Better Together

By soleOnyx

|Steven x Male reader| This story follows Y/n, a young boy. His mother had given up her physical form to give... More

Prologue
A new life
The Breaking and Formation of Bonds
When It Rains
Too Far
Steven's Birthday
Message Received
Gem Drill
Mr. Greg
A blossomed Endearment
Gem Hunt
Crack The Whip
Bismuth
Ease Of Winds
Pride Month Special
Above The Earth's Sky
A Mission For 2
Mindful Education
A Busy November
Steven's Dream
Galactic Retrieval
Storm In The Room
The Quest For Destiny
Onyx's Truth
Goodbye...Friend
Invasion
Wanted
Gemcation
It Feels Like Christmas
Can't Go Back
A Single Pale Rose
Now We're Only Falling Apart
With Ruby As The Goal
Made Of Honor
Reunited
Sacrifice and Beyond
Diving Into New Territory
Homeworld Struggles
Change Your Mind
Breath Of Life

The Whispers In My Head

1.7K 59 4
By soleOnyx

Y/n POV

It's night right now, Steven is fast asleep while I'm sitting up on the couch. I've been having trouble sleeping lately, I can't get this damn voice out of my head. Every time I go to sleep, I wake to find myself in this white place, with a figure floating near me. I don't know who they are, or really what they are for that matter, but I know that I can't seem to get rid of it. It started happening the day we took Peridot to the Kindergarten. I haven't told Steven or the gems about it because I don't want to add more problems to their lives, but I don't know how to make this stop.

*Brief flashback to the Kindergarten*

"Shoot we're in trouble, I gotta do something quick!" I said to myself.

"Can you hear me?" A voice says.

"Open your eyes human child."

I decided to go to sleep and just hope to forget about it. A little after I doze off, I feel lighter, almost like I'm floating through the air. I open my eyes to the white place again, but something is different. The figure is there as if it was waiting for me. "Who are you, and why do I keep coming back to this damn place?!" I scream at the figure, but it doesn't seem to flinch.

"There is a purpose for everything, and everyone. You aren't coming here of some unnatural occurrence, but of your own free will" The voice says.

"Just cut with philosophical crap and tell me who you are already!" I demand, now getting irritated. The figure lets out a sigh and floats closer to me.

"My name...is Osiris" The voice says. 

"I want to give you something. A gift, or a blessing as some might call it. Stick out your hand, Y/n" Osiris tells me. 

I do as I'm told and he grabs my hand while closing his eyes. He tells me that I might feel a little something and should brace for a shock. "What do you mean a sho- ARGH, WHAT THE HECK?" I scream in pain. It hurt so badly, like something with really sharp fingers was just crawling on my body. I look down at my right hand to see a weird symbol on my palm, it's like a blue engraved diamond. "What on earth- What's this symbol for?" I ask Osiris.

"It's a gift from me to you. Call it a powerup if you may, but it's not something one would so easily possess. Consider yourself lucky." Osiris tells me. 

I started getting light headed, and was having trouble standing up.

"You're going to wake up soon. When you do, you're going to see some things that no one else will. Follow the hallucinations, it's important to your discovery." Osiris says.

"And know this, those who embrace the power and walk amongst the gods, shall know what it's truly like to feel pain. Rest easy now, human child." Osiris finished.

After he says that, I wake up exactly where I was sleeping, but it's still the middle of the night. I see a cyan-tinted figure walking along the beach and assume that's the hallucination that Osiris is talking about. I look down at my hand and see that the symbol is still there, before deciding that it's best to follow the hallucination.

"I really got myself in a pickle, haven't I?" I chuckled to myself. I quietly exited the temple and followed the hallucination across the beach. Whenever I reached the end of where it would take me, another one would appear. It felt like hours upon hours I was just following these things. When the hallucinations finally disappeared, I was in the middle of some kind of desert? I look around to see an abandoned looking building with a symbol on the front...the exact symbol on my hand.

