The Outcome

By pirate_heart03

They live in a dystopian society, where fun is outdated. No one is allowed to have fun, but a girl is looking... More

Chapter 1: The Government
Chapter 2: Regret
Chapter 3: Don't Push It
Chapter 4: Mystery of Great Power
Chapter 6: Behind Their Backs
Chapter 7(short): The Power Within
Chapter 8: A Turn in the Story, Love
Chapter 9: The Outcome

Chapter 5(short): WHAT

1 0 0
By pirate_heart03

I arrived at home and started thinking about this meeting. I would have to call a sick day. I of course told my brother about this mysterious man, but not what he was.

I wasn't sure if that would trigger him or not.

"WHAT?! You can't just go around trusting random people in an alley. They could've killed you!" He tried to say calmly, but obviously failed.

"But-" He had cut me off before I could speak.

"Look, I'm sorry. But, our lives may be at risk here. Too at risk. We don't want that, right?"

"No, but-"

"So, you would prefer to live in fear," He said. He was angry, I could tell. His breathing got heavy, his face was all clenched up and so did mine.

"I'M DONE DEALING WITH THIS. YOU WANT TO BE IN CHARGE OF ME, FINE!! YOU CAN WANT ALL YOU WANT!" I take a step back and calm my voice,"But, you....you will never have what you want. Especially not if this continues."

That was the first time I had yelled at him in years. That was the first time I had ever been mean like that. I started to think that I'm getting worse bc my fun level is. I wasn't about to let my brother stop me, no matter what.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29 3 3
"The Earth and its people are dying. The last hope for civilization is Nemo and Lucas Walker in completing Mission: Relocation; a project focused on...
10 0 1
The year is 3024. Gen alpha never ended. Gen beta are few. Gen beta are the outlaws of this timeline. I am a Gen beta. Gen alpha found a way to be im...
9 0 1
War is coming to the human kingdoms in the stars. A nascent empire threatens its closest rival for supremacy. Moria is one of the few warriors with...
Kairos By leigh heasley

Science Fiction

843K 23K 28
Time travel is legal and Ada Blum is looking for love. But what happens when one of her charming bachelors from the past makes his way to the present...