š‘š®š§ššš°ššš² |šŸšŸ–+

By bazookah

š’š”šž š°ššš¬ š­šØšØ šœš„š®šžš„šžš¬š¬. š’š”šž š°ššš¬ š­šØšØ š§ššš¢šÆšž. š’š”šž š°ššš¬ š­šØšØ š¢š§š§šØšœšžš§š­... More

Disclaimer || Aesthetics
0 || Rosso
00 || Daniel
01 || The Colony
02 || The Wonders Of Google
03 || Tainted World
05 || Sleeping Beauty
06 || Cat And Mouse
07 || Fight Club
08 || Xanny
09 || Slut
10 || Decisions
11 || Attitude
12 || The Offer
13 || Kiss Me Thru The Phone
14 || Peer Pressure
15 || Asshole
16 || Indecent
17 || Imposter
18 || Interrogation
19 || Repent
20 || Snitch
21 || Too Far
22 || Quest For Comfort
23 || Taste Of Sin
24 || Red
25 || Ride Or Die
26 || Sweet And Sour
27 || Wake Up Call
28 || Tunnel Vision
29 || Pick Me
30 || Fool Me Twice
31 || Turn Tables
32 || A Series Of Unfortunate Events
33 || His Eyes Only
34 || Taste
35 || The Right Thing
36 || Strangers
37 || Kill For You
38 || His Bed
39 || His First
40 || Taken
41 || Heart Burn
42 || Insane Nico
43 || Brother Knows Best
44 || All Mine
45 || He Knows
46 || Killer
47 || Maniac
48 || Gentleman
49 || The Ultimate Ultimatum
50 || Deja Vu
51 || The Unlucky One
52 || Puppy Shit
53 || Butterfly
54 || Home Sweet Home
55 || Cigarettes After Sex
56 || Party Crashers
57 || Crossfire
58 || Paradise
59 || Too Easy
60 || Little Flora
61 || Happily Ever After
GETAWAY

04 || Runaway

212K 6.4K 18.2K
By bazookah

Song: Taylor Swift - My Tears Ricochet (slowed + reverb)

𝔚𝔚𝔚
Josiphina

I woke to the sound of birds chirping outside and the sun blaring down on my face through my open window. I must have forgotten to close it last night.

Squinting my eyes open, I peer around the room, only stopping once I see the open window.

The sun was bright and I could faintly make out the sound of the neighbours working on their gardens, mowing their lawns and chatting with each other.

To them it was a beautiful summer morning and had the memories of last night not come reeling in, I would have agreed.

I try clearing my throat but all that come out is a painfully dry screech. 

Another reminder that last night was real.

I throw my sore limps off the bed and stand only to wince and grab onto the wall for support while the soreness between my legs aches.

Marie had squeezed me into this dress, it was two sizes too small but she didn't care and the only way I was getting out of it was by ripping it off.

I tried not to look down as I did so, but that didn't last for very long because the second I caught a glimpse of red, I couldn't stop myself for from examining the red detailing that wasn't there before.

My dried blood.

I felt filthy. Violated. Dirty. And that was after I'd ripped the dress off and scrubbed every inch of my skin clean.

And it was when I stepped out of the shower and stared in the mirror at the girl before me that I saw it.

Her red swollen eyes- dull and so worn out. Her hollow cheeks - empty and so lifeless. And her sore aching body - filthy and so disgusting to look at.

The sight of her was horrific and only scratched the surface of what she was feeling on the inside.

I decided I didn't want anything to do with that girl.

And that's all it took.

All it took for me to walk out of my bathroom and into my closet.

And all it took for me to grab my most important things and stuff them into my backpack and my duffel bag. My art supplies, my inhaler, my cellular device, my medical kit and some random clothes.

I had three hundred dollars to my name. I'd been saving for five years and I knew that if my wits wouldn't get me far on the outside, the large sum of money in my pocket would.

Daniel was right to run.

And now it was my turn.

. . .

"That'll be eighty five dollars miss."

