I Love You... Not You!

NobodyCallsMeRae

[COMPLETED] After landing herself in a coma, Raven hears everything her friends have to say when she's uncons... Еще

Author's Note
I Love You...
I Love You... Not You!

...Not You

497 10 37
NobodyCallsMeRae

Raven felt like her head would burst any moment now.

Usually, Raven was good at keeping secrets. She had, at first, kept her own past as a secret from her friends, so it came like second nature to her.

But after defeating Trigon, with the freedom to live her life as she wished, also came the freedom to feel emotions. Something, she trained to not feel from birth.

Now, both of the things were definitely not connected, but, when it's about keeping a secret... which includes emotions, Raven started to question her self control. She had to share it with someone.

As her body had already healed itself, Raven was discharged from the med-bay soon after some minor examinations by Cyborg. So now, she was currently in the common room, her mind filled with uncountable thoughts with a long forgotten cup of tea in her hands.

She suddenly heard the doors sweep open as the metallic man walked in.

'How ya' doin' Raven?' He asked nonchalantly as he opened the door of the refrigerator to look for something to eat.

'Not so good.' Raven muttered. As she saw him look up to her from the kitchen with a concerned look on his face, Raven said. 'Cyborg, I need to tell you something very important. And I also want you to promise me that you will not utter a single word to anyone else.'

'Ookaay...' Cyborg took a seat beside her on the couch. 'What's up?'

Raven looked around the room, 'Where is everybody else?'

'Well, Dick's in the training room, Star's in her room... and green bean's in the swimming room,' Cyborg suddenly looks twitchy. 'Well, he was supposed to do the groceries today, but then looks like Cy's gotta do everything!' He huffed as he raised both of his hands.

'Okay, so nobody can eavesdrop on us?' She asked, cutting him short.

'Umm... yeah, I would say that.'

'Okay.. so Vic, would you believe me if I told you that I could hear everything you all were saying this morning while I was unconscious?' Raven inhaled, 'Dick said something which is disturbing me a lot..' She said in one breath.

'What! That's crazy!' Cyborg exclaimed, disbelievingly. 'You know that's not real! You must have dreamt it...'

'Yeah, you're right,' Raven sighed, with a disturbingly innocent look on her face, 'I mean... I was asleep, so there's no way in Hell that I would know that you're dating Bumble Bee and she's your "Honey-Baby".'

'Holy shit! You actually could listen to everything while in a coma!' Cyborg's eyes widened.

'So, what did Dick tell you?' He said, trying to change the subject. Raven couldn't have been more thankful as she wanted to come straight to the point... and besides, she honestly didn't want to remember his baby talks with his girlfriend for the rest of her life.

'Okay, this is going to sound really weird... but you have to believe me.' Raven said with a serious voice. Cyborg nodded.

'Robinsaidthatheisinlovewithme!' She said in one breath, her face flushing from embarrassment.

'Robin is singing in symphony?' Cyborg raised an eye-brow. 'You might wanna slow down Raven..'

'I said..' She took a few breaths. 'Robin. Said. That. He. Is. In. Love. With. Me.'

Cyborg just looked at her for a few seconds, stunned.

After just sitting in shock for a few moments, he burst out laughing.

'Okay, Salad Head! Ya got me!' He nervously yelled, looking around the almost empty room as Raven raised an eye-brow. 'What are you doing?' She inquired.

'Well...' Cyborg started nervously, silently begging for his theory to be true. 'Didn't Beast Boy t-tell you to say that to me as a prank to get back on me?' He smiled expectantly.

Raven had a deadpan look on her face which clearly spelled out "If-you-weren't-my-friend-I-would-kill-you-now."

'Do you think that Beast Boy will ask for my help to execute a stupid prank.' Raven fumed. 'How can you even consider the fact that I would have been a part of his plan?'

'I would never see it coming?' Cyborg shrugged with a nervous smile.

He then let out a yelp of pain as a big black hand slapped the back of his head.

After a long span of silence, which felt like forever, the heaviness of the situation finally sinked in on Cyborg.

'So..' Cyborg started in a serious, big brotherly voice, running his still sore head, 'What are you gonna do now?'

Raven hung her head low, 'I.. I don't know..' She looked up at Cyborg. 'What can I even do... Ju- just wait for his emotions to.. fade away?'

He looked thoughtful. 'You... you don't have feelings for him, r-right?'

'WHAT! NO!' She exclaimed. 'I look up to him as... as my "Role Model", he's a great leader... and to be honest almost like my long lost brother...'

'Have to agree with that.'

'And yes, I love him... but not.. Romantically.' Raven concluded.

'Well, then we have only two options...' Cyborg started slowly. 'Either you bury it deep inside yourself, like it never happened... or you can do something about it.'

'Well... I can bury it deep inside of me... but won't you... won't the both of us feel weird knowing that Robin loves me, but is dating Starfire?'

'You're right.' Cyborg huffed. ''It's almost like he's... half cheating on Star.

