Hopelessly Devoted ☆ Pierre G...

By uniquexus

The past and the present. Then and now. Hate and love. Or was there never hate and only just love? -- This... More

Author's Note
PROLOGUE
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL
XLI
XLII
XLIII
XLIV
XLV
XLVI
XLVII
XLVIII
IL
L
LI
LII
EPILOGUE
WORD OF THANKS
New book: Her
New book: Charles
Other books

XXXII

9.2K 287 28
By uniquexus

The night slowly approached in England, and multiple conversations were being held between Pierre and Juliette about the past. It was late, and they both accidentally skipped dinner. Juliette threw some bread in the toaster. She lifted Frenky up and held him in his arms.

"Can I ask you two more questions? Then we don't talk about it anymore, yeh?" Pierre asked and walked over to Juliette in the kitchen. She nodded. "Why did you never tried to contact me?"

Juliette gave Frenky a kiss on his small head. "I thought you hated me after I fell out on you." Her voice was soft, fragile. "After you called my dad, he came to France in the middle of the night, and he dragged me out of the house. I forgot my phone, and I never find out that you called," she told him. "And when I bumped into Anthoine in London a few months later, he told me Sara moved away and that you were still angry with me. You got to work with my dad in 2015, and this year again, but I was scared you would still hate me."

His face softened, and he leaned against the kitchen counter. "Jules..."

"I'm so sorry."

Pierre shook his head. "Don't apologise." He ran his hand through his hair and looked down. The chances were big he would do the same in that situation... "And why were you at the barbecue while you don't like your mother?"

A deep sigh rolled over her lips. "I hoped she had changed." Juliette turned away from Pierre. "She is my mother, and it's stupid, but it's true. Yes, she's the one who hit me every day, who pushed me over the limit, who told me I was worthless and the biggest mistake on earth. Yes, because of her, I started to smoke and feel like crap. But I was like, 'What if she changed?'" Tears formed in her eyes again. "I have no idea why I went; I still regret it. But at least it is now clear she didn't change, and I haven't spoken to her ever since."

"Thank you for answering," Pierre politely said. He totally understood Juliette's side; she had a good heart. "Let's eat something and go to bed after that, okay?"

Juliette sniffed and nodded. "Do you remember that day I didn't show up at your race, and the next day I had injuries? I didn't fall on the stairs myself. I was leaving the house until I got stopped by my mother, who found out I smoked. When I tried to run away because she was getting so aggressive, she grabbed me by the ankles and basically let me fall on the stairs," she said, Pierre had the rights to know about this. "I didn't want to go to school because I had to face you and everyone, but I was too scared to stay at home. I didn't know where else to go."

"Jesus Christ, Juliette," Pierre breathed hopelessly. "I...I knew it," he whispered.

There was silence again. "Well, yeah," she mouthed. "Anyway, what do you want? I have Nutella, peanut butter, jam..." Juliette swapped the subject; she was tired of crying and wasn't particularly looking for more tears. She placed Frenky on the ground, so her hands were free.

This was the sign for Pierre to leave it for now. Forcing to talk wasn't ideal. "Nutella, please," he said. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and looked around in the living room. "I will sleep on the sofa tonight."

She turned around and shook her head. "I mean, if you want..." A small smile was plastered on her face; she didn't want to be alone. "Err... It's okay if..."

"I will stay with you," Pierre comfortingly smiled; he got the hint. "Come here," he said and opened his arms. "You're doing well, I'm proud of you," he whispered, there was needed some positivity, and he wrapped his arms around her.

Juliette closed her eyes and swallowed hard. "Merci."

He pressed a kiss on her cheek and softly rubbed her back. "Do you have plans tomorrow?"

"I do have to go to work," she sighed. "Appointment with the team doctor to do some exams to see if I'm stable enough to go to Singapore, and I have to catch up with work. When are you going home?"

"Probably tomorrow evening," Pierre shared. "I have to catch up with work too, and Pyry is coming over on Saturday. I will try to catch the latest flight as possible."

"Yeh." Juliette opened her eyes and looked at the toaster. "I won't make it late. I can probably work from home in the afternoon. I don't want you to sit here alone - if you decide to stay here."

"It's fine, no worries. We will see tomorrow, alright?" Pierre let go of Juliette when the toaster was ready.

Juliette grabbed two plates and the Nutella, making the two sandwiches. "Pierre?"

"Yes."

"You are doing well too," she said to him. Juliette showed a warm smile and gave one plate to him. "You're a go-getter, don't forget that."

The alarm filled the bedroom in the early morning, way too soon and too early for everybody's liking. This, unfortunately, was already the late option, so there was no time to snooze.

Juliette reached out for her alarm and switched it off. The person next to her turned on his side, wrapping his arms around Juliette. A sleepy smile covered her face. "Morning," Pierre whispered and pressed a kiss on Juliette's neck.

"Good morning," she softly replied and closed her eyes again. It was dangerous, but she did it anyway.

"How did you sleep?"

"Too short." Juliette yawned and turned around in Pierre's grip, only to face him. She nuzzled her face in his chest and groaned. "I don't want to get up."

Pierre stroked her back and pressed another kiss on her forehead. They laid in bed for another five minutes, fighting against falling asleep again.

"Alright, I really have to go now," Juliette whispered and yawned again. "Or I might fall back asleep again."

"Hmm-hmm," Pierre hummed and let her go.

"I will see you later today. If you want to go home, just go." The small reading light lightened up.

"I'll see."

Without any hesitation, Juliette gave him a kiss and stepped out of bed. She froze, and she stopped breathing for a good ten seconds. She kissed him like it was a normal thing to do, like they were in a relationship.

