May Flowers - Sanders Sides F...

By TypicallyUntypical

This is for the May Flowers event on Tumblr! https://tsshipmonth2020.tumblr.com/post/647866592457293824/april... More

❁Introduction❁
❁Tulips - Perfect and Deep Love❁
❁Pansies - Platonic Love❁
❁Lily of the Incas - Mutual Support❁
❁Peonies - Compassion❁
❁Liatris - Happiness❁
❁Gladiolus - Faithfulness❁
❁Hyacinth - Sincerity❁
❁Alyssum - Worth Beyond Beauty❁
❁White Carnations - Reverence❁
❁Sunflowers - Longevity❁
❁Birds of Paradise - Freedom❁
❁Safflowers - Good Luck❁
❁Daisy - Innocence❁
❁SnapDragon - Deception❁
❁Larkspur - Positivity❁
❁Forget-Me-Nots - Promise to Remember❁
❁Kalanchoe - Persistence❁
❁Iris - Courage❁
❁Blue Hydrangeas - Asking for forgiveness, and expressing regret❁
❁Chrysanthemums - Optimism❁
❁Poppies - Sleep and Death❁
❁Daffodil - New Beginnings❁
❁Poinsettia - Success❁
❁Lavender - Serenity❁
❁Orchid - Elegance❁
❁Monte Casino Aster - Charm and patience❁
❁Hypericum - Inspiration❁
❁Delphinium - Encouragement❁
❁Stargazer Lilies - Ambition and Encouragement❁
❁Blue Roses - Attaining the Impossible❁

❁Baby's Breath - Affection❁

31 2 0
By TypicallyUntypical

"Logan's Log: Affection Analysis, subject: five love languages. It is no secret I struggle to make my affection for the other sides known. I am not good with emotions, neither mine nor the others'. Thus, I have come up with an experiment to test the best method of affection dispersion for each of the sides. Though there are many flaws with the theory of the five love languages, I believe that this would be the best place to start. The first test subject will be-" Logan had to stop his recording as he realized he had not chosen who would be his first test subject. One option was Patton, though, he would probably unintentionally skew the results as he liked many different forms of affection. Not to mention, Logan had spent so much time with Patton that it was possible his own biases would tamper with the evidence.

Patton wasn't a good first choice.

He could try Virgil, but a sudden change in behavior could often make Virgil nervous, and Logan would like to solidify his process before attempting to figure out Virgil's affection needs.

Remus? No, Remus was a force of chaos and Logan had his own theories that Remus both didn't care about how he was receiving affection, and also would have a different preferred method each day.

Then, the best option, to not add the variable of familiarity, was Janus.

Logan swallowed hard. He was not Janus' biggest fan. Though he understood why Deceit did many of the things he had done in the past, Logan still felt slighted. He still had dreams of being taken out of conversations, nightmares of his words being taken from him. There was a part of him that felt he shouldn't give his affection to someone who had cared so little for his feelings.

But was that true? The last time it had happened, Janus had come to check on him, he had even shown signs of what Patton described as sheepishness.

Logan began to pace his room before finally deciding that he was going to do it. He was going to try his experiment with Janus. It would be good for both of them. Turning back to his recorder, he swallowed before taking in a deep breath. "The first test subject will be Deceit, otherwise known as Janus. First trial method, physical touch."

The next day Logan began to watch Janus' patterns. He was learning some of the other side's habits and the things he usually enjoyed. It was valuable data for the rest of his experiment, but he was waiting until they were alone.

"What is it? You have been staring at me all day, and though I'm flattered, it is getting tiring."

"Apologies, I was just hoping to ask you for a hug." Consent was important, even if Logan was technically running this experiment without consent, but he would ask during the process.

"What?"

"A hug, it is a close embrace, with arms, especially as a sign of affection."

"I am aware of what a hug is Logan, but why are you asking me for one? Were the others too busy?"

Janus's shoulders were raised, his lips tight and Logan imagined his teeth were probably clenched. He might not be good at recognizing emotions but he could see when someone's defenses were raised.

"You can tell when I'm lying, correct?"

Janus nodded but his posture didn't seem to change.

"I was specifically seeking a hug from you today. I have no nefarious intentions for said sign of affection, and I will respect any boundary you put in place."

"One of those was a half truth, you are omitting something, but you don't think it's vital." His eyes narrowed as he spoke and Logan nodded in agreement.

"Would you feel more comfortable if I promised to explain myself at a later date."

