A Strange School and A Boy Na...

By likeitallthetime_

You thought transferring to a new high school would be hard to say the least, but when you meet a special bro... More

Chapter 1

69 6 14
By likeitallthetime_

(y/n): your name
(y/l/n): your last name
(y/h/l): your hair length
(y/h/c): your hair color

"I felt the hate rise up in me..."

I groaned and rolled out of bed. I thought that setting my alarm to one of my favorite radio stations would help me wake up. Turns out I was wrong.

It's my first day at a new high school in Houston, Texas called "Cypress Ridge". I was originally from Raleigh, North Carolina but my father had received a job promotion that required me and him to move states away.

My father worked as a pediatrician. His new job didn't seem to be much better than his last job, but I'm not the one working there so I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject.

After I got out of bed, I checked the time on my alarm clock. I have to be at the bus stop by 7:00 and it was 6:15 right now. I decided to take a shower before going downstairs to eat breakfast.

The house we moved into was huge. Even though it was just my dad and I, we had moved into a 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom, two story home. His job paid very well, which I've always been extremely grateful for.

My bedroom had its own walk in closet and full bathroom. I walked across my room and opened the bathroom door. While cleaning myself up, I listened to A Fever You Can't Sweat Out by Panic! At The Disco. It was definitely one of my favorite albums of all time.

Stepping out of the shower, I put my (y/h/l) (y/h/c) hair into a towel hat. I danced around my room as I applied deodorant and put on my outfit.

For my first day of school I had to decided to wear a pair of loose green cargo pants, a black tank top, a pair of black combat boots, a tattoo choker, and a necklace with a lock on it. It was a simple outfit, but it was one of the ones I felt the most confident in.

I finished getting dressed and took my hair out of the towel. My (y/h/c) locks fell down my back and swung across my smooth skin. I brushed it out and walked out of my room.

"Y/n! I have breakfast ready!"

"Okay dad," I called back.

"Did you sleep well last night," my father asked when I arrived downstairs. He was facing me behind the bar in the kitchen while putting three pancakes that appeared to have chocolate chips in them on a paper plate.

"Surprisingly, yes," I responded as I grabbed my plate and silverware from my dad and pulled out a chair at the kitchen table. I sat down with my pancakes and started cutting into them. Seconds later, my dad joined me at the table with his plate. We sat in silence, the only sound coming from our mouths as we chewed.

I stood up from my chair and threw away my empty plate.

"Okay, I'm going to go upstairs, grab my stuff, and walk out to the bus stop."

My dad walked over to me and gave me a huge hug.

"Alright, honey. I'll be home from work around 7:00 tonight... You'll be fine until then right?"

"Don't worry about me. I'll be perfectly fine."

My dad sighed and let me go.

"Well, go get your stuff," he said with a hint of poignancy in his voice.

I ran up the stairs, grabbed my backpack, and checked the time. 6:50. Perfect timing.

I walked back downstairs, said a quick goodbye to my dad, and walked out the door.

The bus stop was a block and a half away. When I approached the corner it was 6:55. No one else was there yet, so I decided to listen to some music. I plugged in my headphones and shuffled the music on my iPod.

Other than me, the corner was completely deserted when the bus finally arrived. The doors creaked open and the bus driver gave me a warm smile.

"Take a seat anywhere, darling."

I smiled back and muttered a quick, "thanks". Everyone looked up at me as I started walking down the aisle. This was a small community so it was obvious that I was a newcomer.

I took the only empty seat towards the middle of the bus and continued listening to my music.

I didn't pay attention as the other students entered the bus. When the bus arrived in loop, I was the last one to get off.

I looked up at the school and sighed.

"So this'll be my school for the next three years," I thought to myself. At least I didn't have to continue at the hellhole that was my previous high school.

To say that Tucker High School was unbearable was an understatement. I was bullied pretty bad but that didn't bother me. What bothered me was the smell and general state of the school. The bathrooms constantly reeked of cheap alcohol and weed. Most of the teachers were pedophiles and would sleep with the students for "extra credit". Hopefully Cypress Ridge will be better.

I kept my head down as I walked through the halls to the main office. This school definitely smells better than my last one.

"Excuse me, ma'am," I said in a quiet voice as I walked up to the front desk. "I'm new here and I was wondering if I could have a copy of my schedule."

"Oh of course, darling! What's your name?"

The faculty is also a lot better than the faculty at my last school.

"It's (y/n)(y/l/n)."

The office attendant immediately broke out into a smile. "That's a gorgeous name, sweetie! Let me just run to the back and grab your schedule."

She came back about a minute later with a sheet of paper in her hand. Handing me the schedule, she sat back in her blue rolling chair.

"Okay so the first column shows the time you need to be at the class, the second shows the teacher, the next shows the subject, and the last shows the room number," she explained to me while pointing to the different columns.

As she was explaining a boy with long-ish brown, curly hair walked in. He was a few inches taller than me and looked like someone I'd be friends with at my old school. You know, if I had friends.

"Mr. Wood! I'm so glad you walked in when you did! Would you mind showing (y/n) here around the school? She just started here and doesn't know how to get to her classes or locker."

The brown haired boy smiled.

"Absolutely, ma'am," he said enthusiastically. I wonder what class he was missing to do this. Probably a bad one, based on how happy he was to be missing it.

"Great! Here's your schedule and this is your locker combination and number!" She handed me the paper and a pink sticky note.

As the boy and I walked out of the office he started making conversation with me.

"So... your name is (y/n), correct," he asked and looked at me curiously.

"Yep. I never caught yours though."

He smiled. "It's Otto. Otto Wood. Do you mind showing me your schedule so I can see which classes we have together?"

"Oh yeah, of course," I said as I handed him my schedule.

"Great! We have second, third, fifth, and sixth period together! You'll obviously only catch the end of first period but I can still walk you there!"

"Sweet!" I exclaimed. We walked through the halls in silence after he showed me to my locker and my first few classes.

"Starting a new school in October must be rough... why'd you move here? I mean, unless it's personal which in that case you don't have to tell me", he said, stammering through the last sentence.

"Oh no it's fine," I laughed. "My dad got a better job here so we moved."

"Ah," he said.

We finished walking through the school. We were outside of our first class, which was math. There were 30 minutes until class ended.

"Well that's the end of our wondrous journey," he sighed. "I'll see you in English though! Bye, (y/n)!"

"Bye, Otto! It was nice meeting you!"

He was really nice and nothing like the kids at Tucker. I sighed and opened the door to the math class, which was led by someone named Mr. Marts.

All heads shot up as I walked into the room. All except one.

"Ah! Miss (y/l/n)! I've been expecting you," he said cheerfully. He directed his attention towards the rest of the students. "Class, this is our new student, (y/n) (y/l/n)!"

He turned his attention back to me. "You can sit next to Mr. Knight."

He pointed to a brown haired boy with bleached tips.

This was the boy who didn't look at me when I walked into the room. As I walked over I noticed he had headphones in. That explained it.

He was wearing a Good Charlotte shirt, black skinny jeans, and a studded belt. On his feet he wore a pair of black tattered converse with colored tape all around the edges.

As I pulled out the chair to the seat next to him he unplugged his earbuds and looked up at me confused.

I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"Are you new here, or something?"

———————————————————————————

Hey guys! So this is the first chapter of my new story! I love Waterparks and I love high school au's so I thought, why not make an account and write one! I made it a self insert because I know we've all wondered what it would be like to date a member of the band.

If you have any questions about me or the story please leave them in the comments section of this paragraph! I love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 12.6K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
700K 11.3K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
125K 3.5K 54
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1M 35K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...