WTF?! | kang taehyun

By YOONMARAJ

"WHAT THE ACTUAL F-" it was like slow-motion. i was sitting in the middle of my ap math class, when all of th... More

beginning note
playlist
prologue
01: how to catch a pervert
02: sherlock and the other one
03: ask before you kiss me
04: my name is kang taehyun
05: president of the charity club
06: newspaper boy
07: the student council
08: is she...y'know?
09: happy halloween!
10: scarf
11: coach kim
13: something about a beach trip
14: the himbo café
15: dumb & dumber
16: special guests
17: hello vacation
18: country clubs suck!
19: and a happy new year...
writer's note
characters

12: punch me

941 57 85
By YOONMARAJ

[WEDNESDAY]

"No! No!" Taehyun screamed as he ran out the bottom floor exit.
"C'mon, it's good to face your fears!" Y/N chased after him.
"Hell no!" Taehyun dashed across the campus.
"It's just a little bit of blood!" she yelled. Currently, Y/N was chasing Taehyun around the school with a bloody tissue. Moments before, Y/N had run into the club room with a bloody nose. Immediately, Taehyun got farthest away from her, which she realized. As she attempted to corner him in the club room, he escaped.

"Just stop!" Taehyun made it past the empty picnic tables and was approaching the hill before the soccer field.
"Just come here!" she ran after him. How is she so fast?! Taehyun noticed she was gaining on him. Suddenly, his foot hit a rock in the ground, catapulting Taehyun down the hill.
"Ahhhhhh~!" he screamed as he rolled down the hill. As he rolled he could see the bodies of the soccer players approaching. His rolling slowly came to a stop as he landed in the middle of the field.
"Ugh," Taehyun pressed his hands down on the grass and lifted himself up.
"Gosh," he grunted as he stood up. Woah, his balance was completely thrown off and his vision was spinning. Just when he thought he was dizzy enough, a soccer ball came flying into the air, hitting him on the head and sending him back down to the ground.

"Ow..." he groaned. He could see a pair of feet marching over to him. Suddenly, two hands grabbed his shirt by the collar aggressively.
"Get out of my shot, loser!" the person yelled. Taehyun slowly blinked out of his discombobulation. Standing above him was a boy with brown hair, tan skin, and defined muscles.
"H-Huh...?" he was confused.
"Get up!" he yelled. Taehyun was at a loss for words.
"I said get up!" the boy pulled at Taehyun's collar and swung him to his feet.
"Woah~!" Taehyun yelped as he was being manhandled.
"Sunwoo!" someone else yelled. The both of them turned. It was Yeonjun.
"I said you couldn't play with us if you were gonna be rude," Yeonjun approached them.
"I'm not being rude!" the boy argued as he gripped Taehyun's shirt.

Kim Sunwoo, a junior, famously known for being the star player of the basketball team, and infamously known for scaring his classmates. Often throwing fits of rage when things don't go his way and using force when thinks it's "necessary". Though everyone sees the self-centered and angry side of him on a daily, a small few have been the witness of a different part of him.