Pierre kept looking at Juliette, also confused about what just happened. This was a goodbye kiss, a kiss you would give your partner when they had to go to work or somewhere else. He sat up and reached for Juliette's wrist. His fingers wrapped around the wrist, and he gently pulled her back to him.

Juliette stepped back in bed, locking her eyes with him. She sat on his lap, she couldn't stop herself from looking from his eyes to his lips and back again. Their lips connected. A smile grew immediately on Pierre's lips and wrapped his arms around her waist. An explosion of butterflies found place in both their stomachs. They were both longing for this moment, they both were unsure in what kind of status they were in, but this gave them both the sign they were more than friends - or how people called their relationship status.

"You're getting late," Pierre whispered against her lips.

She pulled back and rested her forehead against his forehead. "I know," she whispered and gave him another kiss. "I will see you later."

"Good luck," he replied and let her go, giving her a last kiss for now. "À plus."

"Merci," Juliette said and got up. "À plus," she said and walked out of the bedroom while grabbing an outfit.

As soon as she closed the bedroom door, a massive smile grew on her face. Her heart was beating fast in her chest, she never experienced this feeling this intense before. Juliette took a deep breath and walked to the bathroom. She looked at herself in the mirror, she was blushing and smiling like an idiot. She changed and did a quick skincare routine, deciding not to do her makeup; she had to go to the team doctor to talk about the current situation, and her psychologist would be there too, so the changes were big the tears would be present.

She made herself a quick and easy breakfast and collected her work gear. Once again, she wasn't prepared for the workday. Juliette found a pair of spare keys and grabbed a piece of paper.

'Good morning! I hoped you slept well :). Please, make yourself at home. There's breakfast, coffee and tea in the kitchen. Here do you have a pair of keys for if you want to go outside. And just call or text me when you have questions. Bonne journée! Xx'

Juliette put it on the handwritten note on the kitchen counter and made sure Frenky got something to eat and drink. She grabbed her coat and bag before she left her place to get to work.

After an intense session with the team doctor, Juliette finally arrived at her department in the building. She faced an almost empty office department, which gave her many questions.

"Good morning," she greeted a few colleagues who were working.

"Morning," one of them replied. "How are you?"

A small smile curved on Juliette's lips, and she hung her coat on the coat rack. "I'm fine, thanks. How about you?"

It was difficult for Juliette to stay stable. Let's say it was an emotional conversation at the team doctor, just like Juliette imagined it to be. Everything became clear; she told everything that was bothering her; from the weekend in Spa, to the reunion with Pierre, to some things that happened in the past. If Juliette was hiding things, it could turn into a downside in the team, which was the last thing Juliette wanted to happen. She couldn't let her team down when they needed her.

"I'm fine. Busy times..."

Juliette gave him a nod and a warm smile before she sat down behind her computer screens. She waited for them to turn on and checked the mail in the meantime. There were so many files, papers and post lying on her desk. Right...we are back. Juliette organised her desk and quickly scanned her email inbox. An unsatisfied look grew on her face, this meant she had to dig through it this morning, and that would take a long time. According to the agenda, Juliette had to participate in a meeting now.

"Alrighty," she breathed and read the notes about the meeting. Juliette grabbed the correct files, her laptop and notebook before she left again. "Good morning," she greeted the people in the meeting. Fortunately, the meeting hadn't started yet.

"Hey," Peter said, sightly surprised. "You're back. How are you doing?"

She sat down next to him and gave him a thankful smile. "I'm fine," she replied. "Do I look good?"

He parted his lips; what kind of question was that, and how was he supposed to answer it? "You look good?" Peter looked questionable at her.

"Good. No puffy eyes or redness?"

"Nope."

Juliette nodded, satisfied. "Thanks. How are you doing? Did you go to the hairdresser?"

"I'm doing fine, thanks. And yes." Peter answered and smiled.

"I like your cut, G," she complimented him.

Peter smirked and shook his head. "Thanks." He cleared his throat and looked severe at Juliette. "How did it go last week?"

"It was beautiful and sad at the same time," she softly replied, pressing her lips into a thin line. "And just to see everybody again, crying. It's just hard to believe Anthoine is really gone now."

He nodded and looked sorry. "I'm sorry, Julie," he said and swallowed hard. "How's Pierre doing?"

Juliette raised her eyebrows; why would he ask that? "Struggling, but fine," she replied. She was glad she and Peter were the only ones in the area now; otherwise, she would be in big trouble now. People were getting some coffee or picking some things up. "Why? How do you know... Never mind."

"Just asking," Peter casually smiled. "Just do all of this Pierre thing under the radar, okay? Outsiders have asked Toto about your relationship, or friendship - whatever you two have, and it isn't all positive."

Her face straightened. "Fuck," she whispered. "Alright, thanks."

Toto entered the meeting area, happy to see Juliette again. "Welcome back, Juliette. I hope you're doing well," he smiled and sat down across from her. "I want to talk to you after this meeting, if is that possible."

"Yes, of course." There wasn't much time to panic about the words Peter just said.

"RJ, good to see you," the head of the power unit greeted Juliette happily. "We all missed you."

The last few people entered the room with coffee or tea. They sat down, gave everyone a cup of coffee or tea and started the meeting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.9K 824 23
𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐟 𝐚 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐣𝐨𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐢𝐝 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦...
251K 6.6K 48
two aggressive drivers. one fight. what could go wrong?
150K 2.4K 60
All the f1 drivers are added to a groupchat. What could go wrong? See all the shenanigans unfold and what happens when the f1 drivers end up spending...
920K 21.5K 53
❝ 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘪𝘳𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘥. ❞ -------------------- Debuting in the F1 world is never easy, e...