sweet creature x jemily

Door theprxntisstrials

Emily is granted the opportunity to adopt Carrie after her entire family was murdered. Emily is adjusting to... Meer

two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
bonus chapter: twenty-one

one

5.5K 74 195
Door theprxntisstrials

welcome to the second more requested book. this one is purely going to be of fluff and mom!emily☺️

also please read the note at the end of the book for a little clarification with the book ✨

happy readings and stay safe besties! -salem🤍

TW: mentions of death
word count: 3334

Emily: "Being a mother is an attitude, not a biological relation." Robert A. Heinlein.

"Carrie?" Emily said softly and knocked on the door. The teenager was wide awake, staring off into space. Emily shut the door behind her as she walked in. Carrie finally noticed her and looked up. "You didn't sleep, did you?"

Carrie shook her head as she played with her fingers in front of her. "I don't want any more nightmares. Plus, the policeman came in and said I had to be ready soon so I can meet with a social worker."

"That's not your only option," Emily said and knelt in front of Carrie. The young woman furrowed her eyebrows. "You are a bright young girl, Carrie. And I know you're going through a lot right now. It would help to go with someone who understands what kind of situation you're going through."

"You—You want to take me in?" Carrie asked softly. Her eyes were softening as she looked at Emily. The raven-haired woman smiled softly.

"Only if you want. I know it's a big move from Denver to DC, but I can—"

"Yes," Carrie said and grabbed Emily's hand. "I don't want to be here anymore. I don't want to see that house and be reminded of the worse day of my life. Please, please, take me away from here."

"Okay, okay. I'm just going to go pack up with my team, and then we can go to the airport," Emily said and patted the teenager's hand. Carrie felt a weight lift off of her shoulders. The teenager was terrified that she would end up in a terrible foster home for a year. Carrie had taken a liking to Emily. The woman was nice, gentle and most importantly, she cared. It felt like Emily, and the rest of the team had respect for Carrie. So, it was an easy yes for Carrie to agree to leave with Emily. The older woman got up and left the room.

"Are you sure about this?" David asked as he watched Emily from the window. The raven-haired woman nodded her head.

"You know better than anyone, Rossi. I've always wanted to have kids but, I never got that opportunity. I might as well adopt. Carrie is bright and has a lot of potential. Plus, it's going to be hard on her," Emily said and crossed her arms. She looked over at Rossi, who just pursed his lips. "What?"

"You have a big heart. Let's hope you know how to handle a teenager," Rossi said and chuckled as he patted Emily's back. The two of them walked off and helped Hotch with cleaning up. Emily's entire body was now full of nerves. He was right. Emily had no idea how to handle a teenager. Especially a sixteen-year-old. Now, maybe she should have bought a parenting book before making her decision.

The team had gotten everything together before getting ready and heading to the jet. Emily was in a car with Carrie, JJ, and Spencer. She was driving and would occasionally take a glance at the teenager in the back seat. She was looking out at the Denver scenery. That would be the last time she'd probably see it.

Emily wasn't the only one looking at someone in the car. JJ would steal glances at Emily as she would put her eyes back on the road. Emily was just very lovely to look at.

Emily had pulled up to the airstrip and put the car in park. The team all got down and grabbed their things before boarding the jet. Carrie was taking in the new things happening at once.

"There's water in the fridge and some snacks in the top cabinet. I think you should get some rest before we land in DC," Emily said smiled as Carrie situated herself on the couch. Emily slid into the chairs as the teenager laid back onto the leather and almost instantly fell asleep. JJ slid into the seat across from Emily and just smiled at her.

"Are you sure you wanna do this?" JJ asked and kicked a foot up on the seat below her.

"One hundred percent," Emily said and smiled softly as JJ glanced over at Carrie. "You know, there's just something about her. I've worked with so many kids in this line of work. But, there's just a feeling about her. She's a good kid. I just had to help her."

"You have a good heart, Em," JJ said and smiled softly. "I think the two of you are going to be just fine. There's something about you and kids that just makes sense. You'd be a great mom."

"You think so?" Emily asked as her eyes softened.