"Sunwoo, let go," Yeonjun told him.
"Fine," he rolled his eyes and let go of Taehyun causing him to fall right back down on the ground.
"Ow!" Taehyun exclaimed.
"I said I'd let you play with my team for the day as long as you didn't get into any fights," Yeonjun said. Sunwoo nodded.
"And that's exactly what you just did bro," Yeonjun said.
"Wha-, I didn't fight him!" Sunwoo protested.
"You got pretty close!" Yeonjun said. Sunwoo scoffed.
"Y'know what, I'm done with you losers," Sunwoo rolled his eyes.
"You and your little soft friend can play your stupid soft game of soccer and be...soft!" Sunwoo yelled and stormed off. Yeonjun just sighed and rubbed his forehead.
"This is why I don't try playing wimpy sports!" they could hear Sunwoo complaining as he walked away.
"Geez," Taehyun finally stood back up.
"Who was that?" he asked.
"That was Kim Sunwoo, he's a...character," Yeonjun said.
"I'm surprised he didn't hit you," Yeonjun laughed.
"Guess that anger management is working," Yeonjun said. Anger management?!
"That's...his progress?!" Taehyun was shocked.
"Yup, one full year of hard work," Yeonjun stretched.
"One year?!" Taehyun was practically shaking.
"I gotta get back to the club room," Taehyun sighed.
"You do that, I've got to get back to practice," Yeonjun said. Taehyun still stood in shock as the yellow-haired boy began walking away.
"Oh, Taehyun, by the way," Yeonjun turned back around to him.
"Huh?" Taehyun responded.
"Your nose is bleeding," he pointed out.
"My what...?" he froze.
"Yeah, might wanna clean that up," Yeonjun said before turning back around. Taehyun lifted his fingers up to his nose. He pulled his hand back out to his vision, to see red blood had stained it.
"Need a tissue, nosebleed-buddy?" he heard someone say behind him. Taehyun spun around. It was Y/N smiling with two pieces of tissue stuck in her nostrils.
"Ahhhhhh!" he screamed in agony.

~~~

Taehyun sat his chair spaced out.
"So he didn't punch you?" Sungmin asked.
"No," Taehyun answered.
"Slap you?" Harry June asked.
"No," he responded.
"Kick you?" Sungmin asked.
"No," Taehyun said.
"Throw you through a window?" Harry June asked.
"N-No..." Taehyun responded.
"Give you a swirly, ooh-! Or, or, a wedgie so painful, you can't feel your crotch for the next two days??" Sungmin asked.
"W-What?! No! He just threw a soccer ball at my head," Taehyun sighed.
"Wait..." Sungmin paused.
"That's it?!" Harry June and Sungmin stood up.
"Yes...?" Taehyun raised an eyebrow.
"Dude, do you know how many times I've been slammed into a wall??" Sungmin said.
"What?" Taehyun replied.
"I've had a brick thrown at my face before!" Harry June added.
"I can tell," Taehyun responded.
"Once, I got a bottle broken over my head!" Sungmin added.
"So? I think I'm missing your point," Taehyun didn't care about their major injury stories from hanging out with delinquents.
"The point is, quit being a loser baby!" Harry June said.
"W-What? You guys too?!" he was tired of hearing the word "loser" for the day.
"Seriously, you gotta step up to this guy Vice-Prez!" Harry June said.
"Yeah! Show him who's boss!" Sungmin leaned his arm on Harry's shoulder.
"Really?" Taehyun mumbled.
"Hell yeah! Here, because we are your very kind juniors, we will volunteer to help you!" Sungmin said.
"Hm..." Taehyun thought to himself.

~~~

[THURSDAY]