I snap my head up and towards the man behind the wheel. "E-eighthy five? As In eight five?" I ask, my heart sinking along with the last of my money.

Things never cost this much back in The Colony.

It'd taken me five years to save up enough money for it to all be blown away in the span of twenty four hours, on two things. A bus ticket and now a taxi fare through the large city that was New York.

I glance down at the hundred dollar bill in my hand. It was all I had left, I'd barely eaten in fear of not having enough money to get me here and now that I was here, I wanted to cry at how I was going to be left with only fifteen dollars.

The man sighs and turns in his seat, giving me somewhat of a simpathetic smile. "Listen, girlie. I can tell you're not from around here so let me help ya out."

A smile crosses my features and I slump my shoulders in relief. I needed some kindness, I'd been rough 24 hours.

I'd waited until dark to sneak out of my bedroom and once I made it to the forest, I didn't go towards the clearing. I had found a map through the internet and from there it had led me to the bus station.

It took me about four hours of walking on foot but I got there and when I did, I'd bought a bus ticket and followed the masses of people onto the bus.

I hadn't been able to sleep on the twelve hour journey seeing as I was too busy taking in the world around me. But throughout my long journey, I hadn't found many people who were all that friendly.

I appreciated his kindness. "Thank you so much kind Sir-"

I watch his hand as he reaches back and hastily snatches the hundred dollar bill right out it. "Out here ya tip." And then he sends me a smile and holds up the bill. "So this'll do."

"What? No-"

And then I jump at the blaring of another vehicle sounding it's horn at us.

"Move around you jackass!" The man yells out of his window and the horns don't stop there. It gets so bad that I find myself scurrying out of the small yellow veichle they call a taxi and onto the street with my bags in hand.

And before I can do anything, I watch in horror as the man speeds off nearly colliding with two cars in the process.

I officially ran out of money and I only just got here.

With a heavy heart, I trail my gaze after the taxi as it drives down the extremely busy street and then it drifts to my surroundings and I can't believe my eyes.

I hadn't had time during the ride to examine my surroundings seeing as I was too preoccupied trying to call Daniel, who still had yet to answer my calls.

But now that I was looking up at the masses of buildings around me, I took the moment to take it all in.

I was definitely a long way from home.

large structures that spanned across the sky and towering above all of us. Standing tall and intimidating as people - lots of people, rushed past around me completely oblivious to the fact that there were architectural masterpieces all around.

A hard nudge of my shoulder brings my attention back to the space in front of me and my eyes widen as I spot the sign of the storefront before me.

South Street Shawarma followed by another line of foreign symbols.

The exact store that was in the photo. A photo Daniel had sent me months ago. He'd mentioned how his favorite restaurant was just down the street from where he lived and since I didn't know where he lived, I had searched through our virtual chat history to find a picture of his favorite restaurant.

Tugging on my bags, I make my way towards the shop. I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going from here but I needed answers.

Walking into the store, the delicious smell of spices and foreign food greets me and my eyes try to take it all in.

"What can I get for you?" The boy behind the counter asks as I snap my head to him, his tone is bored and he doesn't even look up at me.

"Oh, i'm not here to order." I smile and the boys eyes snap up to mine in curiosity. "I'm looking for someone, he likes to eat the food here."

The guy behind the counter raises a brow and looks to the side. "You for real?"

I nod and he sighs shaking his head. "This is New York, thousands of people pass by here every day. I don't have time for this shit. If you're not gonna buy anything then get out." He says before looking past me and calling the next customer up.

I move to the side as I let the funny looking girl step up to the counter and place her order.

"Please, you must know him. His name is Daniel, he has dark hair and...he used to eat those all the time!" I plead, motioning to the picture of the so-called shawarma on the poster behind him.

"Do I need to call security?" The guy snaps as he finishes taking the girl's order. She sends me a weird look before standing off to the side, no doubtedly waiting for her food.

My heart starts beating faster at the prospect of him not giving me the information I need. "Please? His name is Daniel Dumont he's my brother. I need to find him. I have nowhere else to go." I say, frantically.

This was the only option. I had no money nor any idea of where to go from here.

