being the three of us. Their expressions were quite different yet same at the same time.

Peter's were one's of proud disbelief, Susan's of pure solace whilst little Lucy still held that ever swallowing kind grin. Her giddiness openly showing especially when her eyes landed to the faun next to me. Thanks, Lucy. Really appreciate how you were so excited to see Edmund and I.

I, of course, strode with my usual walk, keeping a straight face. But almost chuckled at a clumsy Edmund who almost fell face first on the grass.

Next to the familiar humans were centaurs, one of whom was standing out, catching my attention that he may or may not be of a good title. Stoic face yet a feeling of relief was rushing from him at the sight of our party.

By the side, also stood the beavers whom I had once thought of burning using my matchsticks. They, along with everyone else, were happy to see us. But the difference was they held sweet, kind, parental smiles plastered on their faces.

In the last of the list, my eyes snapped to the creature standing majestically in the middle of the huddle. A powerful, glowing, pure feeling radiating from him. Warm welcoming breeze spiraling around him, his mane flowing freely in the wind. Authority practically oozed from him, a sense of respect immediately forming in the pit of my stomach at his honour-filled expression. By now, I already knew that this was who that Jadis woman was afraid of.

From beside me, Tumnus slowly got on his knees, Edmund gracelessly following loosely that made me cringe from his clumsiness. Being the last one standing, I awkwardly looked around, having second thoughts of having to bow down. Oh, give me a break, my back hurts. Although that was quickly forgotten once I was tugged by my two companions to do so, making me huff then try my best to elegantly kneel.

“Welcome, Edmund, son of Adam,” The voice of the lion emitted a great amount of supremacy, reasons to praise him becoming more evident. “Welcome, Tumnus, faun of Narnia,”

I then felt his golden eyes gazing to me, recognition sparking brightly underneath the gleam of the sun. “And we welcome you too, Ophelia, daughter of Eve.”

My mum's name is Sienna, by the way. I don't know who that Eve lady is, but I believe she's my mother too now. Wait— how did he know my name?

“The three of you gave us quite the scare once Oreius came back empty handed,” The graceful lion chuckled bemusedly, making me cast a gaze towards the stoic centaur. So there was a rescue party sent to get us? But where were they. Before I could ask away, my question was already answered by none other than the leader himself. “We shall discuss the details later, young one.”

Edmund flickered a warning gaze at me when I made a move to open my mouth. I just nodded at him with a frown, making him return it, assuming I wouldn't question anything for now. Hehe.

“Apologies, sir, but how have you caught knowledge of our arrival?”

Series of silent groans echoed in the camp, myself smirking mentally at the sharp gazes of not only Edmund, but also from Susan and Peter. Have they not gotten used to how I ignored rules? They're lucky I didn't go with Allan, despite it being so tempting.

“Fairly peculiar, actually,” Aslan stated, a lingering amusement present in his tone. “Friends from the trees has personally approached me with an information consisting of a young lady,”

Oh. . . Oh no! My eyes widened in alarm at the mention of trees. Mind reeling back to the moment I trudged the snow in search of Edmund to give him his coat.

“Something along the lines of how bizarre your choice of words were.” He continued, myself letting out an awkward laugh with the feeling of embarrassment creeping towards me. I glared at the teasing look from Edmund, facing back to Aslan with the thought of staying silent for the rest of the gathering.

“A well deserved rest shall be given to the three of you. Especially with what you have just gone through.” His announcement made me internally celebrate, the thought of sleeping becoming more lovely to the mind.

“But first, I wish to speak with Edmund.” Upon hearing that, I faced the boy. Noticing how his face fell slightly at the mention of a talk, gulping nervously while once again fiddling with his thumbs. Observing his sentence, I thought about how he made use of with instead of to. Wordings used of how he will converse politely, not one of complete lecture using authority.

I gave Aslan a small courtesy, obediently following the guide regardless of wanting to stay and see Edmund getting scolded. Of course, with the small power still coursing through my exhaustion. I closed my eyes, letting the optimistic energy of the creatures around me to flow freely towards the boy. My efforts proved successful once his mood brightened at least a little bit. Glancing at Aslan, he only gave me a mere nod. Acknowledgement present in his eyes, already knowing of my existence.

After that, I was told to follow some centaurs around. They first led me to some sort of infirmary, treating my already dried up injuries with more care. Then after that, they set me up to freshen up. I made sure to get rid of all kinds of dirt, feeling very unclean due to the whole journey experience.

Finally, when all was finished, I was led to a room where my weapons were already neatly placed on the bed. I looked around, noticing some other items piled around, knowing that it wasn't a private room. But didn't give it a care for the mean time as I fell on the bed and satisfyingly went to dreamland.

˚✧༉‧₊

By the time I had ended my slumber, I was already feeling ten times better. Just some small aching from the sudden use of strength yesterday but it was bearable. My eyes scanned my surroundings the moment I regained myself from the after effects of having a long sleep.

The other two beds were made properly, the other one just a tad bit messy. My focus remained on the items placed neatly aside, groaning loudly once I recognized the belongings of the two Pevensie sisters.

Quickly tidying myself, I fixed my slightly disheveled maroon dress. Straightening it down until it looked presentable enough. I took my weapons with me, firmly latching them to my belt. The intricately designed cylinder object still unknown to me yet I already had some idea to what it was.

As I stepped out of the tent serving as my resting place, I squinted momentarily as the harsh light of the sun basked my sense of sight. Adjusting to its brightness, I continued to wander off the whole camp. Ignoring the curious glances of the ones I passed by. Obviously they were wondering how there's a fifth human. Or they already caught the recent news, just watching me to see if the rumours are true. Whatever reason may be, I was still tired to entertain it.

