A Villain's Revolution

By KapUnivers

8 years has passed since Deku gave his life to kill All for one. The Phoenix Revolution went into hiding and... More

Prologue
A Normal Life
A Ship With Secrets
Growing Concerns
A Gentle Rescue
Shadows Revealed
The Phoenix Awakens
A Good Man
Disturbing the Giant
Gigantomachia
The Clash of Giants
The Setting Sun
It's the nature of time that the old ways must give in...

Turmoil

752 25 65
By KapUnivers

Toshinori looked across the table at his successor. She was looking down into her half-empty mug. "Are you alright?" He said, only receiving a sigh. "Is it about Kagoshima. You know you can't blame yourself when they only brought in American heroes."

"No, it's not that. I'm just so unsure about myself" Ochako said, her eyes briefly glancing up. "You chose me as your successor, and I feel like I keep letting you down."

"You're not letting me down Uraraka. I know you do your very best every time. It's just unfortunate that Deku does the same" Toshinori said.

"But I don't think I'm doing my best, not anymore" Ochako said and looked up from the table. "I'm supposed to be a new symbol of peace right? The shining beacon of safety and justice for everyone to look up to. But ever since Izuku came back I've felt more and more uncertain. I don't even know if I'm fighting for the right side anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"Just look at this" Ochako said and handed over her phone to Toshinori. "This message was given to every hero a few hours after the Kagoshima disaster."

"They're integrating the Public Hero Safety Commission into the army?" Toshinori said as he read through the notice.

"Yeah, they're essentially turning heroes into another military branch." Ochako took back her phone. "I'm afraid of where this will take us. If they continue then Izuku will really become a liberator."

"Dictators always rise out of turmoil" Toshinori said with a solemn look. There was a pause in the conversation. "Have you talked with Midoriya recently?" Toshinori said.

"It's complicated. At first I was just glad to see him after so long, I never stopped missing him after all. But things has become difficult as he wins more and more" Ochako said. She leaned forwards. "I think we both know a clash will come. One that only one of us can win. It has made our meetings, both in dreams and the real world, difficult. Neither one of us are willing to bring that inevitability up."

"Do you still love him?" Toshinori said.

"I do" Ochako said without hesitation. "And because of that I can't defeat him. If I do I'll lose him forever. And I can't lose because then he'll kill you, Bakugo and many others."

Toshinori let out a long sigh, scratching his chin. "I've never been one to understand romance, but I can see the predicament." He leaned forwards with a gentle smile. "But I'm also sure that when the time comes you will make the right choice."

"Thank you Toshinori" Ochako said and stood up. "Anyways, I should get going. Bakugo doesn't mind taking care of Koshiro, but I'm sure he would like to get back to Kirishima."

"You're probably right. Have a nice day Ochako" Toshinori said.

"You too Toshinori" Ochako said and left.

As Ochako entered her house she was greeted by Bakugo sitting on the couch. "Sorry I was gone for so long, me and Toshinori lost track of time" She said.

"Don't worry about it" Bakugo said. His tone was still strangely calm. "Koshiro is in his room playing with Fumiko."

"That sounds good, he's been missing her lately. It's good they can visit each other again" Ochako said and sat down next to Bakugo. "Is Kirishima doing alright?"

"Oh yeah, he's up and going. He'll be back in the field in just a few days" Bakugo said, some his fervour returning to his voice.

"Then what's bothering you? Usually you would be with Koshiro and Fumiko as they play" Ochako said.

"Who do you think is bothering me?" Bakugo said. He clenched his jaw and looked away. "All the past demons I've spent 8 year on burying has come back along with Deku. And I can't stop thinking about it all, especially when Koshiro is so similar to Deku. Especially that damned smile. I thought I had put it behind me, but..." He stopped and looked at his open hand. "I've just done the same thing as always. Push everything deep down and hope it doesn't come back up" Bakugo said, clenching his fist.

Ochako sighed. "It seems like everyone has been conflicted since Izuku came back, including himself."

"What are you talking about? The fucker is winning, he should be happy."

"He isn't, not at all. Something is bothering him deeply and he won't tell me. Ever since he came back he has had this constant sad look. Even when he's smiling and laughing I can still tell that something is eating him up inside" Ochako said.

"Ah, so you're in rough patch of the relationship" Bakugo said. "Can't relate" He added.

