REIGNING VIXEN | Edmund Peven...

By project_deceiver

COMPLETED | ❝ Some journeys take us far from home. Some adventures lead us to our destiny. ❞ ━ in which... More

ʀᴇɪɢɴɪɴɢ ᴠɪxᴇɴ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪ: ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪᴏɴ, ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴅʀᴏʙᴇ
ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴇᴍᴘᴀᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ꜰᴀᴠᴏᴜʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ʜᴏᴛ ᴘᴇᴠᴇɴꜱɪᴇ ᴛᴇᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀᴛɪᴄ ᴇxɪᴛꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ꜱᴛʀᴜᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɪɴ ɴᴀʀɴɪᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴍᴀᴛᴄʜʙᴏx ᴏꜰ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴏʙꜱᴇʀᴠɪɴɢ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴏᴍᴘᴀ ʟᴏᴏᴍᴘᴀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ꜰᴇᴇʟ ᴍʏ ᴘᴀɪɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ꜱɴɪᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴡɪᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜱʜᴇᴅ ᴀ ᴛᴇᴀʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɢʟʏ ᴡᴇᴇᴘᴇʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʙᴜʀɴ ᴀ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴄʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴏʀ ꜰᴜɴᴇʀᴀʟ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ʀᴇɢʀᴇᴛ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍᴏᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʟɪɴɢʏ ꜰᴇᴠᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴᴇᴅ ᴊᴜᴠᴇɴᴇꜱᴄᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪ: ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴀꜱᴘɪᴀɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ʜᴇʀ ɢᴜɪᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴘʀɪꜱᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴅʀᴏᴡɴᴇᴅ ꜱᴏʀʀᴏᴡꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴀɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ ᴍᴀɢɪᴄ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴ ʙᴇᴀʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ꜱɪʟᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴀɪɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴀꜱʟᴀɴ'ꜱ ᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴜɴᴄᴀɴɴʏ ʀᴇꜱᴇᴍʙʟᴀɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴄʟᴀɪʀᴀᴜᴅɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴇᴄʜᴏᴇꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴅᴜᴄᴋꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴜʙʙᴏʀɴ ᴍɪꜱᴛᴀᴋᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ʀᴇᴅᴇᴇᴍɪɴɢ ꜰʟᴀᴡꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ ꜱʜᴇʟʟꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴍᴀɪɴꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ʀᴇꜱᴛᴏʀᴇᴅ ʜᴏᴘᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴋɴɪɢʜᴛʟʏ ꜱᴏʀᴄᴇʀᴇꜱꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɴᴅʏɪɴɢ ꜰᴀɪᴛʜ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴜɴɪꜰʏɪɴɢ ᴄᴏʟʟɪꜱɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ɢɪɢɢʟɪɴɢ ʙᴜꜰꜰᴏᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴅᴇᴘᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʀᴇᴇ
ᴘᴀʀᴛ ɪɪɪ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴠᴏʏᴀɢᴇ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀᴡɴ ᴛʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ: ꜱᴡᴀɴ ʟᴀᴋᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛɪᴛᴛʟᴇ-ᴛᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴘʜʏꜱɪᴄᴀʟ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ʙᴏᴜɴᴅʟᴇꜱꜱ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪᴠᴇ: ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇᴛᴡᴇᴇɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪx: ᴘʟᴀᴄɪᴅ ʜᴀᴢᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜱᴛᴇᴀᴅɪʟʏ ᴀᴍᴇʟɪᴏʀᴀᴛɪɴɢ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴄʜᴀʀᴍɪɴɢʟʏ ʙᴀꜱʜꜰᴜʟ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴀꜱᴛᴏɴɪꜱʜɪɴɢ ʀᴇᴠᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ɢʀᴀɴᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴇꜱᴛᴏᴡᴀʟꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜꜱ ᴜɴᴋɴᴏᴡɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ: ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴠɪᴄᴛɪᴍ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍɪʀᴀᴄᴜʟᴏᴜꜱ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇꜱꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄᴀʟᴍ ᴘᴏɴᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʀ ᴠɪꜱɪᴛᴏʀꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰʀᴀᴄᴛᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴏʀᴅᴇʀ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴄʜᴀꜱɪɴɢ ꜰʀᴀɢᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴʟᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴʙᴏᴜɴᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴɴᴀᴍᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴᴠᴇɪʟᴇᴅ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴜɴꜱᴇᴡɴ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ꜱʜᴀᴘᴇᴅ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴄᴇ
ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴡᴀʀᴍɪɴɢ ꜰᴀʀᴇᴡᴇʟʟ
ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪxᴇɴ
ɪᴍᴍᴇɴꜱᴇ ᴀᴘᴘʀᴇᴄɪᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ꜱᴡᴇᴇᴛ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍꜱ

3.5K 160 381
By project_deceiver

➹₊•°༉彡˚✧

FEED ME A RIDDLE. Satisfy my vast curiosity. And quench my thirst for knowledge. It has long been an attribute of my family to not only be contented with first impressions but to study even the smallest of details. For it has always been an axiom of my grandfather that the little things are infinitely the most important.

So it brings me to the question that was it the sole purpose as to why I had been pulled by Edmund's misfortunes? Or is there something else that magnetized myself to his great luck of having bad things thrown his way. It was a thought that bothered me until I fell asleep on the uncomfortable floor last night.

The gates of the dungeons opened up, the coldness of the area still very present. My eyes squinted slightly at the upcoming strangers. Upon focusing my gaze, I saw that it was the dwarf whom always followed the witch. He was carrying a long stick, attached with a whip of some sort.

Up.” Ginarrbrik, whose name I learned from Edmund, demanded. I scowled at him then pointed at our still imprisoned bottoms, him glaring at me then heading outside.

I faced the person beside me, seeing his eyes already facing my direction. My head did a discreet nod, earning a determined expression to momentarily flash in his eyes. Signifying that he was ready.

Mr. Tumnus had already been taken away a few moments prior from being woken up. My abilities remained relieved by the fact he was connected to me. Though his string of connection linked me to his discomfort due to a slight pain still bothering him. It was still good to know that Jadis took my suggestion of not making him another one of those statues.

Returning inside the room, the dwarf was now accompanied with the troll guard from last night. Coming inside our frosted cell then swinging its large axe to cut off the shackles encasing our ankles.

Standing up, the queen's dwarf servant went behind us, leading us to go outside. A small misstep led to a harsh push from him, making me bite my lip in annoyance. The boy beside me shared the same look, although he faced me in warning. Knowing that I needed to shut my mouth for it'll only lead us to our dooms.

Once again facing Edmund, I cleared my throat to get his attention. He faced me nervously, doubting my plan for a second. Rolling my eyes, I then looked around, only to see that there were only two guards with us. Distanced luckily by the door, away from our forms yet enough to catch us if we run away.

Releasing a shaky breath, I then staggered from my steps. As expected, the dwarf behind me used his whip to push me forward. Just then, I slipped from his action, falling down on the cold floor. The boy beside me looked at me worriedly, crouching down to my height along with the dwarf who went down to take my shirt with his fist then bring me up. From there, my eyes met with Edmund's, him nodding with a small smile on his face with me winking at him in approval.

Mentally smirking, I then faced forward where a loud noise of the doors opening came from. Phase one, complete.

Stepping outside, my eyes studied the frozen figures. Pushing away their efforts to latch onto me in hopes that I could help them. I may want to, but I couldn't. My abilities aren't made to take away immobility caused by ice magic.

When you're ready, son of Adam,” The witch's voice echoed down the room. I located her standing on a sleigh, blinking blankly at a tied up faun by her feet. She then faced my direction, saying another sentence before sitting down. “Daughter of Eve.”

Walking towards her direction, we were then abruptly pushed to sit beside Mr. Tumnus. The dwarf got up to the front, yelling at the reindeer before whipping his weapon at them. Lurching forward, I was thrown to the direction of Edmund but caught myself in order to not fall off the vehicle.

Once outside, the bright lights swallowed our vision momentarily. Blinding us for a few seconds due to being away from lights for many hours. The six reindeer ran swiftly on the flat clearing surrounding the castle. My nerves spiked up once my gaze caught my two companions, closing my eyes for a few seconds before sitting properly.

Jadis flickered her sight to us for a few seconds, then led it to face forward. With my heart beating loudly, I quickly went to attach my feelings towards an unsuspecting Ginarrbrik. Making me instinctively sigh in relief once I transferred his calmness to my own.

“Not to bother you but may I ask where we are headed to, Your Majesty?” I started, tilting my head slightly in curiosity. The witch merely glanced at me with narrowed eyes, her nose turning up arrogantly.

“I did not ask you to make conversation with me.” She countered with a glare. I nodded obediently, biting back another remark. 