The boy turns to me and purses his lips. "I. Don't. Care. I don't need another runaway from home to deal with. There's a homeless shelter a couple blocks down."

I open my mouth to ask him what a homeless shelter is but before I can, the funny looking girl standing to my right, speaks. "My parents don't pay you to be an ass, stop scaring away potential customers, Ali." I look over at her but she's sending a not so nice smile to the boy behind the counter. "Now go get my food you're taking up my break time."

The boy behind the counter narrows his eyes but disappears in the back and I turn to her, taking my time to trail her up and down.

I'd never seen anything like it. She was wearing a navy suit and she had something wrapped around her head. I briefly wondered why she was dressed like that, I'd never seen a girl wear a suit.

When I look to her pretty face I see her eyeing me up and down, seeming to be deep in thought. "You really have no place to go?"

I swallow thickly and nod. Hoping that this odd looking stranger in a navy suit and fabric around her head shows me an ounce of kindness - something I haven't been getting out here.

She stares at me for another minute before sighing something along the lines of, "I'm getting fired." Under her breath. Before raising a brow in question at me. "You talking about Danny? Wes' roommate?"

Wes?

My eyes widen and I nod. "Weston Farley? Yes, that's the one." And then I step closer, looking into her eyes. "Are you a friend of Daniels? Do you know where he is? Where does he live?"

"Woah, slow down there, chirpy." She says as the man hands her a bag of what I presume to be her food. "I didn't say anything about showing you where he lives." And then she narrows her eyes at me before turning on her heels and walking out of the shop. "I don't even know if you're telling me the truth."

I follow after her as she walks onto the busy street. "Why would I lie about such matters?"

She stops and turns her head, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. "If he's your brother shouldn't you know where he lives?"

A little part of my heart sinks. It did seem quite ridiculous but I had nothing to go off of. "Please. He isn't answering my calls and I have no where to go. If you would just take me to him, he can clear it all up."

She pauses for a moment before speaking. "Okay." And then she spins on her heels and continues down the street.

Okay?

Okay.

I follow behind her, quietly hoping she can be of any help. And when she stays quiet, I decide to speak something that's been on my mind. "May I ask why you're wearing what you're wearing?"

Not only was it odd for a woman to be in a suit, but I had no idea why she had a matching navy scarf wrapped around her head.

Was she bald under there?

She continues walking as she speaks. "I should be offended but something tells me you're being completely serious." She throws over her shoulder.

I pause, my brows furrowing. "I didn't mean to offend you. I apologize." I say increasing my pace to keep up with hers. 

We were walking furthur into the busy street where the structures got higher and most of them were covered in glass.

She stops in front of a large dark one and I swallow thickly as I look up at the extremely tall and intimidating structure. Black with dark tempered glass, unlike the others around us.

Theres a layer of fog blocking my view of the top of the building but from the sheer size of it, I knew it spanned great heights.

And when I realize the girl is walking through the large doors that lead into the structure, I instantly find myself following behind her, trying to take in every magnificent thing I can.

But it's too overwhelming. The size, the glass, the modern and perfectly kept furniture.

A snap brings me back to reality and I look towards the large desk off towards the side of the grand space. It reminded me of a receptionist desk of sorts but much larger.

The girl stands behind it, ushering me over and I instantly move to stand on the other side, waiting as she bends down and types away on a keyboard.

"This is my work uniform for my job as a concierge at The Grand Ossor." She explains, pointing to the name tag on her side. I read it and smile.

"Mina." I say, putting her name into my memory as I watch her continue to type away while using one hand to reach into her food bag and take out a cylindrical looking sandwich.

My attention goes to what she's staring at and I lean over to realize it's a computer. We had one of those in The Colony, granted it was only used to look through the catalogue of books in the library and much more outdated than this, but it was still a computer-I knew that much.

"And this thing wrapped around my head," She mutters distractedly after chewing down a bite of her sandwich, her eyes narrowed in thought at the screen. "Is a hijab."

"A hijab?" I repeat and then tilt my head curiously. "Why do you wear it?"

