The Runaway Girlβœ”οΈ | A Christ...

By atruenarnian

Hayline developed a hopeless love towards an attractively handsome Rilden Green; a boy she saw playing guitar... More

Now Available on Amazon!
Introduction
CHARACTERS
PART I: LITTLE ONE
Chapter 1 - The Angel (new)
Chapter 2 - Little Sister (new)
Chapter 3 - New Home (new)
Chapter 4 - Hayline Houston (new)
PART II: TROUBLE MAGNET
Chapter 5 - First Sight (new)
Chapter 6 - Mysterious Boy
Chapter 7 - Crush Chase
Chapter 8 - Chocolate Wink
Chapter 9 - Phone Calls
Chapter 10 - Disgusted
Chapter 11 - Furious Brother
Chapter 13 - In Trouble
Chapter 14 - Another Nott
Chapter 15 - Bleeding Nose
Chapter 16 - Cost Of A Friend
Chapter 17 - Let It Go
Chapter 18 - Blue-Eyed Sticker
Chapter 19 - Love or Obsession
Chapter 20 - Official
Chapter 21 - Pool Of Blood
Chapter 22 - Turning Point
Chapter 23 - Back To Life
Chapter 24 - Heartbroken
Chapter 25 - Forgiveness
Chapter 26 - New Beginnings
Chapter 27 - That Voice

Chapter 12 - Summer Flight

545 59 65
By atruenarnian

Three boxes of chocolates -much to Mom's annoyance- and a box of Donuts welcomed me when I entered the kitchen with Haxsel. Our parents sat at the dining table and greeted me as I entered.

"You have guests." Dad teased as I reached out for the donut box.

"No, they're friends of her." mom joked from the opposite seat of the table where I stood.

"That's because, one item was brought by the friend and another was by the guest." Haxsel said as he walked to the other side of the table and sat next to mom.

"What do you mean?" I inquired, taking my place next to dad. Something soft nuzzled my toes and I looked below the table to see Nicky, licking his plate. "Seems someone enjoyed his lunch more than anyone else." I chuckled at him and he looked up, waging his tail as if he saw me only now since I entered the kitchen. Of course, he was too busy licking his plate to notice me.

"He wouldn't stop giving eyes ever since he smelled the donuts." mom shook her head.

I smiled down at him and looked at my brother, "So, what were you saying?" I asked him.

"Oh, it's just that, the chocolates are from Charlie and donuts are from... Nott; you know, uh.. all your... favorite flavors are in it." Haxsel said, not pleased.

I swallowed, of course, I doubted the donuts might be from him since I told him donuts are my favorite, once when he asked me. I retreated the hand that reached out to pick one chocolate donut that caught my eyes when I was confirmed they've been brought by Nott.

"He asked for you," mom started, glancing briefly at dad before looking at me, "and we told him you were called to Grandpa's home urgently."

I nodded.

"Plans were ruined though." Haxsel pipped up, which made our parents' heads shot up to look at him.

"What?" dad and mom asked in unison.

"You asked her to arrive quickly, didn't you?" my brother asked our mom, "She was standing beside Charlie, next to his Car, when Nott and I walked out of the gate."

"Oh dear," mom said, with a hand on her heart.

"That's fine mom. Before I left to Grandpa's house earlier today morning, I prayed to God for His will to be done; and that's what happened. I think, God wanted me to get over it by facing it than running away. I feel so relieved now." I said and explained how I ran into Charlie.

Dad nodded when I was done with explanations, "Anyway, I'm glad our God helped you to deal with it. For now onwards, seek for His help and guidance in everything, okay sunshine?" he asked.

I nodded smilingly, "So, aren't we going out for shopping?" I asked, glancing at mom since she was the person who hurried me back to home.

"Only after having some donuts." Haxsel said and reached out for the box and pulled it towards his side. Nicky jumped up to his feet as Haxsel said it and came out of his hiding place, wagging his tail at Hax. "Alright, alright, just a sec Nicks." Haxsel chuckled and raised his hands up over the food to bless it.

