broken souls of blame | milev...

By rndlie

she took all the blame on her fathers death and he took all the blame on his father's hatred towards his moth... More

introduction
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter twelve
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty-one
chapter twenty-two
chapter twenty-three
chapter twenty-four
chapter twenty-five
chapter twenty-six
chapter twenty-seven
epilogue

chapter five

330 17 21
By rndlie

CLICHE GIRL

"so change of plans." will says as el comes out of her room. "what? are we moving again? is joyce dying-"

"what? no! i was going to say the party is coming over instead. we're not going to max's house." he says with a light chuckle.

"what!? what time? i need to change back to my clothes then." she says.

"your clothes are fine." he says, "i'm in a tank top! couldn't you have told me earlier!?"

"well then just throw on a shirt- oh they're here." he says, running down the stairs as she runs into her room.

"stop hiding!" he shouts as she slams the door shut.

she walks over to her closet and looks through it to find her clothes not there. she runs out and opens her door, "will! where are my clothes!?"

"i threw your old ones away since we bought you new and better ones! thank me later!" he shouts up the stairs.

"you asshole! you know i just bought them because you guys made me! give me back my blouses!" she groans loudly.

"wear what we bought you!" he shouts, "and don't you think about wearing that sweaty sweatshirt you have!"

"YOU ARE SO ANNOYING!" she slams the door loudly before walking back to her closet and opens the bags of clothes she barely touched.

looking through it, she sees the clothes she has always wanted to wear but was always too scared too.

she pulls out a crop top that had a bunny design printed on it and then pulls out a mini skirt to go with it.

letting out a small sigh, she quickly changes into it and then walks to her mirror. she stares at her scars that were scattered all over her left arm and a few on her left.

they're gonna find out anyways.

she lets her hair down and the grabs her phone before walking out of her room.

"see, you look so much better." will smiles as she shoves him lightly, "i very much hate you. this skirt is so short." she pulls the skirt down.

"at least you're not covering you arms like always." he says as she rolls her eyes, "they're gonna find out anyways so they can judge me all they want." she walks to the kitchen.

"ooh! cookies!" she smiles widely, seeing joyce place down a plate of cookies.

"yes chocolate chip." joyce says as el takes one and takes a bite, "delicious!"

"take another if you like." joyce says as she nods, "i'll be in my room then. i might go to the park later if that's alright."

"doesn't will want you to meet his friends properly?" joyce asks.

"he threw my clothes away, i won't stay here looking like this." she scoffs quietly, "imma go, love you." she smiles, turning around and skips out of the kitchen.

"el!" will grabs her arm and drags her into the living room, "ow! let go!" she whines.

"you promised you'd hang." he says.

"and you there my clothes away." she narrows her eyes at him.

"but you look good." he says, "come on, say hi." he points to the party.

"hi." she says before turning around.

"10 minutes. that's it. i'll get you more clothes." he says as she rolls her eyes, "fine." she sits down on the couch next to dustin.

"ooh, cookies!" dustin grabs her cookie as she whimpers, "that was mine."

"sorry." he smiles, "cool scars." he points to her scars.

"oh uh, thanks." she mumbles.

"they're self harm scars, you idiot." mike says as el looks away uncomfortably.

"so? they're cool." dustin says.

mike scoffs quietly.

"shut up, mike." will says.

"you know what, i'm going to the park." el stands up and walks out of the living room, "el!" will shouts after her as she gives him a wave.

"why are you such an ass?" he turns to mike.

"again i was saying the truth?"

"to make her uncomfortable on purpose?" max asks, "we can't keep defending you."

"then don't, max." mike says.

"why do you hate her so much? the hell is wrong with you?" will asks, "hey, i don't hate her. not everything is unicorns and rainbows."

"well she thinks you hate her and i can sense it too."will says.

"fine, i'll apologise again. is that what you want?" mike stands up.

"yes! and apologise properly." will says, crossing his arms.

"fine, i'm going." he walks out of the living room and upstairs.

"apologise." he mumbles mockingly as he reached her room.

he opens her door without knocking on it and then walks it.

she flinches, "knock."

