๐๐จ๐ฉ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž, ๐ญ๐ฆ๐ซ ๐ง๐ž...

By peachymaximoff

๐๐จ๐ฉ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž: the key hormone that produces feelings of love, euphoria, and pleasure "you make me feel li... More

00, dopamine
01, a part of me is you
03, not too unlucky
04, keeping us sane
05, deserves to know
06, always been wicked
07, she was
08, someone i never met
09, ghost stories
10, move your hands
11, somebody i used to know
12, the parts of us lost
13, and the ones we did lose

02, active sex life

7.9K 272 48
By peachymaximoff

HOT WATER WAS DEFINITELY something Daphne was not used to. She stood in shower, carefully making sure the water wasn't too hot before she stepped underneath the water.

"I don't think I've ever been this warm." Trinity joked from the shower next to her and Daphne smiled, hearing Teresa laugh.

"I feel like my hair is burning." Teresa spoke.

"Maybe you should turn the water colder then." Daphne suggested with a smirk.

"I can practically hear your smirk, Daph." Teresa replied.

Daphne giggled, rubbing her hands together with a bar of soap. She frowned slightly when the water turn pink from the blood on her hands. Chuck's blood.

"They have conditioner!" Trinity screamed and her sister and Teresa laughed. "God, my hair is about to look so good. And it smells like roses!"

About 15 minutes later, the three girls walked out of the shower with towels covering their bodies. The three sets of clothes sat on a bench, each of them grabbing one.

"Teresa, did Daphne and I ever tell you about what it was like getting feminine products in the Glade?" Trinity questioned as she slid a shirt over her head and Daphne laughed.

"No, why?" Teresa questioned. "I was there for like two days, I didn't need them."

"Absolutely miserable. The day after we arrived Winston held a bra in front of the entire Glade." Daphne shook her head.

"Yup, and the boys quickly learned to not touch the small crate that came with every Greenie." Trinity shrugged.

Turning around, Daphne looked in the mirror for the first time in two years. A pair of dark jeans hugged her legs, a purple long sleeve shirt to go along with it.

"Daph, your hair!" Trinity said and she turned back around to look at her sister.

"What? What's wrong?" Daphne asked, glancing at the mirror.

"It's curling up!" Her sister smiled, standing behind her and running her hands through Daphne's brown locks.

"Probably the conditioner." Daphne shrugged.

"It's finally letting your waves come out." Trinity whispered excitedly. "God, Newt's not gonna be able to take his eyes off you."

"Not that he ever does." Teresa smirked and Trinity laughed, Daphne blushing slightly as she shook her head. She turned around, grabbing a small necklace off the sink.

"Ladies, are you almost done in there?" Janson questioned from the hallway.

"Yeah she-shanks, we don't got all day." Minho shouted and Daphne rolled her eyes, hearing the other boys laugh.

"Don't want to keep the boys waiting now, do we?" Trinity smirked. "They're far too fragile for that."

"Heard that!" Minho called.

"Come on," Daphne patted Trinity's shoulder. The sisters walked out of the girls bathroom section, Teresa following them.

Pulling the necklace out of her pocket, Daphne leaned forward slightly as she clipped it on. She stood up again, her eyes falling on Newt. Smiling immediately, Daphne looked at him in his green and gray shirt and jeans. His hair was brushed and his face was bright and clean, a smile rushing up to it when he looked her.

Walking over to her, he brushed some hair out of her face, Newt whispering, "Your hair, love, it's—"

"Wavy." Daphne smiled and Newt nodded, smiling too. She looked at him, noticing the scratch on his face, running her finger over it. "Does it hurt?"

"No," He shook his head. "Just a scratch, I've been through worst, darling. You look very pretty."

Blush rushed up to Daphne's cheeks once again making Newt smile further and Daphne grinned, "You look nice too, all clean."

"You two done?" Frypan questioned and Daphne backed up away from Newt.

"Now that we're all here," Janson looked at the group. "It's time for some tests."

-

Newt looked at the doctor as he sat in a chair in the labs. His eyes widened when he saw the doctor pull out a large syringe. He licked his lips before speaking, "Wait, what is that?"

"Just a little cocktail." The doctor answered. "Calcium, folate, vitamins A through Z. Pretty much everything you've been deprived of out there."

Daphne walked back the section where Newt sat and he gave her a nervous look.