A thought suddenly struck in my mind, what if there could be any love potion added to the Donuts? I wanted to roll eyes at myself but I couldn't stop thinking, what if...

And when Haxsel passed me the chocolate donut I had eyed earlier, I twirled it before my eyes to check if I can find anything is not right with it. Everyone had already taken each small and big bite from their donuts while I prayed a silent prayer inside to God.

If there's anything like what I fear in this donut, or any of the donuts in this whole box, please purify them.

"Anything wrong honey?" mom asked.

"Nothing." I quickly said with a shrug of my right shoulder and took a bite of the donut.

I really am stupid.

*****

Since voicemaling was easier than texting, especially when there's a lot to explain, I decided to voicemail both of my friends before we leave for shopping. I was in my room, after having two delicious donuts and, being told to get ready.

I put on my favorite hoodie and jeans and pulled my hair back up in a ponytail, tucking the side-bangs behind my ear. When I put on my favorite golden round earrings, suddenly I remembered Emery.

When we were in the Mafia and Bobby Khuller's twin sister Fobby Khuller used to come to where we lived, Emery and I had this hopeless wish to have a golden round earring she used to wear. We used to talk about it countless times, and I hope, now she'll get that wish of hers fulfilled as I got mine.

I smiled sadly at my reflection in the mirror before reaching for my phone. There haven't been any more news about her in the articles, nor has her siblings posted anything on their social media accounts.

I sighed and pushed my worries aside and took WhatsApp. To my surprise, there was voicemail from Charlie. I played the audio.

"Hey Hayles, I'm so sorry our plans were ruined. I don't know what else to say, I'm sorry. I might could've helped by calling Hax and let him know that we're coming back for Nott's phone but he kept saying that I don't have to do so and "Don't worry, I'm pretty sure it's somewhere there in the living room so it's not a big deal" pfft, only if he knew I don't even care about his stupid phone at all. I'm sorry again, Hailey, I knew it would be a nightmare to you but it was out of my hands or we could've avoided the meeting. How are you feeling now? How's Hax reacting to this? Is he still inside the heating machine?"

The audio ended with a chuckle of his that made me to stifle a laugh of my own at his comment on my brother. I bet he didn't miss the daggers my brother was shooting at his cousin then.

I voicemailed him back, assuring that I'm fine and repeating the same words I told my parents before. And just as I quit from his chat and entered into the WhatsApp group Rex made for her, Emmy and I to connect together in necessary times, a knock sounded on my door.

"You ready Huns?" Haxsel's voice asked from outside.

"Yeah, just a moment." I called back and quickly recorded the audio to send them, explaining what happened today, as I promised them I will. I saw Emmy online but didn't had time to wait for her response but soon went out and got into dad's car after a short prayer with my family.

The mall we went for shopping was crowded as always it was, or to say, even more because it was Sunday today. We spend our time hanging out with shopping, buying all this and that. And when it was finally dark outside, dad announced we should eat something.

We sat around the table. I sat beside my brother as mom and dad sat opposite from us. As we waited for our ordered foods to arrive, I noticed dad and Haxsel exchanging glances. I got curious. I watched them like this for a while and finally ran out of patience.

"Come on!" I groaned, "What is it?" I asked impatiently and all three pairs of eyes fell on me.

"What's what?" Haxsel asked raising his eyebrows and a bit confused.

"Dad and Jonny are hiding something from us." I glanced at mom and told her, glancing briefly at dad.

"Excuse me?" Haxsel asked as the same time mom asked, "Are they?" leaning forward with her right arm resting on the table top and head tilted as she looked at her husband and son suspiciously.

"There is something, isn't there?" I asked my brother who looked at dad. Again.

"She's right. There is something." mom said firmly. "Come on what is it?" she pressed.

Dad looked at Haxsel and nodded but he shook his head at whatever that was behind the nod. "The honor is all yours, dad." Haxsel said, raising up his palms, "Just don't forget to give me my credits."

"So there is something!" I said eagerly, confirming to myself.

"Come on dad," Haxsel encouraged him, and leaned back on his chair with arms folded across his chest.