"it's not like you're changing." he shrugs, shutting the door.

"what do you want? it's not like you'll have anything nice to say." she whispers, searching for her sketchbook and pencil.

"here to apologise..... again." he mutters, "last time didn't turn out well."

"you yelled at me." she turns around to face him, "who were you to yell at me?"

"sorry for yelling?"

"see, you can't even apologise!" she walks towards him, "you basically yelled at me f-for hating myself, for slaughtering my own skin. what did i ever do to you!?" she shoves his chest but he barely moves.

"nothing, you did nothing." he answers her. 

"then why do you hate me so much!? because i'm now your best friends sister? or because i-i'm in the way of god knows what?"

"can you just shut up and listen to me!?" he shouts, grabbing her wrists as she flinches.

"let go of me." she squirms in his touch as he turns her around and pins her against the wall.

she gasps as he grumbles something, "can you just listen?"

"you have me against a wall." she whispers.

"it's the only way to get you to shut up." he says quietly and scans her body up and down.

"stop looking at me." she turns her head.

"if i don't, how would i apologise?" he breathes out, moving closer to her.

"you don't even know how to apologise, don't bother." she whispers sternly.

"and how would you know?"

"because you're always angry. especially when things don't go your way."

"wow, seems like you know quite a lot." he grins as she rolls her eyes, "get out."

"if you say so." he moves away from her and let's go of her wrists.

she hugs her torso quickly and walks to the other side of the room to continue to search for her sketchbook.

"you shouldn't bend over like that." he says, crossing his arms with a smug smile.

she turns around quickly and stands up straighter, "get out before i blow your head out."

"i'll love to see you try." he opens the door with a laugh, "till next time, el."

//

"what about mac and cheese?" will asks, "too fat." el answers.

"isn't that the whole point? to get you fat?" he asks.

"you couldn't even if you wanted to. i'm going with a salad." she says with a shrug.

"no you're not. mom said you have to have food with enough nutrition." he grabs her arm before she walks away, "just for a day. i want a break, let me eat a salad, please."

"only if you get chicken nuggets as well and you have to get the salmon and chicken salad." he says.

"fine but you're paying." she crosses her arms.

"deal." he nods, walking to the cashier.

"one salmon, chicken salad along with chicken nuggets. then a mac and cheese but can you add more cheese to it?" he asks.

"this is the school cafeteria, not a restaurant. that'll be $39.99." the lunch lady says.

"right sorry. here." he hands her the money, "grab it from the front." she says as he grabs the ticket and walks away.

"yeah will, this isn't a restaurant." el giggles quietly as they walk to the front.

he grabs their food and hands el her salad, "lunch ladies are so rude and for what?" he asks with a eye roll.

she giggles again, "obviously they hate you."

"yeah. where are you eating today?" he asks as she shrugs, "library probably."

"or you could eat with me." he suggests.

"i don't know, will." she tugs on the ends of her sleeves.

"i shouldn't have bought you that skirt, people are eyeing you." he mutters, "at least you know." she rolls her eyes.

"then you should eat with me. you know so people don't try anything with you."

"wow, so protective of you." she says sarcastically. "el, come on." he begs her.

"ugh fine, just for today and because you put me in a skirt that reaches below my butt." she sighs quietly as he smiles and drags her to his table.

"el's eating with us today." he says to the party as they smile with a nod.

"hi." el says quietly and sits down in between max and will.

"where's mike?" will asks.

"probably hooking up with some girl in the janitors closet." lucas says with a laugh.

"hooking up?" el asks in confusion, "what does that mean?" she turns to will.

"nothing you need to know." he says.

"you don't know what hooking up means?" lucas asks as she shakes her head slowly, "should i?"

"no, you definitely should not." will says.

"oh. okay then." she mumbles, eating her food.

he nods as she puts down her fork, "is it bad? like killing bad?" she asks, turning to him.

"el."

"but i wanna know! is it illegal?" she continues to ask out of curiosity.

"el, i will not tell you."

"but will." she whines with a pout, "is it drugs?" she whisper shouts.

"it's sex." max cuts in.

"what's a sex?" she asks.