Closing my eyes, I prepared myself to doze off. My exhaustion was visibly present to the others. Perhaps not sleeping when I could was a bad idea? But a bad idea wouldn't consist of using this as a part of the plan, right?

A small shift beside me made me smirk evidently, the adrenaline rushing to my bones as I mentally broke the wall surrounding the witch. Once finding a good opening, I then latched my abilities to the core of her consciousness, hoping that this would work or else we'd end up with three dead bodies being sent to the Pevensies.

Upon opening my eyes, I noticed the face of Jadis scrunched up in confusion. Her eyes blinked every second that she could get, trying her very best to push away her sudden exhaustion.

“Are you alright, Jadis?” My address towards her made her eyes snap to me. I faced her with a raised brow, lips slowly curling up to a smirk. “Or are you too exhausted to keep your eyes open?”

With those words being said, the noise of ropes getting cut sounded in my ears. Mr. Tumnus quickly rising to his feet then going off with Edmund to take care of the other company we had with us on the vehicle.

“What did you do?!” Jadis screeched, still having a hard time to keep her mind at state. Because they say that no matter how powerful, no one is ever invincible in the face of exhaustion. Unless they're mindless, of course.

I took a small step towards her form, dodging a blow from her when she went to hit me with her staff. But upon dodging another one, she managed to hit me with her hand. She then took that as a time to smirk teasingly at me. Her magic was slowly making their way to take control, making me purse my lips in annoyance. Turns out, battling while on a moving sleigh was never a good idea. Whoever said it really was, is an absolute idiot.

Yelping on my spot, I ducked once more to dodge a blow, my body rolling off dangerously to the edge. I groaned when I felt a foot stepping on my back, heels digging painfully.

“This is interesting, is it not?” The witch stated in amusement, putting more force on her actions. “Facing another destined trying their best to up me.”

Suddenly, hands pulled on my hair, raising me up until I was face to face with the mocking expression of Jadis.

“Admittedly, you were great to be able to trick me but—” Her words were cut short when I did what I was always best at. The action that once did and always will help me in any situation ever. I stepped on her toe. Hard.

When her hand took itself from my hair, I then elbowed her face then stood up. Upon looking down, I perked up once I saw her staff lying innocently on the floor. Taking a foot forward, her head snapped up to me. Having an intense eye battle of who can reach the weapon first. Along with her small jump was when I rushed to it, groaning in annoyance when she stood up with the staff in hand.

“Just give up.” Jadis sneered, raising up her hand to hit me with her magic. Her actions however proved a fail as she winced in pain due to blood now flowing from her arm. I looked at the person who caused it, sighing in relief when Edmund's determined face smiled at me. Gripped on his hand was the dagger of Ginarrbrik that we earned at the end of phase one.

At the small falter of the witch, I took it as a small step forward. In the midst of her vulnerability, her control would be weak. So I once again pushed past her barriers, staring at her with an intensity. The magic flowed freely on my body, my dormant abilities coming to play. I smirked, knowing that this time I was now sure that this would work. Because this time, I let my eyes freely let out a bright blue glow.

“Sweet dreams, ugly hag.” Her eyes fought off my efforts, myself just raising a brow at her. Once she staggered on her footing, I snatched her staff. She gave me an attempt of a glare, surprised by how much I've held my ability. At the time I threw away her staff to another direction was when she jumped off the vehicle to catch it. Knowing that even when I weakened her, it wouldn't be enough to hold for long. So I did what I thought was best. I threw away something so important to her that I was sure she would do her best to catch. It was a sacrifice whether I had to give her the source of her magic, or face the consequences of her waking up with us and have face her unexpected power. I chose the safe path, which was the former.

I gave her one last mocking wave of goodbye, watching her form getting smaller in the distance of the moving vehicle. After that, I then faced to the front, smiling slightly at the outline of Mr. Tumnus' form leading the sleigh. We did it.

“Are you alright?” Edmund's voice made me snap my attention to him. Giving him a small nod, I then patted his shoulder appreciatively.

“Have you even any idea where we're headed?” I asked once I walked towards the faun. His eyes momentarily flickered to me with a grin then looked ahead.

“I believe I've once heard of Aslan setting camp by the stone table.” He replied giddily, myself just nodding before taking a seat next to Edmund.

“What happened with the oompa loompa?” I questioned, crossing my arms while looking at the faun whipping the reindeer gently to go faster.

