My Three Mates

By smilemore954

Louis and the Styles triplets live different lives, Louis is just a small, innocent freshman but when three b... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
Epilogue

11

10.6K 233 55
By smilemore954

Harry's POV:

"Oh my god." Edward and I say in sync.

Realization washes over me like a thousand-foot wave, Louis doesn't have parents that are around. He's not been neglected, he has been totally left alone.

"Edward his parents are gone." I say in disbelief.

We sit down on the couch, trying to take everything in. I run my hands through my hair as I start to stress out of empathy for my Lou. He has had to be alone for the past year, he has had no one protecting or loving him. He's been overworking himself and not taking care of himself. He hasn't been feeding himself or living in a safe environment. I look over at Edward who has his elbows on his knees and his head in his hands. He seems to be deep in thought about Louis.

"What are we going to do?" Edward asks in a spacey and shocked.

"We need to tell Marcel." I say.

I grab Edwards's phone from his hand and exit the sad article page that is open on it and dial in Marcel's phone number. After three or so rings Marcel's voice fills my ears.

"Her Edward." He says.

"It's Harry but hey. Is Louis around you?" I ask him.

"Yeah he is sitting next to me on the couch he woke up a few minutes ago, why?" Marcel says.

I put the phone on speaker so Edward can hear everything Marcel and me are saying.

"Okay, I need you to go into a different room for a second and make sure Louis doesn't hear us talking." I say to him.

"What why?" He asks us.

He's clearly confused but I guess I can't blame him, we don't like leaving our mate alone and now I am asking him to leave him alone for a few minutes. Right now we aren't sure how we are going to go upon telling Louis that we know, but we can't have him hearing us talk about it now. Of course, now that we know that he is living alone here, we are for sure getting him to move in with us no matter what it takes but I don't him knowing we know yet.

"Just do it Marcel trust us. It's important." Edward says from beside me.

"Okay okay fine give me a second don't hang up." Marcel says.

I can hear that he pulls the phone away from his head and quietly say 'I'll be right back baby hold on' to Louis before he walks out of the room and into another one where hopefully no one else can hear us.

"Alright, I'm in the other room, what's so important?" Marcel asks frustrated as to why he had to leave Lou.

"They're dead Marcel." Edward blurts out.

Jeez way to ease into it.

"What? Who's dead?" Marcel asks now sounding concerned with the idea of someone being dead.

"Louis's parents, we went to the school and they said they haven't seen his parents in a year so we went to his house to see if we could find anything about them but we found nothing that showed that anyone lives here with him. Then we decided to google them and we found out that they passed away in a car crash last year and Louis was the only one in the car that survived the accident. He's been all alone Marcel." I say upset.

I hear a loud gasp come from Marcel.

"That's not a funny joke Harry." Marcel scold me.

"I assure you we aren't joking Marcel. They are gone." Edward says.

"Guys I'm serious don't joke about that." Marcel says slowly.

"We are serious too." I say to him.

"No way. That can't be true, it has to be someone else." He rambles out quickly.

"It was them, there were photos and everything." Edward says now starting to get a little frustrated.

"Oh my god." Marcel whispers out to himself.

"What are we going to do?" I ask them.

"Well he sure as hell isn't going back to the house where he is all alone. We need to get him moved in. Now." Marcel says.

"Marcel you can't tell him we know yet." I say.

"What? Why?" He asks.

"I don't think we wants us to know, or else he would have told us." Edward says.

"Okay, whatever I won't tell him right now but once you guys get home we are telling him we know." Marcel says sternly.

-

Louis POV:

Marcel smiles at me as he walks back into the living room after going into the bedroom to talk to Harry and Edward. Coming back he seems to be a little bit sadder than when he left. I wonder if they gave him some bad news or something. I don't want him to be sad.

"Are you okay Marcy?" I ask him quietly.

Marcel doesn't respond he just sits on the couch and pulls me into his lap so I am straddling him. He puts his arms around my waist tightly and pulls me close. He places his head in the crook of my neck and softly pushes my head into his.

I put my arms around him and hold him close. Soon I hear a few sniffles coming from him. This worries me greatly because the triplets aren't necessarily known for crying and of course I want him to always show his emotions but something must really be wrong for him to be crying.

"Marcy, what's wrong? What happened?" I ask him sadly.

He pulls his head out of my neck and I do the same, his eyes look a little red from crying and there are a few tears down his cheeks. I use my thumbs to try to wipe off the tears like he does every time I cry.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asks sounding broken.

