๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐–๐ž ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐“๐จ๐ ๐ž...

By Ifebodee__

"๐–๐ž'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐›๐ฎ๐ญ ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ž๐œ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ณ๐ณ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ฉ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ญ๐จ๐ ๐ž๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๐ก๐š๏ฟฝ... More

Author's Note
Characters and Aesthetics ๐Ÿ’–โฃ๏ธ
Prolouge
~ONE~
~TWO~
~THREE~
~FOUR~
~FIVE~
~SIX~
~SEVEN~
~EIGHT~
~NINE~
~TEN~
~ELEVEN~
~TWELVE~
~THIRTEEN~
~FOURTEEN~
~FIFTEEN~
~SIXTEEN~
~EIGHTEEN~
~NINETEEN~
~TWENTY~
~TWENTY-ONE~
~TWENTY-TWO~
~TWENTY-THREE~
~TWENTY-FOUR~
~TWENTY-FIVE~
~TWENTY-SIX~
~TWENTY- SEVEN~
~TWENTY-EIGHT~
~TWENTY-NINE~
~THIRTY~
~THIRTY-ONE~
~THIRTY-TWO~
~THIRTY-THREE~
~THIRTY-FOUR~
~THIRTY-FIVE~
~THIRTY-SIX~
~THIRTY-SEVEN~
~THIRTY-EIGHT~
~THIRTY - NINE~
~FORTY~
~FORTY-ONE~
~FORTY-TWO~
Update!-Not really, hehe.
~FORTY-THREE~
~FORTY-FOUR~
Pretty Important, please read.
~FORTY-FIVE~
~FORTY-SIX~
~FORTY-SEVEN~
~FORTY-EIGHT~
~FORTY-NINE~
~FIFTY~
~ FIFTY-ONE~
Listen up, guys.

~SEVENTEEN~

324 140 122
By Ifebodee__

                            ••••

"Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together...in unity." --Bible (Psalms 133:1)

                             ••••

I've arrived 😎

Go on and read, people!!!!

                       •BOLU•

The school was not the least bit scanty as I walked in through the gates, early in the morning. Junior students still scampered up and down the stairs and round the compound. Senior students hung around in specific areas catching up and laughing and stuff.

It looked like no student was ready to vacate yet. Normally, when exams were over, most students would disappear from the school.

But what I saw today surprised me though. I walked further and got to a gathering around the notice board just at the entrance of the senior block. Didn’t need to stretch so much to see before I knew it was a timetable for a Program?

Post Examination Entertainment Program — PEEP Timetable.

I scanned through the list of activities like various games, Cultural day, Treasure hunt, Film show, talk show, Talent show, Christmas Carol (okay that was normal ‘cause we had it every year) and then my eyes landed on the signature(s) at the bottom. It was Ninu and Goke’s names signed down there. Well, figures…

RBA had never done anything like this before. Ninuola was taking her post as the social prefect real serious though. Good thing was it actually made the school more interesting.

I pulled myself from the gathering as I walked up the stairs to the SSS3 block. Getting there, I found Ayo quietly and calmly walking in the same direction as I was. He had his hands in his pockets and seeing him this morning reminded me that I was still worried about Nina.

She hadn’t called throughout the weekend. I had tried to relax a little and reminded myself that Nina was always fine. It could have probably been bad network coverage that kept her line switched off.

“Hey, Ayo,” I said as I caught up with him.

He turned and was a bit startled that it was me. Okay, Ayo was also one of those I’d never talked to at all in RBA, except the occasional head-nods as greeting.

“Hi,” he replied simply then added, “Good morning.”

I equaled my pace beside him and tugged my backpack. “Morning. Did Nina finally call you or…?” I mentally scolded myself for being so direct and straight with him.

He kinda blushed as he looked down and then up, before answering. “No. You?”

I shook my head. “And I’m kinda getting Wo__”

My statement got cut off when a female voice called both our names.

“Bolu!”

“Ayo!”

We both turned around to see Nina skipping and hopping towards us in her usual way— all smiles and bubbles.

Seconds after, I was engulfed in her hug, inhaling her very familiar strawberry scent. I almost died from how much she squeezed me. Nina no get chills when it came to hugs. I hugged her back too but not tightly. I did miss her after all.

