broken souls of blame | milev...

By rndlie

she took all the blame on her fathers death and he took all the blame on his father's hatred towards his moth... More

introduction
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
epilogue

chapter seven

324 16 15
By rndlie

TESTING HER

"you're serious!?" will exclaims with a wide smile and wide eyes.

"it's about time i listened to hop and embraced my insecurities so i'm not covering my arms in this heat and i'll be wearing the clothes i've always wanted to." she smiles to herself as she fixes her hair in the mirror.

"yes! finally!" he stands up to hug her, "i'm so excited for you!"

"thanks, will." she says softly as she finishes off and grabs her bag, "lets go."

they walk down to the car where joyce was already for them and gets in quickly since they were already running late.

joyce gives them a smile as she starts the car and drives. both will and el quickly put their seatbelts on in a hurry.

joyce has always been a fast driver which sometimes scares the both of them but thankfully, they haven't gotten into any accidents yet.

arriving at the school, they both realise that they're 5 minutes late to first period and quickly stumbles out of the car, giving joyce a quick goodbye and runs into the school hand in hand.

they both had first period together making it better since if they do get in trouble, they would get in trouble together.

"sorry we're late." will says as they both walk in.

"i'll let it pass." the teacher answers tiredly as they both walk to the back.

they both pant as they sit down, giving each other a high five since they didn't get in any trouble just yet.

"people are eyeing me." she whispers.

"let them." he whispers back as she nods.

//

"wow, looks like someone stepped out of their comfort zone." mike remarks as he sits down at the lunch table.

"quit the asshole attitude for a day, will you?" will asks.

"why are you always siding with her?" mike asks, signalling to el as she rolls her eyes.

"because she's my sister?" will let's out a laugh.

"step but sure." mike says.

"step or not, she's still my sister."

"yeah from some orphanage of crazy people i bet." mike mumbles as el stands up, "i can't stay here, you're so annoying."

"oh no, boohoo, el is crying because of some comment i made of some orphanage." mike pouts sarcastically.

she slaps him across the face making a loud smack appear and everyone in the cafeteria turns to them, "fuck you."

he laughs darkly and grabs her wrist before she could leave, "not before i fuck you first."

she furrows her eyebrows but doesn't let her confusion get in the way. she grabs his phone from the table and smashes it onto the ground, giving it a hard stomp as well, "oops."

"jesus, el." will breathes out.

"jesus can't help him." she scoffs, grabbing his not yet touched drink and walks off.

"shows over!" mike shouts as everyone minds their own business again.

"you're lucky she didn't fly you across the room." will mumbles.

"i would love to see her try." mike says as will stands up, "i'm going to find her." he says before walking off.

once he walked out of the cafeteria, he finds el sitting on the ground by a locker sketching as he walks over to go join her.

"hey." he smiles as he leans over her shoulder to see her drawing, "now what is that?"

"void. i can't remember what i saw but i saw something, i'm trying to draw it out since i can't find it in the void again." she sighs quietly.

"sorry about mike. he's an ass." he leans on her shoulder.

"i'm used to it, i just didn't except one of your friends to hate me that much to insult the orphanage i ran to." she mutters.

"he's going through stuff and-"

"don't bother making excuses. i really don't care as long as he doesn't go too far. to be honest, i never knew i had it in me to be so angry." she giggles quietly.

"well i did. i knew you'd blow eventually and you're not all soft." he says.

she rolls her eyes, "i'm not soft."

"yes you are. you're so scared at home all the time for no reason, you practically walk on egg shells around us."

"i'm just scared that i'll do something wrong and you'd kick me out or something. i don't want to overstep or do something that makes you or joyce uncomfortable and i definitely don't want to make it look like i'm taking advantage of you guys after hop died." she explains to him.

"el, we would never kick you out and you're not taking advantage. we are your family legally." he says.

"so? i ruined you guy's happily ever after, i wouldn't blame joyce if she kicked me out." she whispers.

"she would never. you're always like you'll doing something wrong but you won't. i promise you." he holds his pinky out as she hooks it, "thank you."

"how do you like my drawing?" she asks, flipping the pages to her old drawing.

"it's nice." he compliments.

"just nice?"

"no, it's perfect. you're really talented." he smiles as she smiles back, "thank you!"

"wanna go back to the cafeteria? i assure you, mike won't say anything again." he says as she nods, "the floor is hurting my butt anyways."

"alright, let's go then." he helps her up as she continues to sketch.

she leans against him for support as she keeps her head down at her sketchbook and they both head back into the cafeteria.

