Sleepy Buddies

By Irellafish

The Sleepy Boys are known throughout the city of L'Manburg for their crimes. Each has a skillset that varies... More

Chapter 1- We Caught Them
Chapter 2- Escape Artists
Chapter 3- A New Recruit?
Chapter 4- A New Home
Chapter 5- A Little Bit of Fun
Chapter 6- Manhunt
Chapter 7- DreamWasTaken (by the Sleepy Boys)
Chapter 8- One Final Visit
Chapter 9- The Bi King
Chapter 10- A Marketplace Mishap
Chapter 11- That Old Cloak
Chapter 12- A King, a Pirate, and a Family
Chapter 13- Nightmare's Debut
Chapter 14- ✨A cHiLd✨ (NO)
Chapter 15- Ice Cream and Death
Chapter 16- Eret's Downfall
Chapter 17- Second in Command
Chapter 18- Night of Normalcy
Chapter 19- An Easy Choice
IMPORTANT!! PLEASE READ SUPER QUICK!!
Chapter 21- Screw the Weather
Chapter 22- The Two Impostors
Chapter 23-
Bonus Scenes

Chapter 20- Calm Before the Storm

2K 75 150
By Irellafish

Nightmare put his head in his hands, massaging his temples with a silent groan.  The headache wasn't going away, but he needed to get this completely perfect, down to the exact details.

"Run this by me one more time," he said in a tired voice.  Corpse nodded, shuffling the papers around.  His mask was still haunting, but as the darkening sky invaded the room his masked eye glowed gently.  It was a cool effect and he was completely jealous.

"Techno and Phil will be the diversions at the Box, making the police think you're trying to get Eret out.  They'll flock over there and leave the White House somewhat unguarded.  You and Ranboo sneak in through the old serving door disguised as a chef and a waiter while Wilbur, Tommy, and Tubbo do a live broadcast in front of the prison itself.  Then, it'll switch to the two of you and you assassinate Schlatt.  Boom, city takeover."

"And you have the backup plan in place?"

"Yes Nightmare, it's all ready when you guys are.  Will that be soon?"

"Well, the L'Manburg independence is in a week, why not then?"

"That would work, and it would leave an impression for sure," he drawled, dropping the papers onto the table.  "Fundy was in contact a few days ago, he said Eret's been moved to his place for good."

"Well then we're all set," Nightmare said, leaning back in his seat.  "Thank you Corpse."

"Yeah, I wasn't really expecting to have to take action in this, I mainly just take care of the nitty gritty shit Eret doesn't have time for.  I'm no leader."

"Well you're doing wonderfully," Nightmare said truthfully.  Corpse's mask stretched into it's haunted smile, but Nightmare had grown used to it.  He had been around Corpse long enough to know he wasn't as scary as he first appeared.

"You flatter me.  I'll see you and the others tomorrow for final planning and the exact details?"

"Sounds good to me, we're pretty busy tonight."

"Oh yes, Phil was telling me about that earlier, have fun."

"Thanks Corpse, see you tomorrow."

He waved, going back to the papers at hand.  Nightmare suppressed a shiver, Corpse may not scare him but the amount he worked couldn't be healthy.  Nightmare quietly let himself out, taking his mask off in the elevator.  He swept through the lobby, not making eye contact with anyone.  HBomb waited outside, giving a simple greeting as Dream hopped into the back.

They talked easily on their way back to Dream's, having done this often.  Somehow, Dream had become the representative for the Sleepy Boys, but he wasn't complaining.  Doing something kept him from going crazy.  By the time they were back home Dream was recounting old stories from his high school years and HBomb was laughing along.  He dropped Dream off and he let himself in through the front door.

"Dream!  How'd it go," Phil called.  Dream smiled and collapsed into an armchair.

"It went well.  We're waiting for L'Manburg independence day before we put it into motion, and a finalizing meeting tomorrow night."

"Perfect.  I'm going to go get the boys up, it's almost time to go.  Can you get Will and Techno?"

"Yeah, but if Techno kills me you're paying for the funeral."

"Sounds good.  Thanks mate."

Dream hummed a response and pushed himself back up.  He followed Phil down the hall but split off to go get Wilbur.  Maybe he'd be easier than Techno.  Maybe.  Also, he would hopefully help him.  He nudged the door open with a soft creak and pushed inside.  Wilbur was out cold, snoring gently into his pillow.  Dream crept up to him and gently shook him awake.

"Morning sexy," Wilbur groaned, rolling over.  Dream pulled back, snickering softly.  Wilbur's eye opened, then he closed it again.  "Oh thank god it's you, that would've been awkward."

"Agreed, and good morning to you too.  Now can you help me wake Techno up?  I'm too scared to do it alone."

Wilbur laughed and swung out of bed, wearing nothing but boxers.  Dream adverted his eyes, a blush slowly invading his cheeks.  Out of the corner of his eye he saw Wilbur grin and shake his head before moving to their dresser.

"Why do I still embarrass you so much?  You've seen this all before."