"Religious beliefs." She murmurs as she continues to type away on the computer, I don't know why she's doing so, but I stick to one question at a time.

"So you have to wear it?"

She pauses and straightens out, sending me a pointed look. "No. I choose to wear it. Just like anyone can choose to wear a suit or choose to wear a dress."

I blink, processing her answer before nodding.

Choice. Everyone out here had the freedom to choose.

You didn't get that back in The Colony.

I hear rustling and look to see Mina pull out a small note and start to scribble something down onto it.  "Listen, I'm gonna be straight up with you." And then she looks at me seriously.

"Danny hasn't been around here in months. But his roommate- Wes - still lives here. So if anyone. And I mean anyone asks." She stresses. "You're Wes' cousin from out of town that he's expecting. I'm not trying to lose my job here."

I nod eagerly, hope bubbling in my chest as I grab the note from her hand. I'd been a long journey and I needed to catch a break and Mina had just made it possible. "Thank you so much." I say as I blink back my emotions. I could cry from gratitude.

She merely blinks back at me. "Are you about to cry?" She asks, her brows furrowing like I'm ridiculous.

I try to swallow back my emotions but I can't help but nod.

I was exhausted, only getting two hours of sleep on a uncomfortable bench outside the bus station and didn't think I'd make it this far.

She had made it possible.

Her eyes widen and her face scrunches up in distaste. "Don't do that. I don't know how to handle people that cry."

I instantly somber up. "Oh." I say as I wipe the emotions from my face. The last thing I wanted was to make her uncomfortable.

She sighs to herself before sending me a soft smile and nodding to the note.  "Wes is on the seventeenth floor. Room 1703. Take the elevator up and you'll find it." And then she points towards a set of metal doors.

I carefully walk towards them, trying to inspect what they are and when I realize what it is my heart stops.

I'd heard about these types of transports.

An elevator. A metal box that's used to teleport people. I'd seen it with my own eyes in a film that I had watched.

I didn't know such things existed and I debate on asking Mina if I could possibly take the stairs but I don't want to put her in any more trouble. And so, when the doors open, I step into the large box and watch as the doors close.

There are little buttons on the side with corresponding numbers and I figure it's the height of the corresponding floors which belong to this structure.

The buttons go all the way up to fifty nine, only when I look at the small panel on the other side of the door, there's a larger button with the number sixty on it next to a black little square with a red light.

Ignoring the odd section, I press the button with a seventeen on it and tense, waiting for something crazy to happen but nothing does.

Instead all I get is a light clanking sound signaling that the metal box is in motion.

I relax and exhale, briefly wondering how Daniel could live in such an advanced place like this and when the elevator doors open into a long hallway with numbered doors, that curiously turns into wonder.

Daniel lives here?

I walk into the hallway, glancing at the doors until I find the one I'm looking for.

1701

1702

1703

So this was Daniels door? It was large and exactly like all the others in the hallway. I wondered what was behind it.

Lifting my hand, I knock on the door, my hands shaking in anticipation and exhaustion as the weight of my journey finally settles down on me.

I wanted nothing more than to rest only I halt my thoughts when I get no response.

I try again and again until I'm desperately knocking on the door. Yet there still isn't any response and my heart sinks in defeat as I stop and glance between the paper in my hand and the door to make sure I have the right room.

Yes, 1703-

I stop, my ears perking up and I step closer to the door just in time to make out a faint sound.

Movement of some sort, shuffling and footsteps-multiple footsteps, telling me someone's in there.

And this time when I knock, I use my fist, making sure to pound on the door so someone can hear me.

I didn't come all this way to give up. "I know you're in there!" I yell. "Hello? Weston? D-"

Im cut off by the sound of a lock turning and when the door slowly creaks open just enough for me to make out one brown eye, my mouth hangs open, mid sentence.

I don't recognize the man at all but I'm snapped out of my stupor the second I hear a loud enough thud that makes my gaze flicker to the the space past his shoulder.