"mike, if you say a word, i'll chop off your dick." will quickly says as they both sit down. "jeez fine, oh my god is she-"

"SHUT UP!" will shouts as everyone flinches except of el, "will, shush." she murmurs.

"sorry." he mumbles as she gives him a smile. "here's your drink, half finished." she hands mike his drink back.

"ew, your saliva is in it." mike scrunches his face up in disgust.

"sorry?" she says in a questioning tone before focusing back onto her sketchbook.

"what are you drawing?" max asks as dustin looks over at her sketchbook as well.

"dreams and other things." she whispers as she starts to shade.

"oh. then why is it so sad looking?" max asks.

"because i have sad dreams." el answers honestly as she continues to sketch.

mike scoffs quietly, "you're not the only one who has it bad, you know that right?"

"of course i do. i didn't even say anything." she says quietly.

"you said everything."

"what the fuck is wrong with you? i don't get it!? y-you think everything i say is me wanting attention, you think you have it bad and i don't. you think people should praise you. just shut the fuck up because just because people have it worse, doesn't mean i don't matter. if doesn't mean my problems don't matter, it doesn't mean my feelings that you continue to hurt don't matter." she snaps, "who even are you to say i don't have it bad!?"

he stays quiet and stares at her.

"tell me. go on, tell me how good i have it. how bad everyone is when all my life i've been feeling like shit. i'm not saying people don't have it worse because i bet someone does but i have it bad too." her voice cracks.

"how bad do you have it exactly? go on, tell everyone in the cafeteria." he raises his arms, motioning to the people who was watching them.

"burn in hell, michael wheeler." she spat.

"no, go one, tell everyone." he taunts.

"mike, stop." lucas cuts in.

"no, she has it bad, doesnt she?" mike asks.

"fine, i will." she puts her sketchbook down and stands up on her seat, "you want me to tell everyone, i will."

"no, el. stop, get down." wills stands up and tugs on her hand.

she swats his hand away as everyone stops what they're doing and watches her.

"i was kidnapped as a baby, i never had a mother nor a father. the man who kidnapped me used me. he would abuse me, he would hit me if i did something wrong. i was locked up 24/7 so i knew nothing of the real world, i thought the abuse was normal. one day, when i was about 7 or so, he started to touch me weird, again i thought it was normal. till one day, i didn't think it was and then his insults and abuse hurt me and make me hurt myself just like this." she points to her arm and takes a deep breath.

"at the age of ten, i still knew nothing but i knew enough to know that i could kill myself by hanging myself. i hung myself i-in the small room but then he caught me and um, everything turned worse. eventually i ran away somehow and then ran to the woods. i stayed out there for a week until i was found and got picked up into a orphanage where i then got adopted. not even a year later, my adoptive father was killed. the person that has only loved and cared for me died saving me from the man who took me as a child."

"so after that i started to hurt myself more and i even started to stab myself at times though i had no idea why i loved the pain so much. i just knew i deserved the punishment and abuse. i started to starve myself till the point where my hair fell out, my clothes hung off me and i could only lay in bed. it gotten to the point where i wore children's clothes because adult clothes and teen clothes just hung off me. after all that i made the choice to kill myself and leave everyone because i ruined their happily ever after. i tried to kill myself 6 times within 4 months but none of them succeed and eventually i got put into a mental institution."

"i got better and got out but then i dropped back into my old habits again. i draw, i draw on paper and i draw on my skin.... that's when i realised i couldn't be saved and i was a broken soul. so i do have it bad and i'm sure someone else has it worse than me but i've been through a lot yet i'm still standing here, alive and breathing." she wipes her tears, "judge me all you want because i don't care but i do care i-if you- i-if you think i don't matter and what i've been through doesn't." she eyes mike for a second as a small tear trickles down his cheek making him quickly wipe it.

she gets off the chair and turns to will, "i'm going home." she says, barely above a whisper.

he watches her walk out and knows to give her space right now.

once she walks out he stands up and throws a punch towards mike, "why did you do that!? what the fuck is wrong with you!?"

"i was just bluffing! i didn't know she would actually do it or she had it that bad!" mike exclaims, holding his face.

"well she does! why do you have to do that!?" he grabs him by the collar and throws him to the ground.

"will!" dustin shouts.

"shut up!" he kicks mike, "that's my sister! my fucking sister!"

"jesus fuck, i'm sorry! i'm sorry!" he clutches onto his stomach.

"you're not, you're not sorry! she's hurting, but you push her and push her till she breaks! and for what? for what mike!? you know what it's like, why do you have to do it to someone else!?" will yells at him.