Mom and I glanced at dad, curiously. "Well," dad started, rubbing his hands together over the table top. He looked visibly amused as well. "It's nothing special really, so there's nothing to expect much. You seem so curious ladies, but it might not sound that interesting when I tell you. Although, I don't know, maybe it will, but probably won't but we'll see if it's interesting or not, I don't know but -"

Beside me, Haxsel have a snort, "You're trying to test their patience, aren't you?" he asked dad and chuckled.

"Seriously Bill?" Mom narrowed her eyes not-so-seriously at dad who chuckled along with Haxsel. So he was indeed trying to annoy us!

"Not so funny." I mumbled at the amused son and dad, "Come on, daddy."

"Alright alright," dad raised his hands in surrender and he seemed to look like he's going to skip right into the matter but my brother wouldn't stop chuckling.

"What's your problem?" mom asked, failing to sound serious as Haxsel wouldn't stop chuckling.

"Nothing." he said and covered his mouth with his hand which almost made me ask him the same question as mom, but dad spoke.

"Okay so, Jonny and I were planning for a leisure trip this month." dad announced.

I gasped silently, "Really?" Oh good finally; now I don't have to stuck bored in home for the rest of the holidays.

"To where exactly?" mom inquired.

"New York."

I gasped on top of my lungs, "You've gotta be kidding me!" I said in disbelief because I've always wanted to go to New York but never got a chance, although dad once promised me that he'd take me to there one day and now this is it. It is where dad and mom met and fell in love while staying there for their college studies. The last time they visited their love site was ten years ago with my brother who was just nearly fourteen then.

Mom looked at dad to Haxsel and then to dad. Her eyes has now lit up even more as the more surprised she looked. "Really?" she asked, in disbelief.

"Really." dad confirmed and put a hand around mom's shoulders, pressing a kiss to her temple.

Aww...

"Surprised?" Haxsel asked me.

"I can't believe it!" I said.

"Well, I had been planning a New York trip-"

Dad's words were cut off by Haxsel's, "Hello? We had been planning, remember?" he corrected dad.

Dad shrugged, "Yes but, I had been planning it since little sunshine" here he glanced at me and continued, "said she has a wish to visit New York." dad explained.

"But anyway, I'm the one who spoke out the plan in the first place as a suggestion." My brother argued for his right credit, although it was so funny to see both of them like this.

"Alright, both of you have the credits. When are we leaving?" mom asked, trying to change the matter.

"This 15th." dad said.

I mind-calculated. Today was 8th of July so...

"But 15 is Shabbat!" I said.

"Calm down, pumpkin. The flight is only after the sundown, so you and I have nothing to worry." Haxsel said casually.

"So it will be at night then?"

"You want to go to New York, don't you?"

I didn't say anything to that but my inside was jumping in excitement for the trip. And as we got back home with parcel food for Nicky who had to stay behind, I asked Haxsel to help me to get my empty trunk from the cupboard above.

"Are you sure you have to start packing now?" was what he asked me but did as I asked him.

Unlike my brother, I liked to have my things packed up early for any trips, so I don't have to rush here and there shouting out for things that I want and couldn't find in right time. And the whole weekend went by smoothly with the busy-ness of the upcoming trip.

There was no more of Nott and that was a huge relief to me.

Days went by and on Thursday, two days before our trip, I was selecting some of my favorite books to load in the bag, to read them if I ever want.

Half-blood Prince or Order of The Phoenix?

Holding each book on each hand, I wondered which one should come with me to New York. I chose Half-blood Prince and was about to walk back to the bag, but below my eyes, my phone pinged with a notification, on the table.

It was from Rex. I immediately took the phone in my free hand.

Did you see Naomi's Instagram story?

I texted back.

What's so special about her Instagram story all of a sudden?

I saw her texting back.

So you haven't seen it yet, or else this isn't what you'll be saying.

What's in her story?

You go and find out.

I don't have any time to waste on her stories now.

Only if you want to see him...

That got my attention. I didn't had to ask who is this him because the only him with Naomi that would have something to do with me was Rilden.

