APARTMENT 143

By natashahills

Moving to the big city alone is hard enough for Violet. But being neighbors with her new boss? Way harder. ... More

00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20

18

1.2K 66 11
By natashahills

The bright morning sun beamed in my face, I grunt annoyingly, shutting my eyes tight, and flipping over. I feel one of my large pillows beside me and throw my arm over nestling against it.

That's weird... since when did my pillow smell like...

I open my eyes just a little and instead of seeing my pillow, I see Riven sleeping peacefully beside me. My eyes shoot open and I immediately scream at the top of my lungs kicking Riven off the bed!

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Riven shouts as he lands on the floor with a loud thump. "What is wrong with you?"

"What's wrong with me?" I shout crawling over to the side of the bed looking down at him. "How on earth did you end up in my room, in my bed?!"

"Jheeze, you're not the brightest lightbulb are you?" he said pushing himself off of the floor and stands in front of me. "Why don't you take a look around instead of acting like a crazy person."

I stare at him confused and begin to slowly look around.

He was right, this wasn't my apartment. Everything was wrong, none of these things were mine.

I stand up on the bed and begin screaming at the top of my lungs. Riven looks at me with shock, grabbing my legs he throws me back down on the bed and covers my mouth with his hand.

"Would you stop or at least shut up," he said annoyed. "We might not have neighbors beside us, but there are people who live underneath!"

I shove him off of me and glare.

"Then why don't you start talking, what happened last night?"

He shrugs his shoulders. "The last thing I remember was us talking, we had a couple of drinks and then-"

"Oh no, no, no, no" I begin to panic. "We didn't... you know?"

Riven's eyes widen.

"NO! Absolutely not!" he shouts standing up with fear. "I would remember something like that, and besides we aren't you know... naked?"

He looks at me with a smirk and i look down to realize that we're still wearing the clothes from last night.

He was right, but then why was last night still such a blur to me?

I look back over at Riven and see him walk over to the small couch in his bedroom. He picks up an empty bottle of tequila and waves it in the air.

"I think I found our problem solver from last night", he says with a chuckle. "At least we had a good time right?"

"A good time?!" I shout angrily. "We have no idea what happened!"

"Very true," he says sitting beside me on the bed. "Neither of us are dead, which means we got along pretty well, right?"

I roll my eyes.

"You're really something else," I scoff.

Riven places one hand beside me and leans in close, my heart began to race.

"A good something I hope?" he whispers.

This felt familiar. I shake my head and push him away!

"No, a annoying something is more of what I'm thinking," I climb off the bed and look around for my stuff. "I need to get back to my place before my aunt shows up and starts questioning me."

"Why don't you just tell her you spent the night here?"

"Are you nuts?" I throw a shirt at him. "She'll have your head on a stick!"

"Fair point..."

I find my things and head out the door with Riven following behind me.

"You know you seem angry at me," he says mocking me. "At least let me hold your things?"

I take a deep breath and toss my bag at him as I open it looking for my keys. I manage to open the door and we go inside.

"The silent treatment? Is that what we're doing?" he laughs. "Maybe I'll just have to tell Chloe about our crazy night together?"

"I swear if you say anything about last night I'll-"

"You'll what?" a voice says coming down the steps. Chloe appears dressed in her designer blazer and dress, with a stern look on her face. "Well? Who's going to explain that crazy night you two spent together?"

My eyes widen and I immediately turn to look at Riven who is just as shocked to see her.

"I'm waiting," she says as she stands before us folding her arms.

"Um... you see we uh..." I mumble.

"We went to the club and Violet stayed the night at my place, but nothing happened," Riven says quickly jumping in and covering for me. "I have no idea why she was coming up with a lie."

I spoke too soon.

"I was not, he told me that you'd be upset if you found out I was at his place and slept in the same bed!" I say defending myself.

"YOU SLEPT IN THE SAME BED?!" Chloe shouts.

"Nice going Sherlock," Riven whispers in my ear. "That part was supposed to be the secret."

"Oh..." I smile hesitantly as we stand there in silence for what felt to be forever.

"I- I think I'll just g-"

"Riven Christopher Danton, sit down on the couch right now!" Chloe demands stopping Riven in his place.

I hear him sigh from behind me and slowly walk over to the couch like a child.

"You too," she glares at me.

I sit beside Riven and avoid eye contact, Chloe paces back and forth trying to get wrap her head around what happened. She takes a deep breath and sits in front of us.

