Copy Cat: Illumi x Reader

By enchantedlioness

"You'll never be good enough," is what (y/n)'s been told her whole life. This year, she was going to change t... More

Ch 1: Family Issues and Hunters
Ch 2: Family Dinner and Masters
Ch 3: Nen and Growing
Ch 4: Friends and First Phase
Ch 5: The Cards in his Hands Go Cut Cut Cut
Ch 6: A Cooking Disaster
Ch 7: Third Phase Jingles
Ch 8: A Little Exploring
Ch 9: Friends???
Ch 10: Killua!
Ch 11: The Testing Gate
Ch 12: Butlers and Shenanigans!
Ch 13: Teleportation
Ch 14: Keeping up with the Zoldyck's
Ch 15: Piece of Cake
Ch 16: You Can Overcome Your Demons or Befriend Them
Ch 17: Avira Means Spirit
Ch 18: Time Flies
Ch 19: When You Leave
Ch 20: Your Diamond
Ch 21: Hisoka?!
Ch 22: More Allies
Ch 23: My New Family
Ch 24: The Fairy Garden
Ch 25: Dress
Ch 26: List
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 1
Ch 27: The Night of the Ball Pt. 2
Ch 28: Warmth
Ch 29: Illumi's Training
Ch 30: Dinner with the Zoldyck's
Ch 31: The Phantom Troupe
Ch 32: Greed Island Beginnings
Ch 33: Card Captor (y/n)
Ch 34: Swiper No Swiping!
Ch 35: A Way Around
Ch 37: Engagement!
Ch 38: Lemon hehe (I'm back)
Chapter 39: Wake up! (Lemon)

Ch 36: Partly

2K 78 30
By enchantedlioness

         "So, Avira..."

"Yes? What is it?" He opens the testing gate and we both walk inside.

"Hisoka mentioned to me that some things might not have been told to me."

"What things? What do you mean?"

"You know... Secrets about my family."

"Those were...all answered during the ball."

"I keep getting hallucinations. There's a boy with red eyes that keeps saying something like I've been here this whole time."

"It's your imagination, you must be stressed from what happened." Avira says. That wasn't like him. I would think that if this was all my imagination he would laugh it off, not act sort of...comforting.

I don't know what's going on, but I have a gut feeling that it's not good. I have this sinking feeling in my stomach that nothing is real. I don't know how to explain it, but all I know is what's happening currently in the present. Holding onto the past won't do anything.

"(y/n), you're back already?" I hear Illumi ask.

"Illumi!" I run up and hug Illumi as he stands in the path leading to the main estate.

"Did you miss me?" He asks.

"Of course I did!" I say, hugging him slightly tighter.

"You're cute." He says, patting my head. I look around to see if Avira was still here, but there was no trace of him.

"I have some things to talk about with you." He says.

"Can you say it here? I don't want to escape." I say, still engulfing myself in Illumi's embrace.

"Sure." He says, continuing to pat my head.

"So, what do you need to talk about?" I ask.

"The Zoldyck's were thinking of making Avira an assassin. We'd have to teach him a boat-load of manners and ettiequte, but I'm sure he'll get It in no time."

"You didn't really have to speak with me about it, after all, it's his life now." I say.

"Yes, but, will making him stronger make it harder for you to catch up to him?"

"It's his life, all I can do is be better and train harder, using my skills to my advantage more than before."

"Hmm, you seem more determined than before, did something happen?"

"Yeah, but it's a really long story and I don't want anyone to accidentally hear. But, I realized that I have so many abilities that I could've used to my advantage so many times before."

"That's good. I won't get in your way, but if you need help be sure to contact someone who can help you." He says.

"I will."

"May I ask how you will use your abilities?" He asks.

"Well, as you might know, my powers are based on the Creepypasta Slenderman, who has a lot of abilities that I've accumulated over the past few months."

"Yes, I know. Continue."

"I can use so many of those to my advantage."

"Can you remind me what the powers are?"

"Of course, well, you know the slender sickness, which causes a LOT of effects and symptoms on the person, and I can teleport, the tentacles are something I can create, he can control peoples minds, and he's even shapeshifter. But, some of these things haven't manifested in me yet."

"I see, there is more, correct?"

"Yes, like Pyrokenesis, meaning he can control fire with his mind, and also telekinesis."

"Most of his powers seem to be based on the mind of himself and others, perhaps you need to enhance your mind for these things."

"Yeah, but there's so much more power I could hold of his."

"Don't worry about those for now, what you need is to focus on one or two things at a time." He says.

"Alright, I should start on enhancing my mind, but how would I go about doing that?" I ask him. Illumi lets go of me and I reach out for him out of instinct. Illumi caresses my face before giving an answer.

"Circulation to the mind maybe, happiness." Illumi leans in close to my face, I could feel his breath on my cheek. He tilted my face with his other hand towards his face and lightly kissed me. My face feels hot and I'm left speechless.