I quickly quit from WhatsApp without saying anything to Rex and took Instagram immediately. I had stories from people whose stories I've never missed but I ignored them now and swiped left through the pile of stories, searching for Naomi's.

Since I've never viewed any of her stories, I found it only when I was halfway through. I tapped on it and it opened with a picture of hers with...

..with Rilden.

I swallowed hard.

It was a selfie and Naomi had her one arm -that wasn't holding the phone for a selfie- around Rilden's neck. Both of them were smiling.

Two invisible horns of jealousy grew on both top sides of my head; blood red in color. I slammed the Half-blood Prince book on the table and digged nails into my free palm. Anger flashed in my eyes and I was gritting my teeth unknowingly.

But not until then did my eyes caught the writing over it.

Happy 16th Birthday Babe!
@rildengreen

My heart dropped to my stomach. Babe? Does that mean they are...

I felt my heart break a little. So Rex was right when she warned me about crushing on Rilden; Naomi was not just hanging around him like a flirtatious girl but they might've been dating.

But I couldn't believe Rilden can be that kind of boy to date a spoiled girl like her because he looked too precious and pure for her; not just by the outside charm but the inside honesty and goodness that flashed in his eyes.

Tears spring into my eyes. What was I even thinking? I don't even know him except for that I saw him in a worship session playing guitar and all what I got from Rex. And what about him? He doesn't even know me!

I stared at Rilden through the tears that had filled in my eyes. My tearful vision was blurred, so I blinked the tears out. I covered Naomi's face with my hand over the screen and stared at him, trying not to blink my eyes.

He was indescribably charming and his wide smile which took my breath away was worth millions. His eyes were dark, a color that I couldn't make out because of the picture quality. Thick and dark lashes& eyebrows, strong jawline, messy brown curls... I heaved a loud sigh and stared helplessly at him with a longing in my heart that was worth nothing now.

This was one perfect picture of him and I screenshoted it. When I get time, I'm definitely going to cut Naomi out of the picture, that's another matter.

I sat on my bed, starstruck at his picture again. I know he's not mine and I knew he can't be mine; even though, I couldn't help but do this. So, it's his birthday today; 13th of July and he's turned 16. I had already expected him to be around sixteen and now I'm proved right.

Oh how badly I want to be in my Jerusalem now!

Suddenly I got plan, a plan worth nothing, to be honest but I thought to give it a try. I messaged Naomi, too dramatically in my taste.

Hey Noms! You didn't tell me you have a boyfriend! Nice job girl, how can you not tell me such news! Who is he?

I rolled my eyes at myself after reading the text and clicked the send button. She was active only 5 hours ago, so there's no point in waiting for her reply now. But there was one person online and I texted her, Rex.

Saw it.

Hmm... I saw Rilden today at the youth meeting and he invited me to his birthday party at Gideon's home.

Really? He invited you?

Technically, he invited everyone who were present there, so yeah.

And, you're going?

Yes, can't resist it, he was incredibly humble and nice.

Hmm... I can see that. Are you going alone or with Nathan?

Of course. Do you really think my brother would allow me to go alone? Especially at night? Nathan was invited too. They're friends, btw.

No doubt. So, Naomi is his girlfriend.

I'm trying to figure that out. I'm sorry Hayles, I know how you feel.

No you don't.

Come on, just because she wrote a word 'babe' there, we can't be sure if they're actually dating.

Well, we'll see about that sooner or later. I've texted her.

Tell me you're joking. That's so unlike you.

Someone had to play the drama queen.

I wish if you were here though.

Why?

You could've gotten a chance with him.

*laughs* thanks for your concern but I think this is what God wants. I should've been there to meet him this summer but apparently it was postponed to December and my account got blocked in his Instagram, so what's the point?

I dunno.

Bye now, I've gotta clear my mind.

Bye.

I took a deep breath, in order to calm myself down but it wasn't working. I was slipping slowly into frustration again. My overjoyed mood for our New York trip doesn't sound fun to me now.

Why was I to see him in that worship that made made me fall for him if he isn't actually meant for me?