"you don't know what sex is?" dustin asks.

"will, what is sex?" she turns to him.

"ask mom, i'm not telling you that." he quickly mumbles.

"is it bad? i don't want to know if it's bad." she turns to her food.

"good." he nods.

"and look who it is." max says as they look up to the entrance.

there walked in mike with smudged lipstick on the side of his lips and messy hair along with a blonde with a messy shirt and hair.

"hey guys." mike smirks as he sits down at their table.

"you have sex hair." max points out.

"oh, oops." he laughs, fixing his hair. "why is she here?" he points to el.

"because she's my sister." will answers.

"fine whatever." he mumbles, "are you seriously eating a salad? you really are every other cliche girl."

el fumes, giving him a glare as will places his hand on hers, "no powers." he whispers in her ear as she groans, stabbing her food.

"i'm not every cliche girl. maybe we should talk about how you're every cliche bad boy, huh? bad attitude, bipolar as fuck, thinks everyone has something against you, always hating everyone? specifically hating the new girl because she's nothing like the girls running after you." she spat harshly.

"you know nothing about me." he glares at her.

"and how would you know?" she hums.

"because you're-"

"every other cliche girl?" she finishes his sentence, "oh please, you've said that countless of times. it's getting annoying at this point, think of another insult and then get back to me."

"and all this time i thought you were this mute girl that got picked up in an chicago orphanage." he raises his eyebrows.

"you know what, fuck you." she stands up and grabs max's drink, "drink this." she pours it onto his head and smiles sweetly, "i hope you have a lovely day." she grabs her bag and walks off.

the party gasps quietly as mike fumes, "you so deserved that." lucas laughs.

"now i'm covered in smoothie." mike wipes his face.

"if you didn't call her a cliche girl, you wouldn't be covered in smoothie." max says, "and what's with you hating her so much?"

"for fucks sake, i don't hate her. i'm going to go get some clothes from my locker." he stands up and walks out of the cafeteria.

he walks to his locker and grabs a new sweatshirt since the smoothie didn't get on his pants. taking his shirt off, he uses it to wipe his face and hair as well and then puts the sweatshirt on.

he puts the dirty shirt into his locker and fixes his hair before he slams the locker shut.

turning his head, he sees el from afar with a.... guy? he squints his eyes and sees her against a locker with the guy trapping her against it.

he sighs, walking towards them, "hey you! what do you think you're doing!?" he shouts.

el quickly moves away once the guys attention shifts to mike.

"nothing. just talking with my new friend." he grins.

"then what's her name?" mike asks.

"uh... haley?" he says in a questioning tone.

el rolls her eyes and pulls down her skirt as a instinct, "yeah no, and i'm sure she didn't appreciated it when you had your hands all over her." mike smirks.

"she liked it." he smirks, staring at her lower body.

mike throws a punch at his face as he falls to the ground, "she clearly did not. now get out of here."

he groans, holding his face as he quickly runs away.

"you alright?" mike turns to el. "i can fight my own battles." she says as she hugs her torso.

"clearly, you can't." he says with an eye roll.

"and how would you know? have you seen me?" she asks with a raised eyebrow.

"no but look at you in that short ass skirt." he says, "you'll be killed in an instant."

"so how i dress will affect how i fight?" she asks.

"yes because men is a disgusting species."

"and you're a great example." she smirks.

he rolls his eyes, "aren't you a cocky one?"

"i have met you for a week exactly and god, i hate you more than anyone else i have met." she walks past him as he grabs her forearm. "i don't exactly like you too, sweetheart."

"don't call me sweetheart."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.4K 1.1K 31
El Hopper. Not many people knew her name until she and her stepfather moved to a new town to be with their new family. As people started to get to k...
21.1K 897 60
'' 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒖𝒓𝒈𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒚 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒕-𝒔𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒔𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒏𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 �...
14.8K 720 40
my breaking point came, yet somehow you stayed by me through it all. till it all came crashing down for me to fix my unfixable mess, you were still...
15.9K 490 30
i never thought of telling people my secret, but somehow i did and it wasn't the end of the world because he told me it was okay. he was my first.