“Pushed him off.” A chuckle left my lips at his reply. Just observing the scenery of nature passing by us. The snow fell carefully on our skins, myself grumpily shaking it away.

“I never thought it would work but you proved me wrong.” The voice of Tumnus said from his own seat, still focused on leading us away.

Coming back to my senses, I then huffed. Do you remember the part where I wanted to be petty but couldn't? Well now would be the perfect time to. “I didn't ask.”

The reply I received however made me frown as I expected him to be offended. He replied with a small laugh, which he followed with a sincere, “Thank you. If you haven't taken effort to save me, I'd sure be—”

“You needn't say that,” Fixing my clothes, I straightened it when I now noticed its crumpled situation. “You pulled your weight in the process of escape. My success is also yours.”

At the action of closing my eyes, the feeling of adrenaline leaving my system rushed over me. My recent exhaustion however was lessened in half due to myself sharing, more like forcing, it to the witch. Despite my tiredness, I remained awake. My abilities were still adjusting itself from being asleep due to making itself hidden from being sensed. In connection to this, the once painful slaps of the wind became gentle caresses of slight warmth. Something that I now only took notice of.

“Hey,” The sound of his voice made its way to my ears. But I just ignored it, not wanting to talk. I continued just resting my consciousness but a hand slowly shook my shoulder. “Are you awake?”

“In case you haven't noticed, I'm in no mood to converse with an idiot.” Shifting in his seat, he faced me with a frown.

“Why?”

“Ask your turkish delight, maybe they'd answer you.” I gave him a narrowed look, rolling my eyes as he slowly realized what I was getting at.

“But—”

“No.” Facing away, I scowled at the noticeable amusement of the faun with us.

“I was only—” Cutting him again, I raised my hand in level with his face.

“Talk to the hand.” By now, he huffed at me. Swatting away my hand in annoyance. Silence followed by, making me smile in content but dragged out a groan when he broke it.

“I didn't know,” His voice lowered once he spoke, making me frown. A small guilty feeling went rolling within me, my mind now reeling back to how his words were somewhat true. It was even the reason why I decided to go with him. He was enchanted to go, bringing anyone with him because the witch said so. “I thought that by bringing you with me, she'd be kind to you too.”

I remained silent, ignoring a small feeling that bubbled from the pit of my stomach.

I'm sorry.” He continued, sincerity flowing from his words. In realization, my abilities now caught the clarity of his link. The once bothersome barricading magic lifting its placement from covering his string of connection.

“Whatever. Just don't do it again.” Relief showered his face, a small smile curling at his lips. Upon remembering his real agenda, his eyebrows scrunched up in curiosity.

“How did you do all that?” Knowing that sometime now he would question myself about this, I sighed and debated whether or not to tell him. Which ended in me explaining to him some bits of what I was, along with what my capabilities are.

Time seemed to run past us, the sun has met the peak of the sky. By now, the blaring light became harsh to the eyes, a warmth mixing well with the coldness that it made me certain something was changing.

Our trio were peacefully just passing by when the sound of bells echoed from the distance. Awareness widened in the atmosphere as Tumnus raised the whip and led the reindeer to hasten their pace. Edmund fidgeted uncomfortably from beside me, a spark of fear oozing from him at the obvious thought of going back to the witch.

My senses however perked up when my own abilities failed to scream a warning at me. Making me furrow my eyebrows in question. I made an effort of connecting myself from the following sleigh, clicking my tongue when only a bright white emotion managed to catch me. The other person was pure, a huge difference when I was near Jadis.

“Stop the sleigh.” I voiced out, my two other companions looking at me as if I grew two more heads.

“Are you mad?!” Edmund exclaimed, eyes widening in horror at my words. From up front, the faun leading the sleigh nodded in approval.

“When was I ever wrong?” It took a few seconds of hesitation before Tumnus complied, the other boy still scared to death that it made me snicker. He glared at me, fist tightening on the dagger when the sleigh bells of the other vehicle came to stop beside us.

I snapped my eyes to the side of our own sleigh, seeing a sight that made me want to cry out in disbelief. If I were to be consulted that I had a damaged brain, I wouldn't even try to deny it. Because in front of me, stood a puffy man dressed in red. A bright smile present in his face with cheeks red in joy.

Ho ho.” The words slipped out from my mouth, the happy man laughing at me. He then exited his seat, prompting us to do the same.

“Ho ho, indeed.” Father Christmas chuckled, placing his huge bag on the ground. I glanced to the person beside me, nudging an elbow at a very frozen Edmund. A small laugh sounded behind us, Tumnus obviously having seen what I did.