"That's putting it mildly. We've both known that we will fight each other one day, and that only one of us could win. And now that time is getting worryingly close" Ochako said.

"Well, I for one hope that you win. Because if you don't, he'll kill me."

"I know."

Bakugo stood up and called for Fumiko. "Time to leave Fumiko, we're heading back home." He turned around and faced Ochako again. "By the way, about the notice the army gave us recently. Me and Eijiro thinks that turning heroes into soldiers into soldier is going too far. He doesn't think it's manly, and I don't want to give Deku another reason to kill me. So we'll be handing in our hero licenses tomorrow."

Ochako's response was interrupted when Fumiko came barging into the room, followed shortly by Koshiro. "There you are" Bakugo said and picked up Fumiko. "You ready to go home?"

"Yeah. Me and Koshi had so much fun" Fumiko said. "Bye Koshi" She said and gave a wave.

Koshiro waved back. "Bye Fumi."

Bakugo put Fumiko back down. "Sorry to drop that so suddenly. But good luck with what's ahead" He said and began leaving with Fumiko.

"Thanks. And stay safe, will you?" Ochako said. Bakugo left without a reply.

Once Bakugo and Fumiko had left Koshiro jumped up in Ochako's lap. "Did you have fun today?" She asked.

"Yes, we played heroes and villain a lot. I was the villain and she was the hero" Koshiro said.

"That sounds fun"

"Oh, and dad came by" Koshiro said.

Ochako looked at him with a shocked expression. "Did he talk with Bakugo"

"Nope, he teleported into my room and just talked for a while. He was kinda surprised by Fumiko being there, but they seemed to get along" Koshiro said, calming down Ochako slightly. "And he was wondering about something as well."

"And what was that?" Ochako said.

"I don't know. He wanted to tell you."

Deku leaned back into the chair with a groan. The cork board in front of him was filled with pictures, documents, and red strings. It was mocking him. "Alright, so we know he still hadn't gone rogue one week before the attack. So he would have had to get his hand on over a 100 kilos of high-grade explosives and plant them in a military base within a week. That would be difficult even for me. And I've got an entire organized underground network."

"He definitely didn't do it on his own, if he was involved at all" Tsukauchi said. He sat by his desk looking over a grainy security footage of a bar their suspect had been to. "Wait, I think I found someone. He's talking with someone right before he gets up and leaves."

Deku moved over and looked at the paused video. "I've already looked into that. It's Osugi's sister, Osugi Ayame. She also joined the revolution and died during one of our attacks before the bombings. Nothing indicates that she went rogue."

"Another dead end then." Tsukauchi took a sip of his fifth cup of coffee. "Without more evidence we'll just keep running in circles. Has your ally found anything yet?"

"No, she says the security systems might take a few more months to get past. Not including the time spent on other projects. How's your contact coming along?" Deku said.

"He being careful so that I don't get into trouble. Might have something soon" Tsukauchi said.

"All Might being careful, that's new" Deku said, ignoring Tsukauchi's quirked eyebrow. "Guess he can be considerate, every now and again."

"Alright, I'm too tired to ask how you knew I asked him. I'll be going home now" Tsukauchi said and stood up.

"Just assume I know everything. That way you don't get surprised when-" Deku was interrupted by his phone ringing. "Excuse me for a moment" He said and picked up the phone, Leaving Tsukauchi to only hear one part of the conversation.

"Hi Ochako" Izuku said. A small smile appeared. "Oh that. No, I just want to talk to you about a few things." Tsukauchi found himself more confused by the sudden shift in tone. "We can talk about that later, I'm the middle of something right now. Alright, bye."

Deku put down the phoned and looked back at Tsukauchi. His expression turned back to the serious one Tsukauchi had gotten used to. "I guess I'll say goodbye to you as well." Deku opened a portal. "I'll be busy tomorrow, so see you again overmorrow" He said and left.

Izuku looked over Kagoshima and sighed. The fires had been put out but the damage from Gothmog was still visible like a large wound through the side. By the harbour the captured fleet was still anchored. He pushed down his anxieties and opened a portal next to him. After a few seconds Ochako walked through and sat down next to Izuku.

"I saw some of the news footage, but you really let that thing destroy everything" Ochako said.

"Just another necessary evil" Izuku said, his voice cold and distant.