*****

I waited all night. But Naomi haven't responded to my message yet. I wondered if she was purposely avoiding me but she wasn't that type; she loved friendship with people who were popular, charming and rich. These aren't my words but Rex's brother's; when I asked him which in these category do I fit in for her, and he told me, all three.

I chuckled at the memory. It was at my last time in Israel when we were in a coffee shop. Anyway, Nathan must be right, because I saw that Naomi haven't seen my message yet, so she isn't purposely avoiding me.

Her reply came only when I woke up next day.

Sorry Hayles for not reaching back to you soon! I'm so sorry, okay? Don't get me wrong, please. I was all busy with a birthday party. Yes, it was his birthday party, you know, the boy you asked me if he's my boyfriend. Well, I'm surprised! How on earth did you figure out right! Yes, he's my boyfriend. His name's Rilden Green, he lives in your country, girl, but from Minnesota. I'm so in love with my boy! Don't we look cute together? Oh and, I'm sorry I didn't tell that to you. Yeah, I should've let you know, I'm so sorry, it kind of happened not-so-while ago. Thanks for checking on me. Love ya, gal!

I couldn't stop rolling my eyes and sticking out my tongue all throughout the message. All anger and jealous were fuming inside me towards her but there was no point. First, Rilden wasn't mine, I never knew his existence and secondly, God won't be pleased with me if I keep thinking about him who has a girlfriend now.

It hurts but I knew that, To Love Is To Let Go Too; it was something I read from a romance novel and had been in my mind always, but I never knew that same thing would come for me.

Throughout the day, my mood was dull. Mom asked me if anything is wrong but I told her, no I think it's because of my worst week is nearing. She just nodded and let go of it.

And finally after the sunset on Saturday, we left with our luggages to the airport in a cab dad had booked. We dropped Nicky at our grandparents' house and drove off to our destination. It was sad to watch Nicky stay behind, barking and wagging his tail at us as we left but dad said, it's good if he stays there than coming with us to New York.

We reached the airport by 7:30pm and after all the checkings and things, at sharp 10:15, our flight took off to the sky, to New York; another wish of mine coming true.

*****

New York was nothing like I've imagined.

It was just more.

I gasped at the sight of the outside world -that looked like bathed in light- from the hotel room we were staying. We were in a five star hotel, which I wondered why my brother chose; because it'll be too expensive. Apparently, I came to know that this hotel belongs to the Canfields -Harry's and Maxell's family's- when our car was driven in, by the name written with light on the building, Canfield. Haxsel then told me that, Max had arranged everything for us in a cheap rate because we're close friends and he was more like a family member to us.

Too tried and more excited, we went to bed after having dinner that arrived to our room as we ordered. Mom and dad chose one of the two bedrooms while Haxsel and I shared the other.

Our parents' wedding anniversary was on the way, which was the other reason we came here, to celebrate the event. And that had me started to worry about, what gift should I buy for our parents for their upcoming anniversary. But much to my huge relief, Haxsel already had something planned out.

"It's a family blanket."

"A what?" I asked, I mean, is he being serious? A family blanket as a wedding anniversary gift?

"You heard me." he said, laying back on the comfy bed with his arms folded under his head.

"Of course, but a blanket Jonny? Are you serious?" I shook my head in disbelief.

He chuckled, "It's not just any blanket, it's a blanket of memories."

I rolled my eyes, not getting his point. "As if it's possible to cast a spell and create such blanket from your mysterious wand." I said, keeping my phone aside after completely done with the cropping of Rilden's picture I screenshoted from Naomi's story. I was almost at the point of deleting the picture after I was confirmed that he and Naomi are a couple now; but I couldn't, not just yet.

My brother chuckled loudly, visibly amused by what I said. "This is not wand casted, little girl, but made out of modern technologies." he said, reaching his hand to ruffle my hair but I blocked his reach; I just had my hair brushed for bed now.

"What kind of modern technology?" I inquired, folding my arms across my chest after making sure he won't reach out to ruffle my hair again.