"She adores you already. You got this, Em," JJ said as she reached across the table and patted Emily's hand. The woman's heart rate kicked up at the gesture. JJ pulled back and settled back into her seat as her eyes shut. Emily just smiled as she looked out the window.

Carrie, however, had moved around on the couch and saw the interaction between the two women. She held back her comment of how red Emily was. That was a conversation to have in private with her. But there was no denying that Emily had a crush. It was written all over her face when she just looked at JJ. The blonde woman, however, was a bit harder to read. Carrie being a teenager, could pick up on cues that were hidden or not easily readable. But with JJ, she was a profiler. She was good at hiding her feelings. It was her job to read and not be read.

They had touched down in Washington DC at three o'clock in the morning. Emily and Carrie had made their way to Emily's apartment. The woman was lucky to have a two-story, two-bedroom apartment. Emily was just paranoid that she might have guests or other team members who would want to spend the night.

"Okay, so here's the apartment," Emily said and walked through the door. Carrie's eyes widened as she walked in. Emily gave off classy modern vibes, and that was precisely what could be used to describe this apartment. It was Emily.

Off-white walls, with black and white art pieces on the wall. There were numerous amounts of fake plants all over the place. Carrie didn't think it could be any more Emily until a black cat came out to the living room.

"Shit! You're not allergic to cats, are you?" Emily asked as she grabbed Sergio before he could go up to Carrie and sniff her. The teenager just set down her bag.

"No. What's his name?" Carrie asked as she walked up to Emily and gently petted the black cat on his head.

"Sergio," Emily said and made kissy noises as she cradled the cat in her arms. Carrie furrowed her eyebrows. "Yeah, don't ask. It's a long story."

"I like it," Carrie said and giggled as Sergio started to lick her hand. The cat fought Emily to get into Carrie's embrace. Emily finally caved and let go of the cat. Sergio happily jumped into Carrie's arms. "Oh, I like you already."

"Come on. Let's go show you around so the two of us can go to sleep," Emily said and grabbed Carrie's bag. The young woman followed Emily up the stairs. They entered the guest bedroom, and Emily turned on the light. It was pretty simple—just a bed and a chest of drawers that Emily had brought from her last apartment. "There's a bathroom in here. But if you want, you can also use the bathroom down the hall. And the two of us are going to the mall tomorrow morning to buy you some more clothes. We can even stop for breakfast if you're starving before we go. Whatever you want to do."

"Thank you, Agent Prentiss," Carrie said and smiled back at Emily.

"Carrie, you can call me Emily. Agent Prentiss is for when I'm at work," Emily said and chuckled. She gently placed her hand on Carrie's shoulder. "I'll be right down here. And if you get hungry, please help yourself to the snacks and everything in the cabinets."

"Thanks, Emily. Goodnight," Carrie said and walked into the room. Emily just nodded her head and walked down the hall. Carrie looked around the room and just sighed heavily. She was exhausted. She just wanted to sleep.

It had maybe been about two hours that Carrie had been asleep before she woke up due to a nightmare. Thankfully, this time she didn't scream or yell when she woke up. Honestly, she wasn't ready to sleep alone. The teenager made her way down the hall with a pillow and blanket in hand. She debated back and forth on entering the room. Carrie was exhausted, and she knew this was the only way sleep would come to her. She gently pushed open the door of Emily's room and tried to see if the woman was awake. Carrie looked back and forth before settling herself on the floor next to Emily. She placed her blanket over her as sleep slowly took over her.

Emily woke up as the sun slowly crept into her room. She stretched as she threw the blanket off of her. She was about to swing her legs over the bed when she noticed something move at her feet. Emily glanced down and saw the teenager sleeping there peacefully with Sergio curled up next to her. Emily's heart swelled.

The raven-haired woman carefully slipped off her bed and made her way down to the kitchen. She grabbed the pancake mix and a bowl. "You got this. You got this."

Carrie had woken up, and the smell of pancakes and bacon and eggs filled the air. She got up and noticed Sergio was protectively lying next to her. It is evident that he was protective of her already. Carrie made her way down the stairs and saw Emily in the kitchen, trying her hardest not to burn anything. She wasn't a good cook. It didn't take a profiler to notice that.