"I know, I know," Dream murmured.  "But still."

Wilbur rolled his eyes, pulling on shorts and a random shirt before heading for the door.  Dream followed him, headed for Techno's room.  It was at the end of the corridor, the furthest and most secluded room of the room.  Wilbur threw the door wide open and went straight for the windows.  He threw the curtains open as well, making Techno snarl and open his bright red eyes.

"Get up you lazy ass, we have trident games to go to, Phil doesn't want to miss them."

Techno rolled over and shoved his face into a pillow, groaning.  His bright pink hair fanned out over his back and shoulders, creating a long pink wave.  Wilbur, to Dream's immense surprise, threw himself onto the bed, flopping right onto Techno's body.  The piglin growled, shrugging him off .  Wilbur rolled to the opposite side of the bed, laid there for a moment, then tried again.  He began shaking the poor hybrid, making Techno tense.  Dream suppressed a knowing smile, this could only end one way.

"Come on Blade, get up," Wilbur whined, shaking him and frowning.  Techno got fed up and grabbed Wilbur, flying to bis feet and slamming him into a wall with a knife to his throat.  Dream was glad it was Wilbur and not him.  Techno was breathing heavily, his eyes feral and enraged.  He had Wilbur nearly hanging off the ground.

"Will.  You.  Shut.  Up."

"Hey I got you out of bed, that was my entire job," Wilbur said with a shrug.  He slipped out of Techno grasp like he was made of water and rejoined Dream in the doorway.  "Thanks for the help by the way."

"Nah, I was content to let that happen," Dream said with an easy smile.  Wilbur frowned jokingly and nudged him.

"Phil said to wear something warm, it's really cold out."

Techno threw the knife into the table, making it stick with a quiver.  

"Fine, but I'd watch your back if I were you."

"Yeah yeah," Wilbur said offhandedly, waving a hand around.  "Just get ready."

Techno rose his eyebrows and pulled his shirt over his head as the couple walked out.  Dream caught the faintest glimpse of a scarred torso before the door swung closed.  Wilbur dragged him to the kitchen, sat him down, and handed him a cup of steaming coffee waiting by the machine.

"Here, you look dead on your feet Dream."

"Thanks."  He took a sip, feeling the hot beverage seeping through his body.  He assumed it was meant to be Tommy's based off of the excessive creamer, but he didn't particularly care at this point.  Caffeine was caffeine, plain and simple.  He could deal with the Brit any time he wanted.

Speaking of Tommy, the boy stumbled out of his room looking like a wreck.  His fluffy hair was sticking in at least five different directions, his eyes were drooping, and he was using a counter-top to stay upright.

"Rough night?"

"A little bit.  Hey! Where's my coffee?"  He spun in a circle to see Dream holding the mug.  He downed the rest of it, dropped the mug, and sprinted for his life.  Tommy yelled obscenities and raced after him.  Wilbur sat on a counter, laughing hysterically as Dream ran circles around the younger boy.  

Tommy finally managed to corner him, grinning wildly.  He dove forward and tackled Dream, knocking his head against the wall.  Dream cried out and kneed him in the stomach, easily taking control of the situation.  His head began to throb and he groaned loudly.

"Did you really have to give me a headache?"

"That's what you get you green highlighter bastard," Tommy snapped, wriggling like a little worm.  Dream snorted and let him up, stumbling back to his chair.