I decided not to tell her to stop knowing she’d only hug me tighter. I allowed her to pull away on her own accord.

“B! I missed you so darn much…” she drawled and when I took one look at her face, all trace of worry erased from my mind.

Her eyes were bright as usual, her signature lip gloss was very prominent on her lips— almost pink and she was smiling and happy. She was her usual self. She was fine. And that was fine.

“I’m sorry I couldn’t call, network was really bad and when network came, power went off for a while and I couldn’t charge my phone until yesterday night, around eleven pm.”

I heaved a relieved sigh mentally.

“And you left me at the party, huh?” I said, feigning anger. “All alone…in the dark.”

“I’m super sorry babe, I just had to leave.” Her eyes turned sad and showed remorse. “I should have probably looked for you first.”

I burst out laughing. “Geez, guy, you take everything so seriously, I was joking jhor.”

“Mtcheeww,” she hissed, hugged me again, then pulled back, holding my hands. “You missed me too na? I know you did, b!” She countered, smiling.

“Pele oh, miss world ni!” I said and she slapped my arm. “Ow…yeah, yeah I missed you too.”

Geez, so much violence.

She smiled more and then finally turned to Ayo, who was standing beside us, quiet, with a smile-blush (‘smush’?) on his face.

Nina dropped my arms and went to him. Wrapped her arms around his neck. His hands easily circled her waist. Okay, so my eyes were about to finally remove from their sockets…no, actually removed completely and then somehow managed to remain when I saw ‘shy’ Ayo Balogun kiss my best friend directly on her lips for a complete one minute.

Did shy people kiss their girlfriends in public and did they do it like…that? 

“Hey, baby.” He said.

“Hey,” she replied and wanted to say more but he stopped her.

“Shhh, you don’t have to apologize for leaving me, I understand.”

Nina nodded and they kept staring at themselves and blushing, making me wonder if they knew I was still standing with them.

I cleared my throat and this time, they heard me because they both turned to look at me.

“Wha-…whe-…what?!” I stuttered.

Wait sef, why am I acting like this?

I knew this. And it probably happened at the party so why was I surprised?

Nina shook her head and said; “I told you you’d be the first to know if I was ever gonna date Ayo, so…”

“So you guys are official?” I asked, just to be sure.

Ayo and Nina nodded simultaneously.
I know any normal person would be like: ‘Awww…’ but in that exact moment, adrenaline suddenly filled my entire being and my hyping spirit turned on like the Avatar’s state.

“Oyaaaaa! My OTP! Power Couple for life! Show them! Give them! Kee them! Slay them! Choke them! Pepper them!” I yelled and hyped, jumping up and down in the corridor of the SS3 block like all those thugs that shout: ‘Twale baba!”

“Shhh, no louding,” Ayo said.

“Forget am, e don loud itself.”

That did not come from me though. Our heads turned to see Ninuola Adams, walking towards us, smiling her ever-confident smile. Fred was beside her, grinning. He still had his gold hair on. Made him look like an RBA rebel.

“Freshest couple, what’s their ship name sef?” Fred inquired and joined my hyping.

“Hmmm… #Niyo, #Aina… #Ninayo! That’s it! #Ninayo should do the trick,” Ninu said.

“Yes, yes, all hail #Ninayo, the power couple of our time!” I yelled, even louder.

“You guys are crazy!” Nina gushed, blushing seriously but still not as much as Ayo, who just kept one arm around her waist and the other, caressing his neck.

“And #Ninayo? Seriously?” She asked, still smiling.

“Yes oh, Ninu is a genius abeg!” Fred said, putting an arm around her.

“Shhh!” Ayo whispered again with his face very red.

“You’re telling us to shush it when we have not even started shouting. Wait till MJ comes and your ears will go deaf with the News of you two,” Ninu stated.

“Affirmative,” I said and just like that, a loud voice erupted from the staircase.

We all looked at each other.

“KATHY MAMA! HOW FAR NA? …I SEE YOU THERE NIGGA!”

“Oh, no…” Ayo groaned and face palmed.

He knew. They knew. I knew. We all knew. It was none other than MJ.

Well, man’s not a bastard.

Ayo became even more flushed.

“Don’t worry baby, we got this!” Nina said to him in assurance.

Drama. We were acting drama. Serious one. I held myself from laughing at the scene and at us so I wouldn’t ruin it.