"This has to be the place" I said. I walk towards the entrance of the building and head inside. It looked a lot bigger on the outside, but in the center was some kind of mechanism. I studied it for a bit before realizing all I had to do was push some kind of lever. A door opened and out came this giant gem guardian.

"OH MY GOD YOU'RE MASSIVE!" I yelled, as the gem approached me. It let out a loud roar and prepared to attack. "How do I even use this thing? Osiris didn't say a word about it." I said as I summoned my dagger and tried to attack the large gem. Everything I tried seemed to have no affect on it, and it got to a point where I was about to accept my fate.

"Breathe, Y/n. Control your emotions, it's going to be fine." A voice said.

"You need to feel the will of Its existence to manifest within you." Another voice said. 

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I could feel it, something was radiating throughout my body. The diamond on my hand glowed, and it started to expand. I felt stronger, faster, and able to think more. "TAKE THIS!" I yelled, while launching an arrow clapped bolt of lightning at the gem. It was similar to the one I first made, only this was much larger. I concentrated something in my hand, and a ball of light started to form. It was like a confined black hole just swirling around, but in my hand.

"I'll call it...'Singularity blast', that's got a nice ring to it." I said while jumping to their head to slam it into them. The gem groaned in pain and latched onto me. I tried to escape it's grasp but it grabbed my left hand and it started biting it. "OW! Let go you son of a-" I was saying as it continued to bite. I yanked my hand out as hard as I could and it bit off 2 of my fingers. "OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD!" I cried in agony while clutching my hand. The gem eventually poofed as it was exhausted from all the damage. I was about to pass out from all of the pain, when I noticed the diamond on my hand was taking its normal shape. Suddenly, there was a bit of a burning feeling in my hand, but I looked over to see no traces of blood. The mark had somehow healed my injury, but left only half of my 2 fingers there since they were bit off. It felt weird to the touch, but I would have to get used to only having 8 fingers and half of 2.

"Jesus...I need to get back now. I'm done with all of this." I said with heavy breaths as I got up and walked out. I could barely walk from all the residual side effects of the battle, and felt like vomiting. Eventually I couldn't take anymore of it and just fainted.

Steven POV

I woke up to a sun-shiney morning where the birds were chirping. I happily hummed to myself as I went to go say hi to Y/n. I looked over at the couch but he wasn't there. "Huh? That's odd, he's usually still here by now." I said, confused. I went to go look for him but couldn't find a trace anywhere. I figured maybe dad would know, so I went to go ask him. "Good morning dad!" I yelled as I ran over to the car wash. "Oh, mornin' Schtu-ball!" Greg said back. "What brings you here?" "I was wondering if you've seen Y/n anywhere, he wasn't in the temple where he normally was" I said. "No, I haven't. Have you asked the gems?" Greg said.

"No, they're all working on the drill in the barn" I replied. "Want a ride over? I got nothing better to do" Greg asked me. "Sure!" I said. We drove over to the barn and went to see if Y/n was working on the drill. I searched around everywhere for him but I couldn't see him at all. "Are you looking for something Steven?" Pearl asked me while I frantically searched. "I can't find Y/n anywhere, he wasn't at the temple or here and it's not like him to just disappear." I said. I then had a really good idea which was to ask Garnet to use her future vision.

"Garnet! Can you use your future vision to find Y/n?" I asked. Garnet nodded before looking into the future. "To tell you the truth, I have no idea where he could be" Garnet said sternly. I began to get worried that something might have happened to him, so I asked dad to drive me back to the temple. The gems insisted on coming with me since they too were concerned about Y/n's safety. "He can't use the warp pad...can he?" Greg asked. "Y/n has a gem, so by that logic he can use the warp pad" Garnet replied. We decided that maybe he went somewhere using the warp pad and went through every place possible.