"Now we're even." Wilbur said.  Dream rolled his eyes and began searching for some aspirin.  Tonight was going to be... fun.

~~~

Dream wrapped his arms tighter around himself, hoping to generate even a little bit more heat.  He was wearing heavy black pants and a forest green windbreaker, but he was still shivering against the wind.  He had decided against a mask, not wanting to hide tonight.  They Sleepy Boys were sitting on a rooftop, looking out over a giant stadium.  It was lit up with colorful blue, green, and purple lights, flying into the night.  They were surprisingly close, able to make out each individual person as they were introduced.

"Have you ever been to one of these," Wilbur asked, pulling his brown scarf closer to himself.  He looked amazing as always, making Dream's heart patter.  He shook himself out of it.

"Yeah, I few times.  I don't really remember how it works though," Dream admitted.

"Everyone competing gets a trident with riptide on it, then they fly through rings and score points. Tonight is two different teams, but sometimes it's teams of two, four, or even eight.  Once they did solos, but a lot of people got hurt."

"Phil used to play," Tommy said, swinging his legs over the side of the building and drinking a sip of hot chocolate from their thermos.  "But once his wings got too big, people became dickheads and said he couldn't compete."

"What Tommy is trying to explain," Techno said at Dream's confused snort and Phil's giggle, "is Phil wasn't allowed to compete because people thought he was going to use his wings to cheat.  Also, they didn't fit in his wet suit."

"Oh, that's stupid," Dream said in annoyance.  Phil just shrugged.

"It's fine, I was getting a little too old and brittle for it," he joked.  Ranboo laughed, leaning his head on Tubbo's shoulder.  Wilbur put his arm around Dream, pulling him close and generating more heat for the both of them.  Tommy tried to lay on Techno but he shoved the teenager away.

"Come on Blade, let me use you as a pillow," Tommy complained.  Techno frowned a little.

"First of all stop calling me 'blade.'  Second of all, no way."

"Awww come on bacon, please?"  Techno snarled and got up, moving further away.  Phil laughed.

"Come on boys, can you get along for just one night?"

"Never," Techno deadpanned.  Tommy just glared at him and moved closer to Tubbo.  Phil rolled his eyes as a loud horn blared into the night.  They all riveted their attention towards the arena as the first person took off.  The crowd hollered and cheered as the games began.  Two teams, blue and orange, began soaring through hoops and knocking one another out of the air.

They all yelled along, cheering for randoms and pointing out certain moves.  During one certain round, a younger boy with purple tips on his hair managed to carry his team to victory.  Unsurprisingly, his name was Purpled and he was the undefeated champion of the games according to the others.

"He's my favorite," Tubbo claimed in a happy tone.  Ranboo made a joke about being replaced to which Tubbo refuted.

They watched the games until their close, enjoying the cooling night with each other.  It was soothing, calming Dream's frayed nerves and mind.  At some point, Wilbur wrapped his over-sized trench coat around the both of them and they cuddled for warmth.  And because it felt nice.

When the games ended, (orange won, in case anyone was wondering) they all gathered their things, talking with animated, passionate tones about the games.  Tubbo and Tommy were locked in an argument about who performed better, Ranboo chiming in every once in a while.  Techno, Dream, and Phil were talking about the different moves, Phil pointing out a few mistakes.

Techno snuck up behind Wilbur, hovering his hands over his hips.  Dream watched in amusement as Techno shoved him, making Wilbur scream as he careened towards the lip of the building.  Techno, however, was still holding on to his waist and pulled him back up.

"You're lucky I'm so nice," he declared as Wilbur panted and shook.  Dream shook his head and took Wilbur in his arms.  

"You do that again and I will muder you," Wilbur gasped out.  Techno snorted.

"Technoblade never dies."

"You-"

"SHUT UP.  BOTH OF YOU," Phil yelled.  The two froze, frowned at one another, and actually did stop.  "Now can we please go home before we're spotted?"

They were home right as the sun rose, having taken a detour to rob Karl.  Wilbur suggested visiting Fundy and Eret, but Techno shot him down, saying it wasn't time and it would put the mission in danger.  Dream was secretly relieved, he didn't feel like seeing Fundy until it was absolutely necessary.  They ended back up at home, laden down with riches and dragging their feet.  They stored their things in the secrets nooks, crannies, and hidden rooms scattered around the seemingly small house.

"Come on, bed," Phil said when they had finished cleaning up.  Everyone else knew better than to argue and complied.  Wilbur raised his eyebrows suggestively as Dream closed the door to his room.

"No, I want to sleep."

"Okay, okay," Wilbur said, his tone innocent while his eyes glimmered with unspoken promises and wishes.  Dream shook his head, they had things to do tomorrow, and Wilbur was not one of them.

"I'm serious Wilbur," Dream argued, but a smile twitched at the corner of his mouth.  Wilbur took notice and shook his head.

"If you say so," he said, but his tone was still playful and suggestive.  Dream turned and began rifling through drawers, trying to stamp out the smile and emotions plaguing him.

"Wilbur, we have a meeting to attend to and I want to be able to walk and stay awake."

"Fine fine, I understand.  But after that?"

"No Wilbur, we have duties to this city that come first.  We can wait."

"Oh come on Dream, this isn't fair."

"You know what," Dream said, cocking his head and making Wilbur smile in confusion, "you're right.  It's very unfair.  How about the next time we screw is in the White House?"

"Dream-,"

"Do we have a deal?"  He turned and held out his hand, grinning at Wilbur's shocked expression.  He sighed and shook his outstretched hand.

"We do, but I'm holding it to you."

"I'd expect nothing less," Dream all but purred.

"Maybe you can be a top."

Dream shook his head, dropping into the bed and pulling the covers over himself.  Wilbur did the same, and together they fell into a satisfied sleep.

~~~

UMMMMMMMMM OKAY THEN.  I don't know what to do with my hands anymore, help?  So yes, this contained very little plot but there is gonna be some fun stuff coming up. I trust you all can be patient enough to wait?  Perfect.

Word Count- 2508

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8K 272 13
It's the late 1900s. Reports of crimes have been swirling around the famously large city of L'manburg, leaving detective Alex Quackity perplexed and...
222K 9.9K 200
The Bench Trio, TommyInnit, Tubbo_, and Ranboo Beloved live in District 17, one of the poorer districts on the outskirts of L'Manburg, a major city i...
180 10 12
hi guys! this is a new story I thought of! I took inspiration from @_Duckle!! Go and check them out they are amazinggg at story writing it is actuall...
26.7K 1.1K 76
The bond between family had never been stronger when it came to the Watson Family. Each played an important role and how they did it was completely u...