"i was just fucking with her."

"well you shouldn't have. you don't know what it's like watching her at home, you don't, mike." will shakes his head and lets go of him before grabbing his bag.

"where are you going?" max asks.

"to find her. i gave her at least a minute to cool down, she can't walk home herself. and anyways, she shouldn't be far." he says as he runs out of the cafeteria.

he takes out his phone to call el, expecting her to pick up no matter what like always but instead it flies to voicemail.

he sighs, walking out of the school and continues to call el.

"yo will!" lucas shouts as he turns around, "what!?"

"mike is going to apologise." max drags mike out as he whines.

"he doesn't look like he wants to." will points out.

"true i don't, but i don't want her death to be on me." mike scoffs quietly.

"well then fuck because i can't find her. she won't answer my calls and that's not el." will says.

"oh great, cliche girl is missing." mike grumbles as max kicks him, "fuck! sorry! we'll find her, jeez!"

"she should be along the path home." will says as he starts to walk off, everyone running after him.

"why are we running?" mike asks.

"because shes a risk to herself and i'm supposed to keep an eye on her. and after that show you guys put on, i can't keep her out of my sight." will says.

"it's not my fault, i never knew she would actually do it."

"you humiliated her, mike!" max cuts in, "you did it on purpose! you knew she would break!"

"whatever." mike whispers quietly. 

"no, not whatever. you hurt her on purpose." she says with a light scoff.

"fine, maybe i did but i least know she ain't no liar."

"why would she be a liar!?" will exclaims, continuing to text el, "who could she get out of lying!? i saw her walk in and out a fucking mental hospital!"

they stay silent as he sighs, "forget it. i just need to find her."

"she won't be far, will." dustin says.

"yeah but she might be in danger." will mumbles, shaking his head.

"ew, who the fuck vomits on the side of the road!?" mikes exclaims and gags.

"just don't look, jeez." lucas rolls his eyes.

"is that her?" dustin points up ahead.

will squints his eyes, "oh shit." he runs over to her.

"did she pass out?" mike asks.

"what does it look like?" will asks, kneeling down and placing el in his arms.

she stirs a bit as he sighs, knowing she was still a bit conscious.

"el? wake up." will shakes her as she moves a bit.

"el?"

she slowly flutters her eyes open and looks around before closing her eyes tiredly again.

"wait, no. don't sleep." will stops her as she whines quietly, "i can't move." she whispers.

"okay. what happened?" he asks.

"i p-puked a-and then i saw brenner in the v-void and i fell." she stutters out as he nods, "where are your meds, did you take them this morning?"

she shakes her head, "too l-lazy."

"can you walk? we don't have a car." he says as she shakes her head again, "can't walk." she chokes out.

"alright then." he picks her up and she lays on his shoulder, "someone grab her bag. we're closer to the school so i'm walking back, does anyone have a car?"

"mike does." max points to him.

he groans quietly, "fine, i'll drive."

"did you throw up?" will asks el quietly as she nods, "it was hurting me."

"okay."

//

"oh you're awake."

"what are you doing in my room? get out." el spat harshly, "when did i fall asleep?"

"on the car ride back." mike answers and hands her a glass of water which she hesitantly takes.

"look i'm sorry, like for real. i didn't know you would actually do it." he apologises as he rubs the back of his head.

"you wanted me to though. you knew you pushed me enough and i would." she whispers, "don't act like you didn't want it to happen because you wanted it to and it did."

"okay fine, maybe i did but that's because i had to make sure." he says, walking towards her as she backs up in the corner of her bed.

"you're scared of me?" he asks, "why wouldn't i be? all you have been do is ruining my life." she murmurs.

"i didn't mean to." he whispers.

"yeah right." she scoffs, "it hurts, mike. you hurt me so much."

"and i'm-"

"sorry? stop saying something that doesn't mean anything when it comes out of your mouth." her voice cracks.

he leans closer to her as she backs up even more, "what are you gonna do? pin me to the wall and shut me up like last time? grab my wrist and make me scared?"

"if it makes you shut up and listen then yes." he raises an eyebrow at her.

"fuck you." she whispers in disgust.

he grabs her wrist and pins her to the bed in one swift movement, "or i could fuck you."

she scoffs, "you're disgusting." she chokes out even though she had no idea what it meant.

but coming from mike wheeler? it had to be disgusting.

"i just had to make sure. make sure you weren't lying." he whispers.

"why? what's it to you?" she asks.

