Karna- The Hero Chosen by the...

By vikramdey

What will happen if Karna was destined to be the son of Suryadev and Devi Sangya but due to some circumstance... More

Introduction
Devi Sangya's yearning for a son
Sage Durbasha's Curse
Kunti's mistake- Boon or curse
Karna-The hero was born
Devi Ganga's blessing
Karna-not a happy childhood
The truth revealed- a big decision
Bhayankarasur
Conspiracy against Karna
Kumbhilla Forest
A new beginning
Karna's New journey
Lord Parshuram
Convincing Lord Parshuram
Training from Lord Parshuram
Meeting with the parents
Fight with Indra
Whom will Karna choose?
Back to Hastinapur- Karna meets Kunti
Tournament
Panchal war
Aswatthama's mistake
Lord Parshuram's Gurudakshina
Karna's new Friend
Defeating Pandavas
Varanavat
Saving Pandavas,
Jarasandha imprisoned Kauravas
Jarasandha Vadh
Who is Karna's soulmate?
Panchali's swyamvar
Draupadi's decision
Beginning of a love story
Return of Pandavas
Duryodhana's love
Saving Bhanumati
Karnasangini
Karna defeated
Karna proposed Avni
Shishupal vadh
Karna left Duryadhana
Shakuni's Plan
Chandasur attacked Hastinapur
Takshak's revenge
Big truth revealed
Shakuni's master plan (I)
Shakuni's master plan (II)
Invitation
Announcement
Dice game (I)
Dice game (II)
The sacrifice of a brother
Aftermath
Aftermath II
Vanvas
Digvijaya (I)
Digvijaya (II)
Karna's Master stroke
Karna-Avni Vivah
Announcement
Conspiracy by Asurs
Jayadrath
Question
Agyatvas
Keechak Vadh
Virat war (I)
Announcement
Virat war (II)
Virat War (III)
Bhayankarasur's dangerous planning
Apologies
Dwarka
Power of a true Sati
Birth of new God and Goddess
Goddess of Protection
Saving Suryadev
Preparation for the upcoming Mahayudh
Mahayudh (I)
Mahayudh (II)
Night Attack
Antim Yudh
Trailer of an upcoming book
Rewards and Punishment

Yudhishtir's coronation: Krishna met Karna

4.4K 174 16
By vikramdey

Kunti was very upset about her sons' behavior. She knew that enmity was growing between her sons and it was the Pandavas who were responsible for these. Karna never started the argument but it was her sons' ego that forced Karna to fight with his brothers. Kunti had no idea how to end this enmity. She knew none of her sons were bad, it was just their princely upbringing that made them jealous of Karna's talent. 

Kunti entered her sons' room. All of them were upset and sad because of their defeat. Seeing this Kunti became angry.

Kunti, 'Putro, today you did a grave mistake. You said such bad things about elders.'

Bheem, 'Mata we did not disrespect any elders."

Kunti (angrily), 'I know what you said about Karna's parents. Though they are Suta but they are your elders. Is that what I taught you?'

Yudhisthir, 'No Mata, please don't get upset. We are ashamed of our actions. We know what we did was wrong. Karna is really talented.'

Kunti, 'Then say sorry to Karna.' Then she left.

Bheem, 'I am not going to say sorry to that Adharmi.'

Yudhisthir, 'No Bheem. He is not Adharmi. Mamashri Shakuni is right, when Lord Parshuram himself taught him then who are we to question his decision.'

Bheem, 'Jyasht he befriended with that evil Duryodhana. That's adharm enough.'

Sahadev, 'No Bhrata Bheem, I don't think he is that bad. As when he defeated us, he did not say anything bad. In fact, he always behaves very politely with us.'

Nakul, 'Still I don't trust him.'

