Soft Whispers - Fred Weasley...

By uglydiaries

πƒπŽπ'𝐓 π˜πŽπ” 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 π˜πŽπ” πƒπŽ π“πŽ πŒπ„? 𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐄𝐀𝐓, 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏, πŽπ‘ ππ‹πŽπŽπƒπ˜ 𝐓... More

Author's note
[ Chapter 1 ]
[ Chapter 2 ]
[ Chapter 3 ]
[ Chapter 4 ]
[ Chapter 5 ]
[ Chapter 6 ]
[ Chapter 7 ]
A/N
[ Chapter 8 ]
[ Chapter 9 ]
[ Chapter 10 ]
[ Chapter 11 ]
[ Chapter 12 ]
[ Chapter 13 ]
[ Chapter 14 ]
[ Chapter 15 ]
[ Chapter 16 ]
[ Chapter 17 ]
[ Chapter 18 ]
[ Chapter 19 ]
[ Chapter 20 ]
[ Chapter 21 ]
[ Chapter 22 ]
[ Chapter 23 ]
[ Chapter 24 ]
[ Chapter 25 ]
[ Chapter 26 ]
[Chapter 27 ]
[ Chapter 28 ]
[ Chapter 29 ]
[ Chapter 30 ]
[ Chapter 31 ]
[ Chapter 32 ]
[ Chapter 33 ]
[ Chapter 34 ]
[ Chapter 35 ]
[ Chapter 36 ]
[ Chapter 37 ]
[ Chapter 38 ]
[ Chapter 39 ]
[ Chapter 40 ]
[ Chapter 41 ]
[ Chapter 42 ]
[ Chapter 43 ]
[ Chapter 44 ]
[ Chapter 45 ]
[ Chapter 47 ]
[ Chapter 48 ]
[ Chapter 49 ]
[ Chapter 50 ]
[ Chapter 51 ]
[ Chapter 52 ]
[ Chapter 53]
[ Chapter 54 ]
Surprise <3
[ Chapter 55 ]
[ Chapter 56 ]
[ Chapter 57 ]
[Chapter 58]
[ Chapter 59 ]
[ Chapter 60 ]
[ Chapter 61 ]
Author Note <3
[ Chapter 62 ]
[ Chapter 63 ]
[ Chapter 64 ]
[ Chapter 65 ]
[ Chapter 66 ]

[ Chapter 46 ]

2.1K 61 216
By uglydiaries

"Thank you, but I'm going to have to decline," (y/n) said as she felt the guilt rise up in her stomach.

The boy she had just met thirty seconds prior held his head low before nodding. He was a boy from Durmstrang, someone she had seen walk with Krum around the school. "Do you have another date?" He asked, crossing his arms in front of him.

"No, she just doesn't want to go with you," Wren said wrapping an arm around her shoulder. The Durmstrang boy shot Wren a glare before walking away.

"Way that really necessarily?" (Y/n) huffed as she walked down the corridor, her Herbology book in hand.

"(Y/n), that was your fifth proposal to the Yule Ball this week."

"I know, what do you want me to do about it?"

"Say yes to one of them? I mean that guy wasn't bad looking, what was his name again? Izak?"

(Y/n) tried to hold the laughter that was bubbling in her stomach. "I don't even know. I'm just hoping well, you know."

Wren nodded before walking into Herbology class with her. She was hoping that Fred would get the courage and ask her, but they were two weeks away from the ball and she was losing all hope. She had already turned down eight people all together, and at the rate it was all going, she was going to end up alone.

"Good morning everyone," Professor Sprout said, walking up to the front of the class. "Today we will be working in pairs and looking at the properties of fluxweed. I would like an essay written by next class," she stated before going behind her desk and working on a plant (y/n) had never seen before.

"Partners?" Wren asked, moving his hand in front of her dramatically.

"Wouldn't want it any other way," she said as they sat next to each other and began working. (y/n) was already familiar with fluxweed as Angelina had gone over all the healing properties the moment she realized they would be learning about it in their sixth year. It was also one of the main ingredients in the Polyjuice potion.