"Hey! Good morning," Emily said and set down a plate of pancakes in front of the island chair. "Did you sleep okay? Why were you on the floor?"

"I, uh, had a nightmare and wanted to sleep. I hope you don't mind. I don't want to overstep—"

"Carrie," Emily said and held up her hand to get the girl to stop rambling. "It's okay. What's not okay is you sleeping on the floor. Next time just get into the bed. It's king-size, so we both have space. Or just wake me up so I can start some coffee or tea if you want to talk. I just want you to be comfortable, and the floor doesn't look comfy."

"But I slept," Carrie said and smiled. Emily rolled her eyes.

"Eat your breakfast. We have on the menu plain pancakes with bacon and scrambled eggs," Emily said and placed a second plate down next to the first one. "So, what stores do you want to go to? We can go to Forever twenty-one? Or Tilly's—or Milly's, whatever that store is called. Or that one with the half-naked people on the posters."

"You mean Hollister?" Carrie asked and chuckled as Emily put her hands up.

"I'm a lot older than you. I had to do some research," Emily said and shook her head.

"You're not that much older. You're like what? Thirty-two?" Carrie asked as she cut into her pancakes.

"Y-Yeah, I'm thirty-two," Emily said and patted herself on the back.

"I'll figure it out eventually," Carrie said and bit into her food. The raven-haired woman squinted her eyes at the teenager.

"You'll never. I'll die before I reveal that secret. To you, I am thirty-two," Emily said and took a bite of her bacon strip. The two had hurried up and finished their breakfast before heading to the mall. It was about two hundred dollars later and nearly six bags of clothes. Emily wasn't having it and grabbed any piece of clothing that Carrie was looking at a little too long. She wanted Carrie to indulge in the shopping spree. Emily was excited to spend all of this money on someone other than herself and Sergio.

The two had stopped for some lemonade and those Auntie Anne's pretzel bites. Carrie sipped on her lemonade when she saw a lesbian couple walk by. She had almost completely forgotten about that interaction she saw on the jet with JJ and Emily.

"Hey, so I have a question," Carrie said and munched on a pretzel.

"Ask away," Emily said and crossed her legs as the two found an empty bench in the mall. Carrie took a deep breath and tried to find the right words.

"Do you like anyone right now?" Carrie asked and watched as Emily tried to calm herself down. "Oh my God, you totally do."

"No, I don't," Emily said and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Can I guess who?" Carrie asked and ate another pretzel. Emily squinted her eyes at the teenager. She caved and nodded her head regardless. "Is it JJ?"

"You sure have an active imagination," Emily said and rolled her eyes. Carrie noticed a tint of red coming up on the woman's cheeks.

"I knew it!" Carrie said as her jaw dropped.

"Okay. Okay. How did you figure it out?" Emily asked and crossed her arms. The younger woman just smiled widely.

"You blushed when she touched your hand yesterday. I saw it on the jet," Carrie said and sipped on her lemonade. Emily rolled her eyes. Stupid emotions. "I think the two of you would be good together."

"No," Emily said and shook her head.

"No?" Carrie asked. She was taken back at Emily for being very dismissive. "What do you mean, no?"

"One, no, because she's straight and happily has a boyfriend that mumbles his words together," Emily said and clenched her jaw. "And secondly, no, because I know you're going to do something. Remember, I was a teenager once. I know how all of you think, and you're not metaling into my friendship with JJ."

"I would never. I'm just saying the two of you would be cute together!" Carrie said and poked her tongue against her cheek. "And JJ is not straight. If she's straight, then I'm blonde."

Emily chuckled as Carrie gestured to her very dark brown hair. The woman pursed her lips. If Carrie was noticing these kinds of things, it should be painfully obvious, right? Possibly.

"Promise me you won't metal in this," Emily said and handed Carrie the last of her pretzels.

"I promise," Carrie said and crossed her legs. Emily nodded her head before patting her leg.

"Come on. Let's hit up the shoe store, and then we can go out to lunch," Emily said and stood up. Carrie followed after her.

Technically, Carrie didn't lie to Emily. She saw her cross her legs, but she didn't know if Emily knew what that meant. She wasn't going to metal necessarily. She was just going to give it a little nudge.