“Yup, you got it!” Ninuola said, then turned to me. “They got it, right, Bolu?” 

“Affirmative,” I said again.

“Therefore, we meuve!” Fred said, grabbed both our hands and we left Nina and Ayo dramatically, to face the loud mouth.

We speed-walked to our class — SSS3 SCIENCE 1. Stood at the entrance. Looked at each other for a while before loud guffaws erupted from us.

Tears were coming from my eyes as I held my stomach. Ninu kept slapping Fred’s shoulder as she laughed while he in turn, held the door frame for support.

After our fits, we entered the class fully. Some of our classmates who were early and very few, gave us weird looks, which we ignored.

“Why were you guys laughing like that?” Jire, Ninu’s seatmate asked once we got to our seats, with an inquisitive tone.

“Probably ‘cause…we figured out you resemble a frog,” Ninu said with a sarcastic smile and then rolled her eyes.

His face dropped. “And a good morning to you too,” he mumbled.

“Morning boo,” Ninu replied with faux sweetness.

Fred and I snickered as we settled in our seats.

“Geez, Ninu. You still no get chills for this guy?” I said.

“Puh-lease, he’s not worth my chills jare,” She said. I only laughed and shook my head in reply as the bell for assembly was finally rung. 

                     |~ |~ |~ |

PEEP was really, really interesting. The first program today was the talent show and I watched as lots of RBA students came to show and give what they got. Dropping it like it was hot. It was splendid. It actually made me realize a lot of us were really talented.

Plus, I didn’t know Jeremy was this talented. He was a mad drummer. Like seriously, if he were among those competing, he sure would have taken the prize for first place. But to make it fair, they didn’t include us SSS3s in the competition. They only allowed us showcase our talents.

Fred had convinced me to do something but I told him not to bother because the only thing I was really good at apart from English and chemistry, was sports and maybe…eating? If that’s considered a talent. And I played the talking drum a little. But I didn’t want to do anything, I wasn’t even that good. So I just decided to dey my dey.

Nina went ahead to show her amazing juggling and balancing skills. Yep, my best friend was good at juggling. She wasn’t the best singer (don’t tell her I said this, but her voice is horrible) but she could juggle anything, you name it. Ayo would have been probably shocked.

Fred went to show his spectacular cat-walking skills which made everyone laugh and Ninu was amazing with her singing. I swear I did not know she could sing so well. She reminded me a lot of Alessia Cara with a little of Shakira and Demi Lovato when she sang.

And the song she sang, still hummed in my brain and was the one I currently hummed as I sat beside Fred at the back of the school’s event hall. The SSS3s were done with their showcase so we sat back and enjoyed watching our juniors.

Joy was seated with us too and Jeremy had an arm around her and she wasn’t complaining or being aggressive with him. I decided not to ask the obvious question until later. Something had definitely happened at that party — many things had happened.

Nina was with Ayo, at their prefects’ posts, doing their jobs of trying to maintain decorum among all students. They were also flirting with each other as they did. I cooed at their cuteness.

MJ had done his hyping. I’d prefer not to go into deep details for our safety but think shouting plus hyping plus more and more shouting equals…whatever answer you get, you grab? Good. That was MJ did when he heard about #Ninayo.

Currently, some JSS2 boys were performing stunts, keeping the whole place hyped and fired up as the crowd of students was shouting and yelling on top of their voices and sadly, so was Fred. He’d almost burst my ear drums. I’d done my own hyping and I was already tired so the only thing I did was clap a little and then cross my arms again.

I felt my stomach rumble, reminding me that I was hungry. I looked around. All my friends were busy with one thing or the other and I needed someone to come with me to the tuck shop. Fred was not but as soon as I opted to ask him, MJ came and dragged him away to God knows where.

“Hey, Joy,” I called. She turned to look at me. “I’m going to the tuck shop…”

“Want me to come along?”  She made to stand up. I sat her down.

“Nah, no need. I’m good. Enjoy yourself, both of you.” I smirked and wiggled my brows at both of them. Joy blushed. Jeremy wiggled his brows and smirked back.

I excused myself from the hall and breathed in the fresh air.

What a relief.

I kept humming the song as I walked through the corridor. My phone dinged. I looked at it to see it was a message from Nina asking where I was going because she saw me leave the hall. I replied and called her stalker before I told her where I was going.