After an hour of class, (y/n) and Wren grabbed their belongings before heading out to the Black Lake where they were going to meet Angelina, Lee, and the twins. She hadn't realized how much she missed hanging with them all together until they made the plans. Between helping Harry figure out what the second task was and her schoolwork she hadn't had much time to enjoy the company of her friends.

From the outside of the corridor she could already see them. Angelina was currently trying to braid George's hair as Lee sat across throwing grass at them. Fred was laying down looking up at the sky as he pointed at different clouds.

Angelina was giggling, and (y/n) was kind of happy that she had skipped Herbology to spend time with George. 

"WATCH IT!" A Slytherin screamed as she pushed passed student that were walking. "Ungrateful! MOVE!" She said hitting her shoulder into (y/n)'s -making her fall back.

(Y/n) closed her eyes, waiting for the impact of the fall but it never came. It was a moment later that she realized she was in someone's arms. "You caught me?" She asked, allowing it to draw out as a question as she looked up. 

"What was I supposed to do love? Let you fall?"

(Y/n) gained her balance standing up completely as she looked into Cedric's eyes. He was smiling at her as he took a step forward. "Thank you," she said, now realizing that everyone was watching them.

"Look, I know this might make things a little complicated especially with that article about us, but would you do me the honor of being my date to the Yule Ball? I'm in love with (y/n) and I have been for quite some time. So, be mine?" He asked, holding up a single rose.

(Y/n) felt her cheeks heat up as she felt everyone starring at her for an answer. Wren who was standing next to her dropped his mouth in disbelief as if he wasn't sure he heard right.

"Cedric," she whispered, not sure how to handle any of this. "I'm sorry."

"Hey, it's okay," he said, grabbing her hand and giving her the rose. "Keep it, it complements your beauty. I know I had to shoot my shot. I just hoped that maybe you had gotten over Weasley. Friends?" He asked, keeping his hand up in the air for her to take.

She smiled, gripping his hand. "Friends."

"Well, I uh I'm going to go before this gets any more awkward," he said- turning around and heading off down the corridor.

"I can't believe he just asked you," Wren said, still in disbelief.

"Why? We all knew he liked me. It wasn't really a secret," she said, turning around and heading to her group of friends. She stopped in her track as she realized that Fred, George, and Lee were no longer sitting next to Angelina.

"I know, but that was so bold. Oh no, where is everyone?"

Angelina walked over to them, a grimace look on her face. "How does lunch in the Great Hall sound?"

(Y/n) nodded as they walked together straight to the Great Hall. She let out a sigh as she sat at the Gryffindor table and started filling her plates with food.

"How many have you turned down?" Angelina asked curiously as she bit into her sandwich. She was hoping to lighten the mood as she could sense (y/n)'s demeanor change. 

"Cedric makes lucky number nine. I'm starting to think the whole Yule Ball is so overrated."

"You're only saying that because you don't have a date," Wren said as (y/n) rolled her eyes. She knew by now if she didn't accept her next proposal she would be going alone and that was the last thing she wanted to do. She hated the idea of being a third wheel with her friends. George had already asked Angelina and Wren had asked Lee.

"Can I have everyone's attention," a voice said, echoing through the whole hall. (Y/n) drew in a breath as Fred walked in, walking straight to the Gryffindor table. A dozen roses in his hand. "I know I'm late; I know it makes no sense. Your beauty shines like no other. It makes me a mess. My poetry sucks because I can give little fucks but with you by my side I know you could be my ride or die. Alicia Spinet will you do me the honors of coming with me to the Yule ball?"

(y/n) felt everything in her collapse as Alicia said yes, giving Fred a hug. She was in so much disbelief that she swore this had to be one of her nightmares. She didn't remember Wren putting a hand on her shoulder or how she escaped out the Great Hall when everyone was congratulating him. She couldn't see anything as the tears spilled out of her eyes as she raced up to the common room.

She definitely didn't see the two fourth years arguing about what to do about the second task when she collapsed on the couch crying.

