I Promise You (Book 2) *ON HO...

By ArrowSage

Sequel to 'I Will Find You!' Rain's story continues with the group as more threats are thrown their way. Eac... More

Introduction
S6 - Chapter One: A Year Without Rain
S6 - Chapter Two: WOMAN Hunt
S6 - Chapter Three: SheWolf
S6 - Chapter Four: Home Sweet Home
S6 - Chapter Five: Ambush
S6 - Chapter Six: A Shadow On The Heart
S6 - Chapter Seven: You're Not Here
S6 - Chapter Nine: Touch And Go
S6 - Chapter Ten: One Good Thing
S6 - Chapter Eleven: New Beginning
S6 - Chapter Twelve: That Night And The Morning After
S6 - Chapter Thirteen: More Than A Feeling
S6 - Chapter Fourteen: Possible Silver Lining
Author's Note: NOT AN UPDATE!!
S6 - Chapter Fifteen: The Living Side
S6 - Chapter Sixteen: The Next Step
S6 - Chapter Seventeen - Four Walls And A Roof
S6 - Chapter Eighteen - The Day Before
S6 - Chapter Nineteen - Last Night On Earth
S7 - Chapter Twenty - The Day Will Come When You Won't Be
S7 - Chapter Twenty One - Adjusting
S7 - Chapter Twenty Three - Little Pigs
S7 - Chapter Twenty Four - Say What
Story Time
S7 - Chapter Twenty Five - You're Not Welcomed Here
S7 - Chapter Twenty Six - What If?
S7 - Chapter Twenty Seven - Gaining Allies

S6 - Chapter Eight: Just Chaotic

122 4 0
By ArrowSage

"No need to panic"

"This is not the time for that"

"Okay, Stay together"

"Dad"

Mason opened the door and stepped out just as I ran up the steps, he looked out at the mess and his eyes widened, "Get back inside now!" I yelled and he started to panic as he ran inside with me behind him before I closed the door.

"What's happening?" Max asked coming down the stairs and I were breathing out of breath as I leaned back on the door.

"No need to panic" I told them and they each looked at me like I were crazy, "The church tower has taken down the three walls at the back and now walkers are swarming the place" I explained quickly and Max scoffed at me.

"And that is not a reason to panic?" Max asked a little overwhelmed before his eyes landed on the item I were holding in my hand.

"Isn't that Rick's?" He asked pointing at the red handle machete before his eyes widened, "He's not..." He went to ask and I shook my head.

"No, he is okay" I assured him stepping away from the door as I swallowed hard.
"I just seen him go into Jessie's house" Miles said standing by the window and I nodded.

"Okay then that's where we are going" I told them and Miles shook his head, walking over to me and we all looked at him.

"I don't think that would be possible. The street is covered with walkers" He told me and we all ran to the windows then looked out.

There were in fact walkers crammed into every corner of our safe place.

"Then, we will find another way" I told them, taking a step back and they all looked at me, just waiting as I stared off in thought.

"What is the plan here, Noona?" Mason asked and I looked at him then bit my lip.

"Uhh, Can you guys still climb?" I asked and they looked at one another then raised an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah?" They answered at the same time, all equally confused on why I had asked.

I nodded my head then headed upstairs and  they followed, "What is the plan here, Rain?" Mason asked again as I walked into my bedroom.

I climbed onto my bed then made my way over to the window that it sits against before opening the said window, "We can't go through the street so we will go through the houses" I said looking over at the window on the house opposite. Luckily, the gap is not that wide.

"Are you crazy?" Miles asked grabbing the back of my T-shirt and I looked at him.
"Just a little" I said then climbed out of the window and looked down, it is a bit high up.

Also, there were half a dozen walkers roaming between the two houses below.

"Just be careful" Mason told me and I nodded before I counted to three in my head then jumped across to the other side and put my fists through the window.

I didn't even make it as I hung off the side of the building, "Rain!" All three of my brothers called concerned and I sighed annoyed.

"I'm fine" I assured them and the walkers down below got louder which means they have seen me.

I pulled myself up and through the broken window, careful not to cut myself any more before I dropped down into the bedroom.

"Rain?" Miles called and I stood up quickly which made them all flinch before I looked down at my arms that were bleeding after just being cut up by the broken window glass.