I try to look past him but he sticks his entire head out and pivots his large body to the side, blocking my view of what lied beyond the door.

"Can I help you?" His voice is nothing but a quiet murmur as he cast a glance behind him, his tone not welcoming at all.

But I persevere. "Yes, I'm looking for my-" I stop myself from saying my brother Daniel because I remember Mina's words and I correct myself before I can do any real damage. "My cousin, Weston. He lives here? I'm visiting from out of town." I say, shuffling on my feet and blinking up at the man.

The man's eyes briefly widen and he blinks a few times but I ignore him once I hear more shuffling and then something like the sound of glass shattering. "Is he in there?"

I step closer to get a better look but the man hastily steps out into the hallway, shutting the door behind him and I take a step back, his large physique taking me by surprise.

I try to make sense of his confusing behavior and I purse my lips and look up at him as he exhaled. "Listen. It's not a good time, sweetheart. You need to come back another time." And with that he musters up a small smile, the action making his rather stoic face look somewhat approachable.

"Oh. Is he busy?" I wonder.

He averts his eyes. "Yeah. Something like that."

I find myself nodding in understanding as I take a step back and set my bags down against the wall. I had all the time in the world. I could wait. "Thank you for letting me know." And with that I plop down against the wall and smile up at the man.

He watches me, his thick brows furrowing before he draws a frustrated breath, squatting down to get closer to me. "Listen, you look like a sweet girl-"

My cheeks tint at the compliment and I instantly let him know how much I appreciate his kind words. "Thank you. You're not too bad yourself." I beam, actually meaning my compliment.

He was very handsome and tall. We didn't get that back home.

He pauses and blinks a few times before shaking his head, a hard look crossing his features. "If you know what's good for you, you'd leave and come back another time. Wes' busy." He spits ominously.

I stare into his serious eyes and I instantly understand what he's trying to say. He's telling me to leave, he's turning me away. And it's like all the fight in me gives out because I slump further into the wall.

I was exhausted, hungry, and I had no money left.
I couldn't just leave. I had no where to go.

I couldn't go home.

I exhale a shaky breath as I try to stop the tears of frustration, sadness and anger but I can't seem to shake them.

I wasn't a crier by any means. In fact, I never cried but I couldn't help the tears that gathered in my eyes as I looked up to the man that was shattering my world.

"I-I have no where else to go." I whisper, knowing that if I spoke the words any louder, I'd want to cry and I didn't want to humiliate myself any further by crying infrorn of a complete stranger.

But it's like humiliation is the least of my worries because the second I see the hard look on his face, I crack.

The first tear slips out and I don't even bother hiding it. The man instantly shoots to to his feet, taking a horrified step back, his eyes wide. "No. Don't do that."

I sniffle and tilt my head up. "Do what?" What more could this man want from me? Couldn't he see that I had no fight left in me?

I was so close to Daniel but this man was telling me I had to leave.

His face scrunches into a look of disgust as he looks at me. "That-" He points a finger at my face. "Crying. Stop it."

But his words have the opposite affect for the next thing I know, the tears are pouring out of my eyes. "I-I can't. I came all the way here to see him and now... now you're kicking me out."

His eyes widen and he pulls at the hair atop his head, clearly in distress as he hastily shakes his head but I bury my head into my hands and continue to cry softly. "I'm not trying to kick you out. I promise-I'm not a total dick."

My lower lip wobbles as I lift my head out of my hands to stare up at him. "I don't have anywhere to go. Please just let me wait here. I won't be a bother, I promise."

I hiccup and sniffle as I feel the tears flowing down my cheek. The man's eyes flicker all over my face and I watch him cringe in discomfort. "Fuck, you really are crying."

And then a sob rakes through my body at the way in which he's looking at me with so much judgement. "I'm sorry."

He starts pacing back and forth, his body language telling me he's in distress and when he looks between my face and the door, he throws his head back with a groan. "Ah, fuck me." And then he pauses and looks down towards me. "And fuck you and those sad little puppy dog eyes. You're making me feel like an asshole." He mutters, narrowing his eyes and using his hand to motion to my face once again.