"I know what you're capable of. This is too much." Ochako's face hardened. "I guess there is a reason you wanted to talk here."

"I'll get to it, but first..." Izuku said, voice warming up. "I just want you to know how much I've missed this. Just being with you and Eri again, instead of just wishful thinking. And finally being with my own son after 8 years of wondering has been amazing. I'm also glad to see he has a friend." He turned and noticed the slight worry in Ochako's face. "Calm down, I only talked with him and Fumiko yesterday. I can't bear talking with Kacchan now."

"That's good to hear, I've missed you too" Ochako said as the two leaned into each other's embrace. "But you know we can't keep this up for much longer right? We're both the strongest players on opposing sides. At some point we'll be forced to fight."

"It would seem so." Izuku sighed and gave an almost pleading look. "I know about the recent decision to turn heroes into another tool of the army. And not to sound like a prophet, but this could only go one way. Dictators always rise out of turmoil. I've made the turmoil, now comes the dictator. You're not someone who would fight for that regime."

"You know, Toshinori said the same thing" Ochako said, ignoring Izuku's grumbling. "And Bakugo and Kirishima handed in their hero licenses today."

"I don't care about what they do. I want to know what you think. If you just hand in your license then we don't have to fight. I can find somewhere for you, Eri and Koshiro to live comfortably, safe from any threat" Izuku said.

"I won't fight for a dictatorship if that's what you're afraid of. But as long as you want to kill Toshinori and Bakugo I can't let you win either" Ochako said, sending a stern gaze. "You'll have to let go of what they did in the past for me to back down."

Izuku chuckled. "I can't do that."

"You can Izuku, I know it. Inko has told me all about the forgiving child you used to be."

Izuku continued to chuckle as he stood up. "Did she also tell you how naive I was? How dumb I was to think becoming a hero would solve everything?" His voice hitched. "No, I can't forgive All Might, and especially not Kacchan."

Ochako rose up and forced Izuku to face her. "Exactly, you've changed so much since then. Don't you think Bakugo and Toshinori has done the same? You don't know how many times I've had to support Toshinori has he felt awful for what he did to you. Or all the times I've had to reassure Bakugo that his past doesn't define him." Ochako's voice rose in volume as Izuku looked down. "That's not to mention everything they've both done to make amends for it all. Bakugo even adopted a quirkless daughter, and we both know how difficult raising a child can be."

"I know that" Izuku said quietly. "And believe me, it would be so simple to accept that. So that I can spend the rest of my life with you." He looked back up at Ochako. A weak smile on his face even as tears streamed down. "But I can't."

"You can, I believe in you. I know you have it in you" Ochako said.

"It's not about that." Izuku pushed Ochako away. His expression kept twitching between sadness and anger. "I've spent years pushing that part of me down, because it's the only way for me to keep going. And if I began allowing myself to forgive again then..." His voice hitched. "Then I would start to think that I have any chance of redemption."

Ochako embraced Izuku as he broke down, sobbing in her arms. "Oh Izuku. What makes you think that you don't deserve forgiveness?"

"Why I don't?" Izuku let out a weak chuckle between the tears. "I've killed too many innocent people to ever hope for redemption. I'm haunted by the screams of my test subjects. And images of dead children crushed by falling rubble lurk under my eyes. I let Iida die. Your friend."

"You did." Ochako loosened her grip around Izuku. "But you regret it all don't you? You want redemption just like Bakugo and Toshinori. If you think forgiving them is easy then you can forgive yourself."

Izuku's sobbing calmed down. "It's not like that." He pushed himself out of Ochako's embrace. "They didn't even realize that their actions were wrong until long after. Their demons are in the past and behind them. Meanwhile I know exactly what I'm doing, but I still keep making more demons to keep me up at night."

Ochako contemplated for a moment before placing a hand on Izuku's shoulder. "Izuku. I don't agree with everything you do, and especially with all the people you kill. But I know you want to achieve good things, even if the means aren't. So I don't want you to think for a moment that you can't redeem yourself when this is all over."

"But I-" Izuku said.

Ochako cut him off. "Doesn't matter. I forgive you even if you don't." She looked straight into Izuku's eyes and became surprised when she saw annoyance.

"Why do you have to make it so difficult?" The words came out slowly. "I'm trying to make this easier for the both of us and you..." Izuku grew a gentle smile. "You almost make me believe that there is hope."