"Try to relax." The doctor spoke again. Daphne gave Newt a gentle smile, seeing the needle and the look on his face.

Walking to the other side of the room, Daphne past Trinity and Minho, who were running on treadmills. Another doctor smiled at her, gesturing at Daphne to sit down. "Daphne, right?"

Daphne nodded and the women offered her hand for her to shake. "I'm Dr. Weltman, I just need to ask you some questions and get some bloodwork and urine-work from you."

"Sounds good." Daphne said, playing with the ends of her sleeves. She held out her arm, wincing slightly when Weltman pushed the a needle in, allowing blood to flow.

"Does anything hurt? Like anything that we should be concerned about?" Weltman asked. "Broken bones possibly, pulled muscles."

She shook her head and Weltman nodded, "Okay, they already took your height and weight earlier."

Weltman took out a large syringe, exactly like the one that Newt was injected with earlier. "This is—"

"Vitamins." Daphne cut her off with a smile and Weltman nodded.

"Smart."

"No, my boyfriend— My friend was just injected with one and he was kind of freaking out." Daphne rambled, blushing. "He's afraid of needles."

"Are you?" She questioned.

Shaking her head, Daphne replied, "No, no, I was a Med-Jack— Pretty much a doctor for my friends in the maze. I've dealt with needles."

"Good," Weltman nodded, injecting the needle in her arm gently.

Weltman asked her a few more questions before the doctor sighed, glancing at Daphne. "These are the few awkward questions."

"Oh great." Daphne mumbled.

"Are you sexually active?" Weltman asked.

Daphne choked on air, her eyes wide as she studdered. "What— Excuse me?"

"I assumed with the boyfriend and all that." She shrugged. "It's just to see if we have to check for STDS and other things"

"Yeah, I'm— You know, doing that." Daphne mumbled, nodding and her cheeks turned pink.

"When was the last time?"

"Really?" She gasped and Weltman shrugged again. "Like a week ago?"

Weltman wrote it down, looking at Daphne. "Do you love him?"

"Yes, I do." Daphne nodded, smiling. "He's the first boy I've ever loved, before and after the maze."

"That's nice." Weltman grinned. "Alright, Daphne, you're done with me and my awkward questions, I think you are pretty much done—"

"Actually Dr. Weltman, I would like Ms. Daphne to answer a few questions from Dr. Bailey." Janson walked into the room.

"Dr. Bailey, the neurologist?" Weltman questioned. "She's completely fine, sir."

"I'm sure she is." Janson smirked. "So, Daphne, you haven't shown off your smarts to Dr. Weltman?"

"What?" Daphne and Weltman questioned in unison.

"Well, Dr. Weltman, we looked over WCKED's files and Daphne has the highest IQ out of all of the maze trial participants." Janson said.

"We didn't participate." Daphne mumbled.

"Wait, all of the maze trials?" Weltman questioned and Janson nodded. "You were holding out on me, Daphne."

"Yeah, usually I just keep all the more complicated sentences that I think of in my head." Daphne shrugged. "Nobody usually understands half of the words I use anyways. Why do I have to see a neurologist?"

"We just want to run a few tests, see what you're fully capable of." Janson answered and Daphne stood up as a guard led Trinity into the room.

"Hey Daphie." Trinity greeted. "Have they poked and prodded at your brain yet?"

"Not yet." Daphne smiled, her sister patting her shoulder and the younger girl whispered, "She makes you pee in a cup and answers questions about your sex life."

"Good thing mine is nonexistent, the only Gladers with real sex lives are you and Newt." Trinity smirked and Daphne rolled her eyes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 4.7K 25
โRemember, never stop running.โž [Thomas x OC x Newt] Book 1 In the TRIALS series. enemies to lovers & friends to lovers humour and romance orientated...
852K 14.1K 49
A maze runner love story, a wondrous disaster. *may contain mature themes* [completed] #1 newt #...
5.2K 241 18
๐Œ๐š๐ฅ๐ž!(๐˜/๐ง) ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐š๐ณ๐ž. ๐‡๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ฒ, ๐ก๐ž'๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ญ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐, ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ซ, ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ฅ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ, ๐š ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ, ๐š...
314K 7.3K 23
'Sometimes it is the silent observer who sees the most.' || Maze Runner || || Scorch Trials - The Death Cure || || Newt x oc || || COMPLETED ||