Roses Are Red

By naeguji

Bungou Stray Dogs One Shots :) feel free to request More

Requests/Intro UPDATED
Fond of You (Dazushi)
Sweet Obliviousness (Ransushi)
Happy Birthday, Chuuya (Chuuatsu)
Love Potion (Dazushi)
Happy Birthday, Atsushi (Dazushi)
1, 2, 3 (Soukoku)
A Beautiful Princess (Dazatsu)
The Agency's Kitten (Dazushi)
Dazai's Pet (Dazushi)
I Remember (Dazushi)
Set Up (Soukoku)
Happy Birthday To Me (Dazatsu)
My God (ShinSoukoku)
The Art Of Seduction (Shinsoukoku)
Drunk and In Love (Dazatsu)
Sidetracked(Chuuatsu)
Taunting (Fyozai)
Voodoo (Dazatsu) Pt. 1
Beautiful (Shinsoukoku)
Blood and Lust (Dazatsu)
Ropes (Chuuatsu)
Voodoo (Dazatsu) Pt. 2
Say You Love Me (Ransushi)
Watch Your Mouth (Ransushi)
Valentines Day (Ransushi)
Voodoo (Dazatsu) ALTERNATE ENDING
No Need To Lie (Sigmaki)
Rendered Speechless (Dazatsuchu)
Make The Touch Go Away (Dazatsu)
Indifferent Because You Want Me To Be (Ranpoe)
An Interesting Turn Of Events (Polydecay+Shibusawa)
The Wedding (Shinsoukoku)
❗️❗️IMPORTANT PLEAse rEAD I BEG.
Forgive Me, Lord (Dazatsu)
Jealousy Is Love (Shibufyo)
Teacher's Pet (ShibuFyo)
Twenty Three (Dazatsu)
Boy Friends (Soukoku)
A Difficult Case (Chuuran)
Designed For You (Soukoku)
24 Hours (Shibufyo)
The Need To Shed Blood (Shibufyo)
Prey and Its Predator (Shibufyo)
A Dragon's Pet (Shibufyo)
Compensation (Soukoku)(Shibufyo)
An Incu- Succubus (Shibufyo)
Look Pretty (Soukoku)
Look Pretty (pt. 2)(Soukoku)
Accidental Expiriment (Shibufyo)
Run Away With Me (Shinsoukoku)
Feel Me (Shibufyo)
Royal Affairs (Shibufyo)
Polar Opposites (Shibufyo)
Cleanliness (Dazatsu)
Ruin Me (Dazatsu)
The Waist Alone Is Ten Grand (Dazatsu + lots of others but primarily dazatsu)
Soft and Warm (Dazatsu)
The God Of Pleasure (Dazatsu)
Its Dark Out (Tsumori)
Seven Minutes In Heaven (Ranatsu)
Request Stuff!
Weasel (Tsumori)
No more updates

Hide and Seek (Ranpoe)

3.5K 74 23
By naeguji

(AU: an AU where there are two groups of people: hiders and seekers. That's represented by permanent marks on their necks. If a seeker tells a hider "you're it", the hider dies.)

(Word Count: 3893)

(Warnings: kinda spicy but just neck stuff-)

-

Ok.. you can do this, Poe. Just don't think about it too much. It looks realistic... it's ok. He huffed as he checked his neck in the mirror. The makeup definitely looked convincing. Normally, a red mark would be on his neck, representing that of a hider. But he'd covered it up pretty good with make up, placing a fake blue mark on his neck. If anyone saw him, they should think he's a seeker.

Of course, this decision of living the life of a seeker.. he'd have to leave everyone he knew behind. In fact, he probably would have to leave the state. To one on the other side of the country. After all, if he stayed here with people who knew him, there was a higher chance of a seeker discovering Poe's true identity as a hider. He sighed softly. Waterproof make up... ok. He put his hands together. You can do this..

He had been planning this for many many months now. Poe had already packed all of the necessary belongings. He wouldn't be bringing along anything that he didn't need. He wanted to start a new, fresh, safe life. In a place where he didn't have to worry about dying. As long as no one looked at him and said 'found you', specifically to him... he'd be safe.

There were a couple flaws to this plan. If someone was looking for him and needed something and ended up saying 'found you' to him. He bit his lip, a hand to his chin. How could he possibly avoid that..? Of course... the words had to be by themselves. "I found you", or anything like that- that wouldn't kill him. So.. in the end did he truly need to worry?

There was also the theory that the seeker had to have the intent to kill for the words to actually work. But— that hadn't been tested. The higher ups of the hiders society made sure that there would be no possibly way for seekers to get in. Which meant- it would be a bit of a hassle for Poe to get out.