Few weeks passed. Karna and Duryodhana became inseparable. Whenever Duryodhana got angry at someone Karna had calmed him down with his logical words. First Duryodhana became angry with him but after some time he realized that Karna was right. Karna also tried to decrease his hatred towards the Pandavas. Karna also realized that Shakuni was the mastermind behind Kauravas' increasing enmity with Pandavas. From his father, Karna came to know about the story behind Gandhari's marriage and the war of Gandhar. So now Karna was confirmed that Shakuni had a very strong motive to conspire against the Kuru dynasty. He was using his nephew as a pawn in the game of politics. Karna also started to question Shakuni's love towards his nephews as well. An evil man like Shakuni could even kill the Kauravas if necessary. So now Karna's main mission was to keep Duryodhana away from mama Shakuni as far as possible. Though it was tough as Duryodhana believed in his Mama blindly, Karna still tried. 

Karna also tried to improve his relationship with Pandavas as well. But except Yudhishthir all other Pandu brothers avoided him and Bheem did not leave any chance to taunt him. Karna felt bad but he still tried.

A few days later

In Dhritarashtra's room

Dhritarashtra, 'Shakuni, I really don't know what to do. Mahamantri Vidur, Pitamaha Bheesm, Kripacharya, and Dronacharya are forcing me to make Yudhishtir the crown prince. After defeating Panchalraj they proved their strength. How could I say no to them.'

Shakuni, 'Then make him the crown prince.'

 Dhritarashtra, 'What are you out of your mind?'

Shakuni, 'Maharaj, being a crown prince does not mean he can be the king. I have an idea that can remove those Pandavas from our way.'

Dhritarashtra, 'How? Are you going to use Karna? I came to know that he defeated all the Pandavas single-handedly.'

Shakuni, 'No Maharaj. I tried to talk to Duryodhana about that today. But he told me Karna will never do any Adharma. In fact, he told Duryodhana that he will leave his side if we do any adharma.'

Dhritarashtra, 'So what's the point to keep that Sutputra with us, if he is not going to  helps us to kill the Pandavas?'

Shakuni, 'He is necessary for our dream to make Duryodhana the Chakravarti Samrat. Did not you remember what Lord Parshuram said on the day of the tournament? He gave him the blessing to be Digvijayee.'  

Dhritrashtra, 'Then what will I do?'

Shakuni, ' Announce Yudhishtir the crown prince and then ask for some time for preparations. Then a few days later send him to Varanavat for the Yagna. Leave the rest to me. I assure you, they will not return. But don't tell anything to Duryodhana. I just want to give him a surprise.'

As per the plan, Dhritarashtra announced Yudhishtir the crown prince and Duryodhana almost exploded in rage. Gandhari was scared, seeing his temper and she ordered one of a Dasi to call Karna in the Palace. Karna came and somehow managed to calm him down. 
Karna, 'Why are you so upset? You know that after the Panchal war Yudhishtir's coronation is inevitable.'
Duryodhana (roared), 'That's not fair. It is my empire and I am supposed to be the king. Those Pandavas cheated.'
Karna, 'Mitra tell me why you were upset when Bheem said I cheated on the tournament with Arjun?'
Duryodhana, 'Because you won fair...what do mean?'
Karna, 'Pandavas also won the war fairly. So it is also bad to unnecessarily blame them. Mitra if you reacted in that way, everyone will call you jealous and I don't want anyone to badmouth you. You are a great warrior. If you did not receive your throne from your father then you have the capacity to win a kingdom for yourself.'
Shakuni, 'Why Duryadhona needs to fight to get his own kingdom. He is the true heir of the Kuru dynasty. If war is necessary then it's better to fight the Pandavas.'
Karna, 'So you are asking him to do fratricide. Gandharraj, it will tarnish my friend's honor in the entire Aryavrat. Everyone will say that Kurus are fighting among themselves. It will reduce the strength of Hastinapur and the enemies will definitely take the chance to attack us.'
Aswatthama,' So what do you suggest? Sit here quietly without doing anything?'
Karna, 'First of all please stop being jealous of the Pandavas. A true warrior always appreciates other's talents and tries to make himself better. Mitra, if you did not want to behave nicely at least don't show your arrogance to them. And most importantly show everyone your worth. Please take some responsibilities in administrative works. Help Mahamantri and Pitamaha.  Then they themselves will appreciate you.'
Shakuni (thinking),' This sutputra is ruining my plans. All I want to start a fight between the cousins to diminish the strength of this family. I have to think of something to remove the Pandavas and make Duryadhona a puppet king whose strings will be pulled by me.'

