Finding Aurora (sequel)

By torinew1

Make sure to read book one first! Freshmen year is not what Aurora had expected. She wanted the typical high... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Attention

Chapter 10

5.5K 146 30
By torinew1

"Zion I swear to god if you don't help me on this project I'm gonna leave" I had been working on the project on my own for about 20 minutes while he was laying on his bed on his phone.

"And how are you gonna get home doll?" He looked up at me smirking knowing that he was winning this argument.

I shook my head at him and continued working. I felt hands on my shoulders and turned around to look.

"What are you doing?" I asked looking up at him from my seat

"Watching you work on the project" he looked down at me and I didn't break eye contact.

"Well how about we take a break for a bit" I stood up looking away, my cheeks we're definitely red at this point

"And what might that be?" He asked getting closer to me our faces an inch apart.

My heart was beating out of my chest and I couldn't find the words to answer. I could feel the heat radiating off of our bodies.

"I am g-gonna go to the bathroom" I spoke out quietly backing away.

I didn't let him answer and quickly left his bedroom looking for the bathroom but my dumbass had no clue where I was going.

Wondering through the house aimlessly I heard someone say my name.

I turned around and Blake was standing in a doorway wearing grey sweatpants and a white shirt that perfectly showed his abs.

"Oh hey Blake what are you doing here?" I asked walking over to him

"I should be asking you the same question" Blake looked me up and down with curiosity

"Zion and I are working on a project for school" I answered. "Where's the bathroom" I remembered the whole reason I was wondering out here.

Blake chuckled and I felt slightly embarrassed "it's down the hall for door on the left".

"Thanks" i awkwardly walked away heading to the bathroom.

Zions POV

"Bro why did you bring Aurora here?" Blake asked walking into my room

"It's just for a school project" I answered not looking up from my phone. "Yeah sure it is" Blake wasn't believing me but honestly I wish it she was here for another reason.

As Blake was about to make another stupid comment Aurora walked into my bedroom making him shut his mouth

"And that's my cue to leave, cya later Aurora" Blake stared at me before walking out.

"Does he live here or something?" Aurora asked sitting back down at my desk. "Mainly yes" Aurora nodded and started typing on her computer.

"Cmon lets go take a break we have been working very hard on our project" I joked knowing she was gonna be upset.

"I'm sorry did you just say we?"  She spun the chair around looking at me dead in the eyes. She's so damn cute when annoyed

Why the hell am I thinking that?

"Well yes since it's our project" I explained. "More like it's mine since I've done all the work" she shook her head and turned back around to her computer.

I spun her chair back around to face me "wanna go get a milkshake and then I'll take you home?" I offered.

"Sure let me just grab my stuff" she closed her computer and started putting it into her bag.

"Ok I'm gonna head downstairs" I grabbed my sweatshirt and threw it on walking downstairs.

Auroras POV

While I was gathering my stuff I noticed a picture on Zions desk.

It was of two little boys looked to be the same age and they were on a playground smiling and laughing. One of them was definitely Zion I could tell by his brown eyes but I couldn't figure out who the other one was.

Remembering that Zion was waiting for me I flung my backpack on my back and headed downstairs.

"Ready to go?" Asked Zion grabbing his keys

"Yup" I slipped on my shoes and we walked out the front door

~~~

"I'll have a mint chip milkshake" I ordered and stepped aside so Zion could order "I'll have a vanilla milkshake"

We sat down at a booth in a cute diner called shorties that had retro 90s vibes. There was an old couple and a couple other people in there but other than that it was basically empty.

"Out of all the milkshakes you could have picked you chose vanilla?" I questioned making fun of him a bit

"You can never go wrong with a vanilla milkshake" he stated laying his elbows on the table.

"Basic bitch" I said under my breath but I guess it wasn't quiet enough "hey you got mint. Do you know how gross that is?" He accused

"How is mint chip gross? It's literally the best ice cream in the world" I exclaimed

"Whatever" he huffed meanwhile I was happy I won this argument.

Shortly the waiter brought over our milkshakes.

"Bro why does yours have more whipped cream than mine?" Zion complained like a child. "Cause they also agree that mint chip is better" I joked

"That is completely false" he pointed his spoon at me trying to make it look like he was threatening me.

I rolled my eyes and continued sucking down my milkshake while also wondering if I should ask him about the picture.

"What are you thinking about?" Zion asked. "Nothing" I fibbed

"That was definitely a lie cause whenever your thinking long and hard on something you always clench your jaw" Zion stated as I unclenched my jaw.

"That picture on your desk of the two boys who is the second one?" I asked

Zion stopped drinking his milkshake and froze "you don't have to ans-" he cut me off "No it's fine. His name was Lee, he died five years ago"

I put my hand on his and looked at him "I'm so sorry".

He gave me a soft smile "I was best friends with him since I was six, he-he was murdered" my jaw dropped at his words.

I wasn't sure what to say "but hey I'm over it. It was five years ago" he added putting on a fake smile.

"I am very sorry for your loss" I rubbed my thumb on the palm of his hand.

"Cmon lets get you home" Zion pulled his hand away and stood up.

I felt awful for bringing the mood down "I'm sorry for asking" I said as we walked out of the diner.

"It's fine you didn't know"

The ride was silent I focused my gaze on the trees outside admiring nature's beauty.

"Can you park a little down the street" I spoke remembering my brothers think I was with the twins.

"I thought they knew you were with me" Zion narrowed his eyes at me. "Umm..well I said I was at Owen and Evans" I said awkwardly.

"Whatever" he continued driving and parked down the street from my house. "Thanks for the ride and milkshake" I said getting out of his car.

"Yup" he replied and drive off.

How can he be so nice one second and then next thing you know he's a dick?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351K 5.9K 61
Living in a hectic household with 7 males and being the only girl can be stressful. Not only males but over protective brothers. Riley Owens is a typ...
126K 2.8K 71
PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS "BREAKING FREE" Meet Aurora Reed.She's the schools hot new girl.She is strong willed and confident but has a heart made of gold.S...
456K 17.5K 41
❝The world wasn't prepared for two broken souls to wreck havoc.❞ Aurora thrives on her rebellion and destroys e...
1.7M 40K 51
Aspen Anderson has eight over protective brothers. She falls for a bad boy ignoring her brothers warnings after an event that ruined Aspen. She deals...