"I know there is hope Izuku." Ochako's entire expression was determined.

"That makes one of us" Izuku said nonchalantly. A pling from Izuku's pocket stopped him from saying anything else. He muttered about something important to Ochako as he pulled up his phone. He barely noticed the three missed calls from Tsukauchi as he read the message from the revolution's HQ. As Izuku read the message his features slowly shifted from one of confusion to one of shock until the phone fell on the ground as he stared emptily into the air.

"Izuku?" Ochako said.

Izuku's face was blank. "Go home and make sure Eri and Koshiro is safe. Make sure they are with you and don't leave them alone." He opened a portal next to Ochako.

"Is someone after them?" Ochako said.

"I don't know. They might be. There is a lot I can't know for certain right now. Just go home and make sure everyone is safe. Probably All Might as well if you care about him. Then check the new if you want answers" Izuku said.

"Alright, but we're continuing this conversation later" Ochako said and stepped into the portal.

Deku let out a deep sigh and picked up the phone. He quickly sent a message to HQ, telling them to bring Inko to a secure location. He then turned his attention towards the three missed calls, each one sent about 30 minutes apart. Deku began going through them.

"Deku, it's me Tsukauchi" There was an urgency in his tone. "I know that you said you'll be busy today, but something showed up just now. Something big. Please hurry up" The detective said before the voice message ended.

Deku played the next one.

"Deku, you really need to come now." Tsukauchi's voice was filled with stress. "I don't care what you're doing right now, you need to see this. I know who did it, and... we've been so stupid. I should have seen it sooner."

Deku braced himself for a moment before playing the last message. Immediately he could hear that Tsukauchi was driving while talking.

"Alright, I'm hoping you'll pick up one of these messages soon. The video I received is in my office once you have time. It... It was Zankoku who did it, he is behind the attack. Osugi Sakae never had anything to do with it, he was just some decoy to link the attack to you. I'm heading to the prime minister to inform him. We can discuss more later if we get the time. Hurry up."

Deku's hands were shaking as he heard Tsukauchi's last message. "Tsukauchi you fucking idiot." Another message from the headquarters popped up, this one containing a link. Deku followed it to video of a governmental announcement held by Zankoku.

"People of Japan, I regret to inform you that prime minister Yowai is dead. For several months the detective known as Tsukauchi has been conspiring with the villain Deku. He has used his position in the Phoenix investigation to hide these actions until today. Under an hour ago, Tsukauchi along with other insurgents launched a surprise attack against our government. The resulting fighting resulted in the death of prime minister Yowai, most of his cabinet and many representatives in the national Diet. But the insurgents have been captured and Tsukauchi was killed in the fighting..."

Deku could feel his blood boil as the lies flowed out of Zankoku's mouth. It took most of his willpower to not throw the phone away without hearing the rest.

"Given this unprecedented situation an emergency resolution was drafted and passed by the remainders of the government before being signed by the Emperor. This resolution declares a state of emergency that will last until the threat of Deku and the Phoenix revolution is annihilated. Until then I have been granted emergency powers to best lead the country through these perilous times. Acting immediately, martial law will be implemented. Along with that all heroes and police units must report to the local military leadership to better respond to the looming threat. I will also-"

At that point Deku put the phone away. He opened a portal and walked through muttering. "So this it how it feels like to be bamboozled."

A/N: So, a lot of shit went down in this chapter and I'm to tired to talk about it. So I'll just let you do all the thinking. Because I'm nearing the end of High School and all the assignments and the looming exams have made me really tired. Hence the longer wait. Anyways, next time Deku will go and threaten one of the most powerful individuals on the planet. And not physically powerful. Until then I hope you're all having a good day. Goodbye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

380K 19.1K 84
Caught in the crossfire of a quirk war, pro-hero and Symbol of Peace Deku is captured. Saved and returned to a hospital, his body goes missing and he...
13.6K 248 53
The top Villains, All for One the feared leader of the League of Villains. The Death, the myth of the underworld And his Death angel... who are thos...
293K 8.1K 38
Inko welcomed a child into the world, naming him Izuku. Despite her love for him, she struggled with disappointment when the doctor revealed he would...
1.8K 76 39
Izuku thought his luck had finally changed when he was chosen by his idol All Might to be his successor. Everything was supposed to change for him th...