As per his plan, king Dhritarashtra prepared for the coronation. He invited all the kings with whom they had alliances. Karna was happy that at least Pandavas and Kauravas were not fighting. They just avoided each other. But he was sure about one thing, Mama Shakuni would definitely try to harm Pandavas. But Karna always kept an eye on him to thwart his evil plans.
But one thing that worried him most was Yudhishthir's ignorance of all the conspiracy. That man was too naive to see the web of deception around them. So he decided to talk to Kunti as other Pandavas would not listen to him.

Karna knew that Kuni went to the temple alone everyday morning. So he decided to wait for her there. Then he saw Kunti came with her sakhi Priyamvada. He waited outside the temple and when they came out, he requested a private audience with her. Kunti was shocked to see her eldest there but asked Priyamvada to leave.

Kunti, 'Tell me, son, what do you want to tell me?'

Karna, 'Parnipat Maharani, I wanted to tell you something very sensitive. Please don't take it otherwise but I think a big conspiracy is going on against your sons. Please ask them to be careful and not to believe in anyone blindly.'

Kunti, 'But who is conspiring against my sons and why don't you go to Pitamah or Mahamantri and warn them about it.'

Karna (smiled), 'Maharani, I cannot say anything to anyone as I don't have any proof but trust me. Though I am a friend of Duryadhona, I am a well-wisher of everyone. And my friend Duryadhona, maybe arrogant, egoistic, and a little selfish but not an evil person either. There are some people who are misguiding him and trying to harm Pandavas. So please be careful. And don't tell anyone about our conversation.'

Saying that Karna left the place. Kunti was scared after hearing about the conspiracy but also happy that her eldest was trying to help her other sons even after they behaved rudely with him.

Later at night, Karna was thinking about the political scenario in Hastinapur. Yudhishthir was going to be the crown prince. He knew that Mama Shakuni would definitely do something to stop the coronation. He had to do something but what?

Karna (thinking), 'He Prabhu, please help me. I have 105 brothers who are ready to rip each other's throat. One of them is too naive and the other beliefs in his evil mama blindly. God, how am I supposed to end this enmity? Prabhu, now you are my only hope.'

Krishna to Karna. 'Don't worry, soon I will come to meet you.'

Krishna to Rukmini, 'Devi, get ready. Both you and Dau are coming with me to Hastinapur.'

Balram, 'Hastinapur?'

Krishna, 'Yes Dau, they invited us for Yudhishtir's coronation. In fact, I myself wanted to meet king Dhritarashtra about the problem we are having with Jarasandha. Jarasandha imprisoned 86 kings who are our allies and wanted to sacrifice them in his dark ritual to gain immense power. We need Hastinapur's help to defeat him.'

Balaram, 'Kanha do you think Hastinapur can help us? I mean Jarasandha made an alliance with Asuras. So it is almost impossible to defeat him as by doing dark rituals he became very powerful. Only a person with divine power can kill him. I know Kunti Bua's sons are devputras but they are all mortals. They cannot fight with the dark magics.'

Krishna, 'Dau I don't need the prince's help. There is only one person who though being a mortal still has the powers like Devas. Tridevs and Navgrahas helped him to attain his divinity. Kunti bua's eldest will help us.'

Krishna (thinking), 'Karna, I told your mata Sangya once that in this Dharmayudh you will be my Sahayoddha. So it's time to start the war. I am coming to meet you.'