“I see you've brought a . . ,” Trailing off, I then pursed my lips, careful not to make it sound bad. “Very big sack.”

“Oh yes! I bare some gifts.” The man pointed out dramatically, crouching down to open his bag. Fishing through his loaded bag, he then finally stood up with two items in hand.

His eyes then went to the person beside me, a small smile gracing his face. Edmund noticeably gulped, later looking down while fidgeting with his fingers. I looked away for a few second, ignoring the mixed emotions spiralling around him.

Edmund,” He raised a sheathed sword, the boy taking it gingerly in his hands. The colour of blue was engraved along the hilt of the weapon, a miniscule lion carved as the pommel. “Use this with precision, for it is bound that if one were to decide its use, then one is to think the proper judgement of their actions.”

The guiltiness bounced from Edmund for every word the man said, but his expression remained thankful. A silent agreement went with himself that he would use the gift with just, and not by another failure of a decision.

Next one father Christmas handed him was a shield that went in the theme with his gifted sword. “I understand you both are still children, and that you are confused with the gifts. But know that these are to be used with staidness, and not only for childish fun.”

“Thank you, father Christmas.” Edmund lowered his head respectfully, gripping his gifts with determination.

“And here I thought you'd get a bag filled with coal.” A smirk presented its way to my face, chuckles erupting from the two other males, the third one playfully glaring at me.

After that, he then went back to hand out another set of items, this time gifting them to me. Just imagine my surprise upon knowing this. My brain was already thinking about how I was the one who'd receive charcoal, seeing as my personality has never been the greatest.

“A sword.” I scrunch my nose in confusion, carefully taking it from his hands. My lips curled up in content, pleased with the look of my sword. Unlike Edmund's, mine had gold twirling gracefully around the hilt instead of blue. Although mine lacked the quillon, it was still very intricate in design. Its accent was golden in color from the grip up until the point. The shape was long, but what caught my attention was how it was oozing with magic. Upon contact with it, a peculiar thing happened. It mentally created a small string, waiting to be gripped by me like it wanted to be linked.

“And Ophelia, though I feel you could discover it on your own. I suggest you try connecting to it, maybe it'll give you a magical surprise.” He then gave me another item, this one confusing me more than his small wink after making an obvious pun. A small cylindrical object laced with the same design as my sword's was now held on my hand, no context of what it was. Just a hollow thing but just like my other gift, it flowed freely with power. “Give it a whip and you will soon see.”

Pocketing the items gratefully, I faced him while biting my lips. Now, this was the hard part of receiving. At least, it is for me. I have no idea why but I just don't want to say it. Although seeing as I was watched by three waiting eyes, I groaned with a frown. “Thank you.”

“Someone's blushing.” Glaring at Edmund, I then watched the last person to earn a gift. Seeing that he was only handed one but he still almost kneeled from his thankfulness. Mr. Tumnus received a small white flute.

“Wield them with honour. I expect you both will right make use of them,” Father Christmas focused back to Edmund and I, the both of us nodding at him in understanding. “For now I must set off to continue my journey. As you should yours.”

The man grinned at us one last time, readying up his vehicle. As he then mounted it with a smile, he nodded at us before maneuvering his reindeer away. “Merry Christmas and long live, Aslan!”

Our own series of greetings called after him. We stared at him for a few seconds before getting up our own sleigh with gifts in hand. My eyes stared back to the items as our vehicle lurched forward, scanning the small letters engraved on them. Our initials, I concluded. Seeing as it would only be right and that they were very familiar.

After that, I realized what these were for. An event was long to come, something that can be delayed but will always be inevitable. But upon glancing back around, my eyes caught Edmund's serious expression. And that was enough to let me be inspired to face a war head on. Because only an idiot would think I'd let anyone, especially Edmund, up me in being great.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 5.2K 23
❝ rose pevensie, the bright. the high queen of narnia . ❞ dreams cannot predict the future, no. but they sure as hell can show you a whole other wo...
109K 4.5K 22
James Pevensie loved fiction, so when his youngest sibling claimed to have found a new world, it was no surprise that he was taken to it. Only when i...
24.6K 418 14
Being brought back into the world of Narnia because of a train is totally normal... right? ~~~~~ Previously named 'The Prince' Started: May 1st 2020 ...
31.3K 640 63
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 ⸻ Cordelia Winterbourne's ordinary life with her mother was shattered by the onset of war, prompting Cordelia's mother to make a gut...