Janus's eyes remained squinted for a bit as he peered up at Logan. Eventually he nodded his head. "Very well, you may hug me."

Logan nodded, stepping forward to give an awkward hug. It felt stiff at first, but soon he was rubbing small circles into Janus's back, something Patton had taught him. The deceptive side shivered and part of Logan was afraid he had done something wrong. Instead, he was pulled closer, a quiet mumble in his ear, "don't stop."

So, for a long time, he didn't.

The two of them just stood there holding each other until Logan finally pulled away. "Though I doubt you will, if you are ever in need of physical affection, you can come to me."

Janus stepped back straightening his hat and gloves. For a brief moment his face had softened, relaxed in a way that made Logan's heart hurt. It didn't last, Janus had once again hardened his face with a curt nod. "I will keep that in mind."

At least repeating this particular part of the experiment wouldn't be difficult, Janus seemed to need the physical touch more than Logan expected.

Next was "words of affirmation", something Logan was quite fond of, but he wasn't sure that words would mean quiet as much to Deceit. Still, an experiment was incomplete without testing all of the data, so Logan waited until it was time for afternoon tea. "I see you are making tea, may I have a cup as well?"

"Certainly," Janus's shoulders relaxed. This wasn't the first time they had had tea together, in fact, often tea times would fall around Logan's self-assigned breaks. He wondered if this was Janus' was of trying to spend time with the logical side. No, he was probably overthinking this. He needed to focus on the experiment anyway.

"Thank you for the tea, you have exquisite tastes."

Almost immediately Logan could tell that his hypothesis was correct. Rather than the softness of yesterday's experiment, Janus just looked at him with his eyebrow raised, a look of resigned confusion on his face. Logan made a mental note to write that down later but attempted to keep a neutral expression for now. He meant what he said and he had no desire to explain further, but he could see that this experiment would need to be a long term one as the change in his behavior was skewing the results. Still, it was good information.

Logan chose to use their tea to also test "quality time". He just sat in silence with Janus, the two of them enjoying their tea quietly. Janus did seem to relax a little as time went on, even making a full pot of tea to extend their time together. Logan was enjoying this. His own worries over Janus's movies began to melt over the past few days. Even if it took him longer to figure out the different side's preferred methods of affection, this was already a success of an experiment in the aspect that it had a positive effect.

The next day was gifts and Logan showed up at Janus' door with a book on psychology. He knocked confidently on the door and waited for the other side to open up.

When the black and yellow door was opened up he presented the book. "Good Morning, sorry to disturb you so early, but I thought you might enjoy having this."

"You are giving me one of your books?"

"Yes, you also seem to have an interest in psychology, thus I thought you would enjoy it."

Janus took the book hesitantly before looking up at Logan. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why are you doing this? Being so kind? I am well aware of our... history," Janus continued with a flourish of his hand. "Yet you have spent the past week working your way through different types of affection. I would like to know why."

Logan sighed, "I knew my change in behavior was too sudden, I'll have to modify that." He looked at Janus. "I did promise you an explanation. May I come in?"

There was a bit of hesitation before Janus nodded and allowed Logan into his room.

"I have been attempting to better myself by learning the affection types of the different sides. This will allow me to help with everyone's emotional needs."

"So you started with me because..."

"I believed you would be a good baseline to start my information gathering. You are someone I am the least familiar with."

Janus's lips were pursed. "So I was just a part of the experiment?"

"In a way, but I sense that you mean something more emotional with that... Janus, I have enjoyed the time we have spent together."

He didn't say anything but Logan could see the confusion on his face.

"I am not mad at you, I was, but I understand why you have removed me from the previous conversations. I would still like to continue my experiment if you will allow it."

There was another moment of silence before Janus nodded, taking the book. "Very well, but maybe next time, just ask."

"Would you have been honest?"

"Most likely not, but it's important to ask anyway."

"Very well, would you like a hug?"

"You are going to use this against me aren't you?"

"Never," Logan opened his arms and Janus fell right into them.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.3K 303 27
this is my first time writing a oneshots book. but I hope you enjoy it! and please inform me if I make any grammar mistakes! thank you! enjoy! compl...
4.2K 172 21
I will be writing a lot of angst in here but occasionally some fluff. I will take requests (it saves me the pain of having to come up with stuff by m...
143K 5K 50
Get ready for all the fluff and angst (as well as fluffy angst) that is to come!
800 68 29
It is as it says on the tin. One month dedicated to AUs.