He sat up, took his phone, unlocked, took Google, typed something so fast that I didn't get to read, which led us straight into a website.

"What's this?" I asked, curiously looking into his phone.

"A professional graphics studio." he said and turned his eyes from the phone to me, "I've booked for a graphical blanket here with our old and new photos together with dad and mom which we had captured during several events. I ordered and send them all chosen pictures online and gave an advance payment. So, in time, it will get ready." my brother explained, and I think I got exactly what he's trying to say.

"But where can we get it from? Where's the shop?"

"Just 5 kilometers away from our hotel." Haxsel smirked and I gasped, "What a genius of a brother you are?"

"All by God's grace." my brother said humbly. "But we need to keep this secret." he told me as if I don't know.

I rolled my eyes, "No one blows out surprises."

"Alright then, we better get some sleep now. Tomorrow we've got a big day and," he paused before continuing, "We need to make an excuse to dad and mom and go and see how our blanket is coming out."

"That sounds great, but when?" I asked.

"We'll figure out."

*****

The next few days, we were rounding the city and the well-known places in a car dad has rented. It was so fun that I forgot all my worries, by God's grace. I wondered if I could forget all my worries like this and pretend I never knew them, but that was impossible.

"Why don't you both go and visit your old love sites and have a date?" Haxsel spoke all of a sudden whilst having lunch in our room.

"But what about you two?" mom asked, glancing at the two of us. I tried not to smile even a little and pretend like I don't know what my brother is talking about.

"Hailey and I will have a siblings date by. What do you think, huns?" Haxsel nudged my arm with his elbow as he asked.

"Oh that's would be delightful!" I smiled at my brother and turned to our parents, "He's right, you two should go and renew your old times."

"See," my brother shrugged.

"But I don't think I'm willing to let Hailey out of my sight, especially since we're in a strange place." dad said.

"Hello? Are we all here? She's coming with me. With me, okay? So, there's nothing that can go bad. And above all, God will be watching over us." Haxsel said.

"I have no problem with that if you think you want to go out yourselves..." mom paused and glanced at dad, giving him a look that made him give up. It might be their strong love bond that helps them to talk to each other with one look in the eye.

Dad's approval was the only thing we needed since we both knew mom would always allow, especially for a siblings date. And since dad gave the permission, Haxsel quickly rented one of the cars in the Canfield hotel that was for rent, and we ride off to our destination as mom and dad took the car dad rented and rode off to their destination.

We stopped by the graphics studio first, before planning out what to do and where to go for the rest of the date. A woman greeted us by the counter as we entered and Haxsel gave the details of our package and asked how it's coming out. The woman called an employee, a brunette girl in her early twenties, and asked her to volunteer us.

The brunette led us inside to a room where some people were sitting in some of the chairs there. She walked to a counter and asked for my brother's name, to confirm the package. She texted something in her laptop and told us it'll be finished by Saturday. Haxsel and I exchanged glances; we can't drive out on Shabbat other than to our community, so my brother asked if they could do a door delivery. The girl thought for a second and called someone on phone and then agreed she'll arrange the door delivery.

By the time Haxsel gave the girl the address to our room in the hotel, I took a look around. This place indeed look like a graphics studio with all the decorations that were done graphically on the walls and even on the floor. During my examination, my eyes suddenly landed on a boy with hair like Jack Frost, who was sitting there with a magazine in his hands. I startled a bit when I found he was already looking at me and when I returned the look, he smirked.

I almost jumped out of skin as I turned my head away, griping onto my brother's hand. That's when my attention fell on the conversation between my brother and the brunette girl, which eventually has turned into a flirtatious conversation. My brother tried to slip out of it but she wouldn't let go and finally when she asked for his number, I cleared my throat.

The girl's eyes turned to me and I gave her the best death glare I can provide, with a warning written in them. She immediately lowered her gaze and muttered a sorry under her breath.

"Are we done?" I asked Haxsel, who nodded. He then turned to the girl, "My number is in the form I've filled online; give it to whoever's going to deliver the package but, don't misuse it." he warned the girl while I smirked triumphantly.