Raven nodded. Oh, why did she have to listen to everyone while she was unconscious. Couldn't she have just been in a coma like a normal person! Stupid empathic abilities and f-

'I think we have only one option now...' Cyborg spoke up, with an empathetic look on his face.

'Please don't tell me...'

'You have to tell Starfire.'

***

'Hello Friend!' Raven heard her exclaim as she levitated through the common room doors. 'It has been so glorious since you've awoken from your "Snow White Sleep"!'

After her long talk with Cyborg, Raven had been meditating in her room for a while. Following her long thinking session, she had come to the common room to get herself a cup of tea. But that was the last thing on her mind as she was met with the person she was trying to avoid; presumably for the rest of her life, "Starfire".

'Oh... hey, Star.' She gave her a weak smile. 'How are you?'

'Friend Raven, I have been the very upset since you were the not conscious... ' Starfire came forward and hugged her, 'But now I am the very happy that you are up and well! On the account of this glorious occasion, perhaps you would like to have the "Girl Time" with me?' She smiled expectantly.

Raven thought... Maybe that could be the best time to break it out to her...

'Okay Star,' Raven took a big breath and smiled. 'I never thought I would say this while I'm still alive, but, let's have some Girl-time.'

'Joy!' Starfire giggled as she literally swept Raven off of her feet.

***

Starfire's Room;

'Are you sure this is not radio-active?' Raven suspiciously eyed the neon green nail paint that Starfire was currently applying to her nails. 'It looks like tiny green versions of... Plasmus.'

'Friend, but I thought you would very much like this color.' Starfire looked up at Raven innocently.

'Why'd you think that?' Raven scoffed.

'Well...' Starfire began with a nervous smile. 'I know it does not match the very much... but it is green... the color of friend Beast Boy's skin.'

Something on Starfire's table exploded as Raven's whole face turned red.

'Wha- what's the connection w-with Bea-st B-boy?' She spluttered.

'Friend, please explain... I am the confused,' Starfire took a seat beside Raven on her bed. 'Don't you like friend Beast Boy?' She asked, as if inquiring if the sky is blue.

'WHAT?'

'Yes!' Starfire smiled. 'You look at him like Robin looks at me... and I know that he likes me very much. And friend Beast Boy looks at you with the same amount of admiration and the affection.'

Raven did not wanted the end of the Titans to come like this, especially with her blowing up the whole tower with her powers, so she did the most sensible thing she could do.

Accept.

What! Hell no!... and besides, she had come here on a mission... sort of.

'Robin!' Raven exclaimed, looking into Starfire's eyes. Divert 'Tell me something about your relationship!'

'Oh! Our relationship has been the most wondrous of the journey!' Starfire gave Raven one of her infamous bone-crushing hugs.

'And Raven,' She looked at Raven, gripping her shoulder, her face glowing with happiness... and a bit of vulnerability. 'I really love you, and you are my best friend and a sister I never had... can I trust you with a piece of my emotion?'

Raven smiled encouragingly at her and nodded.

'I think I am going to tell Richard today that I love him.' She revealed shyly.

'Oh..' Raven's eyes widened.

'Yes! I will tell him this following night!' Starfire flew over her bed with glee. 'He said that tonight, he will take me out for an extra special date... he said that he's going to tell me something that is the really important..'

'He said that?' Raven asked. Tell you that he doesn't love you!

'Yes... and regarding that,' Starfire flew over to her closet and opened it. 'Will you please help me with the dressing up? I want to look wondrous for him.'

'Well, for that matter...' Raven slowly breathed. 'You might want to put on the waterproof mascara.' This is it.

'But why the waterproof one?' She tilted her head.

'Be.. becau-.. Star..'

'Oh, I know!' She smiled widely. 'I will be the so very happy that I will cry the tears of joy!'

'Well... I can guarantee that there will be crying..' Raven softly said, 'But I am not sure if it'll be because of happiness.'

'Please, friend...' Starfire flew towards Raven with a troubled expression on her face. 'What do mean by that?'

Raven bit her lip.

She held Starfire by her shoulders and looked into her eyes. 'Kory... Dick.. doesn't love you anymore.'

'What?'

***

A/N: Now how's that for a cliffhanger! 

B'cause many people liked the Cy-Rae bonding in my last chapter *coughfanofbbraelolcough* , how did you like this chapter :3

thank you for reading!!

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

80.9K 958 155
Full of free ideas, fiction prompts, and words to inspire your next story! Thank you for 18.5K reads! Hope they help, or at least make you laugh here...
Vocabulary Help List Nytengale

Документальная проза

45.8K 679 21
HELP IS ON HERE!! Do you ever have the time where you cant think of another word? Do you ever wonder what some words mean? Help is right here!
64K 1.7K 46
Sinta ikaw na ang tahanan at mundo.
1.5K 71 5
You already know the famous F1 driver Charles Leclerc, but does he know himself? Charles has been through hell and is now trying to move on with his...