“Waji!”

That voice belonged to only one person and you know only one person called me that annoying name. I didn’t turn as he'd probably expected me to.

“Hey, mama!” He called again. Still didn’t reply him.

I heard him quicken his pace and then few seconds after, his arm was around me. I looked up at him. He looked back at me and wiggled his brows. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“I’m a spec. I made you laugh without actually saying anything. Am I not a spec?”

Peeele! speculation ni,” I said and shrugged his arm off my shoulders.
He chuckled.

That deep kind that’d make you look back and be like; ‘please, can I have your chuckle forever?’

And that would sound really dumb… but it is what is.

“What are you doing here, head boy? Aren’t you meant to be controlling and stuff?” I asked him as we walked down the stairs.

He’d been at his post with Chidera, Fawaz and Josh — both of whom weren’t prefects— supposedly taking control but actually laughing and gisting. We hadn’t really spoken today because nobody stayed put in class throughout.

After assembly, we all kinda just moved to the hall. And besides, prefects had to do their duties. But I did notice he was really extra lively, laughing and gisting with everyone he came across and I found that…weird?

Was that the word?

Not exactly but I take it that you guys will grab.

“Well mama, my girlfriend got hungry so I decided to be a good boyfriend and get her something to eat,” he replied casually, still smirking.

“Cheesy idiot.”

“And a spec too.”

I shook my head and laughed. “For your mind.”

He smirked wider. “What about you…oh, let me guess, food finished in your stomach abi? Olounje oshi.”

“Puh-lease, a girl’s gotta eat when she’s gotta eat. I’m too young to die, abeg.”

“Na so.”

“Yup.”

We finally got to the tuck shop. The woman there was always nasty. For no reason, she glowered anytime students came to the shop as if we were interrupting her free time, like it wasn’t her job to sell stuff at the tuck shop. She wasn’t even nice to Nina who was always so sweet.

There was a day I even tried to use my hyping skills on her but she nearly cursed my unborn generation so I just stood there and learned from that day, not to cross the line, whatever and wherever the line was.

But it was like today was a good day because when she saw Ore and I, she smiled. No, like for real, for real! My mouth hung agape mentally. What happened?

“Good afternoon ma,” Ore said.

Oh.

My mouth closed mentally.

Figures… I had Ore Jumai with me that was why. Nawa oh. He could even charm old women.

Such power!

“Ma, I like your hair and your cloth oh, it fits you very well,” Ore was saying.

“Thank you my son, my husband got it for me,” She said.

I swear, mummy was blushing so much. My stifled laughter almost exploded.

Anyway, after he flirted, we got what we came here for. I took out my money to pay but Ore stole my money from me, paid and dragged me away from the shop so fast before I could say anything.

“Guy, why did you do that?” I said when he’d successfully dragged me away and close to the entrance of the staircase.

“What can I say except, you’re welcome?” He sang and handed me back my money.

I shook my head. “Seriously?”

“Yes.”

“Thank you though, but…why?”

“I’m doing give away,” he replied and  winked at me.

"Boo! There you are!"

We both looked up and saw Chidera. She smiled at me. "Hey Bolu!"

I waved at her.

"Later mama," Ore said again before climbing up the stairs ahead of me.

I shook my head and smiled before climbing after him. 

Yooooo! My niggaz!

Wetin dey???

Happy Sunday (like I always say...XD)

So...how did you see this chapter?

Turns out Nina was really fine(or not) and Ore is trying to Maximize his time (or...?)

And MJ???😂😂😂😂

My guy just kept cracking me up.

So,

Vote. Comment. Share.

Random question: What other talents do you have?

PS: If you haven't followed my IG page, please do @ i.f.e_b.writes

😎😎😎😁

Lots of love❤️❤️❤️

~Ife😎

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 55.1K 122
After a long anticipated party hosted by one of the most popular boys in school, a rumour goes round the entire school and gets the names of the two...
45.3K 10.6K 37
A NIGERIAN THEMED NOVEL "You have got your tities out and panties in a twist but your crush doesn't still notice you." Ore is a sixteen-year-old unde...
77.9K 23.3K 70
(BOOK THREE) Then the saga continues. Known to be the best elite school in Nigeria. To others, it's heaven prepared and made for students. A spoken...