But, he had made it look like he was a seeker. So maybe upon seeing him try to leave, they'd hastily let him. The boy picked up his brief case. He would be leaving everything behind. And hey, if the life of a seeker becomes— awful? He could always come back.. yeah..

The messy haired male left his house. He locked his door, still, of course. If he needed to come back he couldn't just let someone break in, could he? Poe got in his car, starting it up. Despite this being a hider town with high security, the streets were always quiet. At most there were fifteen to twenty people walking around at one time. He hated it. How they were forced and expected to live in fear.

He just took a deep breath, and drove. For hours. Upon hours.. he stopped for gas once or twice, and got some food and drinks of course. He wasn't even sure what seeker town he would end up stopping in.. so to be quite honest it might cost a hell of a ton of money.

He got to the large 50 feet stone wall. Completely smooth. No cracks or dents in it. They always made sure that if there were it was quickly fixed. No seeker could climb on. No surprise that the line to leave the state wasn't long at all. In fact, he was the only one there.

Poe drove up to a large box with a window. "..." a boy with white hair, and a large black.. collar type thing was around his neck. But it looked like some sort of device, a green blindly light on it. The name tag read "Atsushi Nakajima". The boy's mark was covered by said device. And he looked miserable. "Reason for departure?" The male asked, looking to Poe.

Poe simply looked back. Atsushi's eyes softened as they landed on the boy's neck. "..." he stepped out of his booth, kneeling down by the window to talk to him. "...I tried that.." he spoke softly. "That's why I have to wear this..." he pointed to the device. Atsushi Nakajima had put on fake makeup to escape this hellish society. But he was found out before he could leave. For safety purposes of him never doing that again, the device was around his neck.

Poe had only met two other people like that. "..." Poe frowned. Would Atsushi... report him? Would he have to wear one of those God awful devices around his neck? "Good luck." Atsushi whispered, before going back into his box and opening the gate. Atsushi had never had a chance to escape from here. He wanted someone to be able to, at least.

"...thank you." Poe murmured softly to the boy, before driving through the large metal gates. He was out now. Free. Hopefully..

Poe drove for.. days, probably. He did stop at a couple gas stations. All run by seekers. But he was treated completely normal by them. In fact, he found that prices for things were a lot cheeper than when he lived as a hider.

After probably about four days of driving, he finally came across a town he decided he wanted to stay in. He managed to rent an affordable apartment. It was- so comfy. It was only three rooms. Main room, bathroom and bedroom. But it was nice. Comfy.. a lot nicer than his home back in the hider state.

Poe unpacked his clothes into the drawers, sighing softly. The only issue now is that he only had money enough to rent the apartment for two months. He needed to find a stable job or multiple jobs in that time frame..

Hopefully he could put his writing skills to use here...

He sighed. But making books wasn't cheap... no. He needed to find a stable job.

Poe rested for the rest of the day. Obviously such a long time in a car would— wear someone out.

He was free now. And he needed to remember to regularly apply makeup fo his neck.

The next morning, Poe got up pretty late. He's fix his sleep schedule later. He took a shower and got dressed, stretching his arms and sighing. Today... he'd be looking for job interviews.

He honestly had— been able to get quite the amount of job interviews. Sadly, he was rejected from about half because he didn't "look good enough". Basically restaurants who wanted to attract in customers with cute employees. They didn't consider Poe cute, apparently. //How does it feel being fucking blind—//

  Regardless, he soon ended up interviewing for a job as a cashier worker at a small shop. It would pay just enough for him to pay rent each month, as well as buy necessary food.

  Sure, his ability— pretty much meant nothing. It didn't help the job, he couldn't put it to use. In fact, he quite honestly preferred it that way. To keep it hidden.

  Poe would work during the day, staying overtime too. Taking as many shifts as he could get while he would sit at home and work on writing with whatever spare time he had left.

Which meant he hardly spent time eating, sleeping or showering. He told himself it would all be worth it because in the end he'd be able to live his dream of being an author. It would take some time but.. it would be worth it. It had to be.

  Maybe three months later.. Poe had made no friends. He'd finished a book, but it wasn't officially published. He believed... it was good. He decided it would be ok to take a little break from working himself to death. The male had decided to take— a rather calming walk near a river.

  Until he heard fast footsteps running closer and closer to him, and inaudible shouting. He turned around quickly only to get shoved to the ground by some guy... a knife held to his throat. "Car keys. Now."

My cars like 6 miles from here— Instead, Poe quickly opened his book and shoved it in the other guy's face, activating his ability.

Well... he's gone now. At least until Poe says otherwise. Or until he solves his intricate puzzle. Have fun with that.

When Poe looked up, he was met with a boy. To be quite honest, he looked around seventeen. But for some reason eh was able to tell he was probably just about as old as himself. The blue mark on his neck. "Woahh, that's quite the ability you've got there!" The boy had spikey black hair, his eyes were closed, dressed as though a detective of some kind.

"...yeah." Poe blinked a couple times, slowly standing up. He was- a lot taller than the boy.

"Would you kindly let him back out so I can properly arrest him?" He chimed.

"Are... you sure he won't just attack...?"

"Yup! Totally sure!"

Poe was wondering how exactly he could be so sure. Regardless... he truly didn't see any reason the not do so. Ah but wait- yes he did.

"If you think him and me are working together, you're completely wrong." He huffed, poking Poe's forehead. Or at least where he assumed his forehead was based on all the hair covering his face.

"Well— I don't exactly know that." Poe murmured, slowly standing up.

"I'll make you a deal!" He put his hands together. "If you let him go I'll give you a snack!"

"Oh well in that case,"

"Wait really?"

"Absolutely not." Poe huffed. "What kind of trade is that?"

"Two snacks."

"No!"

"Three snacks?"

"No!"

"Ok, this is a prime deal right here... four snacks."

"I'm not exchanging snacks for a criminal. That makes no sense." Poe huffed. "I still don't even know who you are or if I can trust you." He mumbled.

"Eeeeuhg, it's always nice to be really skeptical just in case but it's so annoying when it happens to you." The boy sighed. "Why don't we start with introductions before we go anywhere else? My name is Ranpo Edogawa." The shorter male held out his hand for the other to shake.

"...my name is.. Edgar Allen Poe." He murmured, taking his hand to shake it.

"You an author, Poe?" He tilted his head, curiously looking at the book. Obviously, if your ability was something like that, you would assume that person was an author. Or something similar.

"I am.." He slowly nodded.

"So, you're probably new around here, right? I don't think I've seen you before, which explains why you don't know who I am and don't trust me." He held up a finger with a smile. "I'm apart of the Armed Detective Agency!" He showed him his badge.

"...what's that?" Well, it was exactly what it sounded like of course but— what was so special about detectives who were armed Aha?

"Haa!? There's no way you haven't heard of us! Any seeker nation has heard of us!" He puffed, crossing his arms.

"Ah... sorry..?" Poe obviously wasn't about to reveal he was a hider. The other just seemed so disappointed that he didn't know who he was, or even what his little organization was.

"It's fine." He sighed, standing on his tip toes to pat him on the head. Poe just- blinked a couple times. "So!" Ranpo grinned. "About that criminal! I showed you my badge confirming who I was, yeah?"

"I... suppose so.." Poe slowly nodded. "Ok.. if you say so." He murmured, slowly opening the book and letting the criminal out. Who was honestly confused and before he knew it was handcuffed.

"You're under arrest~!" Ranpo chimed happily. As if he'd just won a game of tag, or something.

What an odd guy.

"You! Author man person writer." He pointed to Poe with a grin.

"Ah- uhm- yeah-?" Poe blinked a couple times.

"...come with me!" Ranpo grabbed his wrist and practically dragged him with wherever they were going.

"H-hey-!"

To be quite honest... from there, his entire life completely changed. Ranpo had ended up bringing him back with him to the agency. They simply thanked him for his help and Poe took his leave. He wasn't quite sure why he needed to go back anyways. Maybe Ranpo just wanted to prove who he was, or something?

  A few weeks later, Ranpo showed up to his job, asking if he... wanted a job. A better one than a cashier. He obviously declined when he told him it was the detective agency. And he simply said that it was fine and he had another job idea for him. Well... Poe said he'd decide to check it out with him on Sunday, the one day he never had work.

  And that's what he did. Of course, Ranpo had lead him right into the test for becoming agency member. Poe didn't exactly know, of course. And he was pretty surprised when he learned. He didn't exactly think of himself as a good person so when he passed it was.. definitely a surprise.

  And then that night, Ranpo took him out to celebrate. He'd met- most of the other members. All of which seemed either incredibly kind or incredibly scary. Though there were a few who were a combination of both.

  Regardless, it seemed that... Poe was now apart of the agency. Definitely- interesting. He did feel bad for having to quit his job. "So, hey, what kind of books do you write?" Ranpo asked with a smile, as he sipped on his shake.

  "Ah.." Poe hummed quietly, tapping his fingers against his own shake. "Mystery, mostly... detective themed books." It was quite funny, how coincidental that was.

  "I assume you've been writing for a long time, Mhm?" Ranpo tilted his head. "I wonder why I haven't heard of you... where are you from?" He tilted his head, putting the cherry on top of the shake in his mouth.

  "Mm..." Poe really should've thought out what he would tell someone if they ever asked that. "...I travel a lot, so... I'm not really sure.. where I'd consider myself to be from." He mumbled quietly.

  "Oooh... well, you are staying in Yokohama, right?" Ranpo asked with a little half frown. If Poe didn't know any better, he might've said the other seemed scared... even sad if he left.

  "I am, yes." Poe slowly nodded. "U think I've done enough car driving for one life time." That much was most definitely true. God, within the past 3 1/2 months, Poe might've accidentally started feeling like a seeker.

  "Ah, I see!" He chimed happily with a large grin. "Well, I'm glad that you'll be staying! I'm not entirely sure why, but you've caught my interest Mr. Writer man!" Ranpo chimed.

  "Ah..." is that so? Ranpo sort of peaked curiosity in Poe as well so... guess that was something they both had in common.

  "Ha!?" Ranpo's sudden sigh in exasperation caught him off guard. "I forgot my keyyyssss!!" He whined. "Not again..."

  "Uh... how often do you- normally forget your keys..?" Poe tilted his head a little with a smol nervous smile.

  "Like... one or twice a week." He hummed.

  "Ah."

  Eventually, the small little celebration came to the end, and they were on the way home. Well— to Poe's home. Because he'd offered to let Ranpo stay with him. He wasn't mean, the other couldn't get into his house, it was late at night, of course he'd let him sleep. Though he truly didn't think about how there was only one bed, and no couch or anything for him to sleep on.

  "...hmmm?" Ranpo tilted his head. "There's no couch. Ohhh!! Ok! The floors super cozy!" He cracked his fingers before literally collapsing on the floor. At least, that's what he'd thought he do.

  "Hey-!" Poe had caught him before he hit the ground, lifting him up in his arms. Ranpo blinked a couple of times. "I'm not— that rude. You can just— sleep in my bed. I'll take the floor." Poe murmured, walking him to his room, and then placing him down on the bed.

  "Pfft— we can just share the bed, you know." Ranpo rolled his eyes, laying down after taking off his shoes.

  "Ah... are you— sure?" Poe asked, taking off his coat and his shoes, sitting down on the bed.

  "Well, you're not gonna try anything on helpless little me, are you~?"

  "No!" Poe huffed, laying down and crossing his arms. Ranpo simply giggled in response.

  "I'm kidddinnggg! I know you wouldn't." Ranpo smiled. "I trust you!" He chimed, pulling the blanket over himself. "..."

  "...you're hogging all the blanket." Poe huffed.

  "Sorryyy." Ranpo giggled.

  Poe simply sighed, turning off the lamp. He closed his eyes, using what blanket he could to cover mostly his feet and legs so the demon from under his bed didn't grab them. It was a childish fear, yes, but still one he had. Poe closed his eyes, relaxing himself. He heard a bit of shifting, assuming it was simply Ranpo trying to get comfy before he suddenly felt hands on his chest, and what he assumed was the detective's head.

  Poe's eyes opened, blinking a couple times as he looked down at him. Hiding his face...? "...don't like the dark." Ranpo murmured. He quite honestly- couldn't really sleep in the dark. Ever. He needed at least some type of light. But Poe—

  Poe made him feel safe so... he'll settle for Poe.

  Poe tilted his head, and simply put an arm around him, thinking he had childish fears like himself. And a bit of comfort would be nice. He slowly closed his eyes once more. The two boys slowly relaxed, until they drifted off into sleep. The first time in years when Ranpo had been able to sleep in such darkness.

  And here they were... about eight and a half months later. Poe had officially spent an entire year in a seeker state. And... he finally felt at home. He honestly forgot about the life of hiders and seekers, only reminding himself whenever he applied makeup. It felt so calm... so normal. Hiders were almost- never brought up. It was... great.

  "Give! Me! Attention!" Ranpo huffed, poking Poe's cheek. Ah— about three months after joining, Poe and Ranpo had gotten into a relationship. It was quite nice, fluffy, loving. "Hey! Hey! Hey!"

  "Ranpo— I'm working." Poe said with a little smile. To be quite honest, Poe always stayed a little bit after everyone was gone for nice peace and quiet. Though obviously this was different. Ranpo huffed, climbing into his lap. "Ah-!"

  "I'm more important!" He crossed his arms. "Give me kisses!"

  "Ok- ok..." Poe smiled a little and kissed his forehead. Ranpo seemed disappointed. So Poe gave him one on the lips. Still not happy. "..?"

  "Jeeez..." Ranpo huffed. "Like this!!" The shorter male put his hands on the other's shoulder, and Poe suddenly felt a soft pair of lips on his neck. His face instantly burned up.

  "!!" Poe's hands stopped moving, no longer working. Ranpo just gave a little giggle. Ah- this was his plan all along. "Sneaky..." he huffed.

  "I have no idea what you're talking about~" Ranpo swore, continuing to place soft kisses on the other's neck. It truly was cute, Poe's reactions. They were definitely lucky no one else was here.

  "H-Hey-!" Poe squeaked a little as he began to feel the other suck on his neck. It panicked him for a second. It's not like he's prepared for it!

  "Hm? Do you not like it?" Ranpo murmured quietly, pulling away from his neck. As touchy and lovey dovey as he was, if Poe didn't like it he wouldn't do it.

  "N-no— I do.." Poe quickly responded. "Just... c-caught me a little off guard..." he murmured softly.

  Ranpo just giggled a little. "Ok... well, I'm gonna do it again so..." and true to his word, he did it again. Of course now the difference was any time he'd stop for any kind of reason he'd always let him know when he'd start again. Kind..

  Poe was doing everything in his power to not let out any gasps or whimpers. It wasn't like there was anyone else in the room with them but—- ah- it was embarrassing! "Hey, did you know what I heard?" Ranpo's voice was low, changing form when he annoyingly yet cutely hassled him for attention. "I heard that the mark on your neck is a lot more sensitive than any other part.."

  As far as Poe was concerned he was wearing water proof make up. And he had been for a long time, but there was hardly a difference on the cover of water proof makeup and makeup, at least for this particular brand so... he'd accidentally gotten... a different type. He let out a soft gasp, a whimper after as he felt the other purposely attack that spot. "R-Ranpo..." he bit his lip, his arms had wrapped around the other.

  After a minute or so, the other seemed to have stopped, simply resting his head on the other's shoulder. Poe simply... assumed that he'd gotten out of breath. Quite honestly he was thankful that his hair was so messy. He could use it to cover most of the marks on his neck, and makeup to cover the rest. "...is there something you wanna tell me?" Ranpo murmured softly.

  Ranpo felt Poe completely tense up. "..." Ranpo lifted his hand to the mark, gently rubbing it with his thumb. Poe was... he had a mixture of emotions. The detective knew that... "..Hey, I'm not... gonna say it, Poe." He spoke softly, slowly wrapping his arms around his neck as if in a hugging fashion.

  "..." Poe blinked a few times. He- why not? "You're... why.." Ranpo could used this against him, was Poe's first thought. Not at all that the two were in a relationship and in love. He had just assumed all seekers wanted to kill all hiders. For no purpose other than— it's how this world worked. The human version of natural selection.

  "..." Ranpoe gently placed a kiss on the now exposed red mark. "Cmon..." The male sat up straight, positioning Poe's hair to cover it. "You should get home before somebody else sees that."

  "..." Poe truly wasn't exactly sure what he was supposed to say in this situation. But then, who even would be? "..o-ok.."

  "Did you really think I'd kill you..?"

  "...I... I dunno.."

  Ranpo just hummed in response, placing his hat on Poe's head to keep his hair in place. He then walked back to Poe's apartment with him.

  "..uh... uhm... thank you, Ranpo." He murmured softly.

  "...for not killing you?" Ranpo murmured right back. He was a little hurt the other would assume he would just kill him, as if he didn't love him.

  "...f-for— making me feel good..." Poe spoke quietly, putting a hand to his neck, a soft blush on his face. He knew Ranpo wouldn't kill him. It was silly to doubt him... and it would be silly to act as if.. those kisses and marks never happened.

  Ranpo smiled softly in return, turning once they reached the front door and gently kissing his cheek. "...no problem."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 3.2K 42
BSD reacts to random stuff. BSD belongs to Kafka Asagiri (writer) Kadokawa Shoten (publisher) Yen Press (English publisher)
288K 13.9K 34
in which you get transported to the bungou stray dogs universe.
992 7 15
This is a collection of all the one shots from my BSD au which are up on my ao3 individually. Enjoy <3 There will be smut. If you want the warning...
5.4K 78 46
°❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:ο½₯ VARIOUS BSD X READER ONE-SHOTS Works from my Tumblr! All works are fluff °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:ο½₯