My feet unconsciously carried me towards a small ledge that outlooked the whole area. I stood there under the rays of the sun, peacefully watching the inhabitants doing whatever they were tasked to do.

Soft patters of paws hitting the grass sounded from beside me, myself sparing a small glance at the source then proceeded to glance away. The place I stood right now felt as if it was expected by the majestic lion, probably because this is a good spot for people to act all dramatic.

A pregnant pause passed by as each second ticked, both of us just observing how everyone worked. I was enjoying the comfortable energy that the camp had to offer. Bathing in the calmness of their serenity.

“Am I in trouble?” Deciding to break the silence, I asked the question I believed to be the right one. Who knows why he chose to accompany me here, so maybe I also had to be scolded for bad mouthing the gossiping trees.

Soft chuckles from the great lion allowed me to relax, his mane still flowing graciously in the wind. “You are far from being in trouble, young one.”

“What a relief.” I replied awkwardly, not really knowing how to save the dying conversation. All types of thoughts run wild inside my head, endless sentences remaining blank.

“You have questions.” He took away my unconscious rambling, making me furrow my eyebrows at how he's already done that twice. It's like he knew how people's minds work.

“I do,” Trailing off, I then transferred my gaze to the glistening castle far in the distance. “But I'm afraid they wouldn't be worth to answer.”

Aslan hummed at my statement, smoothly shaking his head as if to disagree with me. “One's hunger for knowledge is always worth to satisfy,”

My eyes snapped to his own, widening at how the familiarity of the line brought a sense of nostalgia to me. As he begun to continue, my own mouth opened automatically to state it with him.

“Especially if one is fond of finding what is always there— which is the truth.”

Shaking my head in disbelief, a scoff of positivity came out from my mouth. Amusement danced at the face of the lion, assuming his original position which was to face forward.

How?” I asked confusedly, still not getting over the fact that he knew of the words my grandfather once told me. It was an endless quote in which he reminded me once I hesitate on asking him questions.

“Information spread in mysterious ways, dear one.” He replied vaguely, making me just drop it. Knowing that when someone was to be cryptic with their words, it meant that they wouldn't go further than that. It was something I also learned from my grandfather.

So I just started asking him questions that has been bothering me since the moment I arrived here. “What is the deep magic?”

“I believe Tumnus has already filled you on the simple explanation of it,” I frowned at his chosen reply, waiting for him to add more filling to it. “But think of it this way. It is a guide. That is filled with laws that everyone who is appointed to it must fulfill their duties properly.”

Slowly absorbing his words, I continued going in depth of his statement. Or in my family's words, go deeper into the details of it, for even the smallest of word can make a huge difference. As only a few minutes passed, I finally understood what he meant. But with a final question regarding the topic.

“What happens if one hugely fails to do it appropriately?”

His attention flickered to me, an underlying understanding as well as a feeling of being impressed signalling at my senses.

“The deep magic rights the wrong.”

Nodding at his words, I then squinted at the eye-catching structure that has been trying so desperately to get my attention.

“I am going to take a guess but is that Cair Paravel?” I tried sounding smart, not wanting to admit that I knew that only because of Tumnus saying a castle stood in the east of this camp. But that didn't work. The lion already knew it, as usual.

He hummed lowly, dramatically closing his eyes under the sunlight. “A castle in which you will sit on one of the five thrones.”

Now that was where I got more confused. Because assuming there are five thrones, and there are the same number of human arrivals at Narnia. How is it ensured that I also to had a seat there? Especially if the only thing I've been hearing about is that prophecy of myself arriving later.

“Destiny works in a questionable way, young one.” There he goes again, answering an unspoken inquiry. A mind reader, perhaps? Possibly.

“One last thing,” I finally stated, awaiting for this very moment to find an answer regarding the very thing I've been wanting to hear. The question that has been filling every corner of my mind, increasing my hunger towards the knowledge that I so desperately wanted to know. “What is my prophecy?

Aslan took his time to feel the fresh air enter his system, letting some small amount of time pass by before he finally opened his mouth to speak.

“A long time ago, a prophecy has been written. About a girl with natural peculiarities despite not coming from a magical world.” He started saying, preparing to say what has been destined for me. I waited patiently, ready to hear what is in store for my future. “It goes as stated:

Kindled with the fire of a natural vixen,

When she uses her wit, she confuses what's written,

When she opens her eyes, blue is golden,

She arise with the purpose of helping the ten,

Then when the conflict is over, she'll slumber again. ”

“Why does mine sound like a riddle?” My face scrunched into a scowl, memorizing every line of my prophecy to save it for later's understanding.

“You are an intelligent child, Ophelia. Wit is your weapon despite of your natural born abilities. Perhaps a riddle is only a mere doddle for you.”

At that, the both of us just rested upon the lines of the swaying silence. The warmth given by the tranquility of nature making us only relax with the same thoughts inside our heads. A storm is bubbling in the distance, who knows when it will arrive to temporarily disrupt the peace.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

264K 8.7K 68
⁺◞ ༉ ❪ orphic ❫ ꜜ anastasia beauregard was enchanting, but, above all, a mystery. with her american accent, stand offish demeanor, and a story...
227K 6.2K 34
When Hilaria was a child, she found in the woods by Aslan, her wounds had been too great for any healer and if she didn't get help soon, she would di...
252K 9.3K 60
❝𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘷𝘪𝘵𝘺.❞ ━━━━━━ 𝕮𝖍𝖎𝖒𝖆𝖊𝖗𝖆 ༻❁ though the world has kept us apart, this tether ...
123K 4.5K 21
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❝ "You have always been my King, Peter. Always." ❞ ~ in which nimueh is dragged back to the pl...