I hastily bring my hands to my face and wipe at my tears as I try to understand his words. I wasn't familiar with the slang nor did I know if he was cursing me or not but before I can ask him to translate, he speaks.

"Up. Come on." He says and I instantly get to my feet as I send him a curious glance to which he further explains. "I can't have you waiting out here..." and then he looks hesitant as he glances towards the elevator. "But... you can wait somewhere else."

I had half a mind not to trust him, but I was running on two hours of sleep and desperate, so I follow after him.

I get into the elevator with him and watch as he fumbles to take out a small white card looking object and hold it up against the black pad on the side of the elevator. The little flashing light turns green and then he presses the button for the sixtieth floor, while mumbling something about having no backbone.

I stare after the spot on the side of the elevator in wonder and realize the elevator is moving. "Where are you taking me, Sir?" I ask softly.

His head snaps towards me, his eyes wide and he clears his throat, whispering a "Fuck me." In what I presume to be frustration.

That word again.

Fuck.

I make a mental note to ask Google.

The elevator doors open in record time and I step out of it, blinking as I try to process the space before me.

It's not a narrow, dark hallway. No, what greets my eyes is a large circular space.

The floor is adorned in a dark stone of sorts, the walls having black paneled cutouts where various art pieces are on display and there are three separate arched doorways that lead into larger hallways.

One directly in-front of me and the others on either side and with the way it's decorated, I gather it's a home.

"Wow." I breath as I spin around to look at the man. "Do you live here?" I ask, it was hard to believe that this was real, let alone the fact that someone lived in a place like this.

He shuffles on his feet, glancing around nervously. "That doesn't matter." He mutters, walking forward and giving me a hard look. "Look, you're gonna stay here until they're done with Wes. I'll come back up to get you but until then just..." He glances around, scratching the back of his neck.

"Just, don't move. Don't touch anything. No one's up here but if anyone asks, just say you're here with Sammy. Okay?" He says, his face one of unease, telling me it's taking a lot for him to do this for me.

I step forward and rub his forearm affectionately in an attempt to show my gratitude. "Thank you so much, Sammy." I say genuinely.

"Seriously, sweetheart. I'm gonna need you to stay quiet and just stay put if you want to see Wes again. You understand?"

I nod in understanding and he stares at me for a moment in contemplation and when he seems to get his answer, he nods and moves back towards the elevator.

I wave him off with a small smile as he walks into the elevator turning to face me. He pauses and looks back at me with a brow raised. "What's your name again?"

I open my mouth to tell him that my name is Josephina but then I pause. Did I want to be called Josiphina?

Marie called me Josiphina. Dillan called me Josiphina. Father Kade called me Josiphina.

Daniel called me Josie.

Josiphina was the girl stuck in The Colony. The same girl that let her mother effectively belittle her and make her feel terrible. The same girl that had let a man violate her.

When I realize Sammy is still waiting for my response, I muster up a smile and give him my response once the elevator doors start closing between us.

"It's Josie... I'm Josie."

𓆩❤︎𓆪

Next chapter is already out and we get to meet Nico 👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.8K 977 40
| Prequel to 'My brothers best friend' & 'My best friends sister' | ------------------------------ Nicolina Martell moves to Jacksonville to escape...
5.6M 135K 63
š€ šƒš€š‘šŠ š‘šŽšŒš€šš‚š„ š›/š° š­š°šØ ššžšÆš¢šØš®š¬ š¦šžš§ ššš§š šš š¤š¢š§š š¬šØš®š„. š‘°š’• š’•š’š’š’Œ š’š’š’† š’ˆš’š’‚š’š’„š’† š’‡š’š’“ š’•š’‰š’†š’Ž š’•š’ š’“ļæ½...
107K 3.9K 48
*Mafia romance* He pierced into my soul with his beautiful eyes, his hot breath touching my face. He looked away from me for a moment, towards every...
349K 8.3K 31
BEWARE: the writing in this is from when I was younger, and is extremely cringey and cliche. I advise you not to read this because the writing in thi...