"I'm okay" I assured them looking down at the walkers who were trying to reach for us even though there is no way they can get us, "Dumb Fucks" I muttered quietly before using the handle of the machete to break out the remaining glass in the window then threw it (the glass) down to the walkers.

"Is it safe?" Max asked and we all looked at him which made him shrink back slightly.
"Don't ask a stupid question" Miles said already climbing out of the window and I stepped back to avoid getting hit by him.

I helped Miles across then he helped me get the other two across before we quietly explored the top floor of the house, "You do realise we are going to have to do that again?" I asked them and they all looked at me.

"This is not Jessie's house?" Mason asked and I shook my head before walking into a room.
"That's Jessie's house" I stated pointing over at the window that were on the house opposite.

"Oh for fuck sake" Miles cussed annoyed.
"Language" I scolded and he glared at me before moving to the window first.

The same process happened again but this time, Mason through a lamp through the window so I wouldn't hurt myself again.

However, We all came to a stop when we heard a blood curling scream and we all knew what that meant. I let out a ragged breath as I looked over my brothers who all bowed their heads.

"We can't think about that now, we must get in there" I told them and they all nodded at me.

Mason went first this time and he got through the window then he quickly put his hands up in surrender which made me panic, "It's only me" He assured whoever it was in the house and that person walked over to the broken window then looked out at us.

So, I sighed in relief at the familiar face looking  over at the twins and I.

"Hey, Rick" I greeted with a grin then waved at him and he shook his head at me.
"You do have some crazy ideas and I'm always surprised that they work" He praised giving me a small smile and I chuckled.

"That's me for you" I replied shrugging my shoulders and Rick sighed placing his hands on his hips before he waved for us to come over.

"Get your asses in here" He told us and I nodded before allowing my brothers to climb over first then I followed shortly behind them.

I looked around at the people in the room, Jessie, Michonne and Father Gabriel. Jessie were looking behind us at the broken window and I bit my lip as I looked down then used my foot to move the broken glass behind me.

"I promise, I will fix that for you" I told her and she seemed a little stunned by recent events to care so she just slowly nodded her head.

"Alright, What's going on?" I asked walking behind Rick as he walked out of the room.
"Walkers haven't got into the house yet but it won't hold" Rick stated then there were a loud crash from downstairs.

"Is there anyone missing?" I asked quietly and everyone took a look around the group, "Where's Deanna?" I asked looking at Rick and he slowly shook his head.

"She got bit saving me" Rick answered in awe and I gave him a small sad smile. So, that was her screams earlier.

"Ron is not here" Jessie stated from the back of the group and she looked worried.

"Carl is not here either" Michonne stated and my heart raced in panic as I looked around too then another crash sounded.

"I have a feeling we have just found them" Mason stated and we all rushed downstairs.

I could hear struggling coming from inside of the garage door and I went to go open it but frowned when I came to find that it were locked, "Carl?!" I yelled banging on the door with my hand but he didn't answer.

"Ron, you open this door right now!" Jessie yelled and I flinched back because she had just yelled down my ear.

"Okay, Step back" Rick said and we both moved aside then the sheriff lifted his leg and brought it to his chest before his foot collided with the door. Which he did a few times.

Finally, the door flung open and I stepped in catching it before it could swing back again.

"Carl!" Rick called for his son as little sheriff struggled with Ron and he ran over to them with Jessie behind him then the two tried to get the teenagers to let go of one another.

I don't know what made them want to fight but none of them looked happy in any way.

"Stop!" Michonne yelled making me jump because I weren't expecting it and everyone fell quiet as the boys moved away from one another, "We don't have time for that" She added annoyed and the two boys glared at one another before Ron shoved Carl back hard.

Little sheriff fell back into the glass door behind him so the glass broke and the walkers waiting outside grabbed for him and my eyes widened, "Carl!" I called in panic before running over to him along with Rick then we both pulled him away.

"Everyone in the house now!" Rick yelled and everyone obeyed, running back through the garage door and Rick got in last but the walkers followed, I swear they have got faster.

So when Rick closed the door, the walkers pressed themselves against it and we couldn't get it closed, no matter how many of us pushed on it, "Get upstairs now!" I yelled and the group quickly rushed up the stairs, "Boys, find something to block the stairs" I told them before turning to look at Rick.

