Karna- The Hero Chosen by the...

By vikramdey

What will happen if Karna was destined to be the son of Suryadev and Devi Sangya but due to some circumstance... More

Introduction
Devi Sangya's yearning for a son
Sage Durbasha's Curse
Kunti's mistake- Boon or curse
Karna-The hero was born
Devi Ganga's blessing
Karna-not a happy childhood
The truth revealed- a big decision
Bhayankarasur
Conspiracy against Karna
Kumbhilla Forest
A new beginning
Karna's New journey
Lord Parshuram
Convincing Lord Parshuram
Training from Lord Parshuram
Meeting with the parents
Fight with Indra
Whom will Karna choose?
Back to Hastinapur- Karna meets Kunti
Tournament
Panchal war
Aswatthama's mistake
Lord Parshuram's Gurudakshina
Karna's new Friend
Yudhishtir's coronation: Krishna met Karna
Varanavat
Saving Pandavas,
Jarasandha imprisoned Kauravas
Jarasandha Vadh
Who is Karna's soulmate?
Panchali's swyamvar
Draupadi's decision
Beginning of a love story
Return of Pandavas
Duryodhana's love
Saving Bhanumati
Karnasangini
Karna defeated
Karna proposed Avni
Shishupal vadh
Karna left Duryadhana
Shakuni's Plan
Chandasur attacked Hastinapur
Takshak's revenge
Big truth revealed
Shakuni's master plan (I)
Shakuni's master plan (II)
Invitation
Announcement
Dice game (I)
Dice game (II)
The sacrifice of a brother
Aftermath
Aftermath II
Vanvas
Digvijaya (I)
Digvijaya (II)
Karna's Master stroke
Karna-Avni Vivah
Announcement
Conspiracy by Asurs
Jayadrath
Question
Agyatvas
Keechak Vadh
Virat war (I)
Announcement
Virat war (II)
Virat War (III)
Bhayankarasur's dangerous planning
Apologies
Dwarka
Power of a true Sati
Birth of new God and Goddess
Goddess of Protection
Saving Suryadev
Preparation for the upcoming Mahayudh
Mahayudh (I)
Mahayudh (II)
Night Attack
Antim Yudh
Trailer of an upcoming book
Rewards and Punishment

Defeating Pandavas

4.5K 197 47
By vikramdey

The next day Karna went to meet Duryodhana in HP palace. Duryodhana welcomed him and he showed him the entire palace. Karna was also happy to see Duryodhana's behavior. Karna (in mind), 'First I thought that Duryodhana wanted to use me against the Pandavas, but his behavior towards me seems genuine. Still, I need to be careful to know about any conspiracy against my family.'

 Duryodhana introduced him to his Mama Shakuni, his brothers, and his friend Aswatthama. Aswatthama was still jealous and angry at Karna but he did not say anything to him directly as he did not want to upset Duryodhana. Duryodhana also had breakfast with him and during that he introduces Karna to his mother Gandhari as well. Gandhari could sense that Karna was a good person who was a real wellwisher of his son. She asked him about his family and then thought, 'Today my son did the right thing. If this boy can manage to pull him out from the jealousy and hatred which my brother filled in his mind, then no one will be happier than me.' 

Later Duryodhana took Karna to the arena where the warriors were practicing. Then suddenly a servant called Duryodhana and he left Karna there. Karna was watching the practice suddenly someone called him, it was Bheem, 'Well well look who is here? The great warrior of Hastinapur.' Bheem taunted. Actually, the Pandavas, except Yudhishtir were still angry at Karna for defeating Arjun. Yudhishthir though thought that Karna did an Adharm by learning Astravidya (Yudhishtir followed everything written on books blindly never interpreting the true meaning, so according to him caste system is good and Brahmins and Kshatriyas are superiors)but still did not want to disrespect him. But others especially Bheem was almost ready to murder him. 

Karna, 'Pranaam Rajkumar Bheem. Good to see you. How is your brother Arjun?'

Bheem (angrily), 'Don't try to act smart okay. I know what your intention is.'

Karna (smiling), 'What are my intentions Prince Bheem, please enlighten me?'

Bheem, 'I know it is the conspiracy of Duryodhana. He brought you here to humiliate us....Ha. But you know what, it is not so easy. Don't think you won just as you defeat Arjun. You won by cheating, otherwise, a Suta can never defeat a Kshatriya prince.'

Karna (in mind), 'Oh God spare me from these caste systems and stupid hypothesis against us'. (aloud), 'Prince Bheem, I never cheated. During the tournament all the elders were present and they saw how I won. But yes, Prince Arjun is a great warrior and one of the best archers. I am honored to have a contest with him. But the truth is Prince Arjun is a great archer because of his talent, not because of his birth status. One's caste has nothing to do with their skills.'