"Yes, sir." I heard her say as we turned in our backs and exited.

When we got back into the car, Haxsel wouldn't stop adoring my courage to stand up for him. He was roaring with laughter saying how hilarious she looked. To be honest, I was surprised at my sudden found courage, although I knew, any courage will surely come in action when it comes to rescuing my brother.

The rest of the ride to was full of laughter. My brother suggested to park the car somewhere and walk through the New York streets, saying it's the best way to enjoy its beauty.

A lot of people on the street were looking at us as we walked past because I was laughing all the way to my brother's neverending jokes. We walked and walked enjoying everything around us until our legs eventually stopped together at same spot, when we came across an ice cream parlor.

A huge smile spread across my face as I realized I'm not the only one who has stopped. With one look at each other, we agreed and sat at of the many tables that were set outside of the parlor. There were only a few tables empty, others were occupied. We chose the table near to the walkpath and sat across each other after ordering our desserts.

Haxsel started cracking up his jokes again and I had to cover my mouth from laughing out aloud.

"Okay, this is a question for you." he said, as we waited for our desserts.

"Alright, go on,"

"Voldemort went to a barber shop.." he began.

"Excuse me?" I stifled a laugh.

"Ah, listen." he waved a hand dismissively and continued, "So, Voldemort went to a barber shop to cut his hair."

"Okay?"

"But the barber said, that can't be done. Do you know why?" my brother asked, smirking.

I searched for answers in my head. "Because they're full of cilents?" I tried to guess.

"What? No." Haxsel bit back a laugh.

"Then what? They're afraid of him?"

"No."

"Their scissors aren't sharp?" I know how silly that sounds but what could possibly be the reason?

Haxsel facepalms.

"I don't know!" I groaned.

"Did a potterhead just gave up?" Haxsel teased.

"But that was a ridiculous question you asked!" I argued. Hey, don't question my potterhead pride!

"Here I thought my sister has got a nice brain." Haxsel shook his head and continued, "Voldemort don't have hair."

Wait.

I gasped. Oh you silly girl! I slapped my head in disbelief. What a fool I was, of course, Voldemort don't have hair!

I had nothing to say but only to laugh, followed by my brother. My stomach began to hurt at last and I bet my face is red now.

But our laughter didn't last long as I heard a female voice from just behind me.

"Haxsel? Is that you?"

Both of our laughs came to an abrupt stop and I saw my brother glancing at my back, above my head, and his eyes slightly went wide in shock.

I didn't had to turn my head around, because whoever the voice belongs, came to our table and stood beside us.

A tall blonde girl I recognized from my memories of some years before; the girl, at whose sight I wanted to forget the godliness and go for her throat; the girl who once promised to be my big sister; the girl who broke my brother's heart.

Jade Odden; my brother's ex.

—— ——

A/N: Okay. Sorry this chapter wasn't as interesting as the last ones. But this took me like forever to write. But just you wait, things are only going to get wilder... The more I think of the upcoming chapter plots, the more I realize, my story is on the dramatic side.

There's more to come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

369K 43.3K 28
"π’šπ’π’– 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 π’ƒπ’“π’†π’‚π’Œ π’Žπ’š 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 π’Šπ’ π’•π’˜π’ 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’˜π’‰π’†π’ π’Šπ’• 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒔, π’Šπ’• 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 π’šπ’π’–" ...
297K 10.1K 35
The Sokolov brothers are everything most girls want. Intimidating, tall, broody, they are everything to lust after. Not that they... particularly car...
916K 49.7K 58
π’πœπžπ§π­ 𝐨𝐟 π‹π¨π―πžγ€’ππ² π₯𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐬 γ€ˆπ›π¨π¨π€ 1〉 π‘Άπ’‘π’‘π’π’”π’Šπ’•π’†π’” 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕 ✰|| 𝑺𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍𝒂 𝑴�...
276K 18.9K 20
"YOU ARE MINE TO KEEP OR TO KILL" ~~~ Kiaan and Izna are like completely two different poles. They both belong to two different RIVAL FAMILIES. It's...