"because everyone used to lie about their trauma to make me feel bad and they were all just lying to hurt me." he tells her honestly.

her eyes soften, "t-that's terrible."

he smiles sadly. even though it was a sad one, she was still happy she could see him smile, "again i'm sorry." his smile drops before letting her go and standing up straighter.

"i'll tell will you're awake." he says, heading to the door as she frowns at his sudden mood change.

"why do you hate me?" she asks before he closes the door.

"i don't hate you, sweetheart." he tells her before closing the door shut.

she sighs quietly, pulling her covers and stuff toys towards her for comfort.

"hey el, i brought you some marshmallows." will opened the door as she smiles slightly, "thank you."

"how are you feeling?" he asks.

"better." she answers as he smiles, "that's good."

"i'm sorry." she whispers.

he shakes his head, "don't apologise, you did nothing wrong."

"okay. is joyce mad?"

"her? she's more worried about you fainting again." he says honestly, "it was from the stress, tell her i'll be fine."

"alright then. want your sketchbook? it's downstairs but i can help you grab it." he tells her.

"i kinda wanna go down anyways." she mutters as he nods.

"ooh yes!" he helps her up as she giggles, eating the marshmallows, "why so excited?"

"sometimes you just wanna cuddle in bed and not go down." he shrugs as she nods, "sometimes i'm just tired."

"i know, but it's boring without you."

"i mean, you could call jonathan."

"you do realise that's not possible anymore, right? he flew to god knows where." he chuckles as she laughs along, "i remember."

"asshole, right?" he laughs as she rolls her eyes playfully, "definitely."

"el, are you better?" max walks up to her as she nods, "i am. thank you."

max hugs her as el gasps quietly at the sudden moment but still hugs back, "hugs?" she asks confusingly.

"i just feel like you need a hug." max shrugs, giving her a smile before walking off.

el looks at will as he gives her a nod and a smile. she smiles widely and walks to the kitchen to find joyce.

"el, you're awake! i'm making pizza tonight, you guy's favourite. the party is welcome to join, of course." joyce smiles sweetly.

"i'm sure they'll stay since it's free food." will chuckles, "is that okay?" he turns to el as she nods, "they're your friends."

"yeah but i'll tell them to leave if they make you uncomfortable." he says.

"us making her uncomfortable? never!" dustin exclaims from behind them as they turn around.

"hi dustin." el waves with a small smile.

he shoots her a smile and grabs some of her marshmallows as she gasps, "those are mine!"

"oh yeah?" he grabs the whole bag and runs off.

"no! dustin!" she chases after him as he runs to the living room and hides behind mike, "bet you won't come near him." dustin challenges.

"bet. will! can i use my powers!?" she shouts.

"once!" he shouts back as she smirks.

"oh god no." mike mumbles.

she giggles, tilting her head to the right as mike lands on the floor with a thud. she then lifts her hand up and grabs the bag of marshmallows out of dustin's hand.

"holy shit." lucas's eyes widen.

she hums, lifting mike up again to where he was sitting and wipes her nose.

"can you work on a softer landing next time?" mike asks, rubbing his back, "well i'm sorry, the people who tested and trained me did not teach me soft landings but to kill. i could work on that on you next time if you like." she shot at him.

he rolls his eyes and doesn't respond at her 'sarcasm' like he wanted.

"did they teach you manners as well?" he finally asks.

"no, i barely knew english." she shrugs it off.

"okay then how did you speak?" he asks.

"i wasn't even allowed to. it's a speak when only spoken to thing. you know like in movies when people get kidnapped? they don't get to speak? considering i was a baby, i didn't have an education therefor i did not speak nor did i learn manners, mr wheeler." she rolls her eyes and walks off.

"does she always talk about trauma that casually?" max asks quietly.

will appears for a quick moment, "yes, it keeps her sane but if you guys tell anyone about her powers i'll chop your dicks off."

"i don't have a dick." max raises her hand up in the air.

"then i'll chop your boobs off." he flashes a sweet smile before disappearing into the halls.

"how sweet." max shrugs.

el then runs back into the living room with her sketchbook and sets herself on the couch next to max.

"how would you feel if i drew you but as a giraffe?" el asks, turning to max.

"horrified." max answers honestly as they both giggle, "okay."

"but i'll let you draw me as me." max says as she smiles instantly, "stay still then."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 720 40
my breaking point came, yet somehow you stayed by me through it all. till it all came crashing down for me to fix my unfixable mess, you were still...
10.7K 472 35
you don't know what you got until it's gone.
12.2K 591 35
they were each other's light to the normal world in the dark road of recovery.
9.5K 427 46
everyone who ever loved me only left or hurt me so please don't do that same.