"Okay let me ask you both one question, are you two sleeping together?"

"NO!" We both shout.

"Then are you dating?" Chloe continues to question.

"If we were dating, don't you think it would be just a bit more obvious?" Riven said with a condescending tone. "Not all of us are pros at bidding relationships."

Hearing his words Chloe glares at him and I grab the pillow on my lap tossing it at his face. "Dude, if you value your life you would stop talking!"

Riven signs. "Fine."

"Aunt Chloe, this is just one big misunderstanding," I attempted to explain. "Riven and I just had one too many drinks and I ended up passing out at his place. But we are just friends and nothing more."

I look over at Riven who seems surprised at my response, he shakes his head somewhat annoyed but continues to stay quiet.

"Riven," Chloe looks over at him. "Is what Violet saying true, on both sides?"

"If she says so then who am I to deny that?" Riven says calmly.

Chloe sighs.

She stands up without saying another word to either of us and grabs her things.

"Aunt Chloe, I promise you there's nothing to worry about", I hastily walk to the door opening it for her as she looks back at me.

"Violet, you are a bright young woman but it appears what I have been worried about has already happened," she says with disappointment. 

"I don't understand, Riven and I-"

"This isn't about sleeping together, you and Riven have more to talk than you think," she mumbles softly to me. "If you truly believe that man over there thinks of you as just a friend, then my dear either you're completely blind when it comes to feelings or you're intentionally ignoring what's going on."

Before I could even question what she meant, she heads for the elevator and disappears from my sight. I close the door and see Riven still quietly sitting on the couch, I sit down beside him in the dead of silence.

"Aren't you going to call me stupid for saying the wrong thing or-"

"I have nothing else to say to you Violet," Riven says standing up and walking past me. 

I grab his hand still sitting on the couch and stopping him.

"Are you upset with me?"

I hear him sigh as he takes a step back and faces me, his gaze was cold and dark. He places both of his hands on the sides of my chair blocking me from moving, he leans down as close as he possibly could and just inches from my lips. 

I gulp at the sight of him and feel my cheeks flush.

"Tell me, Violet, do you really think of me as just a friend?" his tone goes stern. "Did anything that happens between us just seem like friendship?"

"I- I don't know what you're talking about," I hesitate. "If this is about what I said to my aunt, I was just trying to keep her from thinking something that wasn't true and-"

"And what if it was true?" he says. "What if I told you that something did happen between us last night? Would you continue to lie to yourself?"

"What are you talking about?" I say attempting to stand up, but Riven doesn't move a muscle and I'm forced to sit back down. "Riven?"

Riven gazes into my eyes for what seems to feel like forever. However, he says nothing and stands up straight moving his hands away from me.

"We're done with this conversation," he says coldly and proceeds towards the door. "I expect to see you at work in an hour."

"Riven!" I jolt out of my chair and chase after him.

As he reaches to open the door, I'm able to slam my hand against it shutting it immediately.

"Y- You're not going anywhere until you tell me what you remember," I pant as I continue to stand behind Riven with my hand against the door. "Please Riven... if I did something wrong then just-"

Before I'm able to finish my sentence Riven pulls me from behind him slamming me against the door, grabbing the sides of my face, and kisses me.

The memories rush to my head, I had kissed him just like this last night when... when I was in his bed.

Riven gently pulls away placing his head on mine as we both catch our breath.

"We may have not slept together but if I'm going to remember this feeling," he whispers in my ear. "It's because you made me feel this way."

Riven pulls himself away from me and opens the door.

"We're done here," Riven says closing the door behind him.

I lean against the door in shock as my heart races, my mind felt blank as if I couldn't process what had just happened. My fingers trace against my lips, I could still feel him.

All this time I thought... I forced myself to believe there was nothing there. I told myself it was just friendship, I didn't accept my feelings for him, and now...

Now I may have lost him.

Please vote by tapping your screen and clicking the star in the bottom left corner if you're enjoying this story! ☆♡

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777K 19.7K 41
Twenty-three year old Anastasia "Stacey" Marks starts working as a secretary at Havens Enterprise. She falls for her attractive yet harsh boss, Vince...
11.7M 517K 74
Mia Collins just wanted to get through her senior year of high school with as minimal awkward situations as possible. However, that's kind of hard to...
12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...
1.5M 50.7K 76
Your cliqúe innocent love story with the twist of Billionaire CEO. 💝💝💝 Here, I was standing in front of him, half NAKED! Wearing his shirt. I pu...