Yudhishtir, 'Anuj Bheem you shall not disrespect anyone, as he did not cheat in the tournament. But Karna, you shall not use the bow again as it is adharma. I know you like archery but you shall not go against the law again.'

Then Shakuni came there. Shakuni, 'Why Pandavputras, are you afraid that Karna will defeat you again? And Yudhishtir do you think you know dharma better than Lord Parshuram? If it is Adharm then the Avatar of Vishnu never trained Karna for it.' He said slyly.

Bheem (shouting), He will defeat us? Ha... a petty Sutputra will defeat us? He just won by chance. I am sure that he received training by deceiving Lord Parshuram as well. He is just an arrogant, greedy man trying to please Duryodhana for money and fame. In fact, I think it is his parent's shortcomings that they did not give him a proper lesson.'

Karna, (angrily roared) 'Don't you dare drag my parents in this Bheem I am warning you.' Karna was so angry that his radiance increased. It looked like a ring of fire was formed around him. 

Krishna (in mind), 'Calm down Karna, don't lose your patience.It is not the proper time to show your true self in front of the humans.'

Karna calmed himself. Seeing his anger Shakuni thought, 'He is not an ordinary person. It looks like a mini sun suddenly came in front of us. I have to tackle him carefully and instigate him against the Pandavas.'

Karna, ' Prince Bheem you have gone too far this time. You think I cheated on the tournament. Okay, I challenge you, in fact, all four of you. If you have guts then try to fight me together at once. If you won I promise that I will never use any weapons but if I win you shall promise me that never ever insult someone based on their caste.'

Bheem (smiling), Challenge accepted, Now I will show you that we are superiors. In no time you will beg for mercy.'

Karna, 'Let's see'

Yudhishtir tried to stop Bheem but he was adamant. Duryodhana was also shocked. he thought, 'I know Karna is a great archer but can he defeat the Pandavas together in other weapons?'

All other warriors left the arena and a match between Pandavas and Karna started. Ydhishtie decided to attack Karna one by one as it was against the law to attack a person together.

First Sahadev came with an axe. Karna also took an axe and they started fighting. Both of them were skilled warriors but Karna was stronger and faster. Because of his training in martial arts, he easily dodged Sahadev's attack. He used his agility and vaulted backward and then throw his axe which hit Sahadev. It did not injure Sahadev but easily disarmed him.

Then Nakul came with a sword. He fought quite well but Karna showed a very tough move. He held Nakul's sword and suddenly jumped sideways and without giving Nakul any time to react, put his sword on his neck.

Yudhishthir was a calmed and calculated one. He always tried to assess Karna's move before the attack but Karna practiced with Lord Parshram and Lord Shukracharya. He easily feigned to attack Yudhishtir from one side but attack him from the other side and disarmed him as well.

Last came Bheem. He was so angry about his brother's defeat that he ran towards Karna like mad bull with his mace. Karna dodged his attack and easily blocked his hit. Everybody in Kuru family was familiar with Bheem's power. He was bigger and muscular than Karna so all of them was sure that Bheem can defeat Karna easily. But to everyone's astonishment, Karna blocked all his attacks with ease. Bheem used his raw powers but Karna used strategies. But whenever Karna hit Bheem he tried not to use his full strength as being a demigod and master of Kundalini shakti he was 20 times stronger than Bheem. At last, Bheem threw Karna on the ground and tried to hit him with his mace, but Karna kicked him. Bheem fell on the ground, Karna held his mace and broke it. Bheem was shocked as he did not think even in his wildest dreams that anyone can defeat him in a mace fight. 

The Kauravas started clapping. Karna signed them to stop, then he helped Bheem to get up. Then he said to Yudhishtir, 'Prince Yudhisthir, I have no intention to humiliate you. It was a friendly match and must say all of you are some of the finest warriors I have ever seen. But remember one thing, from next time please don't judge anyone from their birth otherwise in future you will face more problems.'

Then Karna left the arena. Duryodhana was jumping like a child and he hugged Karna. 'You are remarkable, How did you do that?' He said.

Karna, 'You forgot Mitra, I am the student of some finest teachers in the world. It's all due to their blessings.'

Duryodhana (in mind), 'Mamashri you are right. Karna will be our biggest weapon. I am lucky to have him as our friend.'

Karna, 'But Mitra, why are you so happy? You should feel bad for your cousins.'

Duryodhana (angrily), 'What cousins? They are my biggest enemies, trying to snatch everything from me.'

Karna (surprised), 'How so?'