"I-Illumi." I say.

"Do I make you happy?" He asks.

"More happy than anything or anyone I've experienced."

"Good." He whispers into my ear.

"I-" I had no idea what to say next, we were just staring at each other in silence, but it wasn't awkward, it was a different feeling that I've never felt before.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Come with me to the estate, let's walk together."

We start walking and Illumi grabs my hand. As we hold hands, I put my head on his shoulder and close my eyes, letting myself get carried by Illumi's walking.

Something was happening in my mind at those moments. I could hear voices again, getting closer. I could hear Illumi's entire family whispering, yelling, saying things. I could her Illumi's voice as well, penetrating through the rest of his family. Although it sounded mumbled, It cleared eventually and I heard exactly what he was saying.

'My life is going to change.'

He didn't say this aloud to me, but I heard it. I started to feel a little dizzy, like when Avira pops into my head. Maybe he did.

'(y/n), you can hear people's thoughts now, congratulations. You will start to manifest the ability to control peoples minds and thoughts.' Avira said to me, before I got dizzy again and my mind felt completely clear again.

What happened? If he is the omniscience of my powers, that means he knows my future, and the future of everyone around me, including himself. It isn't that big of a deal, but if he's able to change what happens in the future, it could be the reason for those hallucinations.

"We're here." Illumi says softly.

I open my eyes and look at the large estate in front of me in all of its beauty. I may be incorrect, but the mansion looks more polished than usual. Did they have someone polish and clean the mansion?

"Would you mind closing your eyes again?" Illumi asks me.

"If you want me to." I say, closing my eyes. I felt Illumi's hand wrap around my head.

"No peeking, I have to make sure."

"Alright." I chuckle at the measures he's taking.

He guides me towards the entrance of the mansion and the door slowly creaks open. A breeze comes from inside the house onto my face.

His hands wander from my face onto my shoulders.

"You can open them now." He says.

I slowly open my eyes to reveal a glossy, bright room in front of me. There was a banner on the ceiling that said '(y/n's) party'.

"A party? For me?" I ask in awe. The room was decorated to the brim with things you would find at any kids birthday party.

"I wanted to tell you how much I appreciated you. And.. I also wanted to give you this." Illumi hands me a card. I open the card and start reading the contents of the card out loud.

"Dear (y/n),

You have truly changed my life, and I wanted to show you how much I appreciate all that you've done for me, even if you never realized it. I truly love you. That's why I wanted to ask you one question, will you...marry me?" It took me a few seconds to take all of this information in, but when I did, I gasped and held the card to my mouth when I realized that Illumi was down on one knee in a completely different outfit from before the Ade him look especially handsome.

"(y/n), will you marry me?" He asks me, opening the box with a ring inside.

"I-I-I," I was so shocked I had no idea what to say, but before long, my answer came to me.

"I-of course I will, Illumi!" I declare, dropping to my knees and hugging him as tightly as I can. Tears were streaming dow my face of happiness. My whole life will be changed for the better.

"I'm so happy!" Someone else says. I had no idea that there was a crowd in front of me and behind Illumi this entire time.

"Oh, (y/n), don't cry." Kikyo tells me.

"I'll try not to."

"When Silva proposed to me, I reacted in the same way, it's bringing back memories."

"Kikyo, let's only focus on them, just for today, you can tell her all of your stories later." Silva interrupts her as she was about to tell a story.

"You're right. (Y/n), is there anything you want?" She asks.

"We have macaroons shipped in from Paris, and many international sweets shipped in from their founding country, we want you two to have the best engagement party that you possibly can." Silva says.

"(y/n), (y/n)!" I hear Milluki call out to me.

"Look, (y/n), I took all of your advice to heart, and now I have a perfect assassination tool with the robot mosquito! Oh, and also, I picked out all of the flowers here that you see."

"Thank you Milluki." I say.

"They were so certain you'd say yes, that they threw this entire party for you." Kalluto says in his usual tone.

"After this, we should have separate parties for both of you as we celebrate you two getting married!"

"You don't need to get too ahead of yourself, we don't have a clue what the wedding will be like." Illumi says.

"You're right, you're right." She says backing away slowly.

"Well, should we get this party started?" 

https://discord.gg/PuhxudPw - you guys can join my Discord server for anime, art, and fanfic chats! Don't forget to follow and vote for the story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 59 11
You and Killua are assassin partners. He convinces you to run away, and take the hunter exam, but there's one issue- Your parents. (around 10,000 w...
149K 4.4K 41
!Please Note¡ This is my first time actually making a story at all. Hopefully this will be an amazing experience that we can share together!!^^ ~~~~~...
244 1 15
A bubbled pink girl comes to the hunter exam just to not expect her brother HISOKA and some friends she'll make names killua and gon with kurpika and...
275K 5.8K 33
Silva and Kikyo told (y/n) to get a hunters license and make some friends. (y/n) Zoldyck usually stays on the mountain and when she leaves she wears...