"Can we invite JJ?" Carrie asked and smiled innocently at Emily. The woman looked down at her and chuckled.

"Yeah, right. Good try, though," Emily said and threw out the two cups. Carrie sighed and pursed her lips. "We also have to look at getting you a phone too. I need you updated to the best technology just in case you have to stay by yourself when I'm away at work. I can have Penelope set it all up for you to make sure it won't get hacked or anything like that."

"Am I going to see the BAU? Or like go get a tour or something?" Carrie asked as the two walked into the shoe store. Emily raised an eyebrow.

"Is this interest coming from your heart or just an excuse to go talk to JJ?" Emily asked and glanced over at a very quiet Carrie.

"Both?" Carrie said and smiled innocently at Emily. The raven-haired woman shook her head as she grabbed a pair of boots that had caught her eye.

"What am I going to do with you?" Emily asked and looked over at Carrie.

"Please, Emily! I'll be well behaved, and I won't bring you up to her. I promise," Carrie said and placed her hand on Emily's arm. "Please?"

"Okay! Fine. But the second you do, I'm making you clean up Sergio's litter box," Emily said and pointed her finger at the teenager. She put her hands up in surrender. Emily caved and handed Carrie her phone. The teenager immediately scrolled down to find JJ's contact. She pressed the call button and took a few steps away from Emily.

JJ looked down at her phone while she was busy doing some files. She smiled as she saw Emily's name on the caller ID.

"Hey, Em," JJ said, happy as she placed the phone between her shoulder and ear.

"Hi, it's not Emily. It's Carrie," the teenager said and bit her lip. JJ furrowed her eyebrows.

"Carrie? Is everything alright? Where's Emily?" JJ asked as she started to suddenly become fearful. Emily was a very clumsy person and has ended up in the hospital countless times because of it. JJ feared it was one of those times again.

"She's fine. She's loose in a shoe store at the moment, but she's okay. I actually wanted to see if you were busy. Emily and I were thinking about going to lunch, and we both wanted you to come," Carrie said and smiled over at Emily, who was glancing around at Carrie to make sure she was alright.

"You buying?" JJ asked, jokingly making Carrie chuckle. "Alright, where are we going so I know what to wear."

"I was thinking pizza. But, I'll have to check with Emily," Carrie said and pursed her lips. JJ smiled shyly as she placed down her pen. Whatever she was doing could wait until after lunch with the two of them. "She was persistent on inviting you. But she didn't want to call you herself. Don't tell her I said that."

"Oh?" JJ said and raised her eyebrows.

"Yeah. So I'll probably text you which restaurant then but from Emily's phone," Carrie said and tried very hard to hide her smile. Luckily Emily was down the aisle by now and had two boxes of shoes in her hands already. "I'll see you then!"

Carrie hung up the phone immediately, and JJ just furrowed her eyebrows. Well, that was a little interesting.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

JJ's eyes flickered down to her phone. Will was calling her. She hovered her finger over the green button, but JJ's finger ultimately moved to the red button.

Emily: meet us at Pi Pizzeria? we're almost done here

JJ smiled softly at the text message. She shut her files on her desk and was racing to get ready. JJ made sure to put on that fancy perfume she knows Emily likes. JJ looked at herself in the mirror and posed to make sure the outfit was okay. She was satisfied with it and grabbed her purse before running out of the apartment.

Carrie: "Everything unsaid can be guessed. Truth may not always be confessed." Munia Khan.

we're going to pretend that carrie's parents were killed with the cat ruse like in the episode because i really wanted to write about sergio😭

i'll be updating soon! -salem🤍

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

40K 723 37
Jennifer Jareau is an FBI agent who comes across a certain teacher by the name of Emily Prentiss at the park her team was investigating. Unfortunatel...
17.7K 257 22
When JJ is kidnapped and Emily comes back to help, and unbreakable bond forms. Will they get their happily ever after or will they fall apart? TW: ra...
163K 2.7K 38
Emily Prentiss and Jennifer Jareau have always been just friends, great frends. But one drunken night reveals feelings that they didn't know they had...
31.6K 930 46
Jemily story What does this two friends with beneficts have in common? Is Emily going to get what she wants?