Two days before the coronation

The preparation was in full swing. Everybody in the palace was busy with the works like decorations, food arrangements, entertainment, etc. At first, Duryadona and the other Kauravas were not ready to take part in the arrangement but Karna convinced him to help Pitamaha and Mahamantri.  Duryadona took the duty to welcome the guests as according to Karna it was a good way to know their allies. Till now everything was going smoothly. Karna was also excited to meet Krishna.

Karna (in mind), 'My Prabhu is coming today. I want to welcome him but he is the royalty of Dwarka. He will stay in the royal chambers, busy with the rich people. Then how will I be able to meet him? Prabhu always fulfills his devotee's wishes, will he not fulfill my wish?

He was going towards Duryadona's chamber to see if he was ready to welcome the guests. Karna saw Duryadona was sitting with a scowl on his face. 

Karna (laughing), 'Why so angry Mitra? Come on, the guests will run away if they see your face.'

Duryadona, 'You are laughing? What are you....my friend or enemy? I am cursing my bad luck that I am going to welcome the guests in Yudhishthir's coronation.'

Karna helped him to get ready and told him, 'Tell me one thing, Mitra. Did ever you brother Yudhishtir behave badly or insulted you or your parents? No right..... so why do you always think of him as your enemy. Maybe he is not a bad person, maybe he really loves you.'

Duryadona, 'Pandavas....love me.....are you gone mad or drank too much wine in the morning?'

Karna, 'No I am not mad or drunk, but I believe not to judge a book by its cover. I always want to give others a chance. And most importantly I never think of a man as  my enemy unless I have solid proof against him.'

Duryadona, 'But he is trying to take my throne. Mamashri told me after becoming the king he will kill us all.'

Karna, 'Mitra he is the eldest of all kuru princess, they proved their ability in battle, naturally, it is him who will get the throne. And if in the future he tries to harm you, then you are more than capable enough to defend yourself and your family. But before that please don't do anything that will give Pitamaha and Mahamantri a chance to point fingers at you.'

Then he asked Duryadona to check the preparations and then left. Duryadona was a little sad as he wanted his friend to be there with him but he knew as Karna was not royalty or a worker of the royal family, he could not stay with him. 

Karna returned to his village, but instead of going back to his house, he went to the nearby forest. He was feeling sad as he could not welcome his Prabhu personally, so to calm himself he decided to go to the forest and practice archery. 

In the forest,

Karna was busy with his practice. Suddenly he heard the sound of a chariot coming towards him. Then a beautiful chariot came into view with 3 people on it. When it came near him, Karna immediately recognized the flag of Dwarka. Then he saw the person for whom he was waiting.  

Krishna was driving the chariot and both Devi Rukmini and mahabali Balaram were with him. 

Krishna, 'Hello, we are going to Hastinapur Palace. Can you please tell us the way? 

Karna (emotionally), 'Prabhu!'

Krishna, 'How are you, Karna?'

Karna bowed down and touched their feet, 'Prabhu you, Mata Laxmi and Sheshnaagji are here. I am honored. I wanted to meet you and you came to me.'

Krishna, 'You are my true devotee, it is my duty to fulfill your wish. Now I have to go but soon we will meet again. After all, you are going to be an important warrior in this dharmayudh.'   

Next episode- Special guest in Karna's house. Varanavat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

167K 8.3K 67
what would happen if Kunti told Pandu about karna ,before Pandu's dead and he accepted karna as his eldest son ,but despite trying in every way ,ka...
23K 1.1K 15
What if Karna was the incarnation of one of the strongest Warriors of Treta Yuga (Second Age)? What if he was an ansh of Mahadev? What if Lord Surya...
Another Chance for Lives By

Historical Fiction

46.2K 2.2K 41
Karna and Draupadi. A story for many who wanted another chance for Karna and Draupadi. What if the Gods decides to give them another chance? What wi...
67K 3.4K 32
~Book 1 of Mother's secret series~ After the incident in the graduation arena, where Karna has sworn himself in front of the entire kingdom to Duryod...