Duryodhana, 'You do not know Mitra, those Pandavas always try to show off they are the epitome of goodness and we are evil personified.
My father is the elder Kuru prince, so it was his destiny to be the king. But because of his blindness, my uncle sat on the throne. Then once during a hunting trip, he accidentally killed a sage and received a curse. So he left the crown and went to the forest. There he died. My father was crowned as a king but no one truly loved him.
You know Mitra everyone Pitamaha, Guru Drona, Mahamantri Vidur loved the Pandavas more than us. Why? Because they are the children of Devas. But when I was born, it was a stormy night, so Kakashi Vidur predicted that I will bring bad luck, so I should be killed. You know, it was my father and mamashri who protected us. Just because of that stupid prediction no one loved us Kauravas, no one except mamashri.'

Karna felt really bad for Duryodhana. He himself had experienced how hatred of the family members affected a kid. It pained Karna when people called him fatherless, b*****d or burden. Duryodhana also had similar experiences. And because of those experiences, Duryodhana became such an arrogant and selfish person. Karna went to Duryodhana and hugged him.

Duryodhana wiped a tear from his eyes and continued, 'You know when the Pandavas came here, Pitamaha said we should share everything with them as they are our brothers. But mamashri helped me to see their true colors. He told me that all the good behavior of the Pandavas is nothing but an act. I know that mamashri was right, that Yudhishtir is doing this just to get the throne so that he and his brothers can make the Kauravas their slaves. Yudhisthir can fool others but not me. I am not going to spare them.'

Karna, 'Mitra, please don't be sad. Nothing bad will happen to you.'

Duryodhana (smiling sadly), 'You know Mitra that is why I never believe in the caste system. I know it is wrong to judge people based on their birth. I believe everyone shall get a chance to prove themselves.'

Karna, 'I know Mitra. You have progressive thinking. That is why I like you. Don't worry everything will be alright. Just believe in yourself as I believe in you.'

Then Karna bid his goodbye as it was getting late. While coming out from Duryodhana's room he met Kunti and Bheesm in the corridor.

Karna. 'Parnipat Maharani. Mahamahim.'

Kunti, 'Ayushman Bhava Putra, I heard what happened between you and my son.'

Karna, 'I am sorry Maharani. I should not have lost my control there.'

Kunti, 'No son, it was not your fault. In fact, I want to apologize on the sons' behalf. What they said about your parents is wrong.'

Karna. 'It is okay Maharani, I can understand, they said what they were taught.'

Bheesm, 'Karna, my mata told me you healed her. How could you do that? I heard that only sanjeevani mantra can heal the effect of Btahmmastra.'

Karna, 'You are right Mahamahim, I used that mantra.'

Bheesm (shocked), 'How do you know that?'

Karna, 'I got training from another Guru who taught me that. '

Bheesm (dumbfounded), 'Another weapon trainer. who is he?'

Karna (smiled), 'Asurguru Shukracharya'

Bheesm was shocked beyond expectation. He asked Karna, 'Who are you?'

Karna, 'Mahamahim are you all right? I am Karna'

Bheesm. 'No, you cannot be a normal human being. Please tell me who you really are?'

Karna, 'I am Karna. My father is shreeman Adhirath and my mata is Radha. But why are you asking me this? Okay, I am getting late, please allow me to leave. Shuvratri.'

Kunti, 'Pitamaha, why are you asking Karna those questions?'

Bheesm, 'Kuni, before I only have doubts, but now I am confirmed. Karna can never be an ordinary human. He is different. You know, he reminds me of someone.'

Kunti, 'Who?'

Bheesm, 'Basudev Shri Krishna. Karna is also as mysterious as him.'

Kunti (thinking), 'You are right Pitamaha, he is the mantraprasad from Suryadev. He is anything but ordinary.' 

Krishna, 'Hmmm..... so Ganga Putra, Karna reminds you of me. After all, Karna is my devotee. So it is natural to have some similarities between us.'

Next episode- Coronation, Karna was sad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Another Chance for Lives By

Historical Fiction

50.8K 2.3K 41
Karna and Draupadi. A story for many who wanted another chance for Karna and Draupadi. What if the Gods decides to give them another chance? What wi...
44.3K 1.6K 21
What happens when Karna the hero of Mahabharata is from kaliyug? What will happen to the destiny of Mahabharata? Will it change? Join Karna in his st...
17.6K 806 18
What if Karn was the son of Suryadev , Devi Chhaya and Devi Sanjana and was the god of war, peace and friendship ? What if he was the brother of Devi...
170K 8.3K 67
what would happen if Kunti told Pandu about karna ,before Pandu's dead and he accepted karna as his eldest son ,but despite trying in every way ,ka...