"You go up first" He told me and I shook my head as we went sliding across the floor because the walkers were getting too much, "I'll be right behind you" He told me and I groaned annoyed before leaving his side.

I ran up the stairs as the group pulled a wardrobe from one of the rooms and were waiting with it at the top of the stairs.

"Come on, Rick!" I screamed in panic and he seemed to be counting himself down before he let go off the door then came running up the stairs as the walkers flooded through the door.

"Now!" Mason yelled and altogether the group pushed the wardrobe down the stairs and we all cringed as it loudly went crashing down before getting stuck between the walls at the bottom so now the walkers can't come up.

We stayed on the second floor for what seemed like hours and we were all just sitting around in one of the bedrooms when a thought came to mind, "Where's Judith?" I asked looking around worriedly and Carl stood up.

"She's okay" He assured me then opened up a clothes draw and I chuckled softly when I saw Judith sleeping peacefully in it.

"We can't stay here" Jessie stated holding her youngest son close to her chest. It reminded me of when Lori used to do that with Carl.

That seems like another life time ago now. I mean, Carl is definitely not that little boy anymore.

"Okay, then we need to get out of here" Rick stated and we all agreed.
"How? There are walkers roaming all over. We won't get out of here unharmed or alive" Ron stated and Carl looked over at him.

"Don't worry, We have dealt with much worse than this" Carl told him, looking around at the original members of the group.

"I have an idea" Rick announced and we all looked at him but he were looking at me, "Rip up the sheets and put them over you" He told us before running out the room and I frowned.

Everyone else were confused as well, "Alright, let's just do as he says" I told them standing up from where I were just sitting.

We were just wrapping ourselves in sheets when Rick came back into the room with two dead walkers over his shoulders before he threw them on the floor, by our feet.

Jessie flinched before pulling her sons with her as she took a step back, "Why did you bring them up here?" Jessie asked gagging slightly.

"We are going to cut them open then rub their guts all over us" He said kneeling down.
"What?" We all asked at the same time.
"It's to disguise ourselves as one of them" Rick told us, getting his knife out.

"How do you know it will work?" Father Gabriel asked and Rick looked up at us.

"Because I have done this before back in Atlanta... with Glenn" He said looking down when he said his name and my heart cracked a little just hearing it, "It was his idea" He added then started cutting open the walker.

"That sounds like him" I said quietly then smiled to myself for a moment before cringing at the smell so I turned away to gag.

"So, you want us to put that on our bodies?" Ron asked pointing down at the walker guts that Rick held in his hands.

"That's why you are wearing the sheets" He stated before he stood up, "Don't get it in your eyes or mouth" He told us as he started painting his Son with the walker guts.

So, I strapped the machete to my belt then got myself ready to be covered in rotting flesh.

We all spent a good twenty minutes just painting ourselves with walker guts before we all stood up, gagging and trying not to touch ourselves. Max help put Judith underneath Carl's bloody makeshift poncho before tying her to his chest then covering her over.

"What do we do now?" Miles asked disgusting in what he is wearing and I chuckled at him.
"We get to the quarry and grab the vehicles there then we can lead the walkers away" He informed us and we all nodded.

"Okay then let's do this" I said trying to get people motivated and Rick smiled at me.
"Everyone hold hands" Rick told us and we all did as he asked.

Rick took the lead then it went; Michonne, Ron, Gabriel, Carl with Judith, Jess, Sam, Mason, Me, then Miles and Max on the end.

"Okay, stay together" Rick told the line and we all nodded before he lead us out the room, with us all holding hands, we followed behind him.

We each squeezed passed through wardrobe and my heart started to race when it were my turn so I came to a stop and Mason looked back at me after feeling the tug on his arm.

"Noona, We don't have time for one of your episodes. We need to move now" He whispered to me and I snapped out of my trance then squeezed passed the wardrobe myself.

"I'm okay" I assured him whispering then flinched back when a walker got too close to me but thankfully he walked away again.

"Stay quiet" Rick told us in a loud whisper then he slowly lead us out of the house.

The town were pretty much buried with walkers as we slowly passed through them. Our safe place were completely gone and I actually couldn't believe what I were seeing.

I saw people that we would pass in the community and say 'Hi' to. People who brought us homemade cookies and other foods.

Now, they were walkers, roaming with the other dead. It actually made my heart ache.

