The Blue Moon Love

Da _lakshanaaa_

Jay, a successful game developer can see the future as a glimpse during blue moon days. He considers it as a... Altro

Prologue
Dora the explorer
Barging into the bathroom
Husband duties
Movie date
Be my wife just for a day
Jay's back turned into a trampoline?
Favourite position?
The team dinner
Revealing the truth
The shocking news
Sweet comfort
The disastrous dish
Seeking advice from Love guru
Watching dirty things?
Meeting with Ex?
Amaira a robber?
Wooing a brick
Crackhead spotted at the crossroad?
Give me the damn divorce!
Kiss me everywhere
The Interview
A night to remember
The oversized obstruction
The Climax
Epilogue

Receiving the marriage news

1.7K 107 74
Da _lakshanaaa_

Amaira's POV:

"Amaira can you please make photocopies of these files?" Rhea asked me.

I wanted to clarify that I was neither an intern nor her junior but a permanent staff in the same status as her. But I was afraid if I do, I would seem too rude or others might judge me as an arrogant brat. There is this one character of mine which has got me in many troubles but still, I choose to be it.

I can't say no to anyone except for the most absurd things they ask. And that too only after contemplating for a long time and in a low tone, which the other person wouldn't even have heard. I think in the perspective of others a lot more than in mine, so I convince myself that doing the thing they ask for wouldn't do me any harm. At least I would be glad I made someone happy.

Many people have mocked me for being meek, in my absence. Many people have directly advised me to stand up for myself and stop being an easy target. The thing is, being meek is better than being a rude person for me. Most of them have misunderstood me for someone who doesn't have self-respect. I would definitely stand up for myself and fight with whoever speaks ill of me in front of my face. It's just that I don't care about the ones who speak behind my back, cause it is their mistake for misunderstanding me and using my kindness for their advantage.

And one more thing I'm being good not because others have to recognise me as an angel or something once I'm dead but just for the sake of my satisfaction of leading a good life without troubling others.

"Yeah sure." I told Rhea and received the files from her. I placed the papers inside the photocopier and took out my phone to check it out in the meantime.

My face lit up on seeing a message notification from Arav.

Arav and I are in love for nearly eight months. He is my senior at work who fell in love with me first. I was afraid of him in the beginning, as he seemed like a devil boss who would treat his subordinates like shit. But as I got to know him better he had a way kinder heart than me, behind his aloof and rude appearance. Most people miss breaking the shell he has built around him and judge him too early as an arrogant jerk. We both are completely opposite in that aspect. I don't want others to think of me as an arrogant brat and he doesn't give a damn if anybody thinks of him as an arrogant jerk.

Arav has neither openly supported nor protected me from other colleagues who bullied his girlfriend like they do in dramas. He respects my way of living and never interferes in it. But he doesn't let go of them easily either. If they pass on their work to me, Arav would come up with new work for them to do. And I wouldn't question him cause I respect his way of dealing with things.

'What is my sunshine doing?' the message read.

'Your sunshine is making photocopies of last month's reports🙃.' I replied.

'Oh have fun baby.😉.'

'How does that sound fun?😒' I asked.

'You'll know soon.' He replied and went offline.

What did he mean by that? I switched off the data and kept my phone back in my pant pocket thinking for an answer.

I was taken back by the sudden contact when someone pulled me back, by my waist and hugged me. I recognised the touch within seconds and let down my guard. He snuggled his face inside my right shoulder.

"Arav this is a workplace. What if somebody sees us?" I pried his hands off my waist and pushed him away, but only after enjoying his hug to my heart's content.

"I don't care." He said in a dull voice. I turned around to find him looking at the floor innocently, feigning hurt.

"I do care." I told lifting his chin to meet my eyes.

He stared at me for a while, pressing his lips into a straight line, and started walking out of the room.

He knows my weakness very well. He knows I can't stand seeing him like that. I pulled his arm and placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Good boys deserve a kiss. So you got one." I told and ran away out of the room.

I turned back to take a brief look at him before turning around the corner. He was grinning and on noticing me he pointed his phone. I understood he was asking me to look at mine.

"Let's meet for dinner after work." He had sent me a text real quick.

I smiled and threw a thumbs up and walked away.

After I was done with my work I checked upon Arav who had still a few things pending to do. I waited for him at the bus stop on the next street so that none of my colleagues notice. Thirty minutes had passed but there wasn't any sign of Arav's car.

When I was about to call him I saw his car turning into the street. I put my phone into my bag and waved for him to notice. I got in his car and he took me to our favorite Chinese restaurant. We both love the taste of the noodles they make there. I filled my tummy up to my throat and slumped back on the chair tired of eating so much.

'Burppp.' Arav let out a loud burp and I was relieved from the guilty of eating too much in front of my boyfriend.

Arav offered to take me home and I accepted since it isn't that safe to ride alone at night. But I always ask him to park his car in the street behind my house. My strict parents will not be fond of me having a boyfriend plus riding in his car alone at night could get me killed.

"Bye. Let's catch up tomorrow." I told and Arav nodded. I walked up to my home smiling to myself recalling everything that had happened today.