Oh no. Did I make him this upset? I'm not sure what I didn't tell him but I'm now feeling extremely guilty for making Marcy cry.

"What didn't I tell you alpha? I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you." I say now concerned about how sad Marcy is.

He doesn't get the chance to respond before the front door opens and Edward and Harry walkthrough. They walk over to us also seemingly sad, the room is just full of melancholy.

"I don't know what I did but I made Marcy upset." I say to them in a sad toned voice.

I don't know what I did to make them all so sad but I feel terrible.

Once Harry and Edward hear what I say they walk over to me and try to take me out of Marcel's lap but he just holds me tighter. They don't argue, they just surround me and Marcel and hug me from the sides.

"It's not your fault baby." Harry says cuddling me closer.

"Then what happened?" I ask them.

"We know darling." Edward says, confusing me.

What do they know?

"Huh?" I say confused.

"We know about your parents baby. We are so sorry." Marcel says empathetically.

I gasp at his words and I jump out of his lap. How did they find out? They are going to send me away! I fall off the couch as I try to get away from them. I try to run as I can but because of my broken ankle its more or a limp hop. I lock myself in the nearest room I can find, which seems to be some guest bedroom.

How could I let them find out? I have kept the secret from everyone for the past year and now they just find out. My life is over, I am going to be sent into foster care. I'm never going to see the triplets or Niall even again.

I hear the triplets running toward the room after me and they soon are knocking on the door.

"Please let us in baby." Harry's voice rings through my ears.

My breathing starts to speed up at the thought of being sent away. Why does this keep happening? I struggle to breathe but it just worsens when I start coughing because of my pneumonia. I move over to a corner in the room and I sit down and crunch my legs up to my chest.

My breathing still stays quickened even in my usually comforting position.

"Darling please breathe for me. Just try and stay calm I understand all of this is stressful but we will work everything out." Edward says sounding like he is breaking.

Hearing his voice actually makes me feel a little bit better but I can't let them in here because then they will send me away once they know I'm just some loser orphan that no one wants.

"Lou baby can you let us in please, we can help you. I didn't mean to upset you darling I'm sorry but just let us in" Marcel says while knocking on the door.

I consider letting them in just so I can feel all warm and safe like they always make me feel but I can't so I just stay where I am and try to calm myself down but I can't for some reason, it's like something in my body is telling me that I need the triplets. I need them to hold me, talk to me, love me. I just need them.

The banging on the door gets louder and louder, so loud that I lift my head out of my knees, and then I see the triplets knock-on on the door breaks and opens. I gasp at the loud noise of the door breaking but then I feel myself being wrapped up in three pairs of big arms.

The second my body is in their grasp I start crying. I push my head into one of their chests and just sob and struggle to breathe but already start to feel better just from their simple touch.

"Deep breaths princess deep breaths. Everything will be alright, we are here." Harry says snuggling me close.

"B-but y-you're going to g-get rid of m-me." I sob out.

"Huh? What do you mean? We aren't getting rid of you." Edward says seeming worried and confused as to what I am talking about.

"Y-you are s-sending me t-to foster care." I say still struggling to breathe well.

"Wait is that why you didn't tell us? You thought we would send you away?" Marcel asks and I nod.

I hear little 'ohh' of realization come from the triplets.

"Baby boy we aren't going to send you anywhere away from us ever." Harry says firmly.

Wait they aren't?

"W-why not?" I ask them.

"We want you to move in with us." Edward says out of the blue.

Move-in with them? I can't do that, I already have a home and if I live here it will take more than double the time to walk to work and school. Their house also is a lot bigger then mine so I don't know if I will be able to pay my part in rent, I barley can pay mine now.

"I c-can't." I say and I start coughing again.

Edward takes control and pulls me away from Marcel and Harry. He sits me on his lap and pats my back trying to get my coughs to subside. He then tells Harry to come and help me. Harry comes over and we do the breathing exercises we always do when I get these stupid things. After about thirty minutes of cuddling, coughing and tears everything is calm. We are laying on the bed in the same guest room quietly.

"Why can't you move in with us baby?" Marcel asks me, breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry Marcy but I don't think I can afford to live here and the walk to work and school will be much further and I already have a nice house." I tell him honestly.

"Afford it? Darling, you wouldn't be paying rent, we would never let that happen. Also, you can quit your job, we will pay for everything and anything you need and we will drive you to school. There problem solved, now you can move in." Edward says making me giggle a little.