"You have got to be kidding me," Sungmin gasped.
"No way," Harry June was shocked.
"What?" Taehyun was confused. The three boys stood in the lunchroom. Harry June and Sungmin had snuck out of their classes to come meet up with Taehyun during eleventh grade lunch period. They had told him that the best time to confront him was during lunchtime. And so, they stood at the entranceway, staring directly at Sunwoo, who sat alone.
"Kim Sunwoo is the guy that threw the ball at you?!" Sungmin asked him.
"Yeah?" Taehyun crossed his arms.
"No wonder you were acting like a wimp," Sungmin said.
"Sorry buddy, you're on your own for this one," Harry June shook his head.
"Seriously??" Taehyun panicked.
"Yeah seriously, dude is scarier than any street rat I know!" Sungmin gulped.
"I heard that before he started taking anger management, he threw a chair at a teacher," Harry June said.
"I heard that when he was in freshman year, a snake snuck into the school and Sunwoo found it and strangled it," Sungmin said.
"I heard-," Harry June was cut off.
"Okay I think I get it now," Taehyun said. From afar, they could see Y/N approaching Sunwoo's table with her rolling-milk-basket.
"What's this?" Taehyun fixed his glasses. She tapped Sunwoo on the shoulder.
"She touched him!" Harry June jumped. Sunwoo slowly rose from his seat.
"Oh no," Taehyun was beginning to sweat. Suddenly, Sunwoo threw his arm back and then drove his fist into Y/N's cheek. The three boys panicked.
"Oh my gosh!" Sungmin clung to Harry June.
"Did he j-j-just punch Y/N in the face?!?!!!!" Taehyun's heart was beating out of his chest. No one else in the cafeteria seemed to realize since Sunwoo sat in the far corner. Y/N was still, slowly rubbing her cheek, her head still turned to the right.
"WHAT THE F-," Sungmin slapped his hand over Taehyun's mouth before he could make a scene.
"Look!" Sungmin pointed to Y/N. She held up seven fingers to Sunwoo. He nodded. She then began cracking her joints and stretching her body, whilst Sunwoo was standing there patiently.
"What is she doing?" Taehyun said.
"Yeah Y/N, fight back!" Harry June cheered her on, though of course, she couldn't hear him. But as if she had heard Harry's wish, Y/N suddenly threw a punch right back in Kim Sunwoo's face. Sungmin's jaw fell open. The three boys watched as Sunwoo wobbled in front of Y/N.
"So are they fighting or...?" Harry June scratched his head. Sunwoo slowly brought up his hands, displaying the number eight with his fingers. To which, Y/N began jumping up and down and clapping her hands together cheerfully. Sunwoo sat back down. I think I'm in the Twilight Zone, Taehyun thought. Y/N bent down to her basket and grabbed a regular milk carton. She placed the carton in front of him and he seemed to thank her with a serious face.
"I am so confused," Taehyun's eyes were wide.
"Same here," the two boys said at the same time.

~~~

The three boys stood by the club room door, waiting.
"What're you guys up to?" Hyejoo asked.
"Nunya," Sungmin said.
"What?" she smacked her gum.
"Nun' ya business," Sungmin said.
"Ugh, shut up," Hyejoo folded her arms.
"Whatever ugly," Sungmin rolled his eyes. Harry June couldn't help but laugh.
"I'm ugly?? At least me and Chaewon don't look like Gru and the minion when we're together," Hyejoo said.
"Guys let's not fight," Sungchan interrupted. They paused.
"You're lucky I don't ring you out, NPC," she said.
"Hyejoo are you and Chaewon fighting again?" Taehyun finally spoke.
"Maybe..." she trailed off.
"Figures with the attitude," he said. Just then, the door slammed open.
"Hi-dee ho!" Y/N yelled.
"Ah-!" Taehyun jumped.
"The president has arrived!" she announced as she entered the room. Chaewon and Jihan slowly walked in after her. Y/N turned to count the heads of everyone in the room.
"Full house, okay, let's start!" Y/N stood behind the podium, pulling out her usual stack of paper in the podium compartment.
"Vice Pres-," she was cut off.
"Y/N wait!" Taehyun stopped her.
"Hm?" she turned to him. The other members had already rushed to their seats and sat down.
"Uh..." he now felt nervous with the room silent.
"Earlier...in the c-cafeteria..." he said nervously.
"Oh!" Harry June exclaimed.
"We totally saw you and Sunwoo brawling in the lunchroom earlier!" Harry June beat him to it.
"Well I wouldn't say it was a brawl-," Taehyun was cut off.
"You saw that?" Y/N said.
"Y-Yeah," Taehyun scratched the back of his head.

Loud and quick footsteps could be heard approaching the club room door.
"Y/N~!" they heard a voice call. The door slid open. Surprisingly, it was Yeonjun.
"Y/N!" Yeonjun leaped at Y/N joyfully.
"No," she stopped him by pushing his face.
"Ow-!" he grabbed his face.
"Jun? What're you doing here?" Taehyun asked.
"I forgot to give Y/N my carton," Yeonjun gestured his empty milk carton. Y/N took it from his hands like it was contaminated.
"So are you guys like enemies or something?" Sungmin asked.
"What?" Jihan looked up.
"Me and Sunwoo?" Y/N asked. The three boys nodded.
"They think you guys are enemies?" Yeonjun laughed.
"They saw us greeting each other," Y/N said to Yeonjun.
"Oh," he seemed to understand something they didn't.
"Let me explain something to you guys that only I would know about Y/N," Yeonjun began smiling like a fool.

"One time, in sophomore year," Yeonjun said. He is really enjoying the fact that he's known her the longest, huh, Taehyun observed. Wait, sophomore year? So this was...after her quiet phase? Ugh, I can't keep track, he tried to divise a timeline but he wasn't fully sure.
"Sunwoo was so mad that he threw a chair at a teacher," Yeonjun said. It was true?!! Taehyun gulped.
"And everyone, including the teacher, had run out the room, and we were all watching from the doorway," Yeonjun said. Y/N was silent.
"But Y/N walked back in the room, and everyone was trying to tell her not to go in," Yeonjun was a good storyteller. I can imagine that, Taehyun thought.
"And I remember she asked him why he was so mad or something," Yeonjun said.
"And he was just telling her to get out or he'll punch her or something," he said.
"But get this, she didn't move an inch, and she said..." everyone was now engaged in the story. Even Y/N was immersed.
"Go ahead, it might make you feel better," Yeonjun smiled.
"No way!" Harry June jumped.
"Shhh! It's getting good!" Chaewon shushed him.
"But then, he hesitated! For once, he actually seemed intimidated!" Yeonjun told him.
"So then she said, I'll punch you first if you'd like," Yeonjun said. Sungmin and Jihan gasped.
"And he actually let her!" Yeonjun said.
"So they both punch each other, and it's silent, everyone was holding their breath," Yeonjun explained.
"And then Y/N told him that his punch was an eight out of ten," Yeonjun said. She rated it?
"And he said her's was a six out of ten...and they laughed!" Yeonjun said.
"So now, when they see each other, they punch each other and rate it," Yeonjun explained. The room was speechless.
"And today, I won!" Y/N finally spoke. That's right! Taehyun thought back to earlier.
"As expected of Y/N!" Jihan smiled in admiration of her.
"Ah, it's whatever!" Y/N said though her smile most definitely read the words, aren't I the best!
"Well I'm glad that you guys aren't enemies or something," Taehyun sighed.
"No, never!" Y/N smiled.