I entered my house and noticed my father talking to someone on the phone. I could sense that my mom was in the kitchen from the sounds of something frying in a pan. My dad signalled me to wash my face and come have dinner.

I rolled my eyes and mouthed to him that I knew it. After freshening up I changed into my Mickey Mouse PJs. I connected my phone to the charger as it was on the verge of dying and went downstairs to have dinner.

I noticed that the mood at the dining table was awkward and a bit scary. Hearing my dad saying that he wants to talk to me after dinner fuelled my fears. I knew at once that something was wrong.

Hoping to get lesser scolding I even washed the dishes to prove I was a good girl. Mom asked me to come to sit on the couch opposite to which they were seated and I obliged to it without questioning. Mom turned to my father and signalled him to get started.

My palms became wet from sweat and I looked at my dad, anxiously waiting for him to drop the bomb. And he dropped it. Not a bomb literally but an envelope, on the table in between us.

I nervously took the envelope and opened it slowly. I peeked inside it, afraid something would leap onto me. There seemed to be something like a photograph inside the envelope and I looked at my dad confused.

He signalled me to take it out. Constantly speaking in signs means only one thing. My dad is super angry with me. I pulled out the photograph with trembling hands. It was a picture of some man. This time I looked at my mom confused, hoping to get an answer.

"He is your husband to be. We spoke to his family and they said okay. So your marriage will be at anytime soon." Mom declared.

My whole world crumbled at her words. How easily she said those words I dreaded to hear my whole life. Tears which had already formed and waiting for the moment to burst out, came pouring down my cheeks.

"We spoilt you by being so friendly with you Amaira." My dad literally spat those words. I have a feeling that he smelt that I was in love.

Friendly? In which life? I never experienced such a feeling from you dad.

I know my parents love me but since they loved the society more than me, they placed too many restrictions on my life. If I tried breaking it they would blackmail to disown me. So I eventually cultivated the habit of being submissive and obedient and stopped desiring to break the restriction.

I say yes to whatever my parents say and in the case of others, I say yes the majority of the time. This time I can't let them win. I gathered all my courage which I didn't know existed in me and said, "But Mom, I'm already in love with someone else."

I had kept my eyes shut close afraid to say it looking into their eyes. It was silent for a few seconds before I felt a stinging pain in my cheeks. I opened my eyes to realise my mom had slapped me.

My dad pulled my mom's wrist and asked her to sit. The last thing I would be wanting is to cry while confessing that I'm doing things I love, to my parents. But I'm helpless as I had already cried half a bucket.

"Amaira." Dad called at I looked at him.

"Do you think you can fool your parents and roam around with some boy in the name of love?" His voice was stern and hard that it made my earache.

I wanted to answer his question but didn't, as I knew he wasn't anticipating for me to answer.

"Every parent will know if their child is in love with someone. We knew it a long time back but gave you enough time to play around and stop. You didn't stop and so you brought this marriage upon yourself." He continued.

"I wasn't playing around Dad." I cried.

"I don't care my child." He said in a surprisingly calm tone. "You would have had the chance of selecting your life partner from the proposals I bring if it were an arranged marriage. But you chose to love and I was forced to choose a groom for you without your knowledge."

He spoke as if he was a victim which aggravated me more. I already knew my pleas wouldn't be heard even if it is heard it wouldn't be granted. I was going to lose this argument no matter how meaningful my argument is. I had no other chance than to accept defeat. I looked at the photo in my hand and wished the person on the picture also has someone he loves or dies before marriage.

"Okay Daddy. I'll marry him." I spoke after a long time. It is better to accept soon than aggravating my Dad further. I shouldn't be grounded so that I can stop this marriage somehow.

"Good that's my girl." He said smiling.

I ran back to my room and shut the door close. Three hours had passed and I sat in front of the mirror looking at me crying, all along. I wanted to kill myself for not being to speak up in front of my parents. I imagined fighting with my dad and even blackmailing him to kill myself if he doesn't get me married to Arav. I wanted to create a scene very badly but deep inside my foolish heart didn't want my parents to get hurt. If I were to choose between my parents and Arav, I knew I would choose my parents in the end.

After deep thinking, I decided to meet my so-called husband to be and beg him to stop the marriage. I don't feel confident and I doubt myself if I would be able to convince him. If he begs me back to marry him for some reason I don't know if I will be able to deny him without feeling guilty. He did no mistake but I'm going to make him suffer.

I prayed to God that my fiance doesn't like me and also he isn't someone like me who can't refuse his parent's words. I drifted off to sleep with those thoughts running in my mind on loop.

_________________________________

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

1.6M 17.6K 9
*An arrange marriage Romance* ****************************************** Start : 04/Jan/2023 end : 16/June/2023 Warning ⚠️ This story containin...
8.3K 814 36
"You know what? If murdering a person was legal, i would have killed you without any second thoughts." He said in frustration. "And you know what? I...
340K 18.7K 46
Neither She is a Damsel in Distress nor She need a Knight in Shining Armour #highest ranking 4 in India Falling in love is easy, staying in love is t...
149K 8.5K 62
"Look what I have become in your love! Every time you are around me it makes me go crazy ! I can't even think of a future that you won't be a part of...