"First off I can't just let you guys pay for everything of mine, I'm not just a charity case. I need to not be dependent on anyone." I tell them.

"Lou darling first off we wouldn't let you pay rent and second of all you're not a charity case, we want to take care of you." Harry says.

I can't be dependent on them, what about when they decide they don't want me anymore, then what happens?

"I can't." I whisper out while looking down.

"Yes, you can baby." Marcel says.

"We need you Lou." Harry says.

"Please sweetheart, we will take care of you and make sure you are protected and loved, you just have to let us." Edward says.

Yes, I want them, I want to live with them and just be with them but I don't know if I can.

"What if we just kinda try it? You move in with us and if it turns out that you don't want to be with us, then we will buy you a house and make sure you are taken care of even if it's not by us. Just give it a chance darling." Harry says while using his large hands to run his fingers through my hair.

"I will do it on two conditions." I say strictly.

"Okay, what are the conditions baby?" Marcel asks

"Number one, you let me keep my house until I fully move in here so if it doesn't work you don't have to buy me a house and number two I keep my job, even if I move in fully." I say.

"Can I make one small adjustment?" Harry asks and I nod.

"Depends on what it is but yes." I say.

"You can keep your house but you let us pay for it." Harry says

"No way!" I say quickly.

I am not going to let them pay for the apartment, that gets rid of the entire purpose of having the apartment.

"It will still be yours, just you won't pay for it." Edward says grinning.

"Why would you ever want to do that?" I ask them.

"Well first off we don't want you to have to work so hard just so you can pay your rent and paying for your rent really isn't much for us so if you want to keep your place, we will pay for it." Marcel says.

This is all a lot.

"I don't want you guys paying for my house." I tell them.

"It's you let us pay for it or it's no house, we don't want you to have to work so hard when we could easily help you." Edward says.

I don't them to have to pay for my home, that's my responsibility but maybe I can move in with them.

"I will move in with you." I tell them.

"And you will let us pay for your other house?" Marcel asks.

"No, because I won't need it anymore." I say and I can feel them smile.

"You are going to move in fully?" Harry asks with a big dimpliy smile.

"Yes I will." I say giggle once they start cheering like crazy.

"But I am going to keep my job for now and just for tonight I want to stay at my house alone just to say goodbye. I have spent almost a year of my life there and even if it wasn't a good one, I still have memories there and I want to say goodbye." I say.

"Alone?" Edward asks, no longer cheering.

"Yes just for tonight though. I promise I will be back tomorrow." I say calmly.

"But what if something happens and we arent there to protect you?" Edward asks now seeming worried.

"Nothing has happened before and if something does I can call you." I tell them reasuringly.

I can tell they are all biting their tongues on this because it is in their alpha nature to want to always protect me but I think they are willing to let me go alone for one night if it means I will move in with them. I mean I have lived there for a year and nothing terrible has happened before. Truthfully I'm a little nervous about moving in with the triplets, I'm not always great with trusting people so its a lot for me to agree to this but I know they will take care of me, at least I hope they will.

"Okay fine but just tonight and you have to call us if anything happens and I mean anything." Marcel says reluctantly.

"When do you want us to take you my darling?" Harry asks.

"We can just go later tonight or something, whenever you guys can or I can walk there if you don't want to drive me." I tell them.

"Nope we are driving you." Edward says and I just nod.

-

A few hours later we are in the car on the way to my house and its around 10:30. The triplets said they wanted as much time with me before I went to sleep as possible and that they are going to pick me up and take me back to their place the second I wake up. They said they don't want me to really ever be alone and now because I'm sick they want it even less so apparently this is a one time typa thing.

Once we pull up to my house, we all get out of the car and the triplets hand me my crutches so I can walk up to the door on my own. We walk up my driveway, I open my front door and we all walk in.

"You need to call us if anything happens or if you just want to come back to our house. Call at any point and we will answer, no matter what." Edward says looking me in the eye.

"Okay Eddie I promise I will." I say while laughing even though they all stay looking very serious.

"Make sure you just go straight to bed, I don't want you putting too much of a strain on your ankle and you need rest to get better." Marcel says and I nod.

"Also call us when you get up so we can come and bring you home." Harry says.

Home. After tonight this place will no longer be my home.

"Yes yes I will. Now I'm going to sleep." I tell them.

"Do you want me to carry you upstairs?" Edward asks.

"No it's alright, I'm going to have to learn to use these crutches somehow." I say.

"No you don't I can just carry you everywhere." Edward says making me laugh and hit him gently.