Harry was the first to get up from his seat, kneeling down next to her. He put a hand on her shoulder as he tried to figure out what was going on. "(y/n)?" He asked. "What happened?"

(Y/n) sobbed harder as she tried to control her breathing. "I'm sorry, nothing. Don't worry about it," she said wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her robes. She didn't want Harry or Ron to worry about what was going on. It was stupid. All of this was stupid, and here she was crying over the boy she loved.

Harry only brought her in for a hug, before sending a quick glace at Ron. "It's okay. You can tell us."

"Okay, but please do not give me your sympathy," she said pulling away to get a good look at the two. Ron gave her a questionable look, but Harry nodded. "Fred asked Alicia to the Yule Ball."

A mix of emotions flashed before the two's face, but (y/n) just put a hand up. "It's fine, really. I'm just going to head to bed. Just keep this between us, okay?" She asked. Harry and Ron nodded, watching her go up to her room before racing out of the common room.

***

Wren clenched his jaw as everyone patted Fred on the back. He counted to three hoping his anger would subside, but it only seemed to increase as he saw the smug look on Fred's face. Before he could step closer Ron and Harry barged into the Great Hall pushing Fred to the floor.

Ron was standing in front of him, his fist in the air. "You're a git," he said "you're lucky I don't Avada you right here! Don't worry I'll be writing to mum," he said before turning around and heading out the Great Hall. Everyone starred at the commotion before Harry walked up to Fred.

"I hope you are truly happy with yourself," he spat before following Ron out.

Fred had the look of pure confusion as Alicia helped him up from the floor. Wren was just satisfied that his smug look was wiped clean from his face. They both slid into the seat across from him. Wren felt Lee's presence on his side, but he didn't break his eye contact on Fred.

"What was that all about?" Fred asked, rubbing his head from the fall. 

"You're a real git," Wren said, spatting the words up with as much venom as he could muster.

"Wren," Angelina said, casting a weary look his way. She stayed to figure out why Alicia would do that to (y/n) knowing that she had stayed up telling them multiple times that she wanted Fred to ask her. 

"What is that suppose to mean?" Fred asked shooting a glare his way, but Wren could care less.

"Nine people," Wren said, not missing a beat as he griped his pumpkin juice.

"What?"

"She turned down nine people in hopes that you would ask her. Nine."

"What are you on about?" Alicia asked as she held the roses close in her lap.

"Please don't tell him what I think you're going to say," George said, shaking his head as he looked at Fred. "She turned him down didn't she?"

Fred looked between his brother and Wren before the information finally sank in. "She didn't say yes to Cedric?"

"No, she didn't!" Angelina said- pounding her fist in the air. "If you had just stayed like I suggested you would have seen that she declined because she wanted to go with you! I've been patient with you Fred, I have but you have just been getting on my nerves. At this point (y/n) doesn't deserve you!" She yelled before getting up from the table and walking out. She stopped abruptly before turning around and pointing a finger at Alicia. "You are her friend. You knew how she felt. Don't bother coming to the dorm room tonight," she said- continuing to walk off.

"I- I didn't know," Alicia said as tears started to form in her eyes. "I thought she was going with Cedric. I'm such a horrible friend. I need to make this right," she said marching out of the Great Hall.

Wren just shook his head as he started to rise from the table. There was no point in going to potions since none of his friends would be there, so he decided to head up to the Gryffindor common room to check up on (y/n).

Fred just hung his head low, a mix of emotions swarming at the pit of his stomach. He truly thought she said yes. That their chances were done. He looked up at George and felt the disappointment.

"Why do I act like such a git when I am with her?" He asked, looking over to George for an answer. "No matter what, I mess everything up- over and over again. When do I realize what is right?"

"I think only you can answer that, Freddie," George said- placing a hand on his shoulder before walking away.

***

(Y/n) sat in her bed wrapped in Wren's arms as Alicia apologized profoundly over and over again. "I'm so sorry. Look I'll just tell him I can't go. I really didn't know."