"Rick" Gabriel called in a whisper a few times before the man answered, "Maybe, I should take Judith back to my church where it's safe" He suggested and Rick nodded his head.

"Carl, Give Judith to Gabriel" He told his son and Carl nodded before he turned to Gabriel then moved Judith from his chest to the priest's chest without going noticed by the walkers.

"Please be careful" Carl told him, worried for his sister and Gabriel nodded before he wrapped his arms around Judith then slowly walked off in another direction.

"Wait" Jess called out and Gabriel stopped so Jessie looked at Sam, "Go with him and I'll find you" She told her son and I sighed in awe.

Sam were sobbing anyway but only got worse when Jessie suggested they separate so to get him to shut up, Jessie said he can come with us and I rolled my eyes.

So, Gabriel left with Judith alone.

"Keep moving" Michonne whispered to us and Carl joined hands with Ron to fill in the gap before we continued through the crowd.

However, we came to a halt again when Sam stopped and were staring at a child-walker which made him cry out loud as he started freaking out.

He immediately attracted noise for the walkers and they ate him alive which caused my eyes to widened as I looked away.

The chain were broken at that point as people moved to defend themselves but Jessie stared stunned as she watched her son getting eaten before she were eaten alive herself.

Chaos started as we moved out of line and started taking down the walkers, "Move to the front gates!" Michonne yelled and we all moved away but Carl couldn't move with us.

Jessie's hand still had hold of his and he couldn't get out of her grip and Rick were just standing there, staring at the scene, "Rick!" I called and he looked at me but I just shook my head then got the machete off my belt before I hacked at Jessie's wrist. Until it came off.

Carl eventually got free and he stumbled back causing him to drop his gun so I went to go pick it up for him when Ron beat me to it then pointed the gun over at us.

He looked angry and upset which I can't really blame him for. His family has just died right in front of his eyes.

"Woah" I exclaimed putting my hands up and then I quickly hit the gun causing Ron to pull the trigger by accident and I quickly ducked, holding my hands over my head.

"My family is dead and it's all your fault" Ron cried and I went to take him out but my heart dropped when I heard Carl speak.

"Dad" He called for his father quietly and we all turned to look at him.

He slowly looked up and I gasped at the sight, his right eye were just gone then he fell to the floor. Rick shook his head as he started crying before he quickly moved towards his son.

"You..." I started turning back to Ron but didn't get the chance to finish when a sword appeared from out of his chest then another gunshot rang out. An reflex shot.

I gasped in shock as I slowly looked down at my stomach and watched as blood seethed through my t-shirt before looking back up at Michonne, who removed her Katana from Ron.

"I don't think I'm okay" I told Michonne and she stared at me in horror as I fell to my knees then slowly fell onto my back.

It felt like I were falling in slow motion.

Everything were blurry as I heard different people calling my name in panic but the noise just got fuzzy.

The last thing I saw were balloons floating across the dark sky before I slipped into the darkness that were desperately calling me.

The last thought on my mind was the fact that, I will get to find Glenn again.

💜💜

Another Chapter posted!! Quite a long one too!!

So, A lot has happened in this chapter;

Alexandria got overrun.
The group has been separated again.

Deanna is dead.
Jessie is dead.
Sam is dead.
Ron is dead.

Carl got shot in the face.
And Rain also got shot in the stomach.

(Please note that Rain's arms are still bleeding too. There is just so much going on that she hasn't had time to get them treated.)

So, Rain has lost a lot of blood and
Carl has a bullet where his eye should be.

Okay, that's a lot to take in!!

So, I bet you are wondering what will happen next.

Comment. Vote. Follow.

Thank you for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.2K 461 43
the dead rose-the world fell, but carsyn walsh rose higher. with her family at her side, she grew stronger, smarter, braver... what she didn't expect...
384 23 25
Starting at season2 Taleigha Julie grimes or Tj lost her thought she lost her adopted parents and younger brother 2 months after dead people decided...
6.7K 171 22
"isn't it just so pretty to think, all along there was some invisible string, tying you to me?" an enemies to lovers story :) season one - complete s...
119K 1.8K 18
THIS IS A PART 2 TO MY DARYL FREAKING DIXON STORIES! THANK YOU FOR ALL OF THE READS, COMMENTS, AND VOTES! I LOVE YOU, MY CUPPYCAKES!! This book is ju...