"No Eddie I need to learn or else it won't heal. Now goodnight." I say.

I move closer to Edward and have him duck down so I can kiss his check. I do the same for Harry and Marcel before hobbling up the stairs. It is a bit of a struggle to get up them but I make it. I quickly slip into some Pjs before getting into my bed.

"Good night princess." I hear Marcel call from downstairs before I hear the door close and lock.

I lay in bed finding it a lot harder to sleep without them for some reason but after a little while I fall asleep.

-

I wake up drenched in sweat and scared. As I do a lot of nights I had the nightmare I always seem to have. I never noticed but recently while I have been around the triplets the nightmares seem to go away, I think I have only had It once while I was with them. But now it's back and tonights nightmare was particularly scary, this time after the accident everyone was telling me that it was my fault and that I should have died too.

I grab my phone off my nightstand and see that its around 2:30 am. My ankle is in a lot of pain right now, I think the painkillers they gave me at the hospital must of worn off or something. I'm considering calling the triplets, they did tell me to call them if anything happens but I don't know if this is really something. Its also much too late to call them, they are already asleep most likely so I don't want to wake them up.

I try to distract myself from the pain and fear but it just doesn't work. All I can think about what everyone was saying in my nightmare. Was it really my fault? Am I the reason my parents are dead? Why am I the only one that survived? The thoughts start to get overwhelming and I can feel myself starting to freak out.

I want to call them but what if they think I'm a baby for having nightmares? I mean what kinda fifteen year old has nightmares almost every night. But maybe they would know how to make me feel better. I'm to scared right now to even think correctly all I want is for the pain and fear to go away so I grab my phone again and click on the first of their contacts that I see, which happens to be Harry's. The phone barley even rings once before a sleepy sounding Harry picks up the phone.

"Baby is that you? Are you okay?" His deep sounding voice asks concernly.

I don't respond out of emmbarasment about how I am calling him over a stupid nightmare but I do hear myself let out a whimper while thinking about it.

"Lou? What happened princess? Talk to me." Harry asks again now sounding more awake.

I again don't respond but I hear Harry telling his brothers to wake up and that something happened to me.

"Put the phone on speaker Harry." I hear Edward say quietly over the phone.

Harry puts the phone on speaker so I can hear all of them talking to me.

"Baby what happened?" Marcel asks me.

"Wait Louis did you get one of your nightmares?" Harry asks me seeming like realization just flooded him.

Thats right, the one time I did get a nightmare when I was with the triplets Harry was the one that woke up and helped me. I guess he knows that this is an often occurring thing. It makes sense that it would be a nightmare, I mean why else would I call them at two in the morning.

"Yes." I whisper into the phone quietly once I have enough courage to talk.

"My poor baby. We are coming over now." Edward says.

"No wait I don't want you to leave me, just stay on the phone." I say panicked.

"Okay okay don't worry sweetheart we will stay on the phone." Marcel says.

"Do you wanna talk about the dream?" Harry asks.

I shake my head quickly before say "No No No."

Whenever I have nightmares I hate to talk about it because then I am just thinking about it and it's more scary. I just like to be distracted.

"Are you sure you don't want us to come and get you?" Harry asks.

"Yes I just need you to distract me." I say so quiet almost I can't hear it.

It's silent for a few moments until I hear one of the triplets starting to sing, I think it's Harry. His voice is smooth and low at the same time, I don't really listen to the words he sings, just that he is singing it. I have never heard any of them singing before I genuinely had no clue that he could. After a few verses I hear both Edward and Marcel join in on the singing, seemingly bringing me even more peace. All of their singing voices are nearly identical but I can tell them apart, they all are perfect and extremely soothing. The song goes on for about three or so minutes and by the end my eyes are shut and I am nearly asleep.

——
Hey loves, hope you liked this chapter.
I truly adore reading all of your comments, so feel free to leave them. I read all of them always.
Did you all have a good day today?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

245K 7.6K 54
Harry, Edward and Marcel the most feared and barbaric pirates alive. Known to kill and torture everyone they come across without any remorse. Louis...
340K 9K 17
Louis parents died when he was eight, his older brothers stepped in to take care of him, along with their best friends Harry and Edward Styles. The b...
667K 16.5K 26
Harry, Edward, and Marcel don't want an Omega. Or so they thought. Louis doesn't want an Alpha. Or so he thought. They meet, fate does its job, and...
203K 10.4K 47
They've been trained to become Alpha protectors of their city, tasked to battle gruesome beasts and put their lives at risk on a daily basis. Louis i...