Alicia had been apologizing for the last four hours and it was starting to give (y/n) a huge headache. 

"Like that makes it any better," Angelina said, crossing her arms as she took a seat in her bed. 

"Ang, it's fine. Alicia, it's okay. You go with Fred. You deserve to have a good time. I get that it was just a big misunderstanding. You have to remember that Fred isn't my boyfriend anymore. He is at liberty to take anyone he wants. And I'm glad he chose you. Honestly."

"Really?"

"Yeah don't worry about it," (y/n) said sending her a small smile. In truth, she knew it wasn't Alicia's fault and it wasn't in her nature to hold a grudge. For whatever reason, Alicia had truly believed that she had said yes to Cedric. 

"Thank you," Alicia said, pulling (y/n) into a quick hug before walking out of the room.

"I don't trust her," Angelina said, looking at her in disbelief.

"Me either," Wren said. "I smell a snake."

"You guys it's fine. I promise. I got all the sadness out of my system already. Can we just go to dinner? I'm hungry and exhausted."

They both nodded, and (y/n) felt the butterflies return to her stomach as she walked out of the common room with them. She clung to the sleeve of her robe hoping to calm herself down. She was embarrassed about the whole situation, and she was hoping that it would all go away.

She could see that the Great Hall was starting to get crowded and before she could back out, a hand took her to the center of the room. She looked up in confusion as Adrian Pucey spun her around, so she fell comfortably in his arms, before tilting her to the ground and kissing her.

He pulled away slightly lowing his lips to her ear. "He's a git, but you don't deserve to be alone on a special night." He then brought her upright before turning towards her. "(Y/n) Cater will you do me the honors of being my date to the Yule ball?"

She looked at him stunned by his words and action. This was the same Adrian who was a snake. But she saw how genuine he was being, and she remembered back in fourth year when his own boggart was his mother. She also had to think about the fact that she had declined nine other people, and at the rate everything was going no one else would ask her again.

She debated her answer for a few moments before smiling and saying, "yes."

The hall broke out in cheers and hollers as they clapped for the two. Adrian smiled at her before nodding. "I look forward to it." He gave her a soft kiss on the cheek before returning to the Slytherin table.

"Did that really just happen?" Wren asked. He was starting to believe this whole day was some weird vortex that he had gotten thrown into.

(Y/n) weakly nodded before walking to the Gryffindor table and sitting down next to Ginny. She was beaming with so much delight. "Oh my gosh! He literally kissed you. I almost fell off my seat," Ginny said mesmerized by the whole situation.

"I'm still in disbelief," Wren said as he sat down. They were a few seats away from Fred and George who hadn't taken their eyes off of (y/n).

"Well I think it was romantic, you deserve a date and despite the fact that Adrian is Slytherin he is the most tolerable out of that whole group," Lee said sitting next to Wren.

"Oh my gosh!" Angelina squealed. "We need to go dress shopping!"

(y/n) nodded trying to pay attention as Angelina mumbled on about going to Hogsmeade at the next trip and picking dresses out together. She tried to listen and hide the fact that she was stealing glances at the one person she wished asked her. 

A/N: By far my favorite chapter to write. I think I've reread it at least five times. Also, small update but I have a new idea for the Marauder's story I want to write which will follow Amelia Potter during her time at Hogwarts, and I'm thinking of writing a George Weasley fanfic that will take place during the Order of the Phoenix. Both will be published after Soft Whispers is done. I appreciate all your love and support. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.4K 104
Y/N l/n is about to start her fourth year at Hogwarts when she meets George and Fred Weasley. She's a Gryffindor like the twins, but their friendshi...
51.5K 1K 53
Two redheads One love In good times and bad In health and sickness At least that's what they thought... a Fred Weasley love (and more) story 02/22...
9.2K 195 30
The cover is entirely mine although the pictures were found on google β€οΈπŸ’› First off the plot is entirely my own although all characters except for y...
99.3K 2.3K 90
"Whatever memories and moments define who you are or who you want to be, this one was among his." _ The second Sarah McCauley stepped over the thresh...