"Not masque Island...not the strawberry battlefield...he couldn't go to the hub since that pad is broken...I don't know where he could be!" I said, getting really upset. "Yo, we still haven't checked the forest and the desert" Amethyst said. "Alright then, Amethyst and Pearl can check the forest, while Garnet and I can check the desert" I said, wanting to hurry this up. "Okay then Steven, lead the way." Garnet told me. We warped to the desert and searched around for a while but couldn't find a trace of him anywhere.

"Garnet...do you think he's okay?" I said, getting teary eyed. Garnet kneeled down and wiped my tears while giving me a small smile. "Y/n is a tough kid, I know for sure he can handle himself if something goes wrong" She told me. I felt a little better knowing that Garnet says he'll be okay. We continued walking for a bit, and that's when I saw something. "Hang on, what's that?" I said, pointing to something lying on the sand. We walked closer to it before I realized that it wasn't something, but actually someone. "IT'S Y/N!" I exclaimed with tears of joy. I ran over to give him a hug but he seemed really dazed.

"Woah...not so rough Steven" Y/n said softly. He looked like he was about to vomit so I helped him up, but he could barely walk. I looked over to see his hand, but something was different about it. "Oh my god...Y/n what happened to you?" I asked. "Got into a fight with something...it bit off my fingers..." He replied. I almost wretched at the thought of that, but I needed to make sure he was okay. Garnet picked Y/n and I up and she dashed to the warp pad. We warped back but Pearl and Amethyst were still out, so we'll have to tell them we found him. Dad was sitting inside when he saw us come back.

"Did you find-" Greg was saying before he noticed Y/n. "What happened to him?!" Greg exclaimed. "I don't know, he just mentioned some kind of fight with something but he's too tired to say anything else." I replied, worried if he was gonna be okay. Garnet put him on the couch and asked us to stay with him while she went to find the others to work back on the drill. I sat next to Y/n on the couch, while dad made some soup for him. Y/n didn't say much but he just kept staring at his hands.

"Does it hurt that much?" I asked. He just nodded his head and said nothing. "If I had my healing powers...maybe I could-" I started to say, but Y/n cut me off. "You can't heal this, it's the result of something healing it itself. It burned a lot, but this is how it is." Y/n mumbled. I felt so bad for him, and I had no idea what to do. Apart from the fact that he was missing 2 fingers, I saw some kind of blue thing on his right palm. I was gonna ask him about it, but decided now wasn't the time. I pulled him onto my chest and slowly rubbed his back, while giving him a kiss on the head.

"Don't worry Y/n, everything's gonna be alright" I said, trying to reassure him. He just leaned into my touch and hugged me back. Dad finished the soup and gave him a bowl. "Here you go, try to eat whatever you can" Greg said, rubbing his neck. "Thanks, Greg." Y/n said softly. Y/n ate some of the soup to the best of his ability before looking ready to pass out. "Here you go, Y/n." I said while giving him a blanket. "Thanks" Y/n replied. I looked over and noticed that he was shivering a lot. "Is it too cold in here?" I asked. "No...I'm just a little cold in general" Y/n said. I gave him a soft smile before laying down next to him and snuggling with him. Y/n blushed at this but leaned into me.

"Feel better?" I said to a sleepy Y/n. "Yeah..." He replied, and promptly fell asleep. I snuggled into him more before closing my eyes and falling asleep too. Dad smiled at the 2 of us before giving me a kiss on the head. "Those 2 really are meant for each other, huh?" Greg said to himself, before leaving to let us sleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

281K 7.2K 64
You are one of a kind. Well, at least that's what your father said. Not in a good way tho. Ever since you were born to Earth, all of the blames was...
114K 2.6K 15
( This story follows the movie plot, so if you didn't watch don't read it. !!Spoiler alert!! ) 2 years later, everything was perfect. Steven has gott...
9.5K 346 17
You are an absolutely impossible being. A Jaspilite gem, shattered thousands of years ago, your shards inherited by various organic beings throughout...
6.2K 134 15
Second Lapidot Book because why not? Have fun :3! (Warning) Suicide, bad language, depression and maybe some nsfw? Idk if that's important. Sorry fo...