~~~

[FRIDAY]

Taehyun sighed as he opened his locker. He had just got out of his second period and it was time for lunch. As he placed his binders back in his locker, he noticed something. There was a note. What's this? he wondered as he picked it up.

school rooftop at lunchtime. be there, ALONE.
- kim sunwoo

A note from Sunwoo?! He wants to meet at the rooftop??! Taehyun's heart jumped out of his skin. Oh gosh, am I gonna get in my first school fight?! Taehyun was shaking a bit.

~~~

He slowly opened the rooftop door. This is it, right? Taehyun had never been to the school rooftop since they're almost always off-limits. As the daylight from outside blinded his vision, Taehyun braced himself. As he walked out farther, his sight was returning. With this, he could see Kim Sunwoo waiting for him. He froze. What do I do?!! he felt like a deer in headlights.
"You better be Kang Taehyun," he said loudly.
"That's m-me," he awkwardly laughed. At this point, I must be a forgettable face, he thought. Sunwoo began walking towards him. Oh no, Taehyun was preparing for the worst.
"Last time I saw you, I had thrown you on the ground from your collar and stormed off," Sunwoo stopped as he was now at a regular talking distance from Taehyun.
"Y-Yeah..." Taehyun tensed.
"And I..." Sunwoo trailed.
"I wanna..." he fiddled his hands.
"Ugh!" he rolled his eyes and expressed frustration. Taehyun flinched.
"I wanna say I'm sorry," Sunwoo mumbled. Oh...? Taehyun was frozen again. Everything fell silent as he wasn't sure what to say. Did I just teleport to a different dimension or something?
"Aren't you gonna respond dammit?!" Sunwoo yelled.
"U-Uh, yes!" he gulped.
"Well? Do you accept my apology?" he asked aggressively.
"I..." Taehyun trailed off.
"If you don't, just say that, I want the truth!" Sunwoo angrily begged him.
"No, no, I...I accept your apology man," Taehyun was spaced out.
"Really?" Sunwoo asked quietly.
"Yeah...really," he still wasn't sure what works he was in.
"Okay, thank you, you can go now," Sunwoo said. Taehyun just stood there.
"I-I said you can go!" Sunwoo yelled again.
"Right! S-See you later Sunwoo! U-Uh, bye!" Taehyun snapped out of it and ran for the door. I need to get out of here! Taehyun thought. Taehyun opened the door quickly and made it to the stairs. As the door closed behind him, he sunk to the ground. Oh my gosh, he sighed. He sat there for a second. He just...apologized to me? Taehyun realized.

~~~

Y/N walked down the courtyard along with other students. The day was over, there were no clubs, she could taste the weekend. She saw a certain someone waiting at the school gate. With that, she skipped the rest of the way to them.
"Got something for me?" she asked. They handed her their milk carton.
"Thank you, Sunwoo," she dropped it in her cart. There was a small silence.
"You did what I asked you, right?" she asked
"I said sorry to him at lunch," he said. She smiled.
"I knew you could do it!" she said. Another pause.
"Now can I please punch you?" he asked.
"Lay one on me," Y/N placed her hands on her hips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 4.8K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1M 54